Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1378242 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 2:18pm On Sep 21, 2014
MerryMom: @sessibasi, I love stories like yours. Happy it ended all well. You sound like a very strong lady tho. From Baltimore to Tucson to Arizona to Washington DC to UK. Me, I'm finding anointing for that strength o. I tap into your anointing! Congratulations grin

Tucson is in Arizona lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zeezahbee(f): 2:36pm On Sep 21, 2014
My sister in law is coming to have her baby in houston, has anyone used doctor fagbohun and how much is the full package excluding accommodation?
Anyone with sample of a BUDGET spreadsheet, I need it urgently.thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 3:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
@Shawbabe, of course I know. I was just excited about the way she was up and up during her trip despite being preggys and wanted to make a joke about it. Abi you think say I never comot my village? Tah!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 4:57pm On Sep 21, 2014
@sessibasi Congrats and thanks for sharing your experience, very enlightening. Please if I understood correctly, you flew out of the US when your son was about 3weeks old? Trying to plan the return leg of my journey based on my EDD.

sessibasi: Hi all. I finally registered back after d wipeout. Am back in lagos with my handsome baby boy..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 5:00pm On Sep 21, 2014
MerryMom: @Shawbabe, of course I know. I was just excited about the way she was up and up during her trip despite being preggys and wanted to make a joke about it. Abi you think say I never comot my village? Tah!

Na so grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 5:12pm On Sep 21, 2014
so guys I just read reviews on Dr Fagbohun as i'm considering him or Dr. Le of sugarland. and The reviews on Fagbohun is not nice undecided

Anyone that used him, is this true pls? Or na oyibo people dey write the reviews wey I just read on Healthgrades?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ajoke01: 5:58pm On Sep 21, 2014
@nefertitiram, so sorry about your loss. May God give you double for your troubles. It is well with you. You are a very strong woman!

@all, To God be all glory, I am in Atalanta, arrived yesterday. I flew Delta on Friday. Here is a summary of my exprience.

A. Customs @ Nigeria Airport.

Me: Good evening
Customs officer: Good evening. Where are you going?

Me: Atlanta

CO: What is the purpose of visit
Me: ( I didn't think i will be asked any questions) blotted visiting

CO: Do you have your invitation letter

Me: No, I used it to get my Visa, don't have it here. but I have my fit to fly

CO: Let me see it

Me: hands over fit to fly letter

CO: You should always have your invitation letter, so ure not delayed blablabla....

The experience on the flight was awesome. Plenry to eat and drink

We arrived 25mins earlier than the scheduled time and had to wait for about 10mins in the plane.

At POE

Me: Good morning
CO: Morning

CO: What is the purpose of visit

Me: To have my first baby

CO: The first baby?

Me: yes, with a smile

CO: Do u have any relatives in Atlanta

Me: Yes, my aunt

CO: how much do u have with u

Me: 8000 dollars

CO: how long do you plan to stay

Me: 4 months

CO: Do u have ur return ticket

Me: yes

Co: Can i see it?

Me: Checked thru my back, fortunately found the print out

CO: checks it and hand it over

CO: Where is your hubby

Me: in Nigeria, he will come when baby is due

CO: When is the baby due
me: Answered

he stamps my passports and gave me 6 months. I was very happy

Went to baggage claim and immediately picked up my bag.

There was an elderly man that sat next to me on the plane and was very nice. I just felt it was right was to say bye-bye. Saw him has he loaded his bags on the trolley and he added mine to it to save me the stress of pulling my bags o.

One CBP officer stopped us, and asked if we are together. the man said no and mentioned that I am his friends wife and he is helping me because of my condition. the CBP asked how much cash we had, he said close to 8000 dollars, he asked me and I said 8000 dollars. he collected how customs form, wrote some thing on it and gave them back, we thanked him and left. We didnt know he put red alert on it and we were directed to do secondary inspection o. And the waiting game started. We saw some other Nigerians there waiting for examination. We waited for about 10mins before the elderly man was called. He was asked to open his bags for check and saw like 3 of the officers talking to him, cldn't hear them from where I sat. Eventually I was called and asked to bring my bag. They asked me about my relationship with the man and if he gave me anything. Told them we sat on the same row on the plane and he only helped me carry my box because I am pregnant. Asked to see my hand bag and show dem my money. showed him where to find the money in the bag. he brought out the purse and checked and returned it to the bag. Another asked for my purpose in the US, told him to have my baby. asked if I told them at the embassy and I said yes and that I applied for B2 visa, medical/tourism. asked if I have correspondence with hospital and yes and told him name of hospital I plan to use. They checked my box, i didn't have any food, just clothes. just heard them tell each other "that they are clean". Another asked me about my hubby and I told him he is in Nigeria. One of them said I should give dem few minutes to give me clearance. I got the clearance and was asked to go.

Note to self and others: Please don't assume you are free till you are out of the airport. Finish up any discussions in the plane or continue after you ve left the airport. Don't accept help from anyone, innocent acts can put you in trouble. Do not lie, be consistent from the Visa application till you get to ur final destination. Most importantly pray to God for a stress free journey.

Sorry for the long post.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
Good afternoon everyone and happy sunday.

I have been a silent follower of this forum for sometime now and I have few questions I haven't been able to read about in this forum since I started following.
I would like to find out if anyone has ever delivered in Rhodes island,the cost and all it entails.

Secondly@wunmi,please aw much was in your account both savings and current at the point of appliction,just an estmate please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 7:00pm On Sep 21, 2014
@Shawbabe leave me alone o. Na only you waka come? grin

Ok, I'm a village headmistress. Thank you. I don't even know the difference between USA & America.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by damsel020: 8:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
Quite a number of moms on this forum have used Dr Fagbohun and did not have any negative report about him. Am currently using him and due anytime from now and throughout my 4 hospital visit his been very nice and welcoming.

Shawbabe: so guys I just read reviews on Dr Fagbohun as i'm considering him or Dr. Le of sugarland. and The reviews on Fagbohun is not nice undecided

Anyone that used him, is this true pls? Or na oyibo people dey write the reviews wey I just read on Healthgrades?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 9:17pm On Sep 21, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by major1p: 9:27pm On Sep 21, 2014

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 9:43pm On Sep 21, 2014
My wife just arrived at elpaso today. She left Lagos yesterday via BA. I was really worried because we had to change our houston initial plan which was in her visa form for elpaso. We however informed Dr. Fagbohun that we woulnt d be using him anymore by mail and we printed out that mail in case the POE asked for it as excellent people advice me on this platform. The POE asked for her reason, why hospital and where she will be staying. Ask for letter of appointment and booking made at His Grace lodge. Receipts of payment, how much was with her. Then stamped her in for 6months until March 2015. I will give us a better rundown later. Thanks guys for all the help

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 9:48pm On Sep 21, 2014
We give you thanks and praise GOD for all the safe arrival and successful POE stories we have recently. We pray this trend continues to remain for all our mamas and papas embarking on this journey to USA and back. Amen.
Congrats all on the successful POE stories. I believe we will have many many more. I know I will be one of them wink

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by damsel020: 10:14pm On Sep 21, 2014
fagbohunmd@yahoo.com

sayoberry:
pls can u give me his email address?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 10:52pm On Sep 21, 2014
ajoke01: Don't accept help from anyone, innocent acts can put you in trouble. Do not lie, be consistent from the Visa application till you get to ur final destination. Most importantly pray to God for a stress free journey.
Congrats on your POE ,the last line summarizes it all . I feel those officers were just doing too know, some people even travel with ponmo, catfish etc and they wont trouble them cheesy.Although, I dont subscribe to people helping strangers at the airport to deliver packaged goods but there is nothing bad in an elderly helping a pregnant woman with her luggage. All in all its Gods favor.
major1p: Oh Please. Don't insult our intelligence here. Your name alone gives you away as a travel agent. You're just very subtle about your marketing style. All it takes is to click on your name and your posts on other topics advertising flights will come up. You don't have to refer to yourself as an agent.
I decided to ignore the guy in order not to derail this thread. As you've said lets keep the focus of the thread on the cost and procedure of Giving birth in the USA.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 21, 2014
Tiwalope: Good afternoon everyone and happy sunday.

I have been a silent follower of this forum for sometime now and I have few questions I haven't been able to read about in this forum since I started following.
I would like to find out if anyone has ever delivered in Rhodes island,the cost and all it entails.

Secondly@wunmi,please aw much was in your account both savings and current at the point of appliction,just an estmate please

Hello all,please assist with this information
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Santa2: 10:56pm On Sep 21, 2014
zeezahbee: My sister in law is coming to have her baby in houston, has anyone used doctor fagbohun and how much is the full package excluding accommodation?
Anyone with sample of a BUDGET spreadsheet, I need it urgently.thanks

I think Dr Fagbohun is about $5770 for normal delivery and $7,280 for Caesarian .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by cfcchick: 10:57pm On Sep 21, 2014
major1p:

Oh Please. Don't insult our intelligence here. Your name alone gives you away as a travel agent. You're just very subtle about your marketing style. All it takes is to click on your name and your posts on other topics advertising flights will come up. You don't have to refer to yourself as an agent. It is interesting though that your only responses on this thread relate to flights. I can't see where Tvegas has misled anybody and flights are not exactly the focus of this thread

@cfcchic, stop being defensive about time limit for travel. People are making general comments and referring to no one in particular. Decide on when you want to fly, commit your plans to God, take the experiences of others into consideration and just fly. Shikena.
Judge Judy....dnt be hard on yourself mate! Why do I have to b defensive about my decision? Who's paying d bill? No 1 has d right to question or condemn any body's travel plan.if I decide to go at 39 weeks it ain't nobody's business. No one has d right to condemn any1 going late or early that was d point I made.Peace

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 11:10pm On Sep 21, 2014
Tiwalope: Good afternoon everyone and happy sunday.I have been a silent follower of this forum for sometime now and I have few questions I haven't been able to read about in this forum since I started following. I would like to find out if anyone has ever delivered in Rhodes island,the cost and all it entails.
Its because No one knows it all on the thread, the Closest to Rhode Island i have read here is the Wyckoff Medical center in New York with normal delivery of $6500 discovered by Babababy. Note that most hospitals up north are quite pricey.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 21, 2014
Quote from ajoke01

Note to self and others: Please don't assume you are free till you are out of the airport. Finish up any discussions in the plane or continue after you ve left the airport. Don't accept help from anyone, innocent acts can put you in trouble. Do not lie, be consistent from the Visa application till you get to ur final destination. Most importantly pray to God for a stress free journey.

Sorry for the long post.

[/quote]

True oh! Traveling lesson 101 if you are not traveling with someone do not say you are or make the CBP people assume you are plus and let no one handle your luggage for you. If you need help on landing let either the airline crew (ground/flight) know or them boarder patrol staffs they would assist you.

Also, on the issue of flying at a latter gestation age abeg Biko, people try not to push it. To they lady that flew at 37wks I tip my hat to you- you are bold& strong dear cheesy while, for a myriad of reasons most people can not leave earlier but if you can please arrange to fly according to your doctor's recommendation pls. Moreso, if naa multiple as in twins, triplets,......... Or you be first time mom. First time mom cos truth be told you be "learner" and you do not know your body in pregnancy.
@ ajoke01 aww! You are in Atlanta too, so are you using north side or gwinnett. One of us here just put to bed at gwinnett last week and she was raving about the services,..... I'm sure she would share when she's fully settled.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 21, 2014
Tvegas: Its because No one knows it all on the thread, the Closest to Rhode Island i have read here is the Wyckoff Medical center in New York with normal delivery of $6500 discovered by Babababy. Note that most hospitals up north are quite pricey.

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by cfcchick: 11:52pm On Sep 21, 2014
Also, on the issue of flying at a latter gestation age abeg Biko, people try not to push it. To they lady that flew at 37wks I tip my hat to you- you are bold& strong dear cheesy while, for a myriad of reasons most people can not leave earlier but if you can please arrange to fly according to your doctor's recommendation pls. Moreso, if naa multiple as in twins, triplets,......... Or you be first time mom. First time mom cos truth be told you be "learner" and you do not know your body in pregnancy.
Well said dear...ur post up there is an advice which is well appreciated. Not some comments questioning why people have to travel late or early.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TeamclicksAir: 11:55pm On Sep 21, 2014
major1p:

Oh Please. Don't insult our intelligence here. Your name alone gives you away as a travel agent. You're just very subtle about your marketing style. All it takes is to click on your name and your posts on other topics advertising flights will come up. You don't have to refer to yourself as an agent. It is interesting though that your only responses on this thread relate to flights. I can't see where Tvegas has misled anybody and flights are not exactly the focus of this thread

@cfcchic, stop being defensive about time limit for travel. People are making general comments and referring to no one in particular. Decide on when you want to fly, commit your plans to God, take the experiences of others into consideration and just fly. Shikena.
well i am not supposed to respond to questions i dont know about. yes i do work with a travelling agency but i have never directed anyone on this thread to any website other than the airline directly. please tell me what is wrong with me assisting people find the cheapest fare across different airlines. all i do is tell them the airline(right here on the thread) and they proceed on there own. if anyone wishes i do it for them, it is at their discretion, i have never sent a pm or ask anyone here to contact me privately. its people like you that makes people desist from doing little charity.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 11:55pm On Sep 21, 2014
sayoberry:
pls can u give me his email address?

Fagbohunmd@yahoo.com.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 11:59pm On Sep 21, 2014
Santa2:

I think Dr Fagbohun is about $5770 for normal delivery and $7,280 for Caesarian .

That's including hospital and other fees his doc fees is $2400 for normal delivery.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sessibasi: 12:30am On Sep 22, 2014
GenoMI: @sessibasi Congrats and thanks for sharing your experience, very enlightening. Please if I understood correctly, you flew out of the US when your son was about 3weeks old? Trying to plan the return leg of my journey based on my EDD.

Yes I flew out of the US wen he was 3weeks old. Left arizona at 2weeks old
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by major1p: 1:46am On Sep 22, 2014
cfcchick:
Judge Judy....dnt be hard on yourself mate! Why do I have to b defensive about my decision? Who's paying d bill? No 1 has d right to question or condemn any body's travel plan.if I decide to go at 39 weeks it ain't nobody's business. No one has d right to condemn any1 going late or early that was d point I made.Peace

My apologies. I think my point came out wrong. smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by cfcchick: 7:13am On Sep 22, 2014
[quote author=major1p]

My apologies. I think my point came out wrong. smiley[/quote

It's ok..I was just against people putting fear in others or condemning their actions.have a lovely week ahead.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MissG(f): 7:18am On Sep 22, 2014
Hello All, I would like to share my POE experience as this thread has been very helpful.
I am having my baby in Dallas but flew in through New York on BA as I had a company workshop to attend.
I travelled last week at 35 weeks

Me: Good morning
CO: Good morning
CO: What is the purpose of your trip?
Me: Company workshop and to have my baby (Don't think she heard the baby part and she asked me to finger print)
CO: What's the length of your stay?
Me: 2 months ( She then gave me a weird look)
Me: I am staying two months as I want to have my baby here
CO: Oh are you pregnant? ( I don't blame her as my bump isn't so obvious plus I look fabulous smiley
Me: Yes
CO: Where is your boyfriend
Me: I am married and he will join me just before I am due (Wasn't wearing my wedding ring as my fingers got a little swollen on the flight)
CO: Please come with me (She took me in for secondary interview and gave my passport to one of the officers)
CBP: What's the purpose of your trip
Me: Company workshop and to have my baby
CBP: Why?
Me: Why to which of my answers, the workshop or the baby?
CBP: The baby
CBP: Its my first child and my husband and I want the best medical care
CBP: Why (gives me a funny look)
Me: Like I said best medical care as I have lost someone during child birth (I had a funny look on my face too)
CBP: Where do you intend on having your baby
Me: Told him
CBP: How much will it cost you and how much do you have on you.
Me: Told him how much the prices were and I had paid $3000 hospital bill and had $9000 cash on me.
CBP: $3000 is just a deposit, your total bill can be more than that. Let me see your receipt
Me: I know that is why I have $9000 cash on me. I gave him the receipt for the hospital and email correspondence with the Doctor's office (He took his time reading through it page by page
CBP: The hospital and doctor's fee is not all you will need to pay for, there is paediatrician and epidural and in case you end up having CS the cost goes up.
Me: I will not spend up to $500 on Paediatrician and told him how much the Doctor and hospital will charge extra for CS (He took a pen and started calculating, after he was done) I said that is why I have $9000 in cash in case of any unforeseen circumstances. (He then smiled a little)
CBP: Where will you be staying
Me: My brother in-law
CBP: What does he do
CBP: Does he have a green card or a citizen
Me: Citizen
CBP: What is his name
ME: Told him (looks him up on his computer)
CBP: He is certified
CBP: Where is your husband and is he coming to join you.
Me: He is in Nigeria and he will come before I am due
CBP: What is your husband's DOB.
CBP: Is that your husband (Shows me a pic of him from his Visa application)
Me: Yes
CBP: When is he coming
Me: Btw x and y not sure
CBP: Let me see what my boss has to say (While he was packing my documents, he saw the letter I wrote the embassy asking if I should go ahead with dropbox to renew my visa as I intend to have my baby, they had written back saying I should go ahead with the dropbox and I didn't have any legal obligation to inform them of my intentions to have my baby etc...) He said oh is that what they said, and took the letter with the rest of my documents and came back in less than a minute
CBP: How long are you in New York for
CBP: Stamps me in for 6 months.
CBP: Do you have any food
Me: Yes and told him what I had.
CBP: Enjoy your stay (Hands me my passport and documents)
Me: Thank you.

Went to pick up my bags, another CBP officer who collected my landing card asked what food items I had, told him and that was it.
I had, Ogi, Indomie, Ogbono, Pounded yam, Maggi, dry pepper.

My advice, make sure you have all correspondence with the doctor and hospital, let them know your intentions at the visa interview or after if you already have a visa. Be confident as its not against the law to have your baby in the US, just make sure you do not intend to use any of their medical aids. Finally PRAY and ask God for favour, only his grace can see your through.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by meine: 7:20am On Sep 22, 2014
TeamclicksAir: its people like you that makes people desist from doing little charity.
Uncle Charity, biko don't derail this thread and you should stop asking people where they are going as if they are babies. I share major1p view,You've opened similar threads elsewhere so why start it here? I noticed how you use foul words on members on other threads which shows immaturity those who patronise you can do so at their own risk anyways.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 7:55am On Sep 22, 2014
meine: Uncle Charity, biko don't derail this thread and you should stop asking people where they are going as if they are babies. I share major1p view,You've opened similar threads elsewhere so why start it here? I noticed how you use foul words on members on other threads which shows immaturity those who patronise you can do so at their own risk anyways.

Lmao @ uncle charity! Una no go kill person cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.