Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1378239 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 5:13pm On Nov 21, 2014
nefertitiram:
My people,
Have your heard, obama has announced the new immigration reform that allows parents of children born in US, lived in the US for 5yrs etc to remain n US and get work permits.
I am thinking, I hope this will not affect the chances of getting visas for preggies wanting to go and give birth in US because automatically, they will assume you want to beat theo!
I don't think it really changes anything for now cow it majorly applies to those who have been in the system for more than 5 years. Once you have enough evidence to show u are coming back, there should not be any issues
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by SisiOlu: 5:14pm On Nov 21, 2014
raii:
My fellow mamas. My visa was denied again so I shall be bowing out of the team american baby race.

I was also thinking Canada but the process and fees is quite cumbersome. But if anyone knows how to go about it I am willing to listen.

Am soo sorry bout the denial. I can imagine how u feel right now. Infact i dnt kno wot 2 say bt am sending u a very big, tite, get better hug nd kisses. God has better plans for you and your family.

In ur spare time (much later) u can share ur interview experience.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 5:15pm On Nov 21, 2014
raii:
My fellow mamas. My visa was denied again so I shall be bowing out of the team american baby race.

I was also thinking Canada but the process and fees is quite cumbersome. But if anyone knows how to go about it I am willing to listen.
so sorry to hear about this. It is well. I wish you safe delivery no matter the decision you make
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 5:16pm On Nov 21, 2014
Thanks for the post about drivers licence. Now how do we go about applying for the International driver's license?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 5:22pm On Nov 21, 2014
Sorry about dat, I know how it feels, my wife and I were denied on d 13th of Nov.

We av another interview on the 2nd of Dec again, at a loss as to how to convince those VOs.

It is well

raii:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 6:14pm On Nov 21, 2014
oawele:

By law, Youth corpers are not allowed to travel out of the country in the period of their service. so the probability of getting a US visa is very very low.
thanks. They didn't give my sister today
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by diddy11(m): 7:10pm On Nov 21, 2014
Good dear housemates. This question is to the mothers in the house who have at one time or the other put to bed in a hospital in America. Please can one of you tell me if its proper to bill a newborn for a hospital room such a child didn't make use of. Many thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 9:07pm On Nov 21, 2014
raii:

Sorry raii about the denial. You may just want to try one last time as I have heard of some cases that were third time lucky. I also would be glad if you can share the transcript of interview and possible reason you believe you were denied again. this may help others like myself trying to give it another shot.Apologies if I sound insensitive at this time

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by babyf2012: 9:33pm On Nov 21, 2014
@ rali... Hi dear, u can apply for a canadian visiting visa, it dsnt take up to 3mths anymore, there are two options for u, either u apply online and go nd drop ur passport or u apply in person which takes a longer time.

if one is applying for a student visa, thats when medicals is necessary, also the visa fees is not too expensive, but the burden of proof is very cumbersome. u can give it a try, no interviews so u have to pad ur application very well, especially strong ties...

its same as US, u get ur babys passport immdtly, and thy have a nigerian embassy in ottawa.

Transportation system is better than us, just google and get good deals, but do not give up on giving ur baby the best future..

My 2 cents.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mrsfad2014: 9:44pm On Nov 21, 2014
Babatwi:
@ Mrsfad i sent you a pm, a friend needs Dr Dennis R Abbas's email address,you can email it to me, if you are concerned about writting it here , i googled him as you sugested,but cant find his email there. Thanks

everything I gained was to this forum and I feel indebted to people that send me pm and I don't know how to go about it. I had a glocose tolerance test in Dr Abbas today and I can see they are genuinely concern. I hope you find this useful. Dennis R.Abbas MD, Village II Plaza,6300 Samuel Blvd, Suite 154, Dallas. TX 75228. Tel: 214 388 8898 (24 hrs). Pls o am not a marketer o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dakotchic(f): 1:40am On Nov 22, 2014
Shawbabe:
Thanks for the post about drivers licence. Now how do we go about applying for the International driver's license?

One can drive with the new FRSC's DL. We rented a car from Hertz and we are currently driving here. Infact taxis are so expensive and for those of us staying at the suburbs, there's hardly any bustops or MARTA. BTW, in Georgia, it's permissible to use a foreign DL for upto 30 days after which one can apply for the state permit etc. So do check with the state's motor vehicle administration in person or online to confirm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adiahabasi: 5:33am On Nov 22, 2014
Phema! You suppose don port to Phoenix by now. Come out of hibernation and share your POE experience.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by isysleek: 7:12am On Nov 22, 2014
So sorry Raii. I feel u shuld try one more time. I knw it's hard but u can try. Also Canada.

Please where is bloggerina o! Sent u email but no response. Pls I need 2 contact u asap as I plan 2 use whmc and d doc u used. Got an email from d doc but don't understand d prices quoted there o...to many Lil things. pls help a sister and reach out to me. Thanks.

raii:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by isysleek: 7:17am On Nov 22, 2014
Hello everyone. Pls I have a question. Checking stop over flight to Houston on united airline and I saw "Lagos to Frankfurt to Newyork to Houston. And it showed that at Frankfurt, we change planes and at newyork, we change planes. My question: is POE going to be Newyork or Houston. Pls gurus in the house, pls respond. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by AngelicBola83(f): 7:40am On Nov 22, 2014
@isysleek POE is new york and I have read that it is a friendly POE
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by eazydune: 8:04am On Nov 22, 2014
Thanks alot @babatwi.Will call her on mon.Kindly update us if u see any accommodation below $700.Am in phoenix jan.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 9:39am On Nov 22, 2014
dakotchic:

One can drive with the new FRSC's DL. We rented a car from Hertz and we are currently driving here. Infact taxis are so expensive and for those of us staying at the suburbs, there's hardly any bustops or MARTA. BTW, in Georgia, it's permissible to use a foreign DL for upto 30 days after which one can apply for the state permit etc. So do check with the state's motor vehicle administration in person or online to confirm.

Thank u oh. I'm headed to Atlanta so this is very helpful. I'm going to be there for more than 3 months so I guess imma need a state permit too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 11:09am On Nov 22, 2014
[quote author=9jabiggurl post=282185

kiss

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by 9jabiggurl: 12:07pm On Nov 22, 2014
mabels:
[quote author=9jabiggurl post=282185

kiss

@mabel..... grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babatwi: 1:23pm On Nov 22, 2014
Mrsfad2014:
everything I gained was to this forum and I feel indebted to people that send me pm and I don't know how to go about it. I had a glocose tolerance test in Dr Abbas today and I can see they are genuinely concern. I hope you find this useful. Dennis R.Abbas MD, Village II Plaza,6300 Samuel Blvd, Suite 154, Dallas. TX 75228. Tel: 214 388 8898 (24 hrs). Pls o am not a marketer o
q

@Mrsfad2014
A million thanks, i called the office to book an appiontment and possibly get an email sent to her to confirm this appointment,so that she can have a document to show them at POE as body of proff ,but they refused the email request,she also asked for Dr Abass's email add so that she can send him a mail,but they refused.maybe i will advice her to pay doctoresparati $150 and get a letter from them for this purpose,abi watin una advice?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mrsfad2014: 4:11pm On Nov 22, 2014
Babatwi:
q

@Mrsfad2014
A million thanks, i called the office to book an appiontment and possibly get an email sent to her to confirm this appointment,so that she can have a document to show them at POE as body of proff ,but they refused the email request,she also asked for Dr Abass's email add so that she can send him a mail,but they refused.maybe i will advice her to pay doctoresparati $150 and get a letter from them for this purpose,abi watin una advice?
@Babatwi, I was in their office when you called because I heard all your conversation with them @about 10am time here in Dallas. I will not advise you use doctores letter at the embassy because I noticed that people are being denied with his document. My advise is that you get in touch with Dr Fagbohun, he uses Oakbend hospital in Richmond or Jeanie Hyunh of WHMC, they will reply your mail and those documents will be useful for you at the embassy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zeezahbee(f): 4:29pm On Nov 22, 2014
isysleek:
Hello everyone. Pls I have a question. Checking stop over flight to Houston on united airline and I saw "Lagos to Frankfurt to Newyork to Houston. And it showed that at Frankfurt, we change planes and at newyork, we change planes. My question: is POE going to be Newyork or Houston. Pls gurus in the house, pls respond. Thank you.
NEWYORK
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zeezahbee(f): 4:37pm On Nov 22, 2014
nefertitiram:
My people,
Have your heard, obama has announced the new immigration reform that allows parents of children born in US, lived in the US for 5yrs etc to remain n US and get work permits.

I am thinking, I hope this will not affect the chances of getting visas for preggies wanting to go and give birth in US because automatically, they will assume you want to beat the system and take advantage of the amnesty program.

I think we should have this information handy and prepare a good defense as this US embassy people can start denying preggies using this as an excuse o!
SORRy, not for fresher like you lol. tongue, it is for people that came to usa 5years or more(2009 backwards to 90s) to have there baby and they didnt go back to there country afterwards. it means they gave birth to their america baby and stayed back. the reform is just for them and it might not continue afterwards
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zeezahbee(f): 4:40pm On Nov 22, 2014
yabilalz:
Any economical hospital in Houston city, Texas.
WHMC
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Logictinz: 7:00pm On Nov 22, 2014
Good morning good people, abeg anybody dey enter Elpaso make e help me buy one medicine, na for children. ZINNAT.

I will b very grateful please.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 9:21pm On Nov 22, 2014
Landed Nigeria today with lots of loads that my madam asked that i carry. Five boxes, four were overweighed and three excess luggage. So there was no big difference between the courier people who will charge me $4.32/1 lb. I paid through my nose with United Airline. For all my loads i paid $1,400. i had planned for $1000. By the time i convert to naira, my temperature con rise. Please if you are planning same, carry excess luggage but no carry overweigh. But thank God i am home and all the baby things are home. So they will come home light later.

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 22, 2014
raii:

Awww. I don't know you but I feel for you.

Try Canada. It will work out. This is what you want and it's a good thing. DO NOT GIVE UP

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Latolly: 12:43am On Nov 23, 2014
jennykadry:

Awww. I don't know you but I feel for you.
Try Canada. It will work out. This is what you want and it's a good thing. DO NOT GIVE UP
Dear Rali.... God knows best, believe every thing will work together for your good. Dont give up!!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Latolly: 12:53am On Nov 23, 2014
Please all the gurus in the house abeg no bone me o... pls answer me o.... , please for this section ..... CONTACT PERSON OR ORGANIZATION IN THE UNITED STATES on your DS160 form did you FILLl in ....1. your doctors name and adrress OR 2. A Relatives name or 3. Your hotel name and address. pls all the gurus reply o.
Contact Person or Organization in the United States
Contact Person
Surnames
Given Names
Organization Name
Relationship to You Oga justwise, Tvegas and other gurus please answer naaaa....... am posting this a 3rd time and yet no answer, i no vex o na beg i dey beg cry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babatwi: 6:48am On Nov 23, 2014
Mrsfad2014:
@Babatwi, I was in their office when you called because I heard all your conversation with them @about 10am time here in Dallas. I will not advise you use doctores letter at the embassy because I noticed that people are being denied with his document. My advise is that you get in touch with Dr Fagbohun, he uses Oakbend hospital in Richmond or Jeanie Hyunh of WHMC, they will reply your mail and those documents will be useful for you at the embassy.

@Mrsfad2014
Thanks you were right,that was about the time i called them. She already has a multiple entry visa from last year and she has emailed the embassy that she is travelling to give birth.she just needs the email to show at point of entry ,but i guess same thing applies. Will contact the doctors you mentioned. Pls can you post their email addresses,since i will only find their office address and phone numbers wiithout an email address if i google their names. Thanks and God bless you for all your help.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by meine: 8:40am On Nov 23, 2014
babyf2012:
@ rali... Hi dear, u can apply for a canadian visiting visa, it dsnt take up to 3mths anymore, there are two options for u, either u apply online and go nd drop ur passport or u apply in person which takes a longer time.
if one is applying for a student visa, thats when medicals is necessary, also the visa fees is not too expensive, but the burden of proof is very cumbersome. u can give it a try, no interviews so u have to pad ur application very well, especially strong ties...
its same as US, u get ur babys passport immdtly, and thy have a nigerian embassy in ottawa.
Transportation system is better than us, just google and get good deals, but do not give up on giving ur baby the best future..
My 2 cents.
. Sorry about your second denial raii. Yes canada is an option, but the Visa takes a while to process its something between 3 to 4 weeks,coupled with a lot of paperwork. I dont know the time required at the moment.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shamecurls(m): 10:30am On Nov 23, 2014
Deportation Reprieve May Exclude Parents of Young Immigrants

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/20/us/immigration-policy-dreamers-parents.html?_r=0

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.