Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,927 members, 7,803,043 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1378270 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by cfcchick: 9:20am On Oct 20, 2014
Phema:

O'boy! Na plane ticket una dey talk so abi na God is Good motors? I don vex! I'm porting to Houston and postponing my EDD. embarassed

Abeg, anyone with info on hospital in Houston with an all inclusive package of $2888 and a rebate of $250? tongue grin

@Phema...but dat naa old prize naa...u dey taunt me with this old prize.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 20, 2014
Hello house!

I' m a follower of this thread, just for leisure though.

I just had a baby (14th Oct, in Naija), and I need to obtain an int'l passport for her ASAP. Now my concerns are -

1. How is the picture taken? Since they can't hold their head up.

2. Newborns sleep a whole lot! Does it matter if their eyes are closed in the capture, if they happen to be asleep when it is to be taken?

3. I hope at 9 days old is not too early?

I feel as most mothers here are experienced in this, this is the appropriate place to ask.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Joyeka: 10:15am On Oct 20, 2014
[center]@ joyeka pls how did you go about the American passport and SSN , how long did you wait for the birth certificate?its 1week now and they have not mailed my baby's BC. used PG too

@baz001,it seems u jst used PG recently.can u give mi breakdown of cost.of mother baby n dr., am confused with what am seeing online.and do dey accept tests from naija.hp dere was no hidden charges. pls abeg

@joyeka u can help a sis if u ve info on this too. God bless as u respond[/center]

concerning the American Passport....you have to wait until you get the SSN , then you can either go to the ppst office but i went to the embassy myself since i had about two weeks to leave the country...just try and go to Washington Dc yoursef, it will come out in 3 days.. wth expedited thing .think i paid about 169 or 180, cant remen=mber exactly..For the ssn, you have to wait, they must have posted it to you by now, you cant do anything even by phone, relax it will get to you...congrats on baby... hope the bill made sense...

My bill.....i used Dr chaudry, he has one good office assistant..Alicia..she does the pricing as well..about 2,500 except they ve increased by now, they accept naija dr report, if it well done....abi na properly documented...my baby bill was 924..then 1 percent discount..paid about 800 something, my bill was 4,900..cos i had antibiotics...all cost me about8,500...hope ds helps

DELETED
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 20, 2014
BossladyMo; congrats again on your LO. You really don't have to bother about how the passport is taken. Just take your baby to the passport office. They will do their thing. Babies donot undergo the usual data capture, so you will get it within a day or two.

And yes, a 9 day old baby can get a passport.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 20, 2014
Phema:
BossladyMo; congrats again on your LO. You really don't have to bother about how the passport is taken. Just take your baby to the passport office. They will do their thing. Babies donot undergo the usual data capture, so you will get it within a day or two.

And yes, a 9 day old baby can get a passport.

Thanks sis! My family is finally complete, lol. How are you?

Thanks for the info. I just needed to ask cos you know how we do things here in Naija...one can reach there now and they will say another thing.

Pls how do I do the sleep thing? What if she is asleep and just refuses to wake up or open her eyrs? Will they still capture her like that?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lisamarris(f): 10:59am On Oct 20, 2014
anonymousmum:
Hello folks, I have a question this fine Saturday evening...

My husband does not have a US visa, and wants to apply, reason being to witness the birth of his child. His travel History - UK multiple times, and Dubai.

My concern is that, should he apply after I successfully land in the US (I will be travelling mid-Dec to Houston)?

Or should he apply now? i.e does it matter. In my mind, I feel he should apply after I get there but he thinks he can apply any time.

Decided to throw it to the house for your candid advice and useful wisdom as usual (no be washing grin )

Also i have noticed I only come here when I have question to ask, i know my sharp eyed people for dan notice, no vex o, I will try to change my ways and contribute more.

I have settled on either Dr Le (Houston Methodist Hospital in Sugarland) or Dr Fagbohun (Oakbbend Medical Centre, Richmond), and made all my ticket plans so I am just in waiting (and cash gathering!) mode, so I am just reading posts to keep up with things...

Thanks everyone...
Hi anonymous mum. We seem to be travelling about the same time and using similar doctors i.e . either dr le or fagbohun
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lisamarris(f): 11:06am On Oct 20, 2014
Flowers:

Hi Lisamarris you can check this link for accomodation in Houston.
http://comfyhouston.com/

Thank you flowers.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 20, 2014
BossladyMo; we are doing great. We thank God.

I really don't know if they can take her passport with her sleeping. Will ask someone who just did hers and let you know.

But I'm sure that shouldn't be a problem anyways.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 11:18am On Oct 20, 2014
If I read correctly, the 111k price is to Hobby Airport, also in Houston, but much smaller. Maybe you were checking the price to George Bush International Airport, which is the more common airport for international flights.

GenoMI:
As in ehn Phema, I thought about porting to Houston for a minute cuz even my dates to Houston is 111k on Delta shocked

I don't understand o cuz this very same Delta flight will first stop in Atlanta, before heading to Houston. I don't understand y the Atlanta is now 323k on the SAME Delta flight .

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 20, 2014
Phema:
BossladyMo; we are doing great. We thank God.

I really don't know if they can take her passport with her sleeping. Will ask someone who just did hers and let you know.

But I'm sure that shouldn't be a problem anyways.

Alright, thanks!

Will look out for your reply.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 12:13pm On Oct 20, 2014
No o, it's to George Bush, I called the Delta office.

shelly23:
If I read correctly, the 111k price is to Hobby Airport, also in Houston, but much smaller. Maybe you were checking the price to George Bush International Airport, which is the more common airport for international flights.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lisamarris(f): 12:15pm On Oct 20, 2014
oluloveme:

I stayed at miramar apartments, got my furniture from CORT all was fine.....it all depends on your budget.

hello olulove me. I called miramar aptmts and i was told that they only do a minimum of 6 months lease. was that the duration you got?do you have an agent i could contact for a shorter lease?thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 12:25pm On Oct 20, 2014
lisamarris:

Hi anonymous mum. We seem to be travelling about the same time and using similar doctors i.e . either dr le or fagbohun

Yes o. #teamsugarland #teamrichmond smiley I will be staying in Sugarland so I am leaning towards Dr. Le, but Dr. Fagbohun's package seems clearer and cheaper.

However the distance from Richmond to Sugarland may wipe out the savings (transport et al) so will probably decide when I get there.

I think there's other people with similar plans e.g raii, kykes etc.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by akelvin(f): 12:28pm On Oct 20, 2014
@BossladyMo:they won't take d snapshot while d baby is sleeping u wuld b asked to wake d baby up they need d eyes opened.same thing when I went with my son we had to wake him up n they will show u how to hold d baby so they snap dnt worry about dat u wuld hold d baby but when they r done u won't see urself in d pics they will direct u.infact when I had to wake my son up he started crying seriously but they waited till we consoled him n then directed us how to hold him for d passport,so dnt bother abt dat just go there.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by betty1983(f): 12:38pm On Oct 20, 2014
Hello house, to God be the glory, hubby and I got our visas. Thanks for all your kind contributions, couldn't have done it without you guys. So I'll be heading to El Paso Jan/Feb. Just a quick question please, how do you book a Delta Airline ticket? Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 12:52pm On Oct 20, 2014
anonymousmum:

Yes o. #teamsugarland #teamrichmond smiley I will be staying in Sugarland so I am leaning towards Dr. Le, but Dr. Fagbohun's package seems clearer and cheaper.

However the distance from Richmond to Sugarland may wipe out the savings (transport et al) so will probably decide when I get there.

I think there's other people with similar plans e.g raii, kykes etc.

I was considering WHMC in Richmond avenue but now team MIHS. Heart to heart o di kwa mma you just went silent.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 12:56pm On Oct 20, 2014
raii:

I was considering WHMC in Richmond avenue but now team MIHS. Heart to heart o di kwa mma you just went silent.

Ah okay you dan port. hope u made it into the pre-price increase group smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TeamclicksAir: 12:56pm On Oct 20, 2014
Phema:

O'boy! Na plane ticket una dey talk so abi na God is Good motors? I don vex! I'm porting to Houston and postponing my EDD. embarassed

Abeg, anyone with info on hospital in Houston with an all inclusive package of $2888 and a rebate of $250? tongue grin
na young shall grow we dy talk
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 20, 2014
akelvin:
@BossladyMo:they won't take d snapshot while d baby is sleeping u wuld b asked to wake d baby up they need d eyes opened.same thing when I went with my son we had to wake him up n they will show u how to hold d baby so they snap dnt worry about dat u wuld hold d baby but when they r done u won't see urself in d pics they will direct u.infact when I had to wake my son up he started crying seriously but they waited till we consoled him n then directed us how to hold him for d passport,so dnt bother abt dat just go there.

Thanks Akelvin!

How soon did you get the passport? And what documentation did you present? For my son, they accepted the private hospital's BC, I hope they accept it this time.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 1:19pm On Oct 20, 2014
raii:

Lol.....runaway soldier grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by customised87: 1:27pm On Oct 20, 2014
betty1983:
Hello house, to God be the glory, hubby and I got our visas. Thanks for all your kind contributions, couldn't have done it without you guys. So I'll be heading to El Paso Jan/Feb. Just a quick question please, how do you book a Delta Airline ticket? Thanks

Hey congrats! U can either book from dre website or check wakanow.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 1:36pm On Oct 20, 2014
betty1983:
Congrats on your visa. You can book Delta through wakanow ,Travelstart or via other reputable agencies, they dont allow direct booking for flights originating from Nigeria for now. Meanwhile, God loves a cheerful giver therefore kindly share the details of your transcript so that other intending applicants can learn a thing or two.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shagaman: 1:38pm On Oct 20, 2014
@betty1983, congrats on your visa, my people,i was leaning towards New york before but have changed mind to Elpaso,January bound,have made contact with an hospital i got from here and the package seems ok.

we dont want to be lonely oooo,Elpaso here we come ...AMERICA ready to welcome our baby ooooo grin

For those that sent pms that we were planning new york apologies, just dint want to depend on relatives thus Elpaso suites our conquest. planning to book now so ..i need cheap flight lord help meeeee
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 2:18pm On Oct 20, 2014
my dear MIHS peeps has anyone visited the Intown suites equivalent in Phoenix? Kindly share if you have any idea what the place and its environs is like.Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by belfy(f): 2:31pm On Oct 20, 2014
Good day all, thanks for all the info shared here.have really learnt a lot reading thru the thread.infact I fit start my own agency now.for Atlanta houston bound mums, take advantage of delta promo going on now.i booked for N111,512. This is real.i called a friend that works with wakanow, he confirmed and their customer service lady even called for me to choose my seat.grab ur copy .......nowww wink smiley

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 20, 2014
belfy:
Good day all, thanks for all the info shared here.have really learnt a lot reading thru the thread.infact I fit start my own agency now.for Atlanta houston bound mums, take advantage of delta promo going on now.i booked for N111,512. This is real.i called a friend that works with wakanow, he confirmed and their customer service lady even called for me to choose my seat.grab ur copy .......nowww wink smiley

So, it is true. . . sad

Beefing Houston/Atlanta peeps
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by belfy(f): 3:01pm On Oct 20, 2014
Yes ooooo@phema.i thought it was film trick at first.my colleagues were lagging at me that the aircraft is heading to Malaysia. As I speak to you, I have booked and paid.they gave called severally to confirm my ticket.........so hurry while offer lasts grin smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 3:36pm On Oct 20, 2014
omo, you go fear fear ... when its not Afriqiyaah or EgyptAir...lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 3:49pm On Oct 20, 2014
Hmm even me I don book am though I'm going to ATL not Houston, LOL. Paid 113,187. I will figure out how to get around it later, anyone with ideas please share. I booked by calling the Delta office in Lagos on 01 279 9000. I still don't get it though, the exact same date to Atlanta is 323k and this houston ticket will still pass through atlanta

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 3:53pm On Oct 20, 2014
GenoMI:
Hmm even me I don book am though I'm going to ATL not Houston, LOL. Paid 113,187. I will figure out how to get around it later. I booked by calling the Delta office in Lagos on 01 279 9000
what date did you book for pls? It gave me a quote of 303k when I tried booking for next month.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 3:54pm On Oct 20, 2014
But seriously guys, at the risk of pouring water on a sweet deal, please read the terms and conditions wella.

How much is it to modify itinerary on this particular class of ticket? Can you change dates easily, add an infant, etc etc?

Caveat emptor o, you never know what the catch may be...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.