Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1379148 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 10:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
olamuah: Vo:gud day
Huby:guday (kids and I greeted)
Vo:why re u travelling?
Huby; going for vacation, since d kids will soon be on holiday
Vo; do u have a frnd. Or family there?
Huby:yea,a family frnd he sent us d invitation
Vo:reads d invite letter), where doe he stay and occupation
Huby:he stay in maryland, and into trucking company (he sells truck) so he told my huby.lol
Vo:what do u do?
Huby:I own an event centre, and a bar.
Vo:explain pls
Huby:it's a place pipo could pay to have their weddings, parties etc, and also a bar for hang out
Vo:hw many workers
Huby:more than 15
Hw much do u pay ur self?
Huby:he told her
Vo: ok, (facing me)re u working?
Wify:no, house wife
Vo:re u preg?
Wifey:no
Vo:any intention of having ur baby there in future
Wifey:no for nw
vo:ok (packed our doc) u re not qualify to travel nw, (gave us white paper) u can try again anytime u wish.thnk u
Dat was it. cry

Huhn! But wait, was wifey pregnant?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mrsfad2014: 10:14pm On Sep 19, 2014
@ Flower & Folusho, how do we hook up. My e mail address is Lola.fadahunsi@yahoo.co.uk. Hope to hear from you soon. @justwise, abeg no vex
Flowers: @ Anyone going to Oakbend in December and wants us to share accommodation. I saw one online for $3700 from 2nd week in December to end of January. 3 bedrooms fully furnished luxury apartment with 2 bathrooms, dish washer and washing machine, swimming pool. In Houston Galleria, Richmond. @ Justwise: Am not a marketer or agent please. Am a preggo mama.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ifax(f): 10:16pm On Sep 19, 2014
Lol. Cedars Sinai is a top notch celebrity hospital..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 10:18pm On Sep 19, 2014
ogbenyalu: @nefe nefe . you inspire me becos u sure are one strong woman . may God comfort you and especially your hubby cos I know men grieve more than we women even though they don't show it . may you never see loss in your family again.

Amen, you are correct. Hubby is all I have now after God, and I can't imagine his confusion when I passed out.

I saw that white light people talk about. It is real! But then it turned to coloured boxes.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 10:20pm On Sep 19, 2014
seemorejoy: This is what i got when i Cedars Sinai Medical Center people pls help me o.

Hahaha! Wetin carry you go Cedars Sinai for LA? Even the address says Beverly Boulevard grin You don't know they're very expensive? Most of their surgeons are cosmetics surgeons so they make a lotta money there! Sides LA is expensive as a city on its own lol.

Pele oh! 21K to have a baby na beans for u na! grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by olamuah: 10:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
[quote author=nefertitiram]

Huhn! But wait, was wifey pregnant?[/quote
@nefertitiram yeap wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 10:35pm On Sep 19, 2014
seemorejoy: This is what i got when i Cedars Sinai Medical Center people pls help me o.

Thanks for contacting Cedars Sinai Medical Center. First, I’m sorry to hear about your wife’s first baby. Congratulations for your wife’s pregnancy; Yes, your wife can deliver the baby here at Cedars Sinai and I’ll be so glad to assist you during your trip to our medical center if you decide to proceed.

Normally the physicians would like her to arrive 2 months before the expected delivery date. At that time you would bring all the records from her physician. Please be sure they are translated to English.

The estimated cash pkg. is $21,310.00 in USD for a vaginal delivery and hospital stay. A cesarean section if needed is $29,600.00 in USD. The Obstetrician’s fee is usually around $5000.00 and the pediatrician’s fees usually $650.00. Please keep in mind these are ESTIMATES.

If you need assistance with obtaining a doctor, we will be happy to assist you with that. Please specify, male/female.. Please let me know how you want to proceed?

Please fill out the attached form and send it back to me. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks.

Center for International Health

Phone: +310-423-7890

Office: +310-423-8147

Fax: +310-423-0166

Description: Description: Description: cid:image001.png@01CC6639.DBE8D520

8700 Beverly Blvd., suite #245 East

Los Angeles, CA 90048

Cedar Sinai ke? Chineke! Christina Aguilera gave birth there this month. I think Kim K gave birth there too, I also think that was where Madonna gave birth, who else sef? Kerry Washington etc.

Uncle abeg, I know Nairaland is an anonymous forum, I can bet that you are Don Jazzy or a superstar too. Abeg, consider El Paso and send the balance $10k to move my ministry forward. 21 thousand gini Will the birth certificate be gold crested? grin

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 10:37pm On Sep 19, 2014
[quote author=olamuah][/quote]

No naaa, you should have declared that she was pregnant naaa! She should go and reapply o, abeg, this 9ja no be am!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 10:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
grin grin grin grin @ gold crested birth certificate...
nefertitiram:

Cedar Sinai ke? Chineke! Christina Aguilera gave birth there this month. I think Kim K gave birth there too, I also think that was where Madonna gave birth, who else sef? Kerry Washington etc.

Uncle abeg, I know Nairaland is an anonymous forum, I can bet that you are Don Jazzy or a superstar too. Abeg, consider El Paso and send the balance $10k to move my ministry forward. 21 thousand gini Will the birth certificate be gold crested? grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nathiyke(m): 10:51pm On Sep 19, 2014
Pls who can help with the approximate cost of delivery at Oakbend MEdical Centre. Was scheduled for Maricopa but the price has been reviewed upward! sad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by cfcchick: 10:53pm On Sep 19, 2014
[quote author=Shawbabe]

Your health and baby's health comes FIRST!!! Anybody that tells you to push it to 35 or 36 weeks won't be there to make you comfortable during the long flights and layovers! So even if it is work, beg them that you have to leave early!! The ultimate is God's protection! But we have to do our part and keep it to 34 weeks

My 1st baby I travelled at 36 weeks and i was verrrrrry fine. Travelling late or early is a personal decision and if ur health can take it.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by afosahid: 11:00pm On Sep 19, 2014
afosahid:
@sisiolu I sent you an email requesting for the details of the obs/gyn u used in Chicago but I did not get a response from you. Kindly provide these details as it will be helpful for myself and my wife.
thanks in advance.
@all. I have asked severally for details of obs/gyn in Chicago but no one is this thread has been able to help with that information. I am requesting specifically for OBS/GYN in Chicago because this is where we have relatives and my Wife can stay there while she is in the US.

Invitation letter will also be provided by relatives in Chicago.
However, I have made contacts with doctorespirati.com El Paso TX and Dr Fagbohun in Houston TX and they have both agreed to take my wife on when she gets to the US.
If asked I Intend to declare that purpose of travel is for both tourism and child birth. My wife will birth our Child in the US and also visit relatives.
That brings me to my main question: If we take these details of correspondence & appointment with a doctor in Houston to the Embassy and the Visa is granted and then choose to proceed to Chicago to birth the baby, will this be a problem at the POE in Chicago? Or we should jejely make Houston our POE and then take a local flight to Chicago.

Dear experts kindly share your opinion on this. I am yet to fill out the visa application and i want to be careful not to make any costly mistake.
My wife is currently in her 17th week and time is running out.

Thanks in anticipation of your responses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 11:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
Didn't you see where I wrote God's protection is the ultimate? My point is why travel at 36 weeks when you can travel at 34? Coz of saving penny penny cost? Anyway at the end of the day, to each their own. 39 weeks sef is fine grin

[quote author=cfcchick][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 11:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
nefertitiram:

Hahahaaa! cheesy Make we take am easy in this our hospital search make we no go carry gbese we no fit pay finish!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 1:05am On Sep 20, 2014
afosahid:
@all. I have asked severally for details of obs/gyn in Chicago but no one is this thread has been able to help with that information. I am requesting specifically for OBS/GYN in Chicago because this is where we have relatives and my Wife can stay there while she is in the US.

However, I have made contacts with doctorespirati.com El Paso TX and Dr Fagbohun in Houston TX and they have both agreed to take my wife on when she gets to the US.
If asked I Intend to declare that purpose of travel is for both tourism and child birth. My wife will birth our Child in the US and also visit relatives.
That brings me to my main question: If we take these details of correspondence & appointment with a doctor in Houston to the Embassy and the Visa is granted and then choose to proceed to Chicago to birth the baby, will this be a problem at the POE in Chicago? Or we should jejely make Houston our POE and then take a local flight to Chicago.

Dear experts kindly share your opinion on this. I am yet to fill out the visa application and i want to be careful not to make any costly mistake.

The don't care how you arrive the US or where you land! That is not their business at ANY Point of Entry in the US. You can land in Alaska if you wish. All they care about at the POE is that you can afford to pay your medical bills! Nobody is going to turn your wife back because she landed in Chicago not Houston! It's not their business how you route your ticket! You are allowed to route it anyway it pleases you.

So stop all this panicking, your wife is 17 weeks...you guys should go ahead and apply and attend your interview. The invitation letter by your relatives won't matter except na them they fund the childbirth! So remove the focus on visiting relatives, becoz no one expects a pregnant woman to be traveling up and down visiting people. So they would see it as a lie. Just tell them she's to go give birth in Houston, you got a Doctor and worked out the cost. Tell them that you have relatives in Chicago that won't mind coming to be with her in Tx when she has the baby! Then you provide the details of your relatives.
If they ask why didn't you choose Chicago since you have family there, tell them it's preference of Doctor and cost. As you have first hand testimonials of the following Drs you have selected. And it just happens they operate in Texas not Chicago.

God willing, you guys get your visa and decide to use Chicago, nobody will turn you away at the POE for changing your mind. You ar ehuman, you are allowed to change your mind oh lol. Just as long you have done your research for Chicago and have handy a Chicago Ob/Gyn letter and proof of cost to show them.

The VO will know you have done your research well. So relax bros grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 2:07am On Sep 20, 2014
You're the one that went looking nah! Anyone could've told you that Cedars Sinai is a celebrity hospital hence the amount they've quoted you. grin

Thanks for contacting Cedars Sinai Medical Center. First, I’m sorry to hear about your wife’s first baby. Congratulations for your wife’s pregnancy; Yes, your wife can deliver the baby here at Cedars Sinai and I’ll be so glad to assist you during your trip to our medical center if you decide to proceed.

Normally the physicians would like her to arrive 2 months before the expected delivery date. At that time you would bring all the records from her physician. Please be sure they are translated to English.

The estimated cash pkg. is $21,310.00 in USD for a vaginal delivery and hospital stay. A cesarean section if needed is $29,600.00 in USD. The Obstetrician’s fee is usually around $5000.00 and the pediatrician’s fees usually $650.00. Please keep in mind these are ESTIMATES.

If you need assistance with obtaining a doctor, we will be happy to assist you with that. Please specify, male/female.. Please let me know how you want to proceed?

Please fill out the attached form and send it back to me. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks.

Labeeb Ghubn, MBBS, MS

Medical Advisor, Middle East Affairs

Center for International Health

Phone: +310-423-7890

Office: +310-423-8147

Fax: +310-423-0166

Description: Description: Description: cid:image001.png@01CC6639.DBE8D520

8700 Beverly Blvd., suite #245 East

Los Angeles, CA 90048

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 4:54am On Sep 20, 2014
nathiyke: Pls who can help with the approximate cost of delivery at Oakbend MEdical Centre. Was scheduled for Maricopa but the price has been reviewed upward! sad

@Nath read through the thread you will find the answers u seek.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nita2013: 4:57am On Sep 20, 2014
Hi Funsho, I travelled at 34weeks + 4 dayz. With Emirates u can fly up to 36weeks with ur fit to fly but pls make like 5 photocopies of d fit to fly and do not submit d original cos in dubai they would need to site d original.

Cheers

uote author=folusho2001][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by folusho2001: 5:00am On Sep 20, 2014
Nita2013: Hi Funsho, I travelled at 34weeks + 4 dayz. With Emirates u can fly up to 36weeks with ur fit to fly but pls make like 5 photocopies of d fit to fly and do not submit d original cos in dubai they would need to site d original.
Cheers
uote author=folusho2001]
[quote author=Mrsfad2014][/quote]

thanks so much my sis
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 5:06am On Sep 20, 2014
[quote author=afosahid]

If you want all of Your evidence to align nicely which I would personally advice,go online and research oby gyn practioners in d area u would be staying call them up book an appointment and request aa quote. Use d healthgrades website,search n book appointments with Zocdoc.com follow up d best option with requests for quotes! Good luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 6:27am On Sep 20, 2014
[quote author=cfcchick][/quote]

People are different, I planned to travel at 27 weeks and didn't make it to the airport.
Just be in tune with your body, it won't lie to you

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ashleybaker: 7:18am On Sep 20, 2014
[quote author=Nita2013]Hi Funsho, I travelled at 34weeks + 4 dayz. With Emirates u can fly up to 36weeks with ur fit to fly but pls make like 5 photocopies of d fit to fly and do not submit d original cos in dubai they would need to site d original.
Cheers

Hi Nita2013,

How did you cope with the long hours from Dubai to US? I will be flying Emirates at 35 weeks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 7:25am On Sep 20, 2014
Hi Nita...kindly share ur experience on Emirates.. I moght be flying with them as I have to get to NJ for Few days b4 heading to phoenix.. I want to know how one goes about d hotel choice thingy.. I intend to rest well well and continue my isrealite journey since its 27hrs stated on their site. Orher carriers have shorter stop overs but one will have to be at the airport all thru, I might as well go with the one that will make me fresh and comfy for d last lap of my journey.
Thanks!

Nita2013: Hi Funsho, I travelled at 34weeks + 4 dayz. With Emirates u can fly up to 36weeks with ur fit to fly but pls make like 5 photocopies of d fit to fly and do not submit d original cos in dubai they would need to site d original.

Cheers

uote author=folusho2001]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by folusho2001: 7:50am On Sep 20, 2014
[quote author=Shawbabe]

The don't care how you arrive the US or where you land! That is not their business at ANY Point of Entry in the US. You can land in Alaska if you wish. All they care about at the POE is that you can afford to pay your medical bills! Nobody is going to turn your wife back because she landed in Chicago not Houston! It's not their business how you route your ticket! You are allowed to route it anyway ...

dts d issue wt us too. we hd letter frm a friend in chicago bt we gave dem drs correspondence in Houston.lol. d VO asked bt hubby jst said we ll head to chicago first then go over to Houston for delivery. Also mak sure u ve booked for accomodation in houston.

My issue is dt I ll lik to travel directly to houston bt hubby is insisting we travel first to chicago spend 3days then travl to houston cs he doesnt want POE wahala. bt to me I jst dnt want all ds travel up nd down jare
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Pamperme: 7:54am On Sep 20, 2014
nefertitiram: Hi All,
I lost my babies, poor handling in ICU here in Nigeria, even at 7 months. Another reason why everybody needs to have their baby in the US! I pray no one experiences this kind of loss in Jesus Name,
I have managed to move on. Time to go back to the drawing board, sad loss after trying for a number of years.
I cannot question God.

Am so sorry for your lost dearie. The Lord knows best and He will heal your hurting heart. Take care.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by cfcchick: 8:04am On Sep 20, 2014
nefertitiram:

People are different, I planned to travel at 27 weeks and didn't make it to the airport.
Just be in tune with your body, it won't lie to you

Thank you...God bless u darl!!!my point exactly. ..If my body says go at 20 weeks sure I won't wait till 30 weeks! And whoever wants to go at 34/35/36 my judgement should not make them guilty about their decision.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by seyib: 8:55am On Sep 20, 2014
afosahid:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by seyib: 9:01am On Sep 20, 2014
Hi, just logged in! Nice forum all,

Used an hospital in Chicago, good experience, all inclusive bills. Pls just wise can we put d name of d doctor for peeps who nid Chicago hospital?

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 10:12am On Sep 20, 2014
cfcchick:

Thank you...God bless u darl!!!my point exactly. ..If my body says go at 20 weeks sure I won't wait till 30 weeks! And whoever wants to go at 34/35/36 my judgement should not make them guilty about their decision.
Yer, my doc told me around 20 weeks to leave asap if I had to travel because my placenta was low lying.
Na oversabi I take use wait till 27 weeks, although some circumstances were beyond my control but I could have left if I took it more seriously
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by cfcchick: 10:22am On Sep 20, 2014
nefertitiram:
Yer, my doc told me around 20 weeks to leave asap if I had to travel because my placenta was low lying.
Na oversabi I take use wait till 27 weeks, although some circumstances were beyond my control but I could have left if I took it more seriously

Sweety, pls don't blame ursef!!!! Just believe and trust God in due time u will conceive again.last year I had a blighted ovum, I had to evacuate! It was a difficult period for me but now I'm expecting another baby! Imagine if I had that baby and it turn out to be one with autism or down syndrome! !!! Knowin the kind of person I am..I don't have that much strength! !!! In all let's just give thanks and trust God!!! The gud Lord will smile on u soon. *kisses*

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 11:37am On Sep 20, 2014
[quote author=seyib]Hi, just logged in! Nice forum all,

Used an hospital in Chicago, good experience, all inclusive bills. Pls just wise can we put d name of d doctor for peeps who nid Chicago hospital?

Thanks

Kindly go ahead and post ur experience ,hospital name et al. it would be useful info for someone. There's a bruva who's been looking for a hospital and doctors contact in chicago.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by afosahid: 12:18pm On Sep 20, 2014
seyib: Hi, just logged in! Nice forum all,

Thanks

thanks @seyib i received a notification that you were trying to send me a message but i couldnt receive it because we are not connected on nairaland. You could send it to my email address afosahid@gmail.com if you dont want to put it here but i dont think there is any problem putting the details here for other people that might need the same information.

thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.