Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:46 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1374091 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 12:40pm On Oct 30, 2014
Babe16:
Hello everyone. Please I need a quick change from doctores to Houston pls. My interview is Wednesday. Pls can someone just give me details of WHMC and a doctor I can use. I need to use it for d interview. Tanx.
The below all use WHMC and have offices is same Richmond avenue. Dr La is very expensive but from feedbacks, hes the best. Rizik is equally good, experinced old doc and moderately affordable while jeanie huyuh is cheapest at $2000(for either CS or normaly delivery)

Dr La

Dr Jeanie Huynh
obgynh@yahoo.com
+1 2814971177
12121 Richmond Ave., Suite 403
Houston, TX 77082

Dr Magdy W. Rizk M.D.
mwrizkmd@yahoo.com
Phone: 281-870-9600
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babe16: 12:54pm On Oct 30, 2014
@PrinceAdeAde Tanx. So once I call dem will dey book an appointment for me and also send a breakdown of the cost of d hospital and everything immediately? Tanx once again.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bloggerina: 12:58pm On Oct 30, 2014
All these POE stories are just making me weak mhen. After all the planning, savings, arrangements, its really painful when people are sent back. I pray all intending mamas enter easily & smoothly henceforth and all visa reapplies granted.

Pls we need some goodnews on this thread again. Births, visas, succesful entry etc.

How are the nairaland babies doing sef? Mihs pple, elpaso pple, Oakbend pple, WHMC pple - una neva born? Phema & co - una neva go? Nerfertiti, Bomly, Imo007 - how are you doing? All the pple dat chopped the Delta awoof ticket finish - una neva use am?

Regards to everyone sha.
Cheers

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 12:59pm On Oct 30, 2014
Even with a connecting flight, your POE is your POE. If you were going to houston on Delta for example, your POE is Atlanta, if Atlanta was a horrible POE, you'd experience the same thing!
Remember that the POE is your entrance to the US so if the officials feel that you're not qualified to come in, they will send you back!

I've had issues at several POE's (not as a preggy though) and they happily disregarded my connecting flight. They just told me to tel the airline I was delayed by immigration. One time I had to sleep at the Atlanta airport cos all the connecting flights were done for the day by the time they let me out.

[quote author=PrinceAdeAde post=27578640]@shelly23,

I hear you but I would really be interested if any one with a connecting flight can share their experiences as the ones I have seen so far on this forum are experiences of final stop POE.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 1:06pm On Oct 30, 2014
shocked shocked shocked

So what they asked you to login to your internet banking portal? Or what exactly? Looked through your e-mails/texts? This is really terrible behavior from these people.

Meeracle:
Everything is just God...I came in with air France from abuja Paris And I was the only pregnant mama ...I met 4 pregnat mamas that landed since morning about to be sent back..the POE also read nairaland..I told them I knew the dr tru nairaland...they said where we talk about how to hide our pregnancy from them...they checked my phone too to see my account if I took a lone because me and hubby's money was much put together..

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 1:07pm On Oct 30, 2014
@Babe16
Nope, appointment is not straightforward for docs using WHMC
Dr la and rizik would need some deposit to book appointment but dr huyuh does not however she would request for all your tests results and medical records before accepting you as a patient

if your visa interview date is that close, i would suggest you try dr fagbohun in richmmond(about 30 mins from houston i hear) and he uses oakBend medical center. You can email hime on fagbohunmd@yahoo.com and he would respond with the overall delivery costs. He doesn't issue appointment as he says that with his years of experince,only an email correspondence is required

Also see dr la contact info below. didnt send it earlier
Dr La
Address: 12121 Richmond Avenue Suite 315 Houston, Texas 77082 (Map)
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday by appointment only.
Phone: 281-589-0156
Fax: 281-589-7792
Email: info@doctorla.com (Please use this as a means for administrative purposes only.)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babe16: 1:18pm On Oct 30, 2014
@PrinceAdeAde Tanx so much. I guess I would go with Dr Fagbohun den. Cos my interview is on Wednesday and I need a correspondence fast. Tanx.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by aye88: 1:28pm On Oct 30, 2014
Hello all, so I told a friend who is travelling this month to have her baby to write a letter to the embassy. She has a b1/b2 visa which she used early this year to travel. Told her to write a letter as advised by this tread that she intends to use the visa for childbirth. According to her, she said she sent a mail to the Abuja email address stating " I have a valid b1/b2 us visa which I used earlier this year. I'm newly married now and intend to have my baby in the us. Do I apply for anothe r visa or can I used the same one for childbirth purpose". She told me she sent that and they replied that she should send her passport no. Now she is scared ooooo. I told her to wait while I find out from the gurus here. Note she wasn't even married or pregnant when she got the visa
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 30, 2014
aye88:
Hello all, so I told a friend who is travelling this month to have her baby to write a letter to the embassy. She has a b1/b2 visa which she used early this year to travel. Told her to write a letter as advised by this tread that she intends to use the visa for childbirth. According to her, she said she sent a mail to the Abuja email address stating " I have a valid b1/b2 us visa which I used earlier this year. I'm newly married now and intend to have my baby in the us. Do I apply for anothe r visa or can I used the same one for childbirth purpose". She told me she sent that and they replied that she should send her passport no. Now she is scared ooooo. I told her to wait while I find out from the gurus here. Note she wasn't even married or pregnant when she got the visa

Was she pregnant when she went for her Interview?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 1:33pm On Oct 30, 2014
bloggerina:
All these POE stories are just making me weak mhen. After all the planning, savings, arrangements, its really painful when people are sent back. I pray all intending mamas enter easily & smoothly henceforth and all visa reapplies granted.

Pls we need some goodnews on this thread again. Births, visas, succesful entry etc.

How are the nairaland babies doing sef? Mihs pple, elpaso pple, Oakbend pple, WHMC pple - una neva born? Phema & co - una neva go? Nerfertiti, Bomly, Imo007 - how are you doing? All the pple dat chopped the Delta awoof ticket finish - una neva use am?

Regards to everyone sha.
Cheers

Quick question mama. Folks are saying I should apply wit my hubby esp since I was denied. Is it mandatory.I just want him to be a sponsor. Then how do I arrange our accounts if he acts as spinsor cos our accts are in joint names.

Ema binu o. another question sebi is tourism/medical visa I shd apply for cos my friends were like I shd have put vacation visa
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kykes: 1:36pm On Oct 30, 2014
Babe16:
Hello everyone. Please I need a quick change from doctores to Houston pls. My interview is Wednesday. Pls can someone just give me details of WHMC and a doctor I can use. I need to use it for d interview. Tanx.

What's ur email addy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Neoski: 1:37pm On Oct 30, 2014
Please is anyone interested in doctores para ti,I am planning to travel by January pls contact me if you are interested in planning with someone.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 30, 2014
bloggerina:
Phema & co - una neva go?

I never go ooo. Leaving in a few weeks. Thanks for checking on me Ma'am. kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 1:52pm On Oct 30, 2014
N
aye88:
Hello all, so I told a friend who is travelling this month to have her baby to write a letter to the embassy. She has a b1/b2 visa which she used early this year to travel. Told her to write a letter as advised by this tread that she intends to use the visa for childbirth. According to her, she said she sent a mail to the Abuja email address stating " I have a valid b1/b2 us visa which I used earlier this year. I'm newly married now and intend to have my baby in the us. Do I apply for a
nothe r visa or can I used the same one for childbirth purpose". She told me she sent that and they replied that she should send her passport no. Now she is scared ooooo. I told her to wait while I find out from the gurus here. Note she wasn't even married or pregnant when she got the visa
. I am not comfortable with the passport number they are asking for o. Let her write to Lagos embassy biko. I wrote to lAgos embassy and they didn't ask for my passport number
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by aye88: 1:54pm On Oct 30, 2014
Phema:

Was she pregnant when she went for her Interview?

Not at all. She want even married then neither was she pregnant.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 2:01pm On Oct 30, 2014
Babe16:
@PrinceAdeAde Tanx so much. I guess I would go with Dr Fagbohun den. Cos my interview is on Wednesday and I need a correspondence fast. Tanx.

Sister i would advice you try Dr La sha. personal opinion....... You can easliy book an appointment and get your copy of the details within 2 days.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Flowers: 2:09pm On Oct 30, 2014
I think there is an increase in the number of people going to the US now and using Houston POE since this thread has been discoverd and its getting to them like the letter from doctores para ti is irritating the V0s and so they just use any excuse to send people back. They have even heard of nairaland?? With this awoof ticket many preggos will still be heading there so na to just declare prayer and fasting

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 30, 2014
aye88:
Not at all. She want even married then neither was she pregnant.

No worries then. Let her send her passport number. I'm sure they just want to confirm if she's telling the truth before giving her the "go ahead" email.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 2:12pm On Oct 30, 2014
I am not comfortable with the passport number they are asking for o. Let her write to Lagos embassy biko. I wrote to lAgos embassy and they didn't ask for my passport number

Without her passport number i believe updates may not be properly made on her visa, its a risk i think is wise to take especially in this time of POE returns and cruelty. God help us all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Meeracle: 2:14pm On Oct 30, 2014
@Genomi my e mail and text to see my bal
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 2:29pm On Oct 30, 2014
Hmmmm na wa ooo!

Meeracle:
@Genomi my e mail and text to see my bal
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 2:29pm On Oct 30, 2014
I quoted my passport number in the e-mail I sent them and I got the standard reply (both Lagos and Abuja)

MadameU:
I am not comfortable with the passport number they are asking for o. Let her write to Lagos embassy biko. I wrote to lAgos embassy and they didn't ask for my passport number

Without her passport number i believe updates may not be properly made on her visa, its a risk i think is wise to take especially in this time of POE returns and cruelty. God help us all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shagaman: 2:38pm On Oct 30, 2014
@aye88 tell your friend to send the passport number ,my wife sent he embassy a mail she even included her passport number without being asked and was sent the letter so no need to fear.....

yo nyone who has travelled using delta ,if Atlanta is your POE ,how is the POE there or should one just fly to new york and go to hoston from new york am tired of all this hoston POE experience,its frightening.

To thos that chopped the awoof you guys are enjoying .....vexing seriously for missing the awoof
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 2:39pm On Oct 30, 2014
aye88:

She has to send her passport number na. How will they verify what she is saying? Their response may seem standard but they do check. I'm sure we remember the lady who lied about her pregnancy at the interview, then later wrote letter to them, and her visa was cancelled. THey musta checked to be able to detect what happened.

For me I put passport number, visa control number self.

Perhaps she should also include her marriage certificate to indicate that she actually just got married and got pregnant.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Virtuousdiva: 2:42pm On Oct 30, 2014
If someone asks you how you knew of so and so dr or hospital at the point of entry,Is it not better to say,I did my research than saying i got it from nairaland. No offence meant,just wondering because these people don't even know how we help each other here and for them when they hear nairaland,it's like an association that teaches people how to hide pregnancy and do sneaky stuff.For those who are yet to travel,please oooo,don't allow these people intimidate you.Sometimes we get all shaky and start mumbling.Remember all the planning it took you,pray and be composed. kiss

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by beautyx5: 3:04pm On Oct 30, 2014
PrinceAdeAde:

@Neoski,

I would advise you apply alone to prove strong ties with home country with your hubby staying back coz if you apply together and based on the information you are limited to provide on the DS-160 form(from which majority of visa decisions are made), the VO may be tempted to think that you, ur hubby traveling for 1st child that you guys wouldn't be coming back. He can apply after you have been issued a visa to state he wants to support you during and after delivery

Note that are also cases that the visas are granted without issues thus this advice is not absolute. am also talking from experience coz my family was denied. I do not belive you would have POE issues if he is granted and could not make it as travel plans changes but you may want to hold some form of documented evidences to validate these changes to minimize the risk of the POE immigrant harassment

Hello PrinceAdeAde and Neoski,

I had my interview with my hubby in September using Doctoresparati and we were granted. Strong ties depends on what the VO is looking out for. But if you have landed property documents or shares and letters from your jobs if you are working amongst other burden of proof, i think you will be fine.

Cheers!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bloggerina: 3:13pm On Oct 30, 2014
Hello Meeracle, pls can you send me a PM? I've treid sending you one severally but it doesn't seem to be working please.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 3:19pm On Oct 30, 2014
If someone asks you how you knew of so and so dr or hospital at the point of entry,Is it not better to say,I did my research than saying i got it from nairaland.

VirtousDiva infact you have hit the nail on the head cos ive been trying to hold back my comment on the Nairaland calling portion of that comment; haba people lets not put the searchlites on a forum that should be ''our thing''.......... so far this forum has helped tonnes of people........ These contacts you get hear did not fall from the skies o someone somewhere bothered enough to research it out.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Neoski: 3:34pm On Oct 30, 2014
@virtousDiva hi,are u traveling around January
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 3:37pm On Oct 30, 2014
beautyx5:

Hello PrinceAdeAde and Neoski,

I had my interview with my hubby in September using Doctoresparati and we were granted. Strong ties depends on what the VO is looking out for. But if you have landed property documents or shares and letters from your jobs if you are working amongst other burden of proof, i think you will be fine.
Cheers!

@Beauty,
You are absolutely correct but note I stressed this in my earlier statment that <b> "there are also cases that the visas are granted without issues thus this advice is not absolute" </b> and also i mentioned that majority of the VOs use the information on the application forms and the interview as they are trained to do so. requesting for additional documents to back up your cases is not a giving but may be requested of you notwithstanding so the best option is to present you application in such that on the merit of the application alone, it does show strong ties to your home country
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by belfy(f): 3:40pm On Oct 30, 2014
[quote author=aye88 post=27580096]Hello all, so I told a friend who is travelling this month to have her baby to write a letter to the embassy. She has a b1/b2 visa which she used early this year to travel. Told her to write a letter as advised by this tread that she intends to use the visa for childbirth. According to her, she said she sent a mail to the Abuja email address stating " I have a valid b1/b2 us visa
@Aye88.usually when u send the embassy an email you are supposed to quote ur passport number.am sure they just asked for her number so that if they need to update her record they can do that.it's just like going to a bank without an account number as you can have several people with same name and even surname
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Web005: 3:41pm On Oct 30, 2014
Dkbb:
Web005

Pls can u give me more details on WHMC and Dr La, u can inbox me details to babycanddy@gmail.com

Send an email to sharshman@doctorla.com
She will provide you with all the details you require

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.