Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,526 members, 7,801,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Chinua Achebe: The Gods Are Not To Blame - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chinua Achebe: The Gods Are Not To Blame (7371 Views)

The Gods Are Hungry / Secrets Of the gods / Best African Author: Wole Soyinka or Chinua Achebe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinua Achebe: The Gods Are Not To Blame by bamdil(m): 10:10pm On Jun 23, 2007
What do you find most interesting in the book written by a well known writer Chinua Achebe "The gods are not to blame".
Have you even read it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chinua Achebe: The Gods Are Not To Blame by Ndipe(m): 10:44pm On Jun 23, 2007
Even the title of the novel is disrespectful, but Achebe is not the author.
Re: Chinua Achebe: The Gods Are Not To Blame by Olowoaiye(m): 11:06pm On Jun 23, 2007
the gods are not to blame is an adaptation of oedipus rex written by the ancient Greek playwright Sophocles.

It was written by OLU OLA ROTIMI

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe: The Gods Are Not To Blame by SMC(f): 11:26pm On Jun 23, 2007
bamdil:

What do you find most interesting in the book written by a well known writer Chinua Achebe "The gods are not to blame".
Have you even read it?

"The Gods are not to Blame" was written by Ola Rotimi not Chinua Achebe. I read it in secondary school as part of my recommended literature texts.

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe: The Gods Are Not To Blame by MP007(m): 4:05am On Jun 24, 2007
exactly,, dont blame God anything bad ok, God gave us free will , there is nothing like "a mu wa olurun" cos there aint gonna be justification for "Gods JUDGEMENT " if he always know what will happen , u diggg?
Re: Chinua Achebe: The Gods Are Not To Blame by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 24, 2007
MP007:

exactly,, don't blame God anything bad ok, God gave us free will , there is nothing like "a mu wa olurun" because there aint going to be justification for "Gods JUDGEMENT " if he always know what will happen , u diggg?

moved to 'religion' section cheesy

but try and read the book, before you start a session of off-point polemics here on this thread.
Re: Chinua Achebe: The Gods Are Not To Blame by MP007(m): 9:23am On Jun 24, 2007
u dey crazy ziddy , ur name says it all, diddy wanna be
Re: Chinua Achebe: The Gods Are Not To Blame by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 24, 2007
MP007:

u dey crazy ziddy , your name says it all, diddy want to be

your craze pass my own. but i take it you're not a muslim?
Re: Chinua Achebe: The Gods Are Not To Blame by MP007(m): 9:46am On Jun 24, 2007
what as religion got to do with the sh^t ? fukkkkkkkkkkkkkk!
Re: Chinua Achebe: The Gods Are Not To Blame by bamdil(m): 3:56pm On Jun 24, 2007
SMC:

"The Gods are not to Blame" was written by Ola Rotimi not Chinua Achebe.
Thanks SMC for your correction.
U know it don tay I read it
Re: Chinua Achebe: The Gods Are Not To Blame by SMC(f): 6:01pm On Jun 24, 2007
bamdil:

Thanks SMC for your correction.
You know it don tay I read it

Me too! smiley
Re: Chinua Achebe: The Gods Are Not To Blame by uchetobi(f): 9:43am On Jun 26, 2007
mmhh are you taking us down memory lane
Re: Chinua Achebe: The Gods Are Not To Blame by uzygirl(f): 11:16pm On Jul 18, 2007
We had to reproduce the play as part of a GNS course in school.
Twas very interesting, but not easy if you are studying Engineering.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

MARY EHIABHI: How To Make Six Figure Monthly Income With Peace Of Mind (EBOOK) / Pls, I Need To Get Soldiers Of Fortune PDF For Free. / Are There Any Literary Agents In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.