Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,498 members, 7,801,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1377970 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 7:57pm On Oct 18, 2014
I'm sorry once again mama. My response was uncalled for.[/quote]

No wahala. Thanks for always answering my questions.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 8:29pm On Oct 18, 2014
Heart2heart, I think the PM has issues. My reply keeps bouncing.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by damsel020: 9:05pm On Oct 18, 2014
Thanks a lot dear.
bloggerinapost=27255027:
Hello,
You can call Abby - (832) 794-1489

Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Lotalways: 9:19pm On Oct 18, 2014
weaseloo:

Dr. La now charges a non-refundable deposit of $150 which will eventually be deducted from your full payment. I know El Paso charges $150 as well, not sure if they make it part of your payment.
His fees like so many have mentioned already are:
$3340: $2500 doctor's charges, $445 labs, $145 initial visit, $250 ultrasound. I tried to negotiate, them no gree. I have tried to see if I can do some of the tests here in Nigeria but the prices I am getting at my hosp is more expensive so, the $445 will be going to them.

I am leaning more towards him bc I think he is expensive for a reason. Done my research on him and compared him with the other doctors at WHMC. To ice it, with the wonderful comments at the beginning of this thread about him, one of my friends used him last year and says good things about him and his services. Plus WHMC is a better location for me.

Other fees include:
WHMC vag/CS: 2500/4000
Epidural: 1200
Surg Assistant: 250
Paediatrics: 500/600
Pathology: 200/400
Hearing Test: $326
Circumcision: $325
I believe the last three can be negotiated.

I see Houston is getting more traffic nowadays bc of MIHS's change in cost. Good luck big bumps! Any January houston bound mama's that want to hook up can write me at my username at rocke t m ail. I will not accept pms.

Saving mode has been activated to give this baby the best entrance to this world grin grin

Thanks alot, I appreciate. God bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Lotalways: 9:21pm On Oct 18, 2014
bloggerina:
Dr Huynh does not accept payment until your first appointment.
Cheers

Thanks Bloggerina , God bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by akelvin(f): 9:29pm On Oct 18, 2014
@saved2serve:I used emirates when coming and I really loved their service.the air hostess got a bulk head sit for me n my husband so I could stretch my legs n later d couple by our side went behind so I could lay my baby so we had d whole roll(4seats to ourselves) n d flight frm dubai is usually d double decker so a lot of space to sleep n stretch had a roll to ourselves flight wasn't full.d hostess r really nice n helpful anything u need just ask u can keep asking for more.at a point they took my baby with them playing I was just resting my thing.n is just one stop dats dubai.so ur wife can stroll around when she is tired there is enuf space to move around.
N I think is too much d amount of money u want to enter with we came as a family n showed just 10k as cash n credit card so dat should b enuf instead of u holding n ur wife holding dats too much cash to hold n might expose u to so much questioning again.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 9:35pm On Oct 18, 2014
[quote author=tenic09 post=27251112]Pls dear mamas in the house...dis thread is meant to be helpful and I think that is why we re all here...we thank and appreciate those mamas that has been giving vital info and am sure it has helped a lot of pple like me...but its getting to a point whereby one get scared to ask question...pls let's be calm with each others and I think if some pple find it difficult to read and ask repeated questions...d best thing is to ignore if u can't answer or refer d person to a page if u can, rather than all dis gururu and epa things..its sounds like jest to me" if u ignore a question or answer by saying "read all over"..

Gbams. God bless u o. Ve said this b4. I ll rather ask phema than to ask and be insulted. I know it is better to ignore a question than to insult people. Phema has become my best ie right now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Heart2heart(m): 9:43pm On Oct 18, 2014
so how do we connect?
raii:
Heart2heart, I think the PM has issues. My reply keeps bouncing.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Heart2heart(m): 9:44pm On Oct 18, 2014
may God embarrass you with blessings..
akelvin:
@saved2serve:I used emirates when coming and I really loved their service.the air hostess got a bulk head sit for me n my husband so I could stretch my legs n later d couple by our side went behind so I could lay my baby so we had d whole roll(4seats to ourselves) n d flight frm dubai is usually d double decker so a lot of space to sleep n stretch had a roll to ourselves flight wasn't full.d hostess r really nice n helpful anything u need just ask u can keep asking for more.at a point they took my baby with them playing I was just resting my thing.n is just one stop dats dubai.so ur wife can stroll around when she is tired there is enuf space to move around.
N I think is too much d amount of money u want to enter with we came as a family n showed just 10k as cash n credit card so dat should b enuf instead of u holding n ur wife holding dats too much cash to hold n might expose u to so much questioning again.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Heart2heart(m): 9:52pm On Oct 18, 2014
with stop over at dubai, how long is it and where u lodged n fed?
akelvin:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Heart2heart(m): 9:56pm On Oct 18, 2014
i should go ahead to give them a try?
akelvin:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 9:57pm On Oct 18, 2014
Hello folks, I have a question this fine Saturday evening...

My husband does not have a US visa, and wants to apply, reason being to witness the birth of his child. His travel History - UK multiple times, and Dubai.

My concern is that, should he apply after I successfully land in the US (I will be travelling mid-Dec to Houston)?

Or should he apply now? i.e does it matter. In my mind, I feel he should apply after I get there but he thinks he can apply any time.

Decided to throw it to the house for your candid advice and useful wisdom as usual (no be washing grin )

Also i have noticed I only come here when I have question to ask, i know my sharp eyed people for dan notice, no vex o, I will try to change my ways and contribute more.

I have settled on either Dr Le (Houston Methodist Hospital in Sugarland) or Dr Fagbohun (Oakbbend Medical Centre, Richmond), and made all my ticket plans so I am just in waiting (and cash gathering!) mode, so I am just reading posts to keep up with things...

Thanks everyone...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 9:58pm On Oct 18, 2014
Heart2heart:
so how do we connect?

Sent you a PM in return. Let's hope the ish is from me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 18, 2014
@anonymousmum; when he should apply depends on some things. . .

- Did you get your visa solely for childbirth? If yes, were you asked if you will be travelling alone? What was your response?

If the above is in the affirmative, then wait to get to Houston before he applies. Ensure you scan your receipt of your payment to him. He should just say he's going to witness the birth of his child. They might ask if you've paid your bills. This is where the receipt comes into play.

They rarely deny them as long as your (the wife) records are clean.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by akelvin(f): 10:42pm On Oct 18, 2014
@heart2heart:our stop over in dubai was just 2hrs45mins before I will go n bath n freshen up they were already boarding.but my return ticket d stop over is 14hrs they will lodge us but I'm not sure of feeding but someone dat had long stopover said feeding was inclusive.so if u want to rest before d next flight u can go with d one dat has long stopover.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dakotchic(f): 10:47pm On Oct 18, 2014
[quote author=anonymousmum post=27259536]Hello folks, I have a question this fine Saturday evening...

My husband does not have a US visa, and wants to apply, reason being to witness the birth of his child. His travel History - UK multiple times, and Dubai.

My concern is that, should he apply after I successfully land in the US (I will be travelling mid-Dec to Houston)?

Or should he apply now? i.e does it matter. In my mind, I feel he should apply after I get there but he thinks he can apply anytime..

Okay let me try and answer using our case. My DH got his visa solely for the purpose of witnessing the birth of our child and he was only asked for a copy of my visa page. I hadn't travelled either then, and the purpose of my visa was not for birthing although I wrote to the consulate informing them of my intentions a week before his interview date. He took all necessary documents though he wasn't asked. In summary I guess he can go anytime!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 10:50pm On Oct 18, 2014
Hello folks, I have a question this fine Saturday evening...

Or should he apply now? i.e does it matter. In my mind, I feel he should apply after I get there but he thinks he can apply any time.

Decided to throw it to the house for your candid advice and useful wisdom as usual (no be washing grin )

You can get him to apply anytime. It doesn't matter but personaly I would say its Preferably now.... So you get an appointment date that may not be way after your edd..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 10:50pm On Oct 18, 2014
Phema:
@anonymousmum; when he should apply depends on some things. . .
- Did you get your visa solely for childbirth? If yes, were you asked if you will be travelling alone? What was your response?
If the above is in the affirmative, then wait to get to Houston before he applies. Ensure you scan your receipt of your payment to him. He should just say he's going to witness the birth of his child. They might ask if you've paid your bills. This is where the receipt comes into play.
They rarely deny them as long as your (the wife) records are clean.

I got my visa for regular visit, used it once last year, then decided to use it for childbirth this year.

Sent customary email to Lagos and Abuja embassy, got the regular response so I believe I am good to go, every other thing is clean.

Makes a lot of sense for me to reach there first and start paying the bills...I did not think of it that way.

God bless you for this analysis madam Phema, we have to start giving award on this thread o!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 10:52pm On Oct 18, 2014
MadameU:

You can get him to apply anytime. It doesn't matter but personaly I would say its Preferably now.... So you get an appointment date that may not be way after your edd..

Thanks madameU...do you mean appointment date as per at the embassy? I got mine in Lagos (about a year ago) in like 2 days. Does it take time like that?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 18, 2014
@anonymousmum

If you got your visa way before you got pregnant and wrote to the embasy, he can apply ASAP.

Just didn't want that discrepancy of one stating she's going ALONE for birthing (and even claiming the hubby will be too busy at that time to accompany her), only for the hubby to come applying few weeks later. They might feel that wifey wasn't very honest during her interview. Its just better to play safe.

Get my drift?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 11:10pm On Oct 18, 2014
Thanks madameU...do you mean appointment date as per at the embassy? I got mine in Lagos (about a year ago) in like 2 days. Does it take time like that?

Times differ, you never know how soon or otherwise your appointment may end up being. So it's wise to get cracking and get the whole thing done with. And in the event (hopefully not) of a refusal there should get enough time to reapply....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 11:15pm On Oct 18, 2014
[quote author=Phema post=27260881]@anonymousmum

If you got your visa way before you got pregnant and wrote to the embasy, he can apply ASAP.

Just didn't want that discrepancy of one stating she's going ALONE for birthing (and even claiming the hubby will be too busy at that time to accompany her), only for the hubby to come applying few weeks later. They might feel that wifey wasn't very honest during her interview. Its just better to play safe..

But you can always say at the interview or write back to the embassy informing them that the initial decision was for you to ho alone however circumstances surrounding your job or stuff have changed and your husband will be accompanying you or will come when you have the baby to see u guys and bring u home.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Oct 18, 2014
^^^ True that! I guess I just prefer to get my story straight from the get go.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by somchisom: 11:31pm On Oct 18, 2014
Please am looking at giving birth in new york, my edd is first week of march 2015 while my visa would xpire on 18 april. would i be able to enter us with the visa or do i need to renew? Kindly advise.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 11:46pm On Oct 18, 2014
Phema:
@anonymousmum
Just didn't want that discrepancy of one stating she's going ALONE for birthing (and even claiming the hubby will be too busy at that time to accompany her), only for the hubby to come applying few weeks later. They might feel that wifey wasn't very honest during her interview. Its just better to play safe.
Get my drift?

I see...thanks for this insight...somehow I have latched on to what you mentioned about him presenting receipts which can only happen when I get there...make I dey tink am dey go.

MadameU:
Times differ, you never know how soon or otherwise your appointment may end up being. So it's wise to get cracking and get the whole thing done with. And in the event (hopefully not) of a refusal there should get enough time to reapply....

this makes sense... thanks a lot. I'm travelling at 33 weeks so this should give us enough time.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 12:07am On Oct 19, 2014
Please am looking at giving birth in new york, my edd is first week of march 2015 while my visa would xpire on 18 april. would i be able to enter us with the visa or do i need to renew? Kindly advise.

Kindly do yourself the favour of reapplying so you don't have to be under excessive pressure just after birth.that is if you would not have issues at POE for starters using a visa thats at verge of being invalid/ expired...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Santa2: 1:08am On Oct 19, 2014
somchisom:

Hi have you gotten a hospital in new york?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Santa2: 1:14am On Oct 19, 2014
Lotalways:
Hello all, please those that intend or had used Dr. La, Dr. Jeannie Huynh or Dr. Fagbohun.....do any of them accept deposit before booking appointment for patients and how much?

Thankss

Dr Fagbohun doesn't accept deposit, and his prices are vag/CS $5770/$7,280 (all inclusive) he uses oakbend. Medical center

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by somchisom: 1:27am On Oct 19, 2014
Santa2:

Hi have you gotten a hospital in new york?
d

I have sent emails to some hospitals in Buffalo New York, yet to get a response. am told buffalo is cheaper than New York city. would update u once there s response from them.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 3:02am On Oct 19, 2014
somchisom:

Although it might seem to be pushing it I do think you can use it. I remember reading in the earlier pages of this thread of someone whose wife' visa was due to expire before her edd but when they came to the usa they were stamped in for more than the expiration date. Check baba baby posts for more information. He was the one who wrote about the package with Wycliff hospital new york.

Looking at the time interval between ur edd and the expiration date I think you can do it if you plan to return within 4wks after delivery all things considered. However like madam u advised you can reapply but I think the time line right now is small if you plan to travel by January. Just weigh your options I am sure you will come to the right decision.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bloggerina: 6:00am On Oct 19, 2014
Hello,
I refrained from answering this question a while back because you were asking phema only. I assumed that meant you wanted answers from phema alone. I didn't want to be a busybody tho someone else also chipped in an answer for you. Nevertheless, I decided to answer today because the issue has been giving me some medical concerns ever since I read your question and checked all your previous posts to get a clearer picture of what you were saying.
Kindly send me a PM if you would like to hear what I have to say. I don't think its proper for us to go into details abt your medicals on such a public forum.
If you are not intrested, just ignore this post and waka pass.
Cheers

mabels:

I just can not believe the laziness! I've decided to waka pass such posts and leave them to the very patient people who can say one thing one hundred times. I'm tired of begging them to help themselves.

Good morning madam phena, is this why you haven't answered mine cos I specifically directed my question to you.

Here is the question again @ phema I had surgery last year cos I had ruptured ectopic pregnancy, [b]if am having a virginal birth for my next baby, it is going to be considered vbac. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bloggerina: 6:16am On Oct 19, 2014
Lol @ "guguru and epa things".
Anyway, if anyone wants ask a sound question, why should the person be afraid?
Even the most patient person here will oneday get tired of repetitive questions coz there are some questions that just make you wonder if the person considers this thread to be a quick-fix or a network of consultants.
There's no "professional" on the topic, that's why we are all here - for facts, info and learning. But we have to read don't we?

tenic09:
Pls dear mamas in the house...dis thread is meant to be helpful and I think that is why we re all here...we thank and appreciate those mamas that has been giving vital info and am sure it has helped a lot of pple like me...but its getting to a point whereby one get scared to ask question...pls let's be calm with each others and I think if some pple find it difficult to read and ask repeated questions...d best thing is to ignore if u can't answer or refer d person to a page if u can, rather than all dis gururu and epa things..its sounds like jest to me" if u ignore a question or answer by saying "read all over"..its ok
And for d person dat said she was sent back and her visa was cancelled...we shld av at least let her explain her own part and if its same with all d lies dats leads to refusal...pple can keep reading and learning from pple like her..
A proffessional today was once a learner and YES that's it..let's give room to be friendly with ourselves cos we might need help from someone outta here and we don't knw who dat cld be...thankx all...I stand to be corrected if dere is need for it...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.