Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1379032 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tenic09(f): 4:19pm On Oct 22, 2014
Very helpful...thanks much....am not particular abt any doctor...all I want is an affordable one...tnx once again.
MiddyO:
@ Tenic09

You can apply for your doctor's appointmevnt as early as possible, I think its just better to be prepared and not leave anything till the lat minute. I contacted my hospital as early as 9 weeks smiley
You can apply with your mom, and tell the V.O that she will help when the baby arrives. Your mom can also add her statement even if you state in your form that you or your husband will sponsor her. I added mine in my 'burden of proof' even though we listed my husband as the sponsor and it still helped.

As per your Doctor, i cant help with Dr Fagbohun, because I plan to use Elpaso in the future. You need to pay only $150 as registration fees to get your letter.

Hope this helps?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Heart2heart(m): 4:34pm On Oct 22, 2014
Freshface:
Ocman aka heart2heart! Dats just wrong! So disheartening! sad
. It is foolhardiness and stupidity to believe everything on a faceless forum. Don't judge! Naija mindset!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Heart2heart(m): 4:42pm On Oct 22, 2014
Freshface:
Ocman aka heart2heart! Dats just wrong! So disheartening! sad
. It is foolhardiness and stupidity to believe everything on a faceless forum. Even the mod deleting my posts to say something is that fair?. You accuse me and u dnt want me to air a word. Justwise run this like a forum but if u want to play a fallacy of a detective stunt who propagates lies, then u gonna be shocked to know that u live in my street and u aint suppose to be a mod here. You dnt hv monopoly of that knack u feel its a prioprietary right. Don't insult me. Don't stay behind keyboards to insult me.Stick to nairaland rules.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 4:51pm On Oct 22, 2014
[quote author=Phema post=27356551]

Definitely! All the CBP Officers will be interested in is whether your visa is still valid at the time you get to the POE. This means you can even travel a day to the expiration of your visa. They will stamp you in for the lenght of time needed to do what ever you stated you were coming to the US to do notwithstanding when your visa expires. Gerrit?

Phema u are not quite right o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 5:37pm On Oct 22, 2014
@Tenic09 hope you feel better. Paying bills doesn't have significant effect at the Nigerian embassy. At the POE such evidence may help. You need to provide sufficient proof that you will return after your treatment. I.e proofs that you and your mum qualify for an NIV visa. Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by belfy(f): 5:40pm On Oct 22, 2014
GenoMI:
Bros @Tvegas biko check your box o, I've responded. Since Houston is now on your Horizon make we join heads...@MerryMom cheyi I feel ur pain cry

Genomi kindly send spreadsheet to me pls . chiewoh@yahoo.com. thanks dearie
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 5:55pm On Oct 22, 2014
Phema please no vex. Thanks for clearing the air.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 5:56pm On Oct 22, 2014
Abeg biko who knows about how BA treats pregnant women Fromm here o. I heard gist that they try to get in touch with the embassy to know if u told them u want to go and give birth. Also I hear they measure pregnancy at the airport now o, cos of people who give birth in transit
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by cccchin: 7:28pm On Oct 22, 2014
Hi guys pls am new here,pls I have a question cos am considering going to houston too.should I get an appointment from the hospital and attach to my visa application?this is my first time applying and hope is BI and B2 forms cos my hubby and kids would go with me.but mine like I read on yhis thread is medical reasons then my family for tourism.pls ope am write don't want to flop.thank u pple.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Lorlahbee: 8:03pm On Oct 22, 2014
Good evening ladies and gentlemen, please can anyone help with cheap hospitals in Dallas pleaseeeeee I need this info asap. Congrats Boney.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by seemorejoy: 8:05pm On Oct 22, 2014
@tenic how are you doing? Have you decide on any hospital yet
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by princessrbt: 8:26pm On Oct 22, 2014
Lorlahbee:
Good evening ladies and gentlemen, please can anyone help with cheap hospitals in Dallas pleaseeeeee I need this info asap. Congrats Boney.

JPS hospital has OB pack of $4500.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Aboaya: 8:33pm On Oct 22, 2014
@mimibe. Hi, how are you and the baby? I've been trying to get a hold of you. Sent you an email. I'm presently using Gwinnett and would like to make some clarifications. Please it's urgent!!! Kindly get back to me.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jyde2014: 8:44pm On Oct 22, 2014
Good evening all, pls is anyone flying Delta Airlines to Houston on saturday 25th October?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Lorlahbee: 9:02pm On Oct 22, 2014
@Princessrbt thanks so much for ur response, is the package for doctor and hospital fees?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tenic09(f): 9:15pm On Oct 22, 2014
Pattyreal...I thank God for his kindness..still in d hsp ooo but av done some tests and av repeated like 3 scans...waiting for a test result to come out tmr and I was told by d doc that I will stil be here till monday before they knw if I go home or not...though baby is fine according to scan just d spotting to go
pattyreal:

Sorry dear I 4got 2 ask how u r doin? I hope all is well now? Tk kia dear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tenic09(f): 9:30pm On Oct 22, 2014
Honestly I avnt....
seemorejoy:
@tenic how are you doing? Have you decide on any hospital yet
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 9:38pm On Oct 22, 2014
MamaTobenna:
Abeg biko who knows about how BA treats pregnant women Fromm here o. I heard gist that they try to get in touch with the embassy to know if u told them u want to go and give birth. Also I hear they measure pregnancy at the airport now o, cos of people who give birth in transit

This cannot be right. Informing the embassy is a personal choice, it really is not the business of the airline, their own business is to transport you, they are not visa officers.

How will it work anyway, is it when you are about to fly that they will call the embassy?

The one of measuring, they have every right to do that if they believe you are too far gone and past their limit but if you are within their limits, and u have your supporting letter from your doc, you should be good to go.

My 2 cents...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 9:48pm On Oct 22, 2014
Hi @damsel020. How was your trip back? Please I sent you a private message, I would like to ask a few questions about Dr Fagbohun, kindly check you mail box. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tenic09(f): 10:15pm On Oct 22, 2014
I need a followup on Dr fagbohun too pls
GenoMI:
Hi @damsel020. How was your trip back? Please I sent you a private message, I would like to ask a few questions about Dr Fagbohun, kindly check you mail box. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 10:23pm On Oct 22, 2014
Ok @tecnic09 don't worry, I will let you know all I find out about him. Or do you have specific questions?
tenic09:
I need a followup on Dr fagbohun too pls
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by adebrave(f): 11:03pm On Oct 22, 2014
Hello great people !
I'm a silent reader of this wonderful nairaland for years (as guest) but came across this thread in January before the tsunami ( as guest). But today, To God be all the glory I'm now a member lols. IV read and learn a lot on the procedures of giving birth to Americana baby tho I'm not married nor pregnant yet. May God bless everyone that has contributed in one way or the other. May we all have good stories to share from conception , visa interview, Poe ,delivery and successful trip back home in Jesus name. Amen. @Ademiju,@Uchetobi, @fabulousmum, @mamacajah, @nef,@varvara, @phema(CEO of burden of proof), @Genomi, @tvegas I dey hail ooo. Oga justwise kudos to u too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 11:03pm On Oct 22, 2014
Lorlahbee:

Antonio Asis Obgyn 2,345
hospital Denton Regional 3500.
my cuzin is there right now. I actually got the contact from this thread.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by damsel020: 11:26pm On Oct 22, 2014
All thanks to God and the great people of this thread. Am finally home with my son just 3weeks after birth. I used doctor fagbohun and I had a wonderful birthing experience at oakbend hospital.
Doctor bill= 1920
Initial vist= 150
Ultrasound =150
Lab work= 550
Pathology me and my baby= 63
Epidural = 850
Hospital fee = 2150

As for document, I got d birth certificate from Fort Bend County Richmond after a week for $23, got his passport at Houston passport agency and collected same day for $165, and applied for Nigeria visa which I received back d next day and zoom I changed my ticket and am off.
And for those having issues with delta airline and baby's ticket, I called them. them a week before departure to book baby's ticket and they told me $458, I gave them my card details to remove d fee, fortunately that was not done, on getting to d airport in Houston I was practically begging he lady to collect the money and she said am not owing that infant has been added to my ticket and dat I did myself online. I sha left for Atlanta o, when I got to the boarding gate they asked for my infant ticket, confusion starts, had to go back all the way to the help desk to clear d issue, those ones said am yet to pay, they called and told me am to pay $132.10 I thought I didn't hear well, I gave him d money all for him to tell me it's a mistake that my fee is $458, but I can go cos have been standing here for so long. I was jumping for d miracle, I met anoda naija mum there trying to also pay for baby's ticket, my people the woman no pay she was giving them different drama of no money, they delayed her but immediately d flight was ready to leave they released her, so dats anoda style.....Am willing to help any Houston bound mum with there questions, my little way of giving back to this wonderful family.

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 11:59pm On Oct 22, 2014
Hello @damsel020, welcome back to naija. Thank God for a smooth journey. How is your son ? grin

Please we the Houston bound mums that need your help are here o. Saw your reply and sent you an email. grin

damsel020:
All thanks to God and the great people of this thread. Am finally home with my son just 3weeks after birth. I used doctor fagbohun and I had a wonderful birthing experience at oakbend hospital.
.Am willing to help any Houston bound mum with there questions, my little way of giving back to this wonderful family.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 12:00am On Oct 23, 2014
Hello @adebrave, welcome to our thread, lol grin

adebrave:
Hello great people !
I'm a silent reader of this wonderful nairaland for years (as guest) but came across this thread in January before the tsunami ( as guest). But today

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 12:27am On Oct 23, 2014
Welcome home damsel020. Love your return journey and I key into it. I never knew I could change my return date once I complete all the babies documentation . Would love to come back as quickly as you did... lol. Pls rest well oh from the long hectic journey and give our love to baby and your family.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by damsel020: 12:27am On Oct 23, 2014
We are fine ooo? Recovering from all the stress
@ ur questions
1. I did not do his circumcision there cos I did not like my cousin own they did early this year. So am doing it tomorrow. But d price is included in what Dr fagbohun will send to u. I think it's $300
2. My mistake. I paid $234 for a 1 day stay at the hospital and I refused the hearing test, cos I see it as waste of money.
3. I stayed with my sister who lives there, but there is a lady I met that have a shared apartment she takes pregnant women and helps with transportation and feeding. And u can also ask Dr fagbohun guess he has accommodation for interested patients.

4. I spent a total of $300 on naija visa.

GenoMI:
Hello @damsel020, welcome back to naija. Thank God for a smooth journey. How is your son ? grin

Please we the Houston bound mums that need your help are here o grin. Can you kindly let us know:
1. How much you paid for circumcision?
2. You did not make mention of pediatrician fees. Please how much should we budget for this?
3. Can you please share information on getting suitable accommodation?
4. How much you paid for the Nigerian visa for your son?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by damsel020: 12:34am On Oct 23, 2014
Yea u can o, I did it for just $100. Thanks a lot dear for all d well wishes.

mamacajah:
Welcome home damsel020. Love your return journey and I key into it. I never knew I could change my return date once I complete all the babies documentation . Would love to come back as quickly as you did... lol. Pls rest well oh from the long hectic journey and give our love to baby and your family.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 12:42am On Oct 23, 2014
Thanks again @damsel020

1. Was is Dr. Fagbohun that did your cousins babys circumcision?

2. Do you remember how much the hearing test was incase of those that would like to do it?

3. Can you kindey help with the contact details of the accommodation lady you met?

Thanks soo much once again.

damsel020:
We are fine ooo? Recovering from all the stress
@ ur questions
1. I did not do his circumcision there cos I did not like my cousin own they did early this year. So am doing it tomorrow. But d price is included in what Dr fagbohun will send to u. I think it's $300
2. My mistake. I paid $234 for a 1 day stay at the hospital and I refused the hearing test, cos I see it as waste of money.
3. I stayed with my sister who lives there, but there is a lady I met that have a shared apartment she takes pregnant women and helps with transportation and feeding. And u can also ask Dr fagbohun guess he has accommodation for interested patients.

4. I spent a total of $300 on naija visa.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by damsel020: 12:51am On Oct 23, 2014
1. Not him, he has a ghanian doctor that is in charge of that.
2. Hearing test $135

3. Will send dat to u through via pm

GenoMI:
Thanks again @damsel020

1. Was is Dr. Fagbohun that did your cousins babys circumcision?

2. Do you remember how much the hearing test was incase of those that would like to do it?

3. Can you kindey help with the contact details of the accommodation lady you met?

Thanks soo much once again.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by adebrave(f): 5:04am On Oct 23, 2014
GenoMI:
Hello @adebrave, welcome to our thread, lol grin

Thanks Darling!

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.