Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,760 members, 7,806,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1378723 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lisamarris(f): 10:37am On Oct 29, 2014
Meeracle:
@bloggerina I didn't get the pm...thank u

hi meeracle.pls how did u get ur apatment.thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 10:45am On Oct 29, 2014
forevermine:
Hello everyone. So i'll start by saying this thread is one of the best on NL. Kudos to the forerunners and all those presently keeping it alive. Not a day passes by without me peeping in.
I'm not really new on the thread. My first post was sometime in August last year. Made plans to travel but lost the pregnancy in 1st trimester. God has been merciful to me and now I'm pregnant again. I've set the ball rolling for my plans to have my babies in US next year. I have a jotter with info I kept since last year, but pls from time to time I may ask for some clarification.
May God honor the desires of our hearts and be with you all. Cheers!

Congrats dearie! And I see 'Babies' God has given you double for your trouble. I lost mine at 27 weeks, the day I was leaving for US to deliver them, and I tap into your anointing! I bless God for you, and these ones will come and stay and will bury you at your ripe old age! IJN!

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mrsmo: 11:35am On Oct 29, 2014
nefertitiram:

My cousin in chicago I was going to stay with when I was preggers stressed I shouldn't come in through chicago dat they gave a lot of her pregnant friends issues but I should go through new york.
I think chicago is a haven for pregnant women because they have mother baby friendly packages that are very affordable or payment free, so that's why they stress people, thinking you want to come and take advantage of their system. As for NY, u must be a multimillionaire to consider birthing there o!

Hi. I really want to know where in Chicago they have this mother friendly packages that are very affordable. Because the quotes i have received so far from the doctors and hospital in Illinois is for multimillionaires. (lol).

First quote
Hospital (Govt): 4,000 USD and 2500 USD per day u stay in the hospital after delivery
Doctor: 9,000 USD

Second
Doctor: 5,500 USD to cover tests and scan. excluding circumcision
Hospital (private): 25,000 USD

The doctor only take patients to the private hospital.

So am really interested in this mother friendly affordable packages.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 29, 2014
^^^ Those mother friendly packages are most times for Residents and Citizens.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 11:44am On Oct 29, 2014
Ok so my Neighbor's wife was just sent back from Chicago POE. She left on Monday night with Lufhtansa, only for me to just see her driving out this morning. So it was her hubby that gave us the gist.

So she got her visa when she wasn't pregnant yet. So when she got to POE, she declared her intention of coming to give birth. They asked her why she didn't tell the embassy when she was interview , she said because sh wasn't preggers then. They wanted to go on vacation. So when she found out she was preggers, she decided to use it for birthing purpose. The officer was like, "so when you changed your mind, did you try to inform the embassy of the change in plans? She said 'no'. And that was I to. She had 9000$ plus money in her card o. Na so them package am o back to NAija o. I'm so scared right now coz na Chicago be my POE. See me thinking Chicago is a stress free POE. Anyway, just wanted to share this sha.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 11:52am On Oct 29, 2014
Soo soo painful, it wouldn't have really coost her anything to send them that e-mail about change in plans and get the standard reply which she could have easily printed out and showed them at the POE. Is she going to try to go back? sad

malory84:
Ok so my Neighbor's wife was just sent back from Chicago POE. She left on Monday night with Lufhtansa, only for me to just see her driving out this morning. So it was her hubby that gave us the gist.
So she got her visa when she wasn't pregnant yet. So when she got to POE, she declared her intention of coming to give birth. They asked her why she didn't tell the embassy when she was interview , she said because sh wasn't preggers then. They wanted to go on vacation. So when she found out she was preggers, she decided to use it for birthing purpose. The officer was like, "so when you changed your mind, did you try to inform the embassy of the change in plans? She said 'no'. And that was I to. She had 9000$ plus money in her card o. Na so them package am o back to NAija o. I'm so scared right now coz na Chicago be my POE. See me thinking Chicago is a stress free POE. Anyway, just wanted to share this sha.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 12:03pm On Oct 29, 2014
mrsmo:

Hi. I really want to know where in Chicago they have this mother friendly packages that are very affordable. Because the quotes i have received so far from the doctors and hospital in Illinois is for multimillionaires. (lol).

First quote
Hospital (Govt): 4,000 USD and 2500 USD per day u stay in the hospital after delivery
Doctor: 9,000 USD

Second
Doctor: 5,500 USD to cover tests and scan. excluding circumcision
Hospital (private): 25,000 USD

The doctor only take patients to the private hospital.

So am really interested in this mother friendly affordable packages.

It's mostly for citizens! I am heading to chicago today, so I will most def shop for cheap delivery options while I am there, will need the info for my next pregnancy, so I will share with the house!
I am sure it is not all that expensive everywhere in chicago jare!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 12:04pm On Oct 29, 2014
GenoMI, that's true. don't think she knew that could be done. And she's the type that doesn't relate with people. her hubby n mine are friends. infact na d day she comot I hear say she dey go born. If we were close, i would have definitely told her. Her hubby was so shocked wen I showed him d email I sent to d embassy n d response. Her visa was revoked, so I don't think they have any plans to re apply.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 12:06pm On Oct 29, 2014
GenoMI:
Soo soo painful, it wouldn't have really coost her anything to send them that e-mail about change in plans and get the standard reply which she could have easily printed out and showed them at the POE. Is she going to try to go back? sad

I heard about that Chicago POE wahala, they are very paranoid, but fear not! Just go with confidence or if you are so scared change your POE to Boston (another millionaire state) so they may not give issues there
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 12:17pm On Oct 29, 2014
Chei, if only she had opened up to you oooo!!! sad

malory84:
GenoMI, that's true. don't think she knew that could be done. And she's the type that doesn't relate with people. her hubby n mine are friends. infact na d day she comot I hear say she dey go born. If we were close, i would have definitely told her. Her hubby was so shocked wen I showed him d email I sent to d embassy n d response. Her visa was revoked, so I don't think they have any plans to re apply.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 12:18pm On Oct 29, 2014
I'm actually even going through Atlanta but will definitely be armed with the e-mail correspondence with the embassy (I got my visa through drop-box) grin I can't shout biko

nefertitiram:

I heard about that Chicago POE wahala, they are very paranoid, but fear not! Just go with confidence or if you are so scared change your POE to Boston (another millionaire state) so they may not give issues there
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Web005: 12:33pm On Oct 29, 2014
Hello everyone, want to share my POE experience which was Houston! Honestly post from here got me really scared of Houston but I had no choice because hubby n I wanted a direct flight so I decided to do the best thing. Cast everything into God's hand and let his will be done! Simple.
Left lagos Monday night, funny enough I was given priority as a preggie in our own MM airport!
Our flight got in 30mins early so we had to sit in the plane till 5:00am cos that is when immigration resumes. Fast forward to immigration desk......
Officer: hello
Me: morning (gave her my passport)
Officer: May I know why you are here?
Me: to have my baby
Officer: which hospital are you using?
Me: west Houston medical center
Officer: what do u do in nigeria
Me: I answered
Officer: when was your last visit to USA?
Me: Christmas last year
Officer: how much do u have on u?
Me: $4000.
Officer: ok (took my thumbprints n picture and asked me to go for secondary inspection)

At secondary inspection........there were a lot of us from different countries though cos a lot of planes came in at that time, when it was my turn
Officer: hello, y are u here?
Me: to have my baby
Officer: do u have correspondence with your doc?
Me: yes, so I brought out my burden of proof file and gave him dr la's letter showing I had made full payment ahead, also gave him receipt from WHMC showing payment.
Then he saw d next document in my file had us embassy logo so he asked to see it,
I then explained I sent a mail to the embassy stating my intention.
Officer : ok that's fine, how much do you have on u?
Me: $4000
Officer: can I go through the rest of d doc in ur file?
Me : sure! So he went through saw several email correspondence with dr la's office.
Officer: when did u get pregnant?
Me: told him, my guess was he wanted to check with when I applied for visa
Officer: ok lemme c ur cash, showed him then he stamped me in for 6 months,
Officer: please come along with all ur receipts the next time you come to us.
Me: ok thank you
Inside me I was dancing but they couldn't telllllllllll.
Next stop went to declare my food stuff, the officer I met just asked what I had inside, I replied Nigerian food items,
Officer: do I have egusi, ogbono, meat, suya?
Me: I Dnt have egusi meat or suya but I have ogbono and dry fish with pepper soup ingredient.
Officer: ok that's fine, she scanned the bag
I noticed the white couple in front of me, they opened their boxes to be checked after scanning so I asked, should I open the box,
Officer: Not necessary, you can go ma'am!

God is so so so so faithful

Meanwhile, I also had my indomine, Elubo, gari, groundnut, Maggi and dry pepper!

So my people "fear houston POE not" and commit all to God!

Sorry for the long epistle, had to share.

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Kween2014: 12:46pm On Oct 29, 2014
@ Web005, thank God for ur stress free entry. I'm also using WHMC and Dr La. I've had 2 appointments with him and my third is today. It's been fantastic all the way. Hope to jam you one of these days. All the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mrsmo: 1:06pm On Oct 29, 2014
nefertitiram:

It's mostly for citizens! I am heading to chicago today, so I will most def shop for cheap delivery options while I am there, will need the info for my next pregnancy, so I will share with the house!
I am sure it is not all that expensive everywhere in chicago jare!

Okay.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 29, 2014
The truth is, even the worst PoE will not send anyone who has done her due diligence back. The worst you will get from them will be ill treatment and an annoying delay (reason, i personally will not go through Houston or the likes. I can't afford to be put through so much stress after such a long trip and in my condition)

Let us all please do the needful. If you got your visa before being preggy, please send an email to the Consulate. Go with the email, your hospital documents and good cash/reciept of prepaid bills. Let your story be straightforward and believable.

I even had to inform the Embassy that I won't be going to Texas again and will be going to Phoenix instead. Gave my reasons and they replied and said it wasn't a problem at all. I knew it was legal to change destination, but just wanted to cross all "Ts" and dot all "Is".

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 1:24pm On Oct 29, 2014
raii:
Most people are saying I shouldnt have told d VO dat m preggers n want to born in US. I jst confuse all of a sudden. Was even about to go pay another fee. Id take time to read other people's experience cos all these is smehow.

Ma sis dn't believe all dose peeps. Dats d same tin I was told bt I went wit nairaland policy. Immediatly I approached d VO she asked if I was goin 4 childbirth & dat was it. D truth will always prevail. Most of dese peeps dat hv POE issues I was told dat dey didn't declare deir intentions @ d embassy. Ma neighbour travelled on sun & came bck on mon! Reason: she didn't tell dem it was birth. She further lied dat she just added a few pounds compared 2 d last time she visited dat was wen her trouble started.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 29, 2014
pattyreal:
Ma sis dn't believe all dose peeps. Dats d same tin I was told bt I went wit nairaland policy. Immediatly I approached d VO she asked if I was goin 4 childbirth & dat was it. D truth will always prevail. Most of dese peeps dat hv POE issues I was told dat dey didn't declare deir intentions @ d embassy. Ma neighbour travelled on sun & came bck on mon! Reason: she didn't tell dem it was birth. She further lied dat she just added a few pounds compared 2 d last time she visited dat was wen her trouble started.

Lol. People are just funny. So she didn't know they could easily do a PT for her?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 1:36pm On Oct 29, 2014
@Phema, ahan. *straight face
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 29, 2014
MerryMom:
@Phema, ahan. *straight face

Ogini? grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 1:41pm On Oct 29, 2014
@Phema, be nice joooooor. grin

Even if people didn't declare and faced issues at POE, deportation is a big punishment. Cry small and show sympathy for them grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 1:42pm On Oct 29, 2014
Hello peeps. please can i get the email add for Dr. Jeanie Huynh and the email add for the embassy to inform them of change of intent. with the neigbour story i think i need to do it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 29, 2014
MerryMom:
@Phema, be nice joooooor. grin

Even if people didn't declare and faced issues at POE, deportation is a big punishment. Cry small and show sympathy for them grin

No na. I wasn't laughing at the deportation story jor. That na serious matter. Na the "added a few pounds since the last time" statement make me laff small. Talk true say you sef no giggle. . . tongue
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Lotalways: 2:02pm On Oct 29, 2014
Airpure:
Hello peeps. please can i get the email add for Dr. Jeanie Huynh and the email add for the embassy to inform them of change of intent. with the neigbour story i think i need to do it.

obgynh@yahoo.com -Dr. Jeanie Huynh

LagosNIV@state.gov – Lagos Embassy

ConsularAbuja@state.gov – Abuja Embassy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 2:03pm On Oct 29, 2014
Lotalways:

Thankssssss kiss
Lotalways:

Thankssssss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Meeracle: 2:36pm On Oct 29, 2014
@ lisamarris a friend here went online and sent me a list of apartment close to the hospital...so I called them and showed my intres...when I got here I paid.,,it's 800dollars per month..i have my own washer and dryer..5dollar cab to the hospital..you can walk to shops like target,tjmax ...walk to Rccg and 5dollar cab to walmat...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fehinebony(f): 2:38pm On Oct 29, 2014
raii:
Hubs and mom have gingered me to reapply but I just want to sleep. Se I can reapply immediately abi?
Sorry about ur refusal, you can reapply at anytime, my Dh was denied at Lagos embassy despite his numerous travel experience and reapplied 4 days after, his number was called at the same cubicle he was denied, when he got to the VO's cubicle he told him right away he was there last week and he was refused by him for No tangible reason,the VO looked surprised and asked him to go sit down that his number will be called again, his passport was passed to the next VO and the first question he asked was why where you refused? My Dh told him to find out from him colleague. Dh got his visa that day. Don't be discouraged dear, reapply asap, with God on your side, you ll get it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lisamarris(f): 2:58pm On Oct 29, 2014
Meeracle:
@ lisamarris a friend here went online and sent me a list of apartment close to the hospital...so I called them and showed my intres...when I got here I paid.,,it's 800dollars per month..i have my own washer and dryer..5dollar cab to the hospital..you can walk to shops like target,tjmax ...walk to Rccg and 5dollar cab to walmat...

meeracle pls can you send me an email. Myself and some friends need help with accomodation.my email addy is eseoboh@yahoo.com.thank you.
I will be happy if you include details of your apartment also and the list of apartments your friend sent to you. thanks again.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Virtuousdiva: 3:51pm On Oct 29, 2014
@nefertitiram sent you a pm.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 29, 2014
Lotalways:

thanks everyone, l am in my 1st trimester but can l inform the embassy now or wait till second or last trimester. thanks and God bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 6:15pm On Oct 29, 2014
Phema:

No na. I wasn't laughing at the deportation story jor. That na serious matter. Na the "added a few pounds since the last time" statement make me laff small. Talk true say you sef no giggle. . . tongue

I giggle no be small...

So this Chicago business...a friend of mine was delayed fr about 2 hours at Chicago, but she was eventually let in mainly because of the letter from the embassy.

I suspect that what is happening is that the POE guys are getting used to seeing that letter, so the person whey no get am, it will now be as if the person is hiding stuff. Meanwhile the letter is said to be optional, and there is no obligation to tell them blah blah...better safe than sorry.

Even the people that got the visa specifically for childbirth, it wont hurt to still get the letter.

nefertitiram:

I heard about ....

Hello! Good to see you on here again, I thought about you a couple of days ago *hugs*
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 29, 2014
anonymousmum:
Even the people that got the visa specifically for childbirth, it wont hurt to still get the letter.

Now that you said that. . . *scratches head*. . .

Nna na wa oooo, plenty loop holes to block. sad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 6:46pm On Oct 29, 2014
Phema:

Now that you said that. . . *scratches head*. . .
Nna na wa oooo, plenty loop holes to block. sad

to be fair, it seems like overdo, but like you said, to block all loopholes.

My intention is to treat POE like another visa interview and carry all the usual docs...maybe not weding album sha grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.