Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1378974 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 31, 2014
Shawbabe: Lol I'm not asking for their contact details. I've already spoken to them though and they have told me all that has to be done. They said since I'm an April 2015 mum I can pay closer to the date. Like in February or March of next year. Will leave in February with my mum so we can do baby shopping together, then we head off to Phoenix like mid March to start prenatals there.

I was just asking if they will be any mums on here at MIHS during that period? Just so I know I won't be the only naija head then lol. grin

Hello ma'am! Congratulations on your baby and visa as well. Would you please help with details on how to pay the hospital bills at MIHS prior to traveling. Considering you were told you could pay in February or March and you are due in April. I'm due December,trtraveling in October. I've spoken with them and gotten financial appointment letter which I intend to travel with, however I prefer to pay the hospital bill in advance. Upon enquiry they kept insisting that I can only make payment after I have gotten into the US and had my financial appointment. Sometimes, I know these things are treated on a case by case basis and also a function of who a person gets to speak with when you call. U would really really appreciate information on how to pay beforehand.
Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 12:51pm On Aug 31, 2014
Adriannajones: Hi guys. Been a silent follower of this thread for a while now. I have gotten so much info it's overwhelming. Thank you everyone. I am now ready for my visa interview in mid September, wish me luck guys. Plus are there any February 2015 mamas around? I'd like to travel to El Paso by end of December and I'll be staying at intown. Would really want to have some company when I get there. Pls get at me.

I am due around February. Also traveling by end of December. Will be nice if we hook up. I am elpaso bound.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 31, 2014
sayoberry:
would be coming in early January. like the first week by Gods Grace

Sayo Sayo! So God has done it? Congrats darling kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Soso15: 2:58pm On Aug 31, 2014
Hello I'm new here. I just became a member a few seconds ago. I am due in march 2015 and I will like go to mihs. I have us visa already. Looking for a partner and an affordable accommodation for 10-12 weeks in a decent area very close to the hospital. I plan to travel in January but I may be going to maryland first, then leave for Phoenix at 34-35weeks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by woaini(f): 4:09pm On Aug 31, 2014
Hello everyone, I am new here but found out I am not new to nairaland . I actually became a member in 2007! I completely forgot and see my profile name sef . Pls how do I even change dat.

Let me go straight to d point. I have read dis thread from page 1 to 109 and find it quite informative, and I have a book where I took down valid points. So now I know where I wanna go, how much to spend, wat to do and so on. But here is the tin (pls be patient) I have so much to ask but I'll try to ask in bits

So I do not have a visa and no travel history, I am married with two lovely angels. I am not even pregnant. We plan to have anoda baby and plan to make it happen btw Oct and Nov, I mean get pregnant (o yes God decides wen but He gave us wisdom to plan ). We want to all get a visa cos we want to go on vac with my kids den ultimately give birth to number 3 in the us. Vac dis year den birthing next.

So pls how do we make dis happen?
Wat advice can u give for us to be successful at the interview? I have not even filled the form. Just being as proactive as phema
The main aim is to birth in d us when d time comes, vacation is to 'clock' in d visa as earlier advised by the gurus on dis forum
Mamas dat got a visa while preggy how many years visa did u get?

Let me stop here for now.
Pls uchetobi, babababy, phema, vivianobas, mrsbee and all d guru (can't remember all d names) come to my aid. I need all d advice I can get. Don't tell me to read the thread cos I have already done dat! I am looking for a more personalized answer for my situation and those in my shoes.
Waiting!!!

Make una answer me small na, abeg
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 5:19pm On Aug 31, 2014
MrsDGN:

Hello ma'am! Congratulations on your baby and visa as well. Would you please help with details on how to pay the hospital bills at MIHS prior to traveling. Considering you were told you could pay in February or March and you are due in April. I'm due December,trtraveling in October. I've spoken with them and gotten financial appointment letter which I intend to travel with, however I prefer to pay the hospital bill in advance. Upon enquiry they kept insisting that I can only make payment after I have gotten into the US and had my financial appointment. Sometimes, I know these things are treated on a case by case basis and also a function of who a person gets to speak with when you call. U would really really appreciate information on how to pay beforehand.
Thank you

I will already be in DC by Feb before heading to Az in March, I think that's why she said that to me. But I'm sure your financial appointment letter is enough for POE. To be honest, there's no need to be scared of these CBP officers! If they ask you anything, look them in the eye and answer them truthfully without fear! That's what I do, I get rights too and if you send me back unlawfully, I will take your name and tell you I am lodging a case against you for abuse of power! grin

U go see the person go change attitude immediately! Lol! So i don't fear them oh. As long as I know my heart is pure and my reason for entering the U.S is genuine! So my dear you will be fine!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 31, 2014
Shawbabe:

I will already be in DC by Feb before heading to Az in March, I think that's why she said that to me. But I'm sure your financial appointment letter is enough for POE. To be honest, there's no need to be scared of these CBP officers! If they ask you anything, look them in the eye and answer them truthfully without fear! That's what I do, I get rights too and if you send me back unlawfully, I will take your name and tell you I am lodging a case against you for abuse of power! grin

U go see the person go change attitude immediately! Lol! So i don't fear them oh. As long as I know my heart is pure and my reason for entering the U.S is genuine! So my dear you will be fine!

Lol @ lodge case. No be small matter. I'm not scared o. They won't turn me back in Jesus name. Got my visa last year, this isn't the first time I'm using it. I'm just trying to be sure I dot all my I's and cross all my T's.

Thanks for your timely response though. I appreciate it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 31, 2014
Shawbabe:

I forgot to ask please. What are your plans for accommodation? Living with someone or renting? If renting please can I have contacts for decently priced and located short term rentals. Say like 3 months.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jeanny: 11:00pm On Aug 31, 2014
Thank you for the responses so far. Please what do I leave with from Nigeria? In terms of document (not clear about d legal docs..
what kind of food?? Supplies??
Baby items? Etc
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 7:32am On Sep 01, 2014
hello i've been a silent follower also. i'll need serious help. to start with i've never traveled outside d country cos of my previous job. i want to have my 2nd baby in the US. my hubby & i r up to it financially. i'm just 3months gone and i want to start the process on time. i've chosen MIHS. yet to call them sha. please ma friends r insisting i should use tourism since ma belle is not showing, den i'll send dem a letter of my intentions later after my visa has been approved .. pls i need ur advise.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 7:58am On Sep 01, 2014
Soso15: Hello I'm new here. I just became a member a few seconds ago. I am due in march 2015 and I will like go to mihs. I have us visa already. Looking for a partner and an affordable accommodation for 10-12 weeks in a decent area very close to the hospital. I plan to travel in January but I may be going to maryland first, then leave for Phoenix at 34-35weeks.

hello soso15 i'm also due march 2015 will be using MIHS by God's grace. yet to get a visa still gathering info. will kip u posted of my progress
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Soso15: 8:20am On Sep 01, 2014
pattyreal:

hello soso15 i'm also due march 2015 will be using MIHS by God's grace. yet to get a visa still gathering info. will kip u posted of my progress

@pattyreal I'm quite excited to find a march 2015 mom here. Please try and get your visa ASAP. As at last week when I checked for someone, there were available visa application dates in September. All the best with your application
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 8:20am On Sep 01, 2014
pattyreal: hello i've been a silent follower also. i'll need serious help. to start with i've never traveled outside d country cos of my previous job. i want to have my 2nd baby in the US. my hubby & i r up to it financially. i'm just 3months gone and i want to start the process on time. i've chosen MIHS. yet to call them sha. please ma friends r insisting i should use tourism since ma belle is not showing, den i'll send dem a letter of my intentions later after my visa has been approved .. pls i need ur advise.

Pls, don't listen to your friends. Are you considering the fact that your visa could be revoked when you send them that letter. It has happened to someone here. You can't tell me you have gone through this thread and still thinking of lieing about your pregnancy. Women on this thread have gone with their huge belle and they were given.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kykes: 8:36am On Sep 01, 2014
Phema:

Only one that comes to mind now is Holy Family Hospital. I think with an all inclusive package of $4800. You should check them out.

God bless you phema
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 8:45am On Sep 01, 2014
pattyreal: hello i've been a silent follower also. i'll need serious help. to start with i've never traveled outside d country cos of my previous job. i want to have my 2nd baby in the US. my hubby & i r up to it financially. i'm just 3months gone and i want to start the process on time. i've chosen MIHS. yet to call them sha. please ma friends r insisting i should use tourism since ma belle is not showing, den i'll send dem a letter of my intentions later after my visa has been approved .. pls i need ur advise.

Don't waste your time doing that, honesty pays.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bomly(f): 8:46am On Sep 01, 2014
Any mom presently in Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - West
4861 W. McDowell Rd.

Looking to leave for Phoenix tomorrow. I got the extended stay but the price was a bit higher after Nov 1st
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 01, 2014
kykes:
God bless you phema

kiss kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 9:23am On Sep 01, 2014
malory84:

Pls, don't listen to your friends. Are you considering the fact that your visa could be revoked when you send them that letter. It has happened to someone here. You can't tell me you have gone through this thread and still thinking of lieing about your pregnancy. Women on this thread have gone with their huge belle and they were given.

thanks malory,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 01, 2014
bomly: Any mom presently in Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - West
4861 W. McDowell Rd.

Looking to leave for Phoenix tomorrow. I got the extended stay but the price was a bit higher after Nov 1st

Hi! Please what's the average price for Crossland? Looking at a 3 month stay.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by aykanbi: 9:36am On Sep 01, 2014

If you are going to the us to have a baby then tell them that at ur visa appointment. You are allowed by right to have a baby in the us as long as you go about it the right way. Trying to cut corners or be sharp is what leads to trouble all the time. I had a virgin visa, Neva travelled before and I stated categorically that my reason for wanting to travel is to go have a baby. As long as ur papers are in order and not contradictory, and you are confident, then u have nothing to worry about
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by aykanbi: 9:38am On Sep 01, 2014

If you are going to the us to have a baby then tell them that at ur visa appointment. You are allowed by right to have a baby in the us as long as you go about it the right way. Trying to cut corners or be sharp is what leads to trouble all the time. I had a virgin visa, Neva travelled before and I stated categorically that my reason for wanting to travel is to go have a baby. As long as ur papers are in order and not contradictory, and you are confident, then u have nothing to worry about
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bestie101: 9:45am On Sep 01, 2014
hi people

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bomly(f): 9:48am On Sep 01, 2014
MrsDGN:

I got it at 20usd for the first 1 month and 27usd for the second month. This does not include taxes
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by woaini(f): 9:50am On Sep 01, 2014
aykanbi:

I asked a similar question, I did not get any response. In my case I am not even pregnant yet, no travel history, we want to get a visa to go on vacation first but d main goal is to give birth sometime next year by God's grace. Any advise on what to do? To increase our chances (me hubby n 2kids)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by aykanbi: 9:51am On Sep 01, 2014
MrsDGN:

Mrsdgn, what time are u leaving for Phoenix. I am leaving for the states mid oct but will be in Phoenix on the 3rd of nov. that's my appointment date with finnancials
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 9:53am On Sep 01, 2014
pls don't try it o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by aykanbi: 10:01am On Sep 01, 2014
woaini:

I asked a similar question, I did not get any response. In my case I am not even pregnant yet, no travel history, we want to get a visa to go on vacation first but d main goal is to give birth sometime next year by God's grace. Any advise on what to do? To increase our chances (me hubby n 2kids)

Why don't you focus on your main goal which is to go have a baby because incredible as it sounds, one of the easiest visas to get is the medical tourism one. I don't have any experience with the vacation thingy. Hope someone else on here can help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 10:17am On Sep 01, 2014
Hello House,

Please does anyone have information on reasonably priced accommodation in Atlanta? I plan to use Gwinnett Medical Centre in Lawrenceville so looking for something not too far from the hospital. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 10:23am On Sep 01, 2014
Phema:

Sayo Sayo! So God has done it? Congrats darling kiss
yes o phema.. carrying twins. grin
phema phema. congrats to you too. how is your little one?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 10:47am On Sep 01, 2014
Phema: please ask.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 01, 2014
sayoberry:
a beg phema... letter of consent as how? "dear embassy, I'm giving my wife permission to travel
and have our baby"?
pay slips as in his salary pay slips abi?
I'm self employed.. ido I give myself leave? grin just asking
then the evidence of pregnancy... like asides my big stomach I still have to prove its not calabash and wrapper I stuffed in my belly...

Letter of consent/sponsorship from hubby stating that he is aware of your intended trip and consents to the fact that you will be using his document for the interview and that he will be responsible for the trip (financially) without recourse to public fund.

Yea, his salary pay slips for 3 months, detailing his basic take home, deductions etal.

You don't need to give yourself leave if you are unemployed. Just have something to prove you've got something (in terms of income) going for you here in Naija.

Evidence of pregnancy could be a scan report/medical report stating how far gone you are and the state of your pregnancy.

Congrats on your twins! kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.