Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,885 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:36 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1374131 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 12:39am On Jan 31, 2015
Gratefulaheart:
Hello all...
Share the letter here let people read and see how they can help with your question ...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Gratefulaheart: 12:48am On Jan 31, 2015
kizluv:

Share the letter here let people read and see how they can help with your question ...
Thank you for your email.

Your B-class visa does not entitle you to entrance to the United States—it simply entitles you to arrive at a port-of-entry to the United States and apply for admission to an officer of the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) unit on duty there. The Customs and Border Protection, a branch of USCIS, determines a traveler’s eligibility of entry to the U.S, you should be prepared to demonstrate to the immigration officer at the port of entry why you are seeking medical treatment and that you have logistical and financial plans for the treatment.

We recommend that you review the regulations on non-immigrant aliens entering the United States for purposes of childbirth at http://redirect.state.sbu/?url=https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/882/~/visit-the-u.s.-while-pregnant-and-the-risks-involved and plan accordingly.  Please you should not stay in the U.S. longer than you are permitted by Customs and Border Protection at the port of entry. The Department of Homeland Security at the port of entry will determine your eligibility to enter the United States on any travel.

If you choose to give birth in the U.S., we advise you to bring evidence of payment, both when you enter the U.S. on this visit, and at your future U.S. visa interviews.

Sincerely,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dere5: 1:04am On Jan 31, 2015
Gratefulaheart:
Hello all. I got my b1/b2 with hubby last year before I took in. Now that we decided to use the visa for childbirth, I sent the change of intent letter to Lagos embassy but to my surprise their reply was different from the generic one I saw on this thread.

Pls I would like to know if it's possible for the embassy to cancel a visa without informing the holder of the visa cos I included my passport number in the mail. cry
Pls can you post their exact response,ii dont think they will revoke your visa without clearly informing you.. i think you will be informed clearly if your visa ie revoked,i dont think they would be so wicked enough to allow you to get to poe and then be turned back.. This is my 2 cent,i stand to be corrected.
Just lets see what their exact reply was,so that people here can advice properly.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dere5: 1:07am On Jan 31, 2015
Gratefulaheart:
Thank you for your email.

Your B-class visa does not entitle you to entrance to the United States—it simply entitles you to arrive at a port-of-entry to the United States and apply for admission to an officer of the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) unit on duty there. The Customs and Border Protection, a branch of USCIS, determines a traveler’s eligibility of entry to the U.S, you should be prepared to demonstrate to the immigration officer at the port of entry why you are seeking medical treatment and that you have logistical and financial plans for the treatment.

We recommend that you review the regulations on non-immigrant aliens entering the United States for purposes of childbirth at http://redirect.state.sbu/?url=https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/882/~/visit-the-u.s.-while-pregnant-and-the-risks-involved and plan accordingly.  Please you should not stay in the U.S. longer than you are permitted by Customs and Border Protection at the port of entry. The Department of Homeland Security at the port of entry will determine your eligibility to enter the United States on any travel.

If you choose to give birth in the U.S., we advise you to bring evidence of payment, both when you enter the U.S. on this visit, and at your future U.S. visa interviews.

Sincerely,
You got the general responce,nothing wrong with the reply you got. They are just stating the obvious.
Its the cbp officers at POE that have the final say in deciding who enters the us at poe,inrespective of the class of visa you hold

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by frendly99: 1:39am On Jan 31, 2015
favouredB:
Congratulations to all new mums and all those that got their visas and all those successful at POE. Just had my baby girl yesterday evening at Hackensack UMC Mountain Side NJ. Not really impressed with the services of the hospital but the doctors were quite good.

I'm happy for u dearie, congrats! NJ mums r gon start bombarding you with questions now... Lol, take ur time, rest nd take care of ur cutie hun..

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 2:22am On Jan 31, 2015
Hello Fam,

Great to see people still helping out her. To God be the glory, I'm back in Naija aka hustle unlimited after enjoying the serenity of El Paso with my 3 weeks old baby.

I can remember when I opened this thread as I had no clue of what to do until I did a google search and it showed up.

I'm trying to settle down now. I know I still owe gist of childbirth experience at El Paso. I will combine it with gist about getting docs, zero balance etc by tomorrow.

God bless us all. The Almighty will continue to perfect our plans. Amen.

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Larondoo22: 3:07am On Jan 31, 2015
kykes:

Hello people I know this is late but I have had my hands full. To God be the glory, I had my twin baby boys on January 21st at methodist sugarland. Really happy with the service. We are all doing great.
congratulations sis,two big boix!it is well wt u n ur little ones.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by segbas(m): 5:23am On Jan 31, 2015
@Kykes:

I have sent you an email, please reply. Thanks. How are you and The Blessed Twin doing?

kykes:

Hello people I know this is late but I have had my hands full. To God be the glory, I had my twin baby boys on January 21st at methodist sugarland. Really happy with the service. We are all doing great.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by segbas(m): 5:26am On Jan 31, 2015
Good morning Family:

Please anybody that has used Richmond for their child birth should please guide me on how to search accommodation, I have search through intownsuite.com but the area given is over 30 miles to Richmond.
Please I need your guidance on this.
Thanks all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mm2015: 5:30am On Jan 31, 2015
Hello everyone!
It was amazing reading all those experiences and advices.. i am currently pregnant in my 4th month.. and planning to go to the states around Week 28 of my pregnancy. I already have a B1/2 visa which i obtained before i was pregnant. I have family in the states (San fransisco) and hence would be staying with them while in the US

- Based on this thread, i conclude that i dont need to send an email to the embassy to change the intent as i got my visa before getting pregnant. I have been to the US earlier for a visit as per my visa's intent
- I am working on getting a doctor and hospital selected and will arrange to pay deposit and get the bill as this will help getting thru the POE without any hassles. I will be carrying around 10K of cash too on arrival. So i hope this solves the POE issue

Does anyone have any experiences with hospitals in san fransisco or nearby? what cost to expect? and which ones offer preset packages?

Appreciate your feedback and comments smiley

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favouredB(f): 6:03am On Jan 31, 2015
Please why can't this people tell you all that is involved in childbirth so you will know how to make your budget. From the blues Hackensack just informed me now that they have to carry out Hep B test on me to know if baby has it or not. Meanwhile they gave her the vaccine this afternoon. They are now saying that the vaccine they gave her is for prevention (of course I know) . They need to carry out the test on me to know if i am positive or not in order to determine her own status. Of course there is an extra charge attached and now nobody here can tell me exactly how much am supposed to pay for it. Me I have refused it until I know how much it is. They said baby will not be discharged tomorrow until I carry out the test. I am waiting for them come tomorrow morning. I don't mean to discourage anybody here but I wish I hadn't changed my mind from going to El Passo. Please has anyone had this hep B experience? Is it compulsory?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ahaika23: 7:01am On Jan 31, 2015
kizluv:

That is what the VO 's want to see my brother.It may boost her chances, but staying with your brother isn't illegal @ all. OK, lets do it this way, show that you can afford hospital, flight ,emergency and miscellaneous bills and also still have enough in your account. That way, the VO would say your going to California cos you have someone they not cost you can't afford accommodation else where. Bear in mind that when you say you are going to pay for somewhere to stay, it shows that this one must come back, abi? Lol. Dunno again o, head done block...
Is the fact that I'm still in naija not a factor the VO would consider as reason for my wife's return? Unable to reach mamatobee but I think she got a hospital for $3,000 and doc for 1,500 in California. This may not be out of reach for me hopefully. If this is obtainable in California, then would it be said to be very expensive?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Miemiecious: 7:24am On Jan 31, 2015
Good Morning,
Pls i need some clarifications. Im in the process of filling my DS-160 form
1. Im applying for USA visa to give birth. I have a friend in Arlington texas but the hospital i've contacted is in Houston Texas(4hrs drive apart).
Who do you advise I use as my contact person & which location is best to put as my stay address.
Should I use my friend's contact for both or it's better i book for a hotel reservation in houston? If I book a hotel, who will be my contact person?

2. What is the best answer to tell a cosular officer if asked why I want to go & deliver at the US

3. What can make a consular officer steer at ones latter of appointment from USA doctor or hospital for a long time & say one is illegible

4. What is the chances of not being denied again after applying within 2 weeks of being denied the first time

Expecting your response pls
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 31, 2015
ahaika23:
Is the fact that I'm still in naija not a factor the VO would consider as reason for my wife's return? Unable to reach mamatobee but I think she got a hospital for $3,000 and doc for 1,500 in California. This may not be out of reach for me hopefully. If this is obtainable in California, then would it be said to be very expensive?
I guess the point everyone that has replied you here is trying to make is that, you should fill in an affordable state and hospital in that state and accommodation that will tailor into the cost of your pocket and leave your brother out of the ds-160, after you get the visa then you can head wherever you like to birth the child, the fact that you are including your brother in the ds-160 and you are headed to the u.s for childbirth will raise a red-flag, you have to appear like the person you claim to be in your ds-160 which has to be an independent and financially capable person because the v.o's are really sensitive, no need to keep asking same questions over and over again and going round circles, I guess you should know what to do with your ds-160 already.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 7:57am On Jan 31, 2015
MerryMom:
Hello Fam,

Great to see people still helping out her. To God be the glory, I'm back in Naija aka hustle unlimited after enjoying the serenity of El Paso with my 3 weeks old baby.

I can remember when I opened this thread as I had no clue of what to do until I did a google search and it showed up.

I'm trying to settle down now. I know I still owe gist of childbirth experience at El Paso. I will combine it with gist about getting docs, zero balance etc by tomorrow.

3 weeks after? shocked Oya we are waiting o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Miemiecious: 7:59am On Jan 31, 2015
forevermine:
Hello everyone.
I got my visa 2days ago. All the information I used( and I mean ALL) was obtained from this thread.
I'm grateful to all who have contributed in no small measure to this thread. You guys are fulfilling dreams and changing lives!
Indeed honesty is the best policy.
My steadfast daily visit to this thread since August 2013 plus having 2 jotters full of info has finally paid off. I remember the days/reign of uchetobi, thababe, jyde2014 etc around this time last year, and used to fantasize when my dreams will turn to plans and then to reality.
Please a quick question( can't find the page where someone posted all the airline policies/restrictions regarding preggies. Can someone please help with that?
Also please has anyone used Lufthansa to Houston? How was the experience?
Thanks once again, and may God bless everyone richly.

Congrats Forevermine,
Pls can you share our experience. I went for interview few days ago but denied without giving any reason, the only thing I was asked was a proof of doctor's communication in the USA & i presented my appointment letter which he steered at for sometime & he said I wasnt eligible. I have re-applied & having my interview soonest.
Pls what questions were you asked & what were your responses?
Were you asked why you want to deliver at the US?
What was your response?
Thanks in anticipation for your responses
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 8:31am On Jan 31, 2015
Miemiecious:

Congrats Forevermine,
Pls can you share our experience. I went for interview few days ago but denied without giving any reason, the only thing I was asked was a proof of doctor's communication in the USA & i presented my appointment letter which he steered at for sometime & he said I wasnt eligible. I have re-applied & having my interview soonest.
Pls what questions were you asked & what were your responses?
Were you asked why you want to deliver at the US?
What was your response?
Thanks in anticipation for your responses

Sorry about ur denial. Pls post ur interview transcripts so dat we can deliberate & knw wat went wrong 2 avoid anoda denial. Pls dn't lie about it. We'll all help

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by segbas(m): 8:48am On Jan 31, 2015
Good morning Family:

Please anybody that has used Richmond for their child birth should please guide me on how to search accommodation, I have search through www.intownsuite.com but the area given is over 30 miles to Richmond.
Thanks all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Miemiecious: 9:12am On Jan 31, 2015
Suzyt:

Hi Shayo. I'm also using MCA. But I'm with Matlock Obgyn. I tried contacting you. Please respond. Would love to connect with you. Thanks.

Hi
Pls can you send me your e-mail or phone number for further discussion? Im also using Matlock.
E mail addy is festhayo@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nogen: 9:20am On Jan 31, 2015
segbas:
Good morning Family:

Please anybody that has used Richmond for their child birth should please guide me on how to search accommodation, I have search through www.intownsuite.com but the area given is over 30 miles to Richmond.
Thanks all.

Why not use Soulcare, it's not far from Oakend. You can Pm me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Miemiecious: 9:21am On Jan 31, 2015
pattyreal:

Sorry about ur denial. Pls post ur interview transcripts so dat we can deliberate & knw wat went wrong 2 avoid anoda denial. Pls dn't lie about it. We'll all help

Thanks
i went with my husband & child cos they were going for B1/B2 to visit after my delivery
Mine was B2.
We were asked abt our job.....we responded
Why we were travelling.........we responded that for vacation & to give birth
Asked why we want to give birth in US..........for quality health services
Asked for documentation from US doctor..........i presented doctor's appointment letter, medical bills & budget sheet
He steered at those documents for a while & said we were not eligible
And that'a all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by segbas(m): 9:49am On Jan 31, 2015
@Miemiecious:
Sorry for your denial:

Which doctor are you using and the hospital,
Did you include all your email/fax conversations with the doctor's appointment you gave to the VO
Did you enough fund in your account?
Did you book for hotel or you want to stayed with relation?

Please respond to these so that people will know how to tackle this issue before your next appointment.

Miemiecious:

Thanks
i went with my husband & child cos they were going for B1/B2 to visit after my delivery
Mine was B2.
Asked for documentation from US doctor..........i presented doctor's appointment letter, medical bills & budget sheet
And that'a all.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oluwafunkenny: 10:25am On Jan 31, 2015
Hello all,

Seems I am porting to El-passo, Any May mum going in April, please, please, biko, jowo, respond for maximum bonding. Mums and Mums to be- please any offer/advise for first time mama whose CS has been recommended is hereby encouraged in all field. I intend using Doctores.

thank you alllllllll
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 10:28am On Jan 31, 2015
[quote author=Gratefulaheart post=30288938]Thank you for your email.

Your B-class visa does not entitle you to entrance to the United States—it simply entitles you to arrive at a port-of-entry

Madam. You don't ve to worry. I got same reply from Lagos. And It is true that homeland security at POE Will determine ur eligibility to enter into d USA, ur visa only allows ur to get on a plane to d united states.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Happymom001: 10:29am On Jan 31, 2015
[quote author=favouredB post=30290556]
Please why can't this people tell you all that is involved in childbirth so you will know how to make your budget. From the blues Hackensack just informed me now that they have to carry out Hep B test on me to know if baby has it or not. Meanwhile they gave her the vaccine this afternoon.

Wow that's so not fair, and I am using the Hackensack too, now not too good review plus the hep b test Kai I tire oo,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ozycy: 10:37am On Jan 31, 2015
forevermine:

Please a quick question( can't find the page where someone posted all the airline policies/restrictions regarding preggies. Can someone please help with that?
Also please has anyone used Lufthansa to Houston? How was the experience?
Thanks once again, and may God bless everyone richly.
. Congrats Forevermine. I flew Lufthansa exactly one year ago, I didn't make any special seat selection but am sure dey probably saw my big bump and gave me a cool seat where I cud stand and stretch as I liked. Dou the second leg of the journey from Germany to houston was with United airline and everything was just opposite ( tight seat, hostess) . While coming back to Nigeria, I used Lufthansa all tru from houston to Germany to Nigeria. I didn't book for bassinet ahead but was given immediately we got into d flight. I paid 30k for d baby's ticket.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zeezahbee(f): 10:54am On Jan 31, 2015
favouredB:

Please why can't this people tell you all that is involved in childbirth so you will know how to make your budget. From the blues Hackensack just informed me now that they have to carry out Hep B test on me to know if baby has it or not. Meanwhile they gave her the vaccine this afternoon. They are now saying that the vaccine they gave her is for prevention (of course I know) . They need to carry out the test on me to know if i am positive or not in order to determine her own status. Of course there is an extra charge attached and now nobody here can tell me exactly how much am supposed to pay for it. Me I have refused it until I know how much it is. They said baby will not be discharged tomorrow until I carry out the test. I am waiting for them come tomorrow morning. I don't mean to discourage anybody here but I wish I hadn't changed my mind from going to El Passo. Please has anyone had this hep B experience? Is it compulsory?
Are you trying to blame people here ? Like seriously I don't understand. shocked. No one forced you to go to any hospital of your choice. You should be happy and pray for good health not complaining about bills.

Remember each case re different. What Mrs A spent at the hospital will be different from Mrs B and even on the doctors letter or billing, it states that amount can increase if complication arises, so why come here and blame people for watever complications you have ?

Lstly regardless of how much the test is, do it. Good health is better.

Na wa o, it seems some people are just after the blue passport and not the good health care you claim at the embassy , It sucks undecided. It is well

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ozycy: 10:55am On Jan 31, 2015
Miemiecious:

Thanks
Mine was B2.
And that'a all.
. Adding to wat segbas asked, - -- have you travelled together with your hubby and baby? OR - is this the first time u ll be leaving the country as a family? I had similar experience wen I applied with my whole family even dou most of us had virgin passport and was denied. I later applied wt my mum and was given. So I suggest u apply alone first. Cos if u apply soon without much change in circumstances, u may be denied again cos the VO will most likely ask u what have changed since your last application.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by drafrican: 10:59am On Jan 31, 2015
Hello my naija pips,
Biko pls I need information about cheap hospitals in Maryland(Baltimore) or Michigan.
I would have loved elpaso but hubby wants me close to family.
Pls its urgent
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lalavita: 11:17am On Jan 31, 2015
Welcome home! looking forward to the gist. smiley

MerryMom:
Hello Fam,

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lalavita: 11:21am On Jan 31, 2015
Hey Gratefulaheart, there is no way they will cancel your visa without telling you.
If there are any issues, they will invite you to the embassy (which they didnt so nothing to fear).

The reply you got is the new reply that the Lagos embassy has been sending out recently. I have seen other mums on here state they got the new reply from Lagos visa office.
All you need to do is pray, have all the relevant docs with you when you travel and cash.

All the best.

Gratefulaheart:
Hello all. I got my b1/b2 with hubby last year before I took in. Now that we decided to use the visa for childbirth, I sent the change of intent letter to Lagos embassy but to my surprise their reply was different from the generic one I saw on this thread.

Pls I would like to know if it's possible for the embassy to cancel a visa without informing the holder of the visa cos I included my passport number in the mail. cry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lollydee(f): 11:51am On Jan 31, 2015
I have replied you.

[quote author=MsResiArthur post=30283482][quotE author=lollydee post=30261913]

Tried sending an email..pls check and I will send u the attached PDF

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.