Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,588 members, 7,801,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally (8042 Views)

BBC's Report On Postponement Of Nigeria's Election- A Must Read / Bomb Blast Kills 3 In Jalingo / Breaking News: Fresh Bomb Blast Kills 50 In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by Beaf: 5:59pm On Mar 03, 2011
[size=14pt]Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally[/size]
Published on 3 March 2011 - 4:22pm

A blast near the venue of a ruling party election rally killed three people and injured 21 in a town near Nigeria's capital city of Abuja, the national police spokesman said Thursday.

"Three people died on the spot, 21 persons injured. The bomb was thrown by the people in a moving vehicle," Olusola Amore told AFP.

He said the attackers had targeted the Peoples Democratic Party rally taking place at Suleja in Niger State which borders the capital Abuja.

The bomb missed its target but ripped through a roadside vegetable market.

http://www.rnw.nl/africa/bulletin/bomb-blast-kills-three-near-nigeria-election-rally
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by Lagosboy: 6:01pm On Mar 03, 2011
Beaf accusing CPC leaves a bad taste in the mouth, common let us be civil. We all support a party or the other but should be matured enough to stop messing about with news especially when lives are lost.
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by SkyBlue1: 6:02pm On Mar 03, 2011
And why would CPC be the main suspect? This bombing is frightenly turning into dare I say, a culture.
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by Beaf: 6:05pm On Mar 03, 2011
Lagosboy:

Beaf accusing CPC leaves a bad taste in the mouth, common let us be civil. We all support a party or the other but should be matured enough to stop messing about with news especially when lives are lost.

I might be wrong, but who are the natural suspects? cool
Just, yesterday CPC thugs killed 5 in Kaduna, far away from any campaign ground. Yesterday also, Buhari urged his followers to lynch people.
Today, they are engaged in a tussle with PDP in Niger state over campaign dates. . . Then a bomb, who is the natural suspect?
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by SkyBlue1: 6:07pm On Mar 03, 2011
Beaf:

Just, yesterday CPC thugs killed 5 in Kaduna, far away from any campaign ground. Yesterday also, Buhari urged his followers to lynch people.
Today, they are engaged in a tussle with PDP in Niger state over campaign dates. . . Then a bomb, who is the natural suspect?

Three people lost their lives, I can't understand how you can be so flippant. Are you ever non-partisan in your commentary?
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by agabaI23(m): 6:09pm On Mar 03, 2011
Where did Buhari encourage his people to lynch others?

Please Beaf, we had bombing issues even before CPC became an internet phenomenon.

Hold back and respect the dead and the wounded!
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by Pataki: 6:10pm On Mar 03, 2011
Beaf:

You are one heartless piece of a disgusting human being.

Not only has this thread been reported, I also hope you are firmly warned and cautioned against inciting your rancid thinking on this forum.
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by Gbawe: 6:12pm On Mar 03, 2011
Beaf:

Jonathan rushed to exonerate MEND after the Independence day bombing and you now rush to implicate CPC after this bombing . Is a trend materialising ? I.e does Jonathan and his fans have a disposition , because of 'excitable' thinking and a jittery mien,  to rash judgement and utterances ? Is it not prudent to wait for more facts to emerge ? People are dead and as usual , in a shameless display of lack of sensitivity and objectivity, you are presenting their "Murderers" , sentenced in the Court of Beaf , for judgement.
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by blacksta(m): 6:15pm On Mar 03, 2011
when did beaf become a security mai guard - Lol

I have repeatedly warned my family and close associates - If you love your life - please stay away from any PDP rallies - especially the GEJ Ones.

James 3:16

For wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and evil of every kind.
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by solihu(m): 6:16pm On Mar 03, 2011
My people! That's special agent Beaf for you!
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by ayubam: 6:17pm On Mar 03, 2011
@ Beaf, who are the suspects of previous bombings in the Nation? I think you should know this and how far is the investigation of the Abuja bombings?
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by Beaf: 6:20pm On Mar 03, 2011
Pataki:

Not only has this thread been reported, I also hope you are firmly warned and cautioned against inciting your rancid thinking on this forum.

lol.

I've stated my arguments, state yours. Thats why its a public forum, opinion is not a one way street.
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by SkyBlue1: 6:21pm On Mar 03, 2011
blacksta:

when did beaf become a security mai guard - Lol

I have repeatedly warned my family and close associates  - If you love your life  - please stay away from any PDP rallies - especially the GEJ Ones.

James 3:16

For wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and evil of every kind.

I knew you wouldn't be long. You are just as bad as each other. Three people died and you can't keep your childish partisan bickering aside for just one day.
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 03, 2011
I might not rush to blame Buhari's supporters but at the same time when you have things like this been reported during Buhari's campaign rally in kaduna--- you might be forced to conclude that its possible with his bunch of Islamic radicals who share the same view with him of not tolerating divergent views , check out what they did to innocent travellers from the east passing through jos, or when they stoned GEJ's convoy for no apparent reason in Nassarawa.

Hundreds of thousands of supporters of the CPC from the North West Zone had stormed the Murtala Square, venue of the event. However, some of the party supporters mounted road blocks along the Angwan Sarki and the Kawo bridge, forcing people to say “ Sai Buhari “ before they were allowed to pass.

This resulted in serious traffic hold up along the Zaria road leading to the town. Buhari’s posters were also forcefully pasted on private and commercial vehicles. Those who resisted this were either beaten or had their vehicles smashed.

The youths also removed posters and defaced the bill boards of President Goodluck Jonathan and his Vice, Arch. Namadi Sambo as well as that of Governor Patrick Yakowa. Yakowa’s bill board located at a roundabout near the Govern-ment House was defaced while his posters were removed.

The situation was not any better at the Murtala square as a mammoth crowd gave the police and other security agencies a hectic time. The crowd was so rowdy that it was almost dangerous attempting to get to the venue of the event.
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by Pataki: 6:26pm On Mar 03, 2011
Beaf:

lol.

I've stated my arguments, state yours. Thats why its a public forum, opinion is not a one way street.
There is nothing funny with your quote and equally my response to you. Three human lives were lost at your Clueless Jonathan's campaign. . . . . that is more than enough for the mumu president to resign on.

Only a mad man finds this situation worth musing about: which is understandable, as he is totally bereft of any comprehension. You are totally pandering on that pathway. I only hope the money Clueless Jonathan is giving you is enough to restore your sanity at a mental hospital soon enough.
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by Gbawe: 6:29pm On Mar 03, 2011
Pataki:

Have I not said it for a long time that this dude is an 'agbero'? We can all witness how he talks now in a manner that shows he will definately be one of those seen , all over Nigeria , crudely conducting 'jungle Justice' against folks accused , rightly or wrongly , of offenses no one has determined conclusively they committed . If dude has his ways , from how he talks bellicosely and rabidly , all the opposition candidates to Jonathan will be thrown in jail without trial.
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by Beaf: 6:31pm On Mar 03, 2011
agabaI23:

Where did Buhari encourage his people to lynch others?

Please Beaf, we had bombing issues even before CPC became an internet phenomenon.

Hold back and respect the dead and the wounded!

I do apologise for my outburst, but it is as a result of the irresponsibly inciting words thrown around by politicians who should know better and not out of disrespect for the dead and wounded. May the souls of the departed rest in peace and God bring soccour to the bereaved.

These are Buhari's words:

you should lynch anybody that tries to tinker with the votes

http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5506:buhari-nigerias-ex-dictator-launches-election-bid&catid=47:politics&Itemid=65
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by Beaf: 6:36pm On Mar 03, 2011
Pataki:

There is nothing funny with your quote and equally my response to you. Three human lives were lost at your Clueless Jonathan's campaign. . . . . that is more than enough for the mumu president to resign on.

Only a mad man finds this situation worth musing about: which is understandable, as he is totally bereft of any comprehension. You are totally pandering on that pathway. I only hope the money Clueless Jonathan is giving you is enough to restore your sanity at a mental hospital soon enough.

You are one funny clod. When dolts like you reduce political discuss to foolishness, ethnic bigotry and outright incitement, this is the result you get. Lives get lost, because damaged souls take your foolish and reckless words to heart.

I repeat, CPC must be suspected, they are the ones burning, looting, and killing in the North. A dangerous situation must be caged before it gets out of hand. No leader in the rank of Buhari should tell his supporters to lynch people for any reason, especially when the vast majority of his support comes from the ranks of almajiri.

More than enough insane and barbaric things have been said.
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by Lagosboy: 6:37pm On Mar 03, 2011
Beaf:

I do apologise for my outburst, but it is as a result of the irresponsibly inciting words thrown around by politicians who should know better and not out of disrespect for the dead and wounded. May the souls of the departed rest in peace and God bring soccour to the bereaved.

These are Buhari's words:

http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5506:buhari-nigerias-ex-dictator-launches-election-bid&catid=47:politics&Itemid=65

Please modify your topic in the spirit of your apology
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by boyv2(m): 6:40pm On Mar 03, 2011
yes may there soul rest in peace, [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by Beaf: 6:42pm On Mar 03, 2011
Lagosboy:

Please modify your topic in the spirit of your apology

My apology in no way exonerates CPC and their primitive style of politics. They are the prime suspects and their style must be condemned.

Those who threw stones at the Presidential convoy were CPC people; those advising their followers to lynch are CPC; those running amock, terrorising and killing innocent bystanders are CPC. Are we going to war?
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by Pataki: 6:48pm On Mar 03, 2011
Beaf:

You are one funny clod. When dolts like you reduce political discuss to foolishness, ethnic bigotry and outright incitement, this is the result you get. Lives get lost, because damaged souls take your foolish and reckless words to heart.

I repeat, CPC must be suspected, they are the ones burning, looting, and killing in the North. A dangerous situation must be caged before it gets out of hand. No leader in the rank of Buhari should tell his supporters to lynch people for any reason, especially when the vast majority of his support comes from the ranks of almajiri.

More than enough insane and barbaric things have been said.
I don't blame you. You were better off left in those creeks searching for your fishes than this flippant baloney and idiotic disposition of a being you have become on the internet.

In your glorified stupidity, you are quick to spit your phlegm without recourse to have a second thought on issues. Where you to be a child, I would understand. But an adult of your ilk is a disgrace on those who labored to have you educated.

The October 1 2010 bombing, has your mumu Jonathan resolved it?

The army barracks bombing has your mumu Jonathan resolved it?

The Jos crises, has your mumu Jonathan resolved it?

The issue of MEND threatening the peace of the nation, has your mumu Jonathan resolved it?

Or were all these and lots more from CPC?
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by Beaf: 6:53pm On Mar 03, 2011
^
Whatever dude, you guys are reaping what you sown.
If you sound like an id!ot, you'll be treated like one; you sound like a bigot, you'll be treated like one; sound like a terrorist, you'll be treated like one.

Painful, but true. lol
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by ekubear1: 6:53pm On Mar 03, 2011
There is no mention of the cpc anywhere in that article.

Beaf truly is a shameless buffoon.
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by Chyz2: 7:01pm On Mar 03, 2011
Beaf may be on to something.Lets not "throw stones" at him just yet.

[size=13pt]
Police stop CPC’s zonal presidential rally in Niger •It’s not possible - CPC
[/size]

Written by Dipo Laleye Thursday, 03 March 2011

The police in Minna, Niger State, on Wednesday, said they had stopped today’s North-Central zonal presidential rally of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), citing clash in time and day with that of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

But the CPC, in a swift reaction said it was impossible for the police to take such action and as such the event would go ahead as planned.

Niger State Police Commissioner, Michael Zuokumor, who announced the suspension of the rally to be addressed by the CPC presidential candidate and former head of state, General Muhammadu Buhari, said if the CPC rally was allowed to go ahead, “it will cause a conflict between CPC and PDP.”

The PDP, Zuokumor said, had earlier arranged the kick off of its senatorial campaign for Suleja for the same day and at the same route delegates and supporters of the CPC would follow into the state.

He said the CPC had earlier written to the police fixing its rally for Wednesday without naming a venue only for the party to change the date to today, which was after the PDP had been cleared to hold its Suleja senatorial rally.

Zuokumor, who said the zonal rally which would attract supporters from six states Niger, Kwara, Kogi, Plateau, Nasarawa and Benue states, would not be held until after Saturday, provided the CPC gave the police adequate information about the event.

“We want all parties to campaign but not at the same time so that nobody will attack them,” he said.

However, the state chairman of the CPC, Alhaji Umar Shuaibu, said there was no going back on the planned rally, saying the police had shown from the latest development that they were taking side with the PDP.

Shuaibu disputed the claim of the police boss maintaining that, “we gave them our complete programme and time of the rally, if anything ugly happens, the government and the police should be held responsible.”

The CPC boss said even if the time of the party’s rally clashed with that of the PDP, the CPC should take preference since it was a presidential rally, while that of the PDP was senatorial kick-off.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/18365-police-stop-cpcs-zonal-presidential-rally-in-niger-its-not-possible-cpc
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by freegaza(m): 7:03pm On Mar 03, 2011
We are tired of propaganda,where are the moderators?Beaf surely deserves a ban for this
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by ekubear1: 7:05pm On Mar 03, 2011
He deserves to be ridiculed regardless for his dishonesty.

May even turn out that the CPC did it. . . but obviously dishonest to insinuate in the way Beaf did.
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by Beaf: 7:08pm On Mar 03, 2011
eku_bear:

He deserves to be ridiculed regardless for his dishonesty.

May even turn out that the CPC did it. . . but obviously dishonest to insinuate in the way Beaf did.

Dude, does your above statement not seem ridiculous to you? Damn! You got jokes!

If you guy's like, continue with your ugly, ethnically bigoted politics and then express shock and horror when fingers point at you for dastardly crimes. Kids game.
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by 9ijaMan: 7:09pm On Mar 03, 2011
Beaf you are the most meanhearted and irresponsible person I've ever come across in my entire number of years of existence. Three human lives have been lost and the best you can do is to come on an internet forum to rush into unfounded conclusions and even make fun of such an incident.
We may have our differences in who we support and even throw tantrums at one another, there is always a line that should never be crossed and today I'm deeply saddened that a Nigerian in his blind followership for a particular candidate will callously and over-zealously descend this low to make such statements as you've done.

I pray the sould of those who died rest in peace.

By the way, those who may be interested in the CPC rally in Minna today, see the link below:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-615938.0.html#msg7840047
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by 9ijaMan: 7:12pm On Mar 03, 2011
freegaza:

We are tired of propaganda,where are the moderators?Beaf surely deserves a ban for this

I totally agree with you on this one even though I know Beaf's got numerous user names and aliases.
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by Pharoh: 7:14pm On Mar 03, 2011
People are just supporting buhari without using their brains anymore, this northerners are not here for peace or progress.
Re: Bomb blast kills three near Nigeria election rally by dapachez: 7:18pm On Mar 03, 2011
@ Gbawe and Blacksta thanks and well done for your responsible and reasonable comments and response. Bomb blasts are take note predorminant to PDP states from statistics. The opposing political parties are responsible for independence day bomb blast,the emergency landing of helipcopter conveying daniel n bankole,the port harcourt stampede,boko haram crisis,verbal assults,jos mayhem and kidnappings to mention but a few,if we are to tow the line of this thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista / More Pictures From Governor Ugwuanyi's Inauguration / The Shocking History Of Nigeria We Were Never Told

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.