Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1378997 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 4:00pm On Oct 20, 2014
@anonymousmum I asked and the lady told me that it's a promo they are running until the 29th of October I.e one has to book before then. Changes can be made but subject to fees depending on the change. Also, I immediately requested and booked for a bassinet for the journey back to lagos. I was asked to pay an additional 19k to secure an economy comfort seat which is where a bassinet can be used.

anonymousmum:
But seriously guys, at the risk of pouring water on a sweet deal, please read the terms and conditions wella.

How much is it to modify itinerary on this particular class of ticket? Can you change dates easily, add an infant, etc etc?

Caveat emptor o, you never know what the catch may be...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TeamclicksAir: 4:12pm On Oct 20, 2014
GenoMI:
Hmm even me I don book am though I'm going to ATL not Houston, LOL. Paid 113,187. I will figure out how to get around it later, anyone with ideas please share. I booked by calling the Delta office in Lagos on 01 279 9000. I still don't get it though, the exact same date to Atlanta is 323k and this houston ticket will still pass through atlanta
clear the cookie of your browser. It's 256k am seeing with your date.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 4:18pm On Oct 20, 2014
I've done that o, for atlanta on Delta. Infact I just asked them again they even now said 331k
TeamclicksAir:
clear the cookie of your browser. It's 256k am seeing with your date.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jennys: 4:40pm On Oct 20, 2014
Hello, everyone. I have been an ardent reader of the forum and I commend everyone for sharing their views and experience it really does help.
I have a few questions to ask please. I intend to use Dr Soyola (Gwinnete medical center Atlanta). am looking for a two bedroom apartment close the medical center (travelling with a pregnant friend) please will appreciate any valuable information on accommodation.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TeamclicksAir: 4:47pm On Oct 20, 2014
GenoMI:
I've done that o, for atlanta on Delta. Infact I just asked them again they even now said 331k
United is 248 while BA is 273. You can use either and BA has one stop while United has 2 and you also get a free bassinet. you would spend minimum of 45k for another flight to atlanta from Houston if you head first to houston. Also consider the stress if the airport is I'm another terminal.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 4:54pm On Oct 20, 2014
Hi @jennys, i'll also be using Dr. Soyoola and Gwinnett, traveling in December, due in january. When are you guys travelling? Though my accommodation option for now is $1,600 including feeding and transport. I wouldn't mind sharing though if there is something much cheaper and I won't be all alone.other options I had looked at are extended stay apartments, you can look up Crossland economy studios in Lawrenceville.

jennys:
Hello, everyone. I have been an ardent reader of the forum and I commend everyone for sharing their views and experience it really does help.
I have a few questions to ask please. I intend to use Dr Soyola (Gwinnete medical center Atlanta). am looking for a two bedroom apartment close the medical center (travelling with a pregnant friend) please will appreciate any valuable information on accommodation.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 4:56pm On Oct 20, 2014
Thanks @TeamclicksAir I have been thinking but I have to find a way around it as I already made payment, lol. Checked tickets from houston back to atlanta, got $138 on delta on Expedia

TeamclicksAir:
United is 248 while BA is 273. You can use either and BA has one stop while United has 2 and you also get a free bassinet. you would spend minimum of 45k for another flight to atlanta from Houston if you head first to houston. Also consider the stress if the airport is I'm another terminal.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MrsDan: 4:59pm On Oct 20, 2014
jennys:
Hi Jennys...sent you a pm.
MrsDan

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 5:58pm On Oct 20, 2014
anonymousmum:

Ah okay you dan port. hope u made it into the pre-price increase group smiley

I did o. I booked on the very last day. I need to give Nita a hug for the prompting.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by titilolaagaka: 6:05pm On Oct 20, 2014
MamaTobenna:
Any mum to be in the house having her baby in Los Angeles?
I want to have my baby in Los Angeles too. Have talked to Dr. Solomon Mbagwu
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jennys: 6:09pm On Oct 20, 2014
Hello @genomi my friend is due febuary while am due march. she would be travelling by january while i join her in Febuary.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kason4u(f): 6:11pm On Oct 20, 2014
raii:

I did o. I booked on the very last day. I need to give Nita a hug for the prompting.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jennys: 6:12pm On Oct 20, 2014
hello Mr Dan, dont know how to access PM here ooo. am still learning.
MrsDan[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kason4u(f): 6:16pm On Oct 20, 2014
Hello Mama Tobenna, I also intend using Los Angeles nd will b due by February though travelling January. Pls can u highlight me on Dr. Solomon Mbagwu. His charges for delivery and hospital bill. Thank u
I want to have my baby in Los Angeles too. Have talked to Dr. Solomon Mbagwu[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MrsDan: 6:18pm On Oct 20, 2014
jennys:
hello Mr Dan, dont know how to access PM here ooo. am still learning.
MrsDan
Hello again Jennys....its your private email you used in registering on NL. Also check your junk/spam mails.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 6:46pm On Oct 20, 2014
Hi @jennys I will be leaving ATL 1st week in Feb, so we probably won't be there at the same time sad

Hello @MrsDan grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by akelvin(f): 6:51pm On Oct 20, 2014
@bossladyM:they will accept it as long as is a birth certificate I don't think it matters if private or government.i got d passport same day(Abuja),n went with birth certificate,our own passport,n consent letter dats what I can remember for now will ask my hubby if any other documents will let u knw.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 7:04pm On Oct 20, 2014
To a very special bestie (blogger) thanks so much for the call, I really really appreciate it. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 7:56pm On Oct 20, 2014
@titilolaagaka and @kason4u , I am using dr Mbagwu too o. Drs fees 1500/2500 vag/cs hospital is 3000/5000. I am due in march o. When are u guys travelling.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 8:19pm On Oct 20, 2014
kason4u:
Hello Mama Tobenna, I also intend using Los Angeles nd will b due by February though travelling January. Pls can u highlight me on Dr. Solomon Mbagwu. His charges for delivery and hospital bill. Thank u
I want to have my baby in Los Angeles too. Have talked to Dr. Solomon Mbagwu

The prices don't include pediatric anesthetic and other charges though. There are tests u have to do. Mail their office. Bianca will send u the details. Can we hook up on bbm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kason4u(f): 8:24pm On Oct 20, 2014
MamaTobenna:
@titilolaagaka and @kason4u , I am using dr Mbagwu too o. Drs fees 1500/2500 vag/cs hospital is 3000/5000. I am due in march o. When are u guys travelling.

Thanks a lot Mama Tobenna, I appreciate greatly. But dis isn't inclusive of lab tests, scan etc. Can u send a pm to me 4 more details plsss! Meanyle, I'm travelling Jan as my Edd is feb
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 9:12pm On Oct 20, 2014
@Genomi

All these tickets you are sharing. You sure say no be under bridge Ikeja you buy tickets? Diaris God o! grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 9:24pm On Oct 20, 2014
kason4u:

Thanks a lot Mama Tobenna, I appreciate greatly. But dis isn't inclusive of lab tests, scan etc. Can u send a pm to me 4 more details plsss! Meanyle, I'm travelling Jan as my Edd is feb

Sent you an invite on bbm.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 10:36pm On Oct 20, 2014
My sista, the shock wey carry me when I saw that price on travelstart website, I just had to call Delta myself grin grin.

Once they confirmed, I booked it and paid sharply. Right now I am using ALL my energy to research hospitals in Houston on this thread grin grin, might as well go there since I got such an amazing deal on the ticket. It's not like I have relatives in ATL so Gwinnett is not by force, LOL. I was only bent on going there cause I know some1 who has used the place and gave good reviews. Bet e don be like say I go port ooo...

MerryMom:
@Genomi

All these tickets you are sharing. You sure say no be under bridge Ikeja you buy tickets? Diaris God o! grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 20, 2014
akelvin:
@bossladyM:they will accept it as long as is a birth certificate I don't think it matters if private or government.i got d passport same day(Abuja),n went with birth certificate,our own passport,n consent letter dats what I can remember for now will ask my hubby if any other documents will let u knw.

Thank youu very much.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jyde2014: 11:56pm On Oct 20, 2014
belfy:
Yes ooooo@phema.i thought it was film trick at first.my colleagues were lagging at me that the aircraft is heading to Malaysia. As I speak to you, I have booked and paid.they gave called severally to confirm my ticket.........so hurry while offer lasts grin smiley

Hi, pls I tried booking a flight to Atlanta, na 200k++ I dey see. Abeg she'd more light . Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Heart2heart(m): 1:27am On Oct 21, 2014
Beloved Raii odi nma! Tnx. So after the upward review of mihs package na him people take off? It is like am the only one with mihs on new cost for feb/march? If u re in my lane, I command u to show ur face. Pls akelvin, and mihs veterans, what about this SSN, how do we get it for the baby? I just started seeing it again oh. Before they said fill 0000, pls gv us a response that will nail this. These low fares induced jubiliation everywhere for 111k I hope the flight go reach US ni? Cus U.S.A (united states of Abakpa) is about 118k after tax.
raii:

I was considering WHMC in Richmond avenue but now team MIHS. Heart to heart o di kwa mma you just went silent.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Heart2heart(m): 1:49am On Oct 21, 2014
grin I see mihs traffic dwindling when the pre-price mamas don born finish. Na me them go take open new price ni? Lolzz.
raii:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Heart2heart(m): 1:57am On Oct 21, 2014
You mean 32.5?
customised87:

Can they fly someone that's 32 wks 5 days?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 5:11am On Oct 21, 2014
Heart2heart:
grin I see mihs traffic dwindling when the pre-price mamas don born finish. Na me them go take open new price ni? Lolzz.

Lolllll. E be like say na u go open market for the new price. Id look thru the thread for info on the SSN but if any one can answer before then, we'd appreciate.

Have you considered places other than Phoenix. At least doing a cost/benefit analysis.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bloggerina: 8:35am On Oct 21, 2014
This awoof is almost too good to be true. Sounds like when I first heard abt mihs too, I thot it was a scam!
As in, less than 150k to the US? Are you sure the plane won't go to sambisa forest? Omo mhen, make una chatter the ticket by the dozen. Everyborryyy, oya moveeeee. Even if u have notin to do in atlanta or houston, just buy, go and play den come back.
All the mommies, buy for yasef, ur hubby, ur mother, mother-in-law, buy for ur dog, ur cat....Everyboryyy.
No be small awoof o!
My oga for office has been jumping around here sef, opportunity to send his family on vacation. Lolz

Jay6:
FYI all. I'm considering joining my wife in Houston btw Jan/Mar 2015, I did a quick search on the cost of flying to Houston within that period and got Delta for about N118k for a round trip - Los to Houston Hobby and back - Jan. 16/Mar. 6, 2015. A good deal right?! You guys should check it out
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by cfcchick: 8:39am On Oct 21, 2014
Heart2heart:
Beloved Raii odi nma! Tnx. So after the upward review of mihs package na him people take off? It is like am the only one with mihs on new cost for feb/march? If u re in my lane, I command u to show ur face. Pls akelvin, and mihs veterans, what about this SSN, how do we get it for the baby? I just started seeing it again oh. Before they said fill 0000, pls gv us a response that will nail this. These low fares induced jubiliation everywhere for 111k I hope the flight go reach US ni? Cus U.S.A (united states of Abakpa) is about 118k after tax.

@ heart 2 heart, Babe I go follow u join sha! Due in Feb but I'll b leaving last week December cos I have a friend coming as well but due in Jan so I gats to leave early for gher. So lets team up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.