Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,224 members, 7,807,748 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

Engineer Launches Rocket In Kaduna - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Engineer Launches Rocket In Kaduna (2312 Views)

Military: Boko Haram Rocket Making Factory Photos Not Real / Nigerian Young Engineer Launches Home Made Rocket In Kaduna / Fear As Teenagers Launch Rocket In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Engineer Launches Rocket In Kaduna by Kobojunkie: 3:56am On Mar 03, 2011
babaearly:

@kobojunkie

i lff you. you dey clap your hand until that kind rocket fall ontop your brother house for naija na him you go know. Boko haram is showing you their exploits behind the glass you are here salivating.

So what? It still ranks higher on the list than manual bricklaying machine, abacus, time checkers etc. wey your government spent millions more to produce, telling you it is major BREAKTHROUGH and will put Nigeria on the global map.  ****shudders**** grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Engineer Launches Rocket In Kaduna by homerac7: 6:24am On Mar 03, 2011
Idupaul & fstranger,

God bless u guys for good reasonings. How can suh info b sensibly presented wtout telling of d launchihg sequence, altitide attained, time taken, recovery distance from point of launch, payload, weight, specific type of prepellant, etc,?

D chinese were doing ds some 700 years ago, so what makes ds different wtout dos info?

BTW, did d reporter write "invent"? Its a stoopid brand wof journalism at best. If at all chap did some noble cutting edge work, d essence is lost in d gutter journalism
Re: Engineer Launches Rocket In Kaduna by Nobody: 6:44am On Mar 03, 2011
^^^ I've been going through some of your posts and I wonder why a post-grad student (I'm guessing) would endeavor in discussing political issues in text slang.  undecided

It's annoying. Dont reply back in insults, please. Thanks smiley
Re: Engineer Launches Rocket In Kaduna by homerac7: 6:52am On Mar 03, 2011
^^ "text slang" = ??

Haba, y will i insult u na? Pls educate me so dt i will understand better.
Re: Engineer Launches Rocket In Kaduna by Nobody: 6:55am On Mar 03, 2011
homerac7:

^^ "text slang" = ??

Haba, y will i insult u na? Pls educate me so dt i will understand better.
*raise eyebrow* hmm hmm

D = the
y = why
dt = that

etc. . . .
Re: Engineer Launches Rocket In Kaduna by homerac7: 7:02am On Mar 03, 2011
^^ ok, now i get u. I do dt because i do most of my posts from my phone, so i try every short cuts; "txt slangs", compressn, ommissins, et al for convenience n speed.

I never knw it can b repulsive to some people. I apologize bt i hav little choices. I will try to improve. Tnx for calln my attn to it. Cheers
Re: Engineer Launches Rocket In Kaduna by Nobody: 7:10am On Mar 03, 2011
^^^ awww what a gentleman. No problem.
Re: Engineer Launches Rocket In Kaduna by slap1(m): 7:26am On Mar 03, 2011
Good thing to imagine, but with the way this is reported, I wouldn't be suprized if what the guy built is nothing near a rocket.
Re: Engineer Launches Rocket In Kaduna by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 03, 2011
slap1:

Good thing to imagine, but with the way this is reported, I wouldn't be suprized if what the guy built is nothing near a rocket.
If the guy could build a rocket with 30k,I'm sure he can build a plane with 20k and helicopter with 17K.won't like to ride in one of these ? grin anyways,it's a good development .
Re: Engineer Launches Rocket In Kaduna by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 03, 2011
I commend this guys courage, he spent his time and money to build this 'rocket' that is realy commendable! What he had done, though nt groundbreaking, if improved upon could move the country foward. But we suld not forget that the likes of Prf. Okeke of UNN, helped the Biafrans built a rocket propelled bomb, they call it one funy name, I forgot! The man is still alive, what are we doing wt his brain? Nothing!
As for the repoter, he/she s frm Dailytrust, they are out to promote northern interest, the boy is a northerner in the north!
Re: Engineer Launches Rocket In Kaduna by slap1(m): 8:45am On Mar 03, 2011
~Bluetooth:

If the guy could build a rocket with 30k,I'm sure he can build a plane with 20k and helicopter with 17K.won't like to ride in one of these ? grin anyways,it's a good development .
I tire o! I know how much it cost the Jet Club in my school to build a small inverter about five years ago . . . well, good for us all, I guess.
Re: Engineer Launches Rocket In Kaduna by Pharoh: 8:53am On Mar 03, 2011
Welcomed development.
Re: Engineer Launches Rocket In Kaduna by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 03, 2011
I still maintain that this guy's effort is great, infact, it worth a prize in a JETS compitition. Bt it does not worth being celebratd as a national achievment! Anybody who is willing, physicaly, mentaly and financialy, can build practicaly anythng, which culd easily be goten frm the net this day! was it nt said tht the INEC reg software is open-source? They jst googled the thing and downlod to use! When Okeke and Co built 'ogbunugbue' during the civil war, there was no internet! Those guys wuld have read tones of physics, chemistry and elect-elect books. That is what I call, research!
Re: Engineer Launches Rocket In Kaduna by snthesis(m): 9:40am On Mar 03, 2011
A detailed report required. i commend his effort though, if the rocket he built is what i think it is, its a first step in the right direction. however the challenge in building a rocket is not  in the propulsion system but  actually in the guidance system. i still commend his efforts  wink
Re: Engineer Launches Rocket In Kaduna by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 25, 2011
I would love to see pictures of this rocket, beside something familiar, so I can scale it. Right now, no pictures, videos or specification makes this a not-so-convincing report.
Re: Engineer Launches Rocket In Kaduna by tsdarkside(m): 4:11am On Jul 05, 2015
Kobojunkie:

Time management systems are Example Projects most every other Computer science student creates in the first or second year of school. Plus, if you type  'FREE Time management' system into google, you will get at least 20,000 legit entries that you can download and use for yourself. I no know how government go then spend our money to develop wetin dey boku online, come dey tell us say im go put us on global  map . . . that there is just DISTURBED reasoning  . . . lol

Also, since we are still spending money to invent MANUAL brick making machines, wait till we get the announcement that we have re-invented the Abacus, and maybe polyester next . ROFLMAO!!

hmm....true...the other nations have surpassed us,very far....we have to start thinking very quick... undecided undecided undecided undecided

i know we will surpass them,if we put our act toghether.....we willllll win,this race thingy...i am black,i dont even understand this race competition....stvpid..but we can not be behind no more,if you are black,you can not afford it...we must survive!!!! angry angry angry angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Unknown Gunmen Kills 6 At The Deeper Life Bible Church, Gombe State / Delta Youths Perfect Plans To Protest In Favour Of Referendum& Us Military Base / Awolowo Vs Achebe: simple logic eluding Nigerians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.