Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' (47424 Views)

Pregnancy, Drug Test: Covenant University Subtly Reacts To Allegations (video) / Unilag Freshers Seen Climbing Wall To Undergo Their Mandatory Drug Test. / Is This Lady One Of The Reasons Bowen Students Were Afraid Of The Drug Test? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 29, 2020
"They lied to our parents" Covenant University students accuse the school of leaving them under the rain to carry out pregnancy and drug test, instead of COVID-19 test

Students of Covenant University took to Twitter to claim the school's management refused to perform Covid-19 tests on them but chose instead to perform pregnancy and drug tests.
The students claimed that a member of staff told them they don't have to worry about being infected with Coronavirus because "Papa", their General Overseer, is praying for them.

They added that they were left in the rain for hours as the "pregnancy and drug tests" were carried out and their luggage and provisions were soaked.

@booghy_ tweeted:
"COVENANT UNIVERSITY IS NOT DOING COVID-19 TEST FOR STUDENTS! THEY LIED TO OUR PARENTS. THEY ARE ONLY DOING PREGNANCY AND DRUG TEST! I RESUMED TODAY AND ALL THEY DID WAS TAKE MY URINE AND BLOOD SAMPLE. @OGSGOfficial PLEASE HELP! I AM SCARED TO MY WITS! RETWEET WHEN YOU SEE THIS.
"They brought out only 2 canopies to search and test us. We were so many! Rain fell and they left us under the rain. Our provisions were destroyed and our luggages soaked to the last.
"One of the staffs even said that if any of us is infected, that we should not worry that papa is praying. That we should forget COVID-19.
"And to top it all, in the hostels, we are FOUR in a room! FOUR! No difference from every other semester before COVID-19."

When asked for proof, other students shared a video of students waiting in the rain with their luggage but they had no concrete proof that pregnancy and drug tests, instead of COVID-19 tests, were carried out. Their only proof was that their blood and urine samples were taken, instead of a swab up their nose.

Watch the video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7G_oLCijNc

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/9/they-lied-to-our-parents-covenant-university-students-accuse-the-school-of-leaving-them-under-the-rain-to-carry-out-pregnancy-and-drug-test-instead-of-covid-19-test.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' by Kriss216: 11:06am On Sep 29, 2020
The students claimed that a member of staff told them they don't have to worry about being infected with Coronavirus because "Papa", their General Overseer, is praying for them.
cheesy cheesy

Papa Is praying for them?

EFCC will not say anything now. Yahoo is not only pressing laptop o
angry

146 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' by SmartProf(m): 11:07am On Sep 29, 2020
If this story is confirmed as true, all the overzealous staff who supervised this should be queried and punished to serve as a deterrent to others, and an unreserved apology should be quickly issued to the students and their parents/guardians. However, there are 3 sides to this story; that of the students, the school management, and the real truth. I hope the management can respond to this allegations without speaking grammer cos i'm not sure Bishop Oyedepo will ever approve of this.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' by Maize247(f): 11:09am On Sep 29, 2020
ok

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' by Antoeni(m): 11:10am On Sep 29, 2020
It's Only God That Truly Knows The Reasons Why Covenant University Was Established

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' by SmartProf(m): 11:12am On Sep 29, 2020
Kriss216:

cheesy cheesy

Papa Is praying for them?

EFCC will not say anything now. Yahoo is not only pressing laptop o
angry
Rather than rush into conclusion, wait for the other side of the story from the school management. Students are mainly known to give unbalanced reports.

74 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' by Kriss216: 11:12am On Sep 29, 2020
Antoeni:
It's Only God That Truly Knows Why Covenant University Was Established
God is not aware of Covenant University establishment!

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' by Righteousness89(m): 11:14am On Sep 29, 2020
Someone Must be Held Responsible for this..

The CU I know and attended is More Organized than all these..

Whoever was Appointed to oversee the Resumption of students should be Held Responsible..

I Believe The Institution will Sort all these out!

HigherEd I would love to Hear from you..

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' by Kriss216: 11:15am On Sep 29, 2020
SmartProf:

Rather than rush to a conclusion, wait for the other side of the story from the school management. Students are mainly known to give unbalanced reports.
Really? You expected the school management to agree with the students? There's heavy scam going on in that school.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' by Nbotee(m): 11:16am On Sep 29, 2020
No b dem wan go private University? Na their money na so make dem enjoy am.. Their skool, their rules..

21 Likes

Re: Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' by Antoeni(m): 11:16am On Sep 29, 2020
God Knows and Sees the heart of Man.
He Knows Everything.
Kriss216:

God is not aware of Covenant University establishment!

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' by SmartProf(m): 11:16am On Sep 29, 2020
Antoeni:
It's Only God That Truly Knows Why Covenant University Was Established
Not only God..we all know that Covenant Uni was established to raise the educational standard in the country that has greatly diminished through quality training and research. A one sided dark story shouldn't be enough to write them off totally in bad light. Afterall what have our public institutions set as standard if we must compare? We await the school mgt to address this issue so the sane public can have a balanced judgement.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' by Ventura1: 11:17am On Sep 29, 2020
They subtly oppress the people under the guise of religion.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' by SmartProf(m): 11:20am On Sep 29, 2020
Righteousness89:

The CU I know and attended More Organized than all these..

Whoever was Appointed to oversee the Resumption should be Held Responsible..

I am also awaiting a more detailed response from the school mgt or a close source of the institution. That will inform my take on the issue.

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 29, 2020
SmartProf:

Rather than rush to a conclusion, wait for the other side of the story from the school management. Students are mainly known to give unbalanced reports.
Let's assume they are lying about the pregnancy and drug test, how about them and their luggage being soaked in the rain?

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' by BuhariAdvocate: 11:22am On Sep 29, 2020
You will see those who can't afford one Heineken of beer arguing with each other Over the children of billionaires that complain about their own problems.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 29, 2020
SmartProf:

Not God..we all know that Covenant Uni was established to raise the educational standard in the country that has greatly diminished through quality training and research. A one sided dark story shouldn't be enough to write them off totally in bad light. Afterall what have our public institutions set as standard if we must compare? We await the school mgt to address this issue so the sane public can have a balanced judgement.
Which one is one sided? Watch the video before you comment. No matter the students offence, the school mgt has no right to keep them in the rain.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' by SmartProf(m): 11:31am On Sep 29, 2020
saaphiere:
Which one is one sided? Watch the video before you comment. No matter the students offence, the school mgt has no right to keep them in the rain.
What do u mean by watch the video? Is that short clip of seeing rain water moving underneath boxes enough as an evidence that the compund is that of covenant Uni? How many interviews were carried out in the video of students complaining? Aren't there other things one should see in such video to have a conclusive judgement? Anyone who just believe a story hurriedly without a balanced reportage in this age and time must be very gullible.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' by kukoyi17226: 11:33am On Sep 29, 2020
You will see those who can't afford one Heineken of lager arguing with each variety Over the kids of millionaires that complain about their their difficulties.
Re: Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 29, 2020
SmartProf:

What do u mean by watch the video? Is that short clip of seeing rain water moving underneath boxes enough as an evidence that the compund is that of covenant Uni? How many interviews were carried out in the video of students complaining? Aren't there other things one should see in such video to have a conclusive judgement? Anyone who just believe a story hurriedly without a balanced reportage in this age and time must be very gullible.
If the story is fake, why would the students tweet it and even tagged NCDC when they know the consequences which can lead to them being expelled from the school?

27 Likes

Re: Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' by SmartProf(m): 11:45am On Sep 29, 2020
saaphiere:
If the story is fake, why would the students tweet it and even tagged NCDC when they know the consequences which can lead to them being expelled from the school?
I am not defending the school against the students. I'm only saying it isn't wise to make judgement on a one sided story. For fairness, let's get the other accused side to state their position as well.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' by GreatResearcher: 11:46am On Sep 29, 2020
SmartProf:

If you call the people who believe in this video gullible, what will you call the people who believe in the story of a talking snake in a particular garden?

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' by SmartProf(m): 11:49am On Sep 29, 2020
GreatResearcher:
If you call the people who believe in this video gullible, what will you call the people who believe in the story of a talking snake in a particular garden?
For the sake of respecting people's right to their religious beliefs, I will be silent on your question.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' by GreatResearcher: 11:56am On Sep 29, 2020
SmartProf:

For the sake of respecting people's right to their religious beliefs, I will be silent on your question.
Ok.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' by GreatResearcher: 11:57am On Sep 29, 2020
saaphiere:
"They lied to our parents" Covenant University students accuse the school of leaving them under the rain to carry out pregnancy and drug test, instead of COVID-19 test

Students of Covenant University took to Twitter to claim the school's management refused to perform Covid-19 tests on them but chose instead to perform pregnancy and drug tests.

They added that they were left in the rain for hours as the "pregnancy and drug tests" were carried out and their luggage and provisions were soaked.

@booghy_ tweeted:

When asked for proof, other students shared a video of students waiting in the rain with their luggage but they had no concrete proof that pregnancy and drug tests, instead of COVID-19 tests, were carried out. Their only proof was that their blood and urine samples were taken, instead of a swab up their nose.

Watch the video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7G_oLCijNc

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/9/they-lied-to-our-parents-covenant-university-students-accuse-the-school-of-leaving-them-under-the-rain-to-carry-out-pregnancy-and-drug-test-instead-of-covid-19-test.html

lalasticlala
This school is over-hyped bullshitt.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' by MikeMicheal(m): 11:58am On Sep 29, 2020
The useless students should be arrested for hate speech.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 29, 2020
you can't support Covenant University and still be blaming the government in the same breath.

the two institutions are both strong supporters of freedom of speech

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' by HigherEd: 12:09pm On Sep 29, 2020
Righteousness89:

The CU I know and attended is More Organized than all these..

Whoever was Appointed to oversee the Resumption should be Held Responsible..

I agree with you. This is unacceptable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 29, 2020
°°°
Their school, their rules

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' by Denique(f): 12:23pm On Sep 29, 2020
So, Righteousness went to C.U shocked Nice!
Righteousness89:

The CU I know and attended is More Organized than all these...

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:33pm On Sep 29, 2020
Why the lies

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy & Drug Test: Covenant University Students 'They Lied To Our Parents' by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:33pm On Sep 29, 2020
Denique:
So, Righteousness went to C.U shocked

Nice!
Gongo aso cheesy
Denique:
Pun detected! cheesy
Lol cheesy
No pun intended jare!

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

15 Possible Questions You May Come Across During Your Screening Exercise / Ishaq Olanrewaju Oloyode Appointed JAMB Boss: Profile And Pictures / Important Abbreviations You Might Not Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.