Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger (4368 Views)

Arsene Wenger Hits Out At Arsenal Fans In Press Conference Outburst / Breaking: Jose Mourinho Warns Chelsea Not To Sack Him, Hits Out At Officials / Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger by muyeskin(m): 12:53pm On Jun 23, 2007
Jeremie Aliadiere has accused Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger of picking players on the size of their transfer fee and not their ability.

Aliadiere has just completed a £2million move to Middlesbrough having grown fed up of being left out of the first team.

He said: ?Last season was a shock because I played a few matches and scored a few goals, but from one day to another I wasn't used any more. That is why I wanted to leave. Anyway I would never have been a starter for Arsenal under Wenger.

"For example Jose Reyes or Robin van Persie haven't been great at the beginning but have played. I had a lower salary whereas they had been bought for a lot of money. That made it easier to put me on the bench.

"It is true that I am disappointed because I think I could have succeeded with Arsenal. Cest la vie. But I was at Arsenal for eight years so I am happy to start from new. I am relieved and happy because I felt like I was never going to leave Arsenal.

"I can't wait to start training again on 2 July and to see what will happen. After all those years on the bench, I only want to play.

"I'm as motivated as ever to attack with Boro, to have a great season and to show everybody and most of all to Wenger that he has missed something."
Re: Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger by A40(m): 3:58pm On Jun 23, 2007
Good riddance we dont need the guy jo, angry
Re: Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger by 9ja4eva: 7:28pm On Jun 23, 2007
What a player lost?Cole said d same thing
Re: Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger by topeorekoy(m): 5:10pm On Jun 26, 2007
IS COLE'S form in Chelsea better that his form when he was with us GOONERS? Aliadiere Shld just keep quiet and face his new career in "BORO
Re: Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger by chuckdee4(m): 5:16pm On Jun 26, 2007
Good riddance, see person wey dem give chance last season, apart from the Carling cup match against Liverpool, he along with Baptista were nonsense, he was with us for 8 years (Ok some of it on loan) and he says Arsene Wenger didn't give him a chance, last season the guys showed he wasn't all that, i applaud his long service but he's not in RVP's league, even Bendter looks a better player than him.
Re: Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger by RuuDie(m): 5:33pm On Jun 26, 2007
hey cut the dude some slack; Aliadere is a pretty good player, never shoulda been sold --- Wenger's bludered there lets face it he's let 3 strikers go now & ain't even gotten round to thinking of how to buy 1 --- does he think Van Persie can ever be as influential as igwe was ?
Re: Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger by chuckdee4(m): 5:37pm On Jun 26, 2007
Ruddie u never know until u try, afterall no one knew Igwe would be the player he is today 8 years ago when he first signed, van Persie has shown enough signs of genius to be the next Dennis Bergkamp, lets just hope he matures quickly, as for Aliadire, i never really liked him, maybe im a bit harsh but he had pace but never used it to his advantage, like i said thanks for the 8 yrs of service but the grade at Arsenal is a bit higher than his so good luck to him, i hope he hits it big at Borough and probbaly held them beat United n Chelsea in the process
Re: Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger by muyeskin(m): 2:42pm On Jun 27, 2007
Well the guy is proving himself also, Lets see wat he can do in boro
Re: Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger by damoche07(m): 7:33pm On Jun 27, 2007
Aladiere is so funny. Infact, i cant believe all wat i just read.that guy is the worst striker Arsenal has ever had after Francis Jeffers.His finishing is the worst i av ever seen.Qiute frankly,i appreciate his footwork and his eargeness to take on defenders which is the neccesary ingredient of becoming a a great striker but if after all this years at Arsenal training with Henry ,B ergkamp and the likes he still cant score with glaring chances,its time he get a fresh challenge.Adebayor has tremendously improved within a year and if Van persie wasnt injured earlyin the season,he must have scored more.These are players who were really goal shy when they came.He was talking about Price tgs and i colud not but laugh.Rvpersie was bought for 4million.Eboue and the rest who form the fulcrum of the team were bought ridiculous amounts.Wenger's has historically chosen people basedon thier performances and have even sold older players o allow younger ones to bloom.Ask Silvinho,Overmars etc.Instead of abusing Wenger he should regret not performing to the level where we wont be regreting much about Henry's departure.
Re: Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger by RuuDie(m): 9:43am On Jun 28, 2007
you guys can hit out @ Aliadere all you want - he's right to feel aggrieved. i'm glad you've noticed some things about the guy that woulda made him a big asset to any club - he can take on defences on his own when isolated ! something Henry could also do - Van Persie is more of a team player but when he's isolated or doesn't get the right service, he's utterly useless !
i still maintain that Wenger blundered; i'm not expecting a lot of goals from the Gunners next season except they bolster that midfield or get a very, very good striker !
Re: Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger by chuckdee4(m): 10:09am On Jun 28, 2007
Ruddie the guy was given a chance to show what he could do, no other club gives youngstars that sort of chance better than Arsenal does.
He's not a bad player but was not in the league of RVP and Adebayor, plus he did not show much improvement over his 8 yrs at Arsenal.
Think of it, he was there before Adebayor and RVP, yet they overtook him in teh pecking order, simply because they improved much more than he did, like i said 8 yrs no be joke, but he just wasn't cutting the cheese so i guess he had to go
Re: Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger by RuuDie(m): 10:16am On Jun 28, 2007
Please, Adebayor and RVP came into Arsenal as already established players; Aliadere had to come thru the ranks. in all the 8yrs, how many matches did he get to play ?
Re: Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger by topeorekoy(m): 10:51am On Jun 28, 2007
RuuDie:

Please, Adebayor and RVP came into Arsenal as already established players; Aliadere had to come through the ranks. in all the 8yrs, how many matches did he get to play ?

@RuuDie,

was he the only one that came in thru the ranks? clichy came in thru the ranks and he is playing now. if u play good football as per your coach, u get the coach's backing but if u aint doint it right u go off to another club. let him just concentrate on his new career rather than lash out at ur coach. i believe players that do like that r not good players. a whole RUUD
Re: Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger by RuuDie(m): 11:01am On Jun 28, 2007
@ Topeorekoy, i'm not a GUNNER, but i have watched enuff of their games to tell a thing or two about 'em!

topeorekoy:

@RuuDie,
was he the only one that came in through the ranks? clichy came in through the ranks and he is playing now.

if A.Cole was still a GUNNER would clichy be playing. by the way, how many left backs do they have sef

topeorekoy:
i believe players that do like that r not good players.

i take it that its your own personal opinion!

lets face it, this guy was never given a chance and has every right to be upset. 8yrs and "craptista" probably played more games for Arsenal than he did in all 8yrs - who wouldn't be upset !!?
Re: Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger by topeorekoy(m): 11:13am On Jun 28, 2007
When ur coach decides to offload u, i guess u shld be more matured abt it. even if u play or dont play. he wouldnt have gotten any chance to play if not that RVP and TH were injured. so the same applies fro any back up player. if the first choice is still there, u'll be on the bench. that was y he spent 8 yrs there not playing. which position would he have filled in the 8 yrs wen we had,PIRES, WILTORD, KANU, TH, DENIS, Ljungberg in the squad. a player is meant to perfrom when he is given a chance to do so while the other 1st team players are away. that was what EBUOE did in the case of LAUREN and lauren never got his place back.

in all honesty do u think Aliadiere deserves to be in the 1st eleven of the gunners? RUDD BOY was sold to REAL under a diffrent situation despite the fact that he was playing and scoring well for MAN u but he didnt go to MADRID and lash out at ALEX FEGURSON cos he is matured and professional. Aliadiere aint professional and neither is he mautured cos football is all about what u give out when u are given the chance to display
Re: Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger by RuuDie(m): 11:19am On Jun 28, 2007
when has being unprofessional ever made a footballer a bad player are you saying that he shouldn't speak his mind was that part of the contract he signed at Arsenal

the question here is, did Wenger ever really give this young lad the chance to prove himself ? he certainly thinks not - and i totally concur ! so what are you saying ?
Re: Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger by chuckdee4(m): 11:34am On Jun 28, 2007
Ruddie, even if he wasn't given a fair chance in Arsenal he had 3 loan spells where he had the chance of showing AW that he was Arsenal material but never showed enough to convince AW. Bedtner was offered loaned out and showed his prowess now it has landed him a professional deal, Aliadire try as he may just never did make teh grade, u can't question his work rate but he just wasn't it period, nobody said he was a bad player, maybe he's up to Middlesborough's standards but definetly not up to Arsenal's. When he went off, it just sounded like sour grapes
Re: Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger by topeorekoy(m): 11:51am On Jun 28, 2007
CHUCKDEE4 has buttressed my point
Re: Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger by RuuDie(m): 12:02pm On Jun 28, 2007
he had 3 loan spells and you guys took brought him back each time - why didn't y'all sell his ass after the 1st if you thot he wasn't up to Arsenal standards as you say ?
Re: Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger by RuuDie(m): 12:03pm On Jun 28, 2007
and who says that Aliadere didn't already have a prof. contract with the Gunners ?
Re: Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger by chuckdee4(m): 12:17pm On Jun 28, 2007
RuuDie:

he had 3 loan spells and you guys took brought him back each time - why didn't y'all sell his ass after the 1st if you thot he wasn't up to Arsenal standards as you say ?

Exactly the point i made about him given chance after chance to show his full potential, after 8 years at the club including 3 loan spells it was quite obvious he wasn't it. Ruddie if ur so in luv with him y not start a topic to get ur club to buy him, if he is that good
Re: Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger by chuckdee4(m): 12:18pm On Jun 28, 2007
RuuDie:

and who says that Aliadere didn't already have a prof. contract with the Gunners ?

the more reason he had to go, cutting the wage bill even more
Re: Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger by RuuDie(m): 1:20pm On Jun 28, 2007
i'm just pissed that Arsenal peeps are just dissing the guy unnecessarily - he clearly wasn't given 'nuff matches to prove his mettle. Wenger's clearly o'utta his elements, the guy's losing it!
Re: Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger by muyeskin(m): 1:29pm On Jun 28, 2007
@ ruddie,
He was at least given some last season, But the fact is, He was blaming Arsene for his move while he felt like moving before
Re: Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger by chuckdee4(m): 2:05pm On Jun 28, 2007
RuuDie:

i'm just pissed that Arsenal peeps are just dissing the guy unnecessarily - he clearly wasn't given 'nuff matches to prove his mettle. Wenger's clearly o'utta his elements, the guy's losing it!

Ruddie the guy drew first blood, he could have moved quietly and would have been applauded when he visits the Emirates but he had to open his gob (For crying out loud he was with us for 8 yeasrs, everyone appreciated that), abegi, he wasn't class enough and thats the bottom line. If he's so good why didn't Chelsea n United come for him?
Re: Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger by RuuDie(m): 2:45pm On Jun 28, 2007
guy. leave story - when Eto'o lashed out at Madrid b4 leaving to Barca was there any hue and cry? don't let the bitter taste the Henry transfer is causing spill to other players jo ! he has every right to speak his mind, he's not the only player to express his disdain at his old employer so let him be and it doesn't change the fact that he's a good player afterall you bought Reyes for $20m but was he any better ?
Re: Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger by damoche07(m): 5:03pm On Jun 28, 2007
Ruddie,whats your your surname cos i wont mind checking Aladiere's agent's name. I believe its going to match.
Re: Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger by RuuDie(m): 5:54pm On Jun 28, 2007
damoche07:

Ruddie,whats your your surname because i wont mind checking Aladiere's agent's name. I believe its going to match.

the question is do you think Aliadere is a good player or not - leave my surname o'utta it !!! why are all you Arsenal fans yapping as if the guy was the worst player that ever donned an Arsenal shirt!
Wenger sells pure talent only to go bidding for Martins - imagine shocked
Re: Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger by topeorekoy(m): 6:08pm On Jun 28, 2007
dont tell me u think Aliadiere is better than Martins? y didnt u MAN U bid for him? we would have gladly sold it to get rooney in return. nobody is saying he is the worst player to wear a gunner jersey but what we r against is the fact that he is lashing out at his coach
Re: Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger by A40(m): 4:12pm On Jul 03, 2007
@Ruddie
Aliadiere just didnt cut it he had his chance you cant say he didnt have his chance, hes goalscoring ratio is just too low for a striker so he should quit whining and prove himself in Boro
Re: Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger by chuckdee4(m): 4:42pm On Jul 03, 2007
Ruddie, Wenger never bidded on Martins even if he did, i'lld have him over Aliadire, Arsenal is a club where young pple with talent come to develop their skills, u can't say Arsenal sold talent, based on teh squad Arsenal have, Aliadire was no were near teh standard so he had to go, he can lash out all he wants as far as i know he was given a fair enough chance and he never utilised it, so he can stop the sour grapes comments
Re: Middlesbrough Signing Aliadiere Hits Out At Arsenal's Wenger by wormedup(m): 12:05pm On Jul 04, 2007
let's see;
roughly 30 appearances in 8 years with majority of them being as sub; i pray u guys get this same ratio of chance in Jesus name !

3 loan spells
would that include the celtic loan too ?
and west ham - 8 games, 7 as subs ?

lmao ! cheesy
if u guys call that "giving chance", glory be to God !
with all the shyt craptista was playing, he managed to glue a jersey to his body !
adebayor, aha ! yeah he improved !

ali has the rights to be angry man ! and now wenger has another bloodhound on his tails tongue
let just hope he won't be wanting to sign ali back next season grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"I Am A Rich Gay" - Cristiano Ronaldo (photos) / Chelsea Fan ‘sold His Car’ To Sit Next To Jose Mourinho (picture) / The Most Popular Fulani Man In The World (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.