Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

A Little (or Big) Warning For Prospective Etisalat Easycliq Subscribers. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / A Little (or Big) Warning For Prospective Etisalat Easycliq Subscribers. (5618 Views)

2.6Million Internet Subscribers Dump MTN / MTN Ng Offers Its Subscribers Free Calls For The Month Of August: How To Activat / How To Browse The Internet With Little Or No Money Using AIRTEL And MTN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Little (or Big) Warning For Prospective Etisalat Easycliq Subscribers. by proproman(m): 1:32pm On Mar 04, 2011
Not too long ago, etisalat started offering 15mb free data services (internet access) for a week for each N200 recharge for its easycliq subscribers. now of course, you may ask yourself "what's the difference between that and mtn's 10mb for N100 for 24 hrs?". well for one you get one week to exhaust the15mb as against mtn's paltry one day. and its free in the sense that nothing is deducted from your N200 recharge for the 15mb as against mtn shovelling the N100 to give you 10mb. before you start rejoicing and going in search of easycliq sim cards or migrating to easy cliq so you can enjoy awoof, here's a little advance warning.

For one, the 15 mb only works with your phone's native browser and nothing else. Not opera, bolt, ucweb, ebuddy, nimbuzz, ,migg33, nothing! So if you were planning to do a little 2go-ing with awoof 15mb, think again.

Second and most important, it is so frickin slow. So slow, i wanted to weep for the speed. Apparently, etisalat are offering us 15 mb free but don't intend to allow us make use of it. Forget that guy in etisalat's easicliq advert, if he was actually using that "free" 15mb an smiling like that, then hemust have been high on something very strong that ww don't know about. it is mind wrecking slow. But for the fact that i had extreme self control, i might have thrown my phone at the nearest wall and shattered it to pieces. That's how frustrating the speed of etisalat's "free" 15mb is. You may not be so lucky, however, so if you love your phone, money and mental balance, better get an mtn line for your mobile internet needs. Na now i sabi say awoof dey turn bele.
Re: A Little (or Big) Warning For Prospective Etisalat Easycliq Subscribers. by adagz01(m): 1:55pm On Mar 04, 2011
It seems they sent you to spoil etisalat biz,but it wont work

i'm browsing right now with my easycliq etisalat sim on my phone using om5.2 and the weekly 15mb free and is very very fast,
Also it works on any kind of browser uc,om,bolt and even the phone browser so stop typing what u dont know.
Etisalat is simply the best
Re: A Little (or Big) Warning For Prospective Etisalat Easycliq Subscribers. by abrahym(m): 2:29pm On Mar 04, 2011
Etisalat rock, MTN suck bigtime
Re: A Little (or Big) Warning For Prospective Etisalat Easycliq Subscribers. by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:16pm On Mar 04, 2011
@ poster, i really need to speak up here.

1. its not true that the 15 mb works with only phone browser. i use it on my samsung fone and it powers all my apps, bolt, snaptu, ebuddy etc.

2. its also not true that its exceptionally slow. it works normally like when you subscribe to a bundle. i know cos i use both. maybe when network issues happen it slows down, or the area where u reside has bad network.

cannot believe you opened a thread to de-market a business with outright lies

the downside to it is u can only get another 15 mb the following week!!! no matter how much u load grin grin grin grin
Re: A Little (or Big) Warning For Prospective Etisalat Easycliq Subscribers. by proproman(m): 5:55pm On Mar 04, 2011
come on now, i have nothing against etisalat. I'm just sharing my perdonal experience. I bought the line last week and tried recharging it so i could get and use the 15mb. I was asked to first register the line before i could recharge and start browsing. I did that the next day. The day after that, i tried it again and i could check my airtime balance. Immediately, i loaded 200 and got the 15mb. I use a nokia 5230, a touchscreen smartphone. I have lots of apps that require the internet for me to get the best out of them. Of them all, only my web browser worked. Same for a firend of mine using a c5.

As regards the speed, maybe we have different definitions of fast and slow. On my mtn sim, i get 3.5g connectivity (that's up to 3.6mbps of bandwith transfer). Anyone with even a basic knowledge of intrrnet speeds would know its way faster than plain gprs which is what i get on etisalat (i rarely ever get edge). So maybe what i consider as slow is ok with you guys (no insults intended) but i need more than that.

As for thinking i'm trying to anti market etisalat, y'all must be having a good old etisalat laugh. I have nothing to do with any of the networks except being a subscriber on more than one of them. If you can bring up any post of mine in which i bad mouthed etisalat or any of its services (except on this thread), i'll never use a phone again. Can't someone relate his personal experiences without being called another beaf?
Re: A Little (or Big) Warning For Prospective Etisalat Easycliq Subscribers. by symbianDON(m): 11:01am On Mar 05, 2011
the free 15mb from etisalat is truly free and works very well. i use it exclusively with opera mobile and mini on my 5800. it evens works with my map application, internet radio and nimbuzz as well as a load of other sweet apps. it would seem yours is an isolated case that may be network related. why not call customer care?
Re: A Little (or Big) Warning For Prospective Etisalat Easycliq Subscribers. by Emmanuelugo(m): 12:47pm On Mar 05, 2011
etisalat rocks.though it may not b as fast as 3.5g, the edge is still very ok.i'm presently using it & it hasn't fkd up 4 once.
Re: A Little (or Big) Warning For Prospective Etisalat Easycliq Subscribers. by proproman(m): 1:18pm On Mar 05, 2011
@symbianDON, well since your phone is similar to mine, maybe you should help me with setting it up with other applications.

@emmanuel, i don't even get edge. So you see, from 3.5g to plain gprs is a huge drop for me. I'm back to my mtn 100mb a month subscription. However, i still want to see if this 15mb can still work ok and faster so it doesn't go to waste.
Re: A Little (or Big) Warning For Prospective Etisalat Easycliq Subscribers. by slyopez(m): 3:21pm On Mar 05, 2011
@poster, na who know d kind village wey get limited network u dey come dey yarn opata 4 here. Im posting with my 15mb etisalat free data, it rocks with all my apps including opera, bolt, ucweb, nimbuzz, snaptu, 2go, gmap etc. Stop bad-mouthing someone biz its derogatory.
Re: A Little (or Big) Warning For Prospective Etisalat Easycliq Subscribers. by aieromon(m): 4:38pm On Mar 05, 2011
@op
It's advised you do a mini-survey before jumping to conclusion.I make use of the 15MB for push-mail services,shmessenger and opera mini applications on my Samsung C3212.Etisalat is really customer-receptive and i do hope with time,you'll come to appreciate that fact.

Thank you.
Re: A Little (or Big) Warning For Prospective Etisalat Easycliq Subscribers. by aieromon(m): 4:45pm On Mar 05, 2011
proproman:

i don't even get edge. So you see, from 3.5g to plain gprs is a huge drop for me. I'm back to my mtn 100mb a month subscription. However, i still want to see if this 15mb can still work ok and faster so it doesn't go to waste.

Etisalat data network is EDGE connectivity only.I feel the problem you have is reception and location-oriented.
Re: A Little (or Big) Warning For Prospective Etisalat Easycliq Subscribers. by Sadusalam: 12:12pm On Mar 06, 2011
Etisalat is much better than mtn. I have been using it and I'm using right now without prob.
Re: A Little (or Big) Warning For Prospective Etisalat Easycliq Subscribers. by Emmyk(m): 2:05pm On Mar 06, 2011
Ha! Just seeing ts thread now. From Feb 2 till date, I've gotten free 60mb from etisalat-twud have been more if it's nt jst once a week!
@poster, ha! Using fast for etisalat is a litotes (understatement),everything u said said contradicts mine.
1, I use opera 4.2&bolt 2.31 - too fast!
2. Etisalat phone browser is slow,I dont use it.
3. Talking about internet speed, etisalat and airtel takes the lead.
4. Mtn gave my mom unlimited surfing today - it's one hell in terms of speed,saying slow is an understatement for mtn. I KEEP WISHING TWAS ETISALAT
Re: A Little (or Big) Warning For Prospective Etisalat Easycliq Subscribers. by akyus(m): 10:28pm On Mar 06, 2011
@Poster, I don't understand you one bit. Well, you may be right. But as for me, I'm using opera and the speed is fast when compared to mtn. Good news to you from Etisalat. You can now get your 10mb @#100 daily or enjoy your browsing @ 5kobo per kb.
Re: A Little (or Big) Warning For Prospective Etisalat Easycliq Subscribers. by thetelz(m): 9:08am On Mar 07, 2011
As per,this guy. E be like say na MTN,glo,airtel,visafone send you make you dey blow lie for people ehn. I even think say na sensible warning when i first see am. I dey use my 15mb do anything i want,any browser,any app. And for the speed,na bush you dey stay?
Re: A Little (or Big) Warning For Prospective Etisalat Easycliq Subscribers. by Lawalmd(m): 10:02am On Mar 07, 2011
@ poster you need to get your facts right before posting because all your claims Arε̲̣̣̣̥ absolute lies as for the 15mb i get to use it on a̶̲̥̅̊ blackberry for snaptu, opera mini 4.5, 5.2, bolt, im+ and even get to connect my blackberry to my laptop as a̶̲̥̅̊ modem and make use of it and as for the speed for an edge network the service is very OººK, all my friends using blackberry with Mtn in my area(ipaja) most times come to borrow my line(etisalat) when they need to download application on their phone because Mtn does t have 3.5g in my area and their edge is soo slow. Etisalat i'll give it to you any day keep up the good work
Re: A Little (or Big) Warning For Prospective Etisalat Easycliq Subscribers. by amijid23: 11:42am On Mar 07, 2011
guy dem snd u
Re: A Little (or Big) Warning For Prospective Etisalat Easycliq Subscribers. by Valto(m): 4:35pm On Mar 07, 2011
@poster, if dem send u, tell them say e no work. How can u come here and be trying to decieve ppl.just because u stay 4 bush. Pls leave etistalat alone, cos its the best network. It works 4 every application on my phone. 4 one month now i avnt browsed with ur almighty mtn atall, cos its so slow and unstable. Etisalat giving out 15mb worth #150 every week is very comendable. Mtn network sucks bigtime! Even with mtn 3.5g, etisalat edge is still faster.so carry ur bad belle comot here!
Re: A Little (or Big) Warning For Prospective Etisalat Easycliq Subscribers. by adagz01(m): 7:12pm On Mar 07, 2011
ok lets give the guy some break,

he probably must have learnt his lesson
Re: A Little (or Big) Warning For Prospective Etisalat Easycliq Subscribers. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 07, 2011
Etisalat 15mb powers my appz
1. Opera mini 4.2, 5.1, 5.2

2. Ebuddy, Nimbuzz, migg33, shmessenger, whatsapp,

3. Ucweb7.0, 7.5, 7.6 (all java and symbian Editions)

4. My facebook, twitter and Bolt browser applications
Re: A Little (or Big) Warning For Prospective Etisalat Easycliq Subscribers. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 07, 2011
Etisalat 15mb powers my appz
1. Opera mini 4.2, 5.1, 5.2

2. Ebuddy, Nimbuzz, migg33, shmessenger, whatsapp,

3. Ucweb7.0, 7.5, 7.6 (all java and symbian Editions)

4. My facebook, twitter and Bolt browser applications
Re: A Little (or Big) Warning For Prospective Etisalat Easycliq Subscribers. by aieromon(m): 9:02pm On Mar 07, 2011
^Posting via etisalat-powered opera mini 4.2 on my Samsung C3212.
I guess the OP has been convinced beyond reasonable doubt.
Re: A Little (or Big) Warning For Prospective Etisalat Easycliq Subscribers. by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 08, 2011
Yeap. Powered by Etisalat Easynet[. Go hug NEPA transformer
aieromon:

^Posting via etisalat-powered opera mini 4.2 on my Samsung C3212.
I guess the OP has been convinced beyond reasonable doubt.
Re: A Little (or Big) Warning For Prospective Etisalat Easycliq Subscribers. by thetelz(m): 10:41pm On Mar 16, 2011
@aze what are you trying to say?
Re: A Little (or Big) Warning For Prospective Etisalat Easycliq Subscribers. by hustla(m): 10:01am On Mar 24, 2011
d poster is obviously insane and dimwitted, berra leave tht ur bush wey u kal ouse and go beta place!Etisalat rocks,use the 15mb for ma modem and deir BB service, fast even on edge,heard their 3G z coming soon, Jor
Re: A Little (or Big) Warning For Prospective Etisalat Easycliq Subscribers. by Bawss1(m): 11:39am On Mar 24, 2011
Funny, this thread started out as an attack on Etisalat only to reveal that it was the OP who was amiss on several points.
Re: A Little (or Big) Warning For Prospective Etisalat Easycliq Subscribers. by Ganjafama(m): 12:09pm On Mar 24, 2011
Abeg make una sorry for the guy o! I'm sure he must have learnt his lesson the hard way.

1 Like

Re: A Little (or Big) Warning For Prospective Etisalat Easycliq Subscribers. by hustla(m): 1:14pm On Mar 25, 2011
bomb deh ur papa head, u r such a hater,
Re: A Little (or Big) Warning For Prospective Etisalat Easycliq Subscribers. by Engrkandi(m): 10:43pm On Jul 14, 2011
This porter must be very stupid to make such claims about Etisalat free weekly internet offer and obviously lives in a remote jungle. Hates, go hug NEPA transformer!
Re: A Little (or Big) Warning For Prospective Etisalat Easycliq Subscribers. by charlsecy4(m): 10:09am On Dec 08, 2012
proproman: For one, the 15 mb only works with your phone's native browser and nothing else. Not opera, bolt, ucweb, ebuddy, nimbuzz, ,migg33, nothing! So if you were planning to do a little 2go-ing with awoof 15mb, think again.

Second and most important, it is so frickin slow. So slow, i wanted to weep for the speed. Apparently, etisalat are offering us 15 mb free but don't intend to allow us make use of it.

[size=20]All I can say is, each line in your post is a very large lie and clueless misinformation. If one takes the opposite of what you posted, one will get the true stuff[/size].

(1) (Reply)

Dark Mode For Whatsapp / Etisalat 4gb Gift Is Over / Setting Up The In-screen Finger Print On The Camon 12 Pro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.