Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,023 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:37 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1374153 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 9:09am On Sep 17, 2014
@neferetitiam, so sorry about all that... Most important thing is that you and the LOs are doing fine!! They will still go to America well well, so relax!! God will keep them and make them shinning examples among their peers!! To think I was waiting for you to go check the hotel you recommended to us out!!
@mamacajah, oya let us go and buy tickets oooo... e don do!! 1st week in October, I am out mhen!!
@omokennyoguns20, oya chop kiss... Was really hoping that will still apply.. Sorry to sound selfish but budget is tight!!!

In all, let's put God in our planning and not overstretch our luck too.. Fly early(though 27 weeks sef is over early)
God will make all things beautiful for us!!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Chuyom: 9:13am On Sep 17, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Please do any one know of affordable hospital in Houston, am due in February. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TeamclicksAir: 9:30am On Sep 17, 2014
mamacajah:
LOL! Yes twizzie, we are doing great, thanks for asking. Yet to book my flight, though I am planning to travel early October.
guess you wanna spend much on fare.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Santa2: 9:39am On Sep 17, 2014
nefertitiram: Dear All,
I wish I could post a POE story, but I developed severe complications on the day I was to leave for US. I am sure my friend @dinawe who we were supposed to travel together must have been confounded by my disappearance at the airport.
I started bleeding a few hours to my flight, and was rushed to a hosp. I had lost so much blood so they had to carry out an emergency surgery to save my life.
My babies were born at 27 weeks and are currently in an incubator. I am in recovery as well.
In all things I can only give thanks to God, things could have been much worse if I had gotten on that flight.
@dinawe, please reach out to me when you arrive phoenix. This is why I didn't show up for our flight, but I and the babies are safe and sound.

Ma'am just thank God for everything. The most important thing is that you are doing fine and the babies are well. I know it might not be as easy as said but be thankful

@ chuyom, there are a number of affordable hospital in Houston, if you take time to read this thread from page one you would find a wealth of information that goes beyond just affordable hospital to tips on POE, processing baby's documentation after birth, accommodation etc.
but to respond to your enquiry: jaymom just posted the she used oakbend medical center and the summation of all her fee is about $5,770, there are other West Houston medical center, Mesthodist hospital and a number of others
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TeamclicksAir: 9:40am On Sep 17, 2014
angel55: Hello Elpaso bound mums. Pls how do I book a flight from nigeria straight to Elpaso
Or do I get to Dallas first before getting a ticket.
Someone please help as I will be leaving sept 30th flights are expensive now and it's increasing in price every second
Too bad when one has to get a visa late no enough time to plan.
Please help
depends on if you have a preffered airline. you can try United Airline. one of the cheapest now and the flight time is good for you. just one layover of 3hrs. wouldnt know your budget. give them a shot. Qatar is cheaper but i wont recommend if you are due to deliver soonest.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by toitoi: 9:47am On Sep 17, 2014
sayoberry:

shocked shocked

oh my God!!! I Dint check their locations o... I just sent mails to two of them yesterday. *covers face* @toitoi u will pay fine! sad

@SAYO I'm very sorry for that. I removed the link yesterday not to confuse other mama's.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dinawe: 10:47am On Sep 17, 2014
My dear, i really dont know where to start. First of all we give God all the praise for He knows it all.

My BB crashed a day to the trip, i lost ur pin and phone number. sent u an email but didnt get a reply. Had to arrive airport early and was looking at every human called pregnant but couldnt see you. I got the news few minutes to take off and i was devastated.

was thinking about those lovely twins, our new york parols, fun we could have had at phoenix . . . . my dear it wasnt easy. but in all, we give God praise.

have arrived phoenix, evrytin went well, slept all thru at new york.

pls send ur bb pin and phone number to my email, cant wait to talk with u.

cheers

I wish I could post a POE story, but I developed severe complications on the day I was to leave for US. I am sure my friend @dinawe who we were supposed to travel together must have been confounded by my disappearance at the airport.
I started bleeding a few hours to my flight, and was rushed to a hosp. I had lost so much blood so they had to carry out an emergency surgery to save my life.
My babies were born at 27 weeks and are currently in an incubator. I am in recovery as well.
In all things I can only give thanks to God, things could have been much worse if I had gotten on that flight.
@dinawe, please reach out to me when you arrive phoenix. This is why I didn't show up for our flight, but I and the babies are safe and sound.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 10:48am On Sep 17, 2014

Pele Nef. I pray you and the babies a swift recovery.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 11:16am On Sep 17, 2014
TeamclicksAir: guess you wanna spend much on fare.
Not exactly, been waiting for the summer sales to drop which i was told would happen this september.. but the prices are still high at over 350k. do you have cheaper options good for preggies?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tumzee: 11:20am On Sep 17, 2014
@neff.....Thank God you and the babies are okay . The devil has lost the battle . I pray you recover so fast IJN.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 11:20am On Sep 17, 2014
twizzie: @neferetitiam, so sorry about all that... Most important thing is that you and the LOs are doing fine!! They will still go to America well well, so relax!! God will keep them and make them shinning examples among their peers!! To think I was waiting for you to go check the hotel you recommended to us out!!
@mamacajah, oya let us go and buy tickets oooo... e don do!! 1st week in October, I am out mhen!!
@omokennyoguns20, oya chop kiss... Was really hoping that will still apply.. Sorry to sound selfish but budget is tight!!!

In all, let's put God in our planning and not overstretch our luck too.. Fly early(though 27 weeks sef is over early)
God will make all things beautiful for us!!
yes oh, infact Work don dey tire me sef... i need to be in augusta before 10th october, so looking for and praying for miracle on flight prices before weekend. all flights to augusta are so high and trying to break the journey amounts to more hours at the airport and little difference in total cost. with these new stories on delta airlines, i am looking at klm or ba but the layovers are just too long...it is well. GOD will help us through it all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 11:32am On Sep 17, 2014
mamacajah:
Not exactly, been waiting for the summer sales to drop which i was told would happen this september.. but the prices are still high at over 350k. do you have cheaper options good for preggies?

Mama,you can track these things yourself without using agents.

1. Check www.priceline.com on a daily basis. The site will quote prices from all the airlines flying your route. For example phoenix flights on BA dropped by $10 within the past 2 weeks,i have been checking daily.

2. You can subscribe to www.cheaponair.com alerts. They will alert you via email when prices drop on your selected route.

Few research have shown that the best time to book international flights is between 54 to 60 days before the flight. That's when airlines revalue their seats,after studying previous years volume and averages. But this rule is not cast in stone, for example holiday periods are often an exception.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tumzee: 11:43am On Sep 17, 2014
@mamacajah....how u dey and hope the twins are kicking? I bought my United airline ticket way back in April at 390k .u can imagine and United airline like someone just posted is still in that range...So am just thinking if they are gonna reduce their prices after summer rush,the difference mught not really be that much,so I would love to advice anyone travelling very soon to buy tickets on time.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ajoke01: 11:52am On Sep 17, 2014
@neferetitiam, congratulations! may God keep and bless the babies. It is well with u.

Please let us ensure we discuss our travel plans with our doctors so they can carry out necessary tests and advice accordingly. Especially if u had some medical history or na torch light u take find the belle.
Had plans to leave 1st week in october but I have moved my trip to two weeks earlier.

I booked Delta airline for 321555 early last week.

May God help us.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 11:55am On Sep 17, 2014
Lucky You. I booked Delta for 398k to El Paso this week. cry

Make una go buy ya tickets o. The thing just dey cost like gold sad

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 12:07pm On Sep 17, 2014
@merrymom, lol.. you wan finish me with laughter!
@ twizzie, thanks, will check them out.
@tumzee, thanks for that info. well i will just have to pay the best price as it is now... onward augusta, here we come!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by BVNO: 12:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
@kaffy and Gbemileke : I'm very sorry for the late response. I actually responded to your post but did not know that it never delivered. Pls we can all reconnect again. Although I'm yet to get my visa.

@Nefertitiram: I thank God Almighty for your life and the life of your baby. You will come out victorious....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by betty1983(f): 12:38pm On Sep 17, 2014

Dear nefertitram,
I'm sorry about your complications but at the same time we give God the glory. Thank God that you and your babies are safe and fine.
About this time last year, hubby and I lost our twins to preterm labour at 20+weeks. It was a very horrible experience. Fast forward to present day; I'm preggy again and we intend to use doctores para ti, and we have our visa interview by the end of this month. We are trusting God for a smooth sail this time around as well as his unending favours. Please just an advice, I recommend this book 'Supernatural Childbirth' by Jackie Mize to all pregnant couples. It was given to me as a gift and I tell you, my life hasn't remained the same since I read and digested it. It reminds us of God's promises to us as children of God and takes away all unnecessary fears and doubts especially for those of us with past experiences. I really implore all to get a copy. May the good Lord continue to see us through our journey and may our testimonies and joy be complete in Jesus name. Amen

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ajoke01: 12:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
MerryMom: Lucky You. I booked Delta for 398k to El Paso this week. cry

Make una go buy ya tickets o. The thing just dey cost like gold sad

Merrymom, I am going to Atlanta so I guess that is the reason my ticket is cheaper than urs.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 12:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 12:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
Banner maternity package isnt smiling. 24hr stay+epidural is $4, 012. Uncomplicated CS is $7k+ and these are just hospital fees. No physician and other provider fees added.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jyde2014: 1:02pm On Sep 17, 2014
@nefertitiram, May God strengthen you and give your babies sound health. Your whole family will live to give testimonies about the greatness of God.
Be strong.
Take care and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by damsel020: 1:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
Thanks dear.

jaysmom:

@damsel020, now I can't remember how many tests I did but I did most of them in Nigeria. I did for infection screening and the blood sugar....... I bought my baby's ticket for $750 at the airport and I think her baggage allowance was 20 pounds while the car seat was carried free of charge. I
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TeamclicksAir: 1:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
mamacajah:
delta and British air is okay to your budget... where in America are you going.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dsaynt: 2:07pm On Sep 17, 2014
oawele:

lol Singapore..... all join! .....lol

Anyways, these are some of the hospital i checked before i decided on MIHS for very obvious reasons.

Best way to research. Pick the are where you have family or where is preferrable to and then...GOOGLE! All these hospitals have websights and you can at least see the visuals and have an idea of price. Then you can now call them or email for better insights

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dsaynt: 2:19pm On Sep 17, 2014

To God be the glory. Thank God for your life and the babies. It was God's doing that it didn't happen when you were on the flight. That would have been a real complication. Do take care and relax. God is in charge!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by omodaddy7: 2:53pm On Sep 17, 2014
@omodaddy, I'm also headed to elpaso in Oct. but sorry I have no info on any creches or daycare centres, wish I could help. Better still, maybe you could send @fabulousmom a pm, she's one of the moms who used Elpaso previously(sometime last year i think) and if I rmbr correctly, she used a daycare service while there so she might be able to help you.

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by omodaddy7: 2:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
damsell: hey everyone. @MadameU, @Tvegas has just about said it all. For my mum's interview, we gave her a letter of intent/consent stating financial responsibility for her trip, copies of our own DS-160 confirmation form(because we had not yet collected our visas), her own confirmation form and passport and visa receipt and appointment schedule(of course), her national ID card and voter's registration card, her own properties documents and of course hubby's statement of accounts(as the sponsor). Plus 2 days of adequate coaching on the questions to expect and the answers to give in line with what was filled on her DS-160 form. All in all, not one of the documents was she asked for at her interview(apart from the passport and confirmation form of course), she didnt even have course to open the envelope to bring out any documents. They basically just asked her a few questions and issued her the visa. All the best with your mum-inlaw.

@omodaddy, I'm also headed to elpaso in Oct. but sorry I have no info on any creches or daycare centres, wish I could help. Better still, maybe you could send @fabulousmom a pm, she's one of the moms who used Elpaso previously(sometime last year i think) and if I rmbr correctly, she used a daycare service while there so she might be able to help you.

@funkiepop all the best as you reapply. The only suggestion I might be able to give is that you and hubby should try and include as many details as you can when filling the DS 160 forms. Though, the form doesnt really give room for too much details, try to include all that you do in the column for Job/work description, not just your formal place of employment job duties.This is because they need to establish first that you have 'strong ties' to Nigeria in evaluating your application. Are you or your hubby a member/founder/executive of any NGO/SBO/Charity organisation/community project, pls include it. Do you run any side business(es) no matter how small, pls include it. do you have land, property even if not yet fully finished or paid for? Pls include it. Are you enrolled in any career/personal development training or course, include it.Anything that suggests that you have concerns/interests here in Nigeria.(Also be ready to present documents to the effect of these claims as 'burden of proof') Plus of course, a good enough bank statement to show financial competence. Most importantly, may the favour of God rest upon you as you reapply.

@angel55 Im also in the same boat as you, these airfares are not smiling this period. Yet to conclude on my flight arrangements too. Planning to go through Dallas as POE and then connect to Elpaso but Im trying to get the whole routine sorted out from here so I dont have to start booking an over the counter ticket to Elpaso at Dallas. All the best with your planning and wishing you a safe delivery as well.

Congrats to all the newly delivered moms on the thread, God bless you and your little ones.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Santa2: 4:44pm On Sep 17, 2014
We applied for both my mum and mother-in-law and they both got their visas. One had her interview in abuja the other in lagos. We gave them copies of our visa pages, letter of sponsor and bank statements. They didn't ask them much questions or ask for any documents.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Aboaya: 5:05pm On Sep 17, 2014
Hello all. I've been a silent follower of this thread which I was introduced to recently. It's been quite helpful reading the posts here. kudos guys and keep up the good work! I'm presently in the U.S and will be in Phoenix by October. Hope to use MIHS. Does any mihs momma intend to stay in Zazu panee?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Aboaya: 5:09pm On Sep 17, 2014
Pleeeaase does anyone know of affordable hospitals or doctors in Rhode Island?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bims87(f): 5:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
damsel020: Congrat dear. pls just some few questions. Am currently in houston and using doctor fagbohun, but i was given a bill of $550 for test of which i have just 4 test to do am confused? pls how many test did you do for $220? and as for delta, i had a horrible experience with them coming here so am prepared for the worst on my return leg, God help me. But how much did you get ur baby ticket and what is the baby baggage allowance?

@Damsel020 and @ Jaysmom,can u pls expatiate on the bad experience with Delta airline? M planning to book my flight with them. Would u advise me not to? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.