Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,897 members, 7,798,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1377680 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jerryland: 12:29am On Dec 11, 2011
@Ajanlekoko, please what is your take on my post? Thank you in advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dancewith: 6:53am On Dec 11, 2011
jerryland:

Hello House, this forum has really been helpful. I have someone that is 29weeks and already in the States. She is looking for cost of an average cost that will not rob the bank for a C-section in Maryland. Any useful information including Hostpital names will be appreciated.

Your best bet is Sinai's hospital Baltimore but although it is the cheapest you will still pay around $17k, for all mum and baby's bills. You are in the wrong state if you are looking to save cost

Why C-section if I may ask?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shinatu: 11:47am On Dec 12, 2011
mamathrice:

Hello guys. Can you please advice me? I went to renew my visa and I was turned down. I went again a month later, and got turned down again. It was my fault. I lied when I got the visa that I wasn't pregnant. well, i was and I had a baby in the US. Now, it keeps coming up that I lied. Both times, I told them that I didn't know I was pregnant but they didn't believe me. My people are telling me to try again for the third time, and this time, to tell the truth and say I'm sorry I lied. Will it make any difference? Or will I just get turned down again and permanently blacklisted?

How did they know you had a baby in the US?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by WAVixen: 2:25pm On Dec 12, 2011
Some times when you apply and state you are travelling with kids. You will have to declare where they will born or nationality I guess. From there you are asked to produce your medical bills.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shinatu: 11:01am On Dec 14, 2011
^^^^^^I guess so too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tpia5: 2:45am On Dec 19, 2011
Paying $12 -$17 grand cash down seems like a lot of dough to me but people have money to spend i suppose.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by AjanleKoko: 3:23pm On Dec 19, 2011
tpia@:

Paying $12 -$17 grand cash down seems like a lot of dough to me but people have money to spend i suppose.

It's well worth the money, when you look at it. $12-17k is not that much money. Essentially, that's probably what average Americans pay to have their babies. Maybe even more, since insurance picks up the tab.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tpia5: 2:10am On Dec 21, 2011
AjanleKoko:

It's well worth the money, when you look at it.

obviously, people feel it is.

$12-17k is not that much money.

if you knew how people are being affected by this recession. . . . . . . . . . . .

even in a booming economy, $12-&17k is good money oh. That can pay rent for a year on an average apartment.

Essentially, that's probably what average Americans pay to have their babies. Maybe even more, since insurance picks up the tab.

very few americans can afford to pay that kind of money to have a baby.

without insurance, its very difficult.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by olaD3: 7:10am On Dec 21, 2011
Abeg paris10 spill it, you will be saving a life, Am sick and tired of searching for reasonable prices to get my plans all together,

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by paris10: 1:50am On Dec 23, 2011
dancewith:

Chances are what you know holds little reality. And this most Nigerians already know. The path of being included on someone's insurance has little chance of success now. Maybe I am wrong, so lets hear it and critique it

Instead of you politely asking me to reveal what I know and what has saved hundreds of our people from unnecessary hardship and trouble, you went ahead in saying the highlighted sentences. Na wa for our people sha

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by paris10: 1:54am On Dec 23, 2011
ola-D:

Abeg paris10 spill it, you will be saving a life, Am sick and tired of searching for reasonable prices to get my plans all together,

Thanks

@ola-D, don't worry jare, I'll spill it out jare. Let me rest first. I'll be back
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by WAVixen: 5:30pm On Dec 23, 2011
I eagerly await this holy grail
of information!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by halle2: 2:18am On Dec 24, 2011
@paris10,
Thanks for d info, but won't dis free medicals affect one's future visa renewal application? In my search for hospitals n a doctor here in houston I was able to get an appointment wt Harris county hospital district and I did an OB screening, I simply told them I was ready to pay cash for everything even when they suggested I apply for aid, I told them I am a visitor and am not qualified for such aid. The OB screening was free though
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 8:51am On Dec 24, 2011
paris10:

Did you just delete my post @justwise?

That got nothing to do with me, the sys blocked your post. Whoever wants to read it should visit your profile.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by imperiouxx(m): 9:34am On Dec 24, 2011
^^^ sure, thats the work of auto antispam not justwise. It has happened to me several times even recently and during the process, you will be blocked from posting for some hours.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by worry246(m): 9:37am On Dec 24, 2011
paris10
Thank you for posting that loop hole that can be mis-used by Nigerians.
State governments are being updated to notify all hospitals to monitor applications.
The loophole is being closed to all Nigerian applicants.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tollu: 12:34pm On Dec 24, 2011
Biko delete am.
Selfishness is important when it comes to yankee and Nigerians. Next thing you know, the route is abused.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tollu: 12:49pm On Dec 24, 2011
I won't lie, NL has been helpful in so many situations but when it comes to things like this, it's better to be coded.
You can share with people but not on this large a scale.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by paris10: 12:51pm On Dec 24, 2011
justwise:

That got nothing to do with me, the sys blocked your post. Whoever wants to read it should visit your profile.

@justwise, I tried deleting the post in my profile but couldn't. Can you help me on this pls?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by paris10: 12:52pm On Dec 24, 2011
tollu link=topic=617280.msg9827615#msg9827615 datte=1324727366:

I won't lie, NL has been helpful in so many situations but when it comes to things like this, it's better to be coded.

Once again, you've judged correctly. Don't mind me and my open heart. Won't do it again
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 1:01pm On Dec 24, 2011
paris10:

@justwise, I tried deleting the post in my profile but couldn't. Can you help me on this pls?

Neither can i, the system tagged it already, though the supper-Mod or Seun can, i suggest you call their attention to it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 1:05pm On Dec 24, 2011
tollu:

That is the issue, some Nigerians will always abuse any generous system making it difficult for people who genuinely need it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by paris10: 1:10pm On Dec 24, 2011
@Dis guy, pls I need to delete a post tagged and in my profile. And how can I have Mr Seun Sewa to delete it if you can't. Pls this is very important.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 1:21pm On Dec 24, 2011
paris10:

@Dis guy, pls I need to delete a post tagged and in my profile. And how can I have Mr Seun Sewa to delete it if you can't. Pls this is very important.

Only Seun or Mukina2 has the privilege to untagged any post tagged by auto antispam only then can that post be deleted.

By the way, i thought u said the whole process is legit that there is nothing illegal about it? Why are you worried if its public knowledge?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by paris10: 1:46pm On Dec 24, 2011
justwise:

Only Seun or Mukina2 has the privilege to untagged any post tagged by  auto antispam only then can that post be deleted.

By the way, i thought u said the whole process is legit that there is nothing illegal about it?  Why are you worried if its public knowledge?

I'm not worried. Like @tollu said, I don't want Nigerians to misuse this program and make it difficult for those in real need. The program is legit and saves lives. By the way, how do I get Mukina or Seun. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jerryland: 5:47pm On Jan 01, 2012
Hello House, happy new year to you all. Is it true that after birth in the US, your baby mush be up to 2 months old before he/she can leave/Travel out of the US?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by WAVixen: 3:29pm On Jan 02, 2012
The truth is, experience is the best teacher! Having read the post of how to deliver without next to nothing in the USA.
It will be interesting to read from anyone who delivered under the said programme and had their visa's renewed.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by paris10: 4:04am On Jan 03, 2012
*Pls Note: The info I gave out was intended only for people who are staying behind in the states. If you are on a Visa and intend to leave the states after few weeks or months of given birth, you will be liable to pay all medical bills.

Also, your re-entering to the States would be made difficult, and in most cases your visa would be cancelled if you did not pay all medical bills.

Solution: You either stay behind in the states after having your baby and be part of the community or don't come at all except you have your money.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shinatu: 11:58pm On Jan 04, 2012
jerryland:

Hello House, happy new year to you all. Is it true that after birth in the US, your baby mush be up to 2 months old before he/she can leave/Travel out of the US?

No, it is not true
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by AjanleKoko: 9:22pm On Jan 06, 2012
paris10:

*Pls Note: The info I gave out was intended only for people who are staying behind in the states. If you are on a Visa and intend to leave the states after few weeks or months of given birth, you will be liable to pay all medical bills.

Also, your re-entering to the States would be made difficult, and in most cases your visa would be cancelled if you did not pay all medical bills.

Solution: You either stay behind in the states after having your baby and be part of the community or don't come at all except you have your money.

Then it's not a solution.
Most Nigerians who go to public hospitals in the US to give birth usually get some sort of Medicaid assistance pitch anyways. In fact, most times you don't have to pay anything if you like.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.