Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,948 members, 7,799,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (387) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1377692 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lilyfranklin: 6:32am On Feb 26, 2015
Shawbabe:

all of una asking for this and that from people coming from Naija, and those wanting to hook up with people and plan together, una better be careful. Witchcraft is real. grin

Food for thought grin

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Newmum0615: 6:56am On Feb 26, 2015
Not everyone has the luxury of leaving work earlier than others. People have travelled at 35 weeks and nothing happened. With God ALL things are possible. It is only by His grace, not by our own strength wink
Shawbabe:
Traveling at 35 weeks is RISKY! It's not like it's domestic but Int'l for over 8 hours. Mothers biko lets avoid stories that touch! Life and safety over anything oh. Be wise.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by AyaSho(f): 7:08am On Feb 26, 2015
woaini:

So I sent a mail to the embassy notifying them of my intent but I got an automated response with questions and answers
Please is that the normal response process before they send the standard reply, cos I am a bit confused.

Please post there response and let's deliberate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by skelemba: 7:54am On Feb 26, 2015
she will get an email when her passport is ready for pick up

cheer

oluwafunkenny:
Good day all,

Please a friend had interview last wednesday and visa granted, she was told to pick up on Monday, but she has been going since then, her passport is yet to be out. Kindly advise on what to do or where to complain as she has already booked flight for weekend.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 7:55am On Feb 26, 2015
oluwafunkenny:
Good day all,

Please a friend had interview last wednesday and visa granted, she was told to pick up on Monday, but she has been going since then, her passport is yet to be out. Kindly advise on what to do or where to complain as she has already booked flight for weekend.

Thanks

She would get a mail informing her when her visa is ready for Pick-up. she can also monitor the status on US embassy nigerian based website
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by skelemba: 8:24am On Feb 26, 2015
wooww..this i favour

congrats on ur visa..

iphiechuks:
Greetings everyone,

I have been following this trend and it has help me alot so i feel that i should share my visa experience with the house.

I applied first on 2nd Dec and I was denied cos I told the VO that I was pregnant and she asked if I intend to have my baby in the US, I told her that I don't know yet. she then advice me to go and think about it, if I decide I should return with maternity travel plan eg, Doc correspondences, proof of where to stay and statement and she also gave me one medical sheet like dat.

Today at 7:30am I was booked for an interview in Abuja and it goes like this:

VO: Good morning
We: Good morning
VO: Where in the US are you both going to?
We: Houston, Texas
VO: Purpose?
Husband: for Vacationing and for my wife to have our baby
VO: How long do you both intend to stay:
Husband: Wife will stay for 7 weeks while I will take her there, make sure she settles and return when she is due to have our baby. I intend staying for 2wks for each visit.
VO: What is the cost of delivery?
Husband: A little over 9,000 Dollar (I quickly gave her our budget sheet and Doc correspondence and added that, "This is our budget sheet and Doc correspondence" she said Okay, that's good.
VO: (Smiled and now facing me) So Ma'am, where will you be staying?
Me: Intown suite Katty extended stay, 3000 highway 6 south Houston, Texas (and smiled back)
VO: Where do you work?
Husband: We are both Bankers at bla bla bla
VO: (with a smile) Okay then, return on Thursday for your passport and have a safe delivery.
We: Thanks and have a nice day.
Our interview did not last for 5mins

I used Dr Funsho's email and attached the budget sheet in front, that was the only document I showed her. She did not even ask for any in the first place.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by skelemba: 8:27am On Feb 26, 2015
Hello Yankee01, have u heard from him yet?

on both appointment and accomodation

Yankee01:

okay. I will ask him about the accommodation. Still expecting his reply.

Thanks so much. u the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by skelemba: 8:29am On Feb 26, 2015
Hello, a big congrats on ur baby...
u are most welcome...and we are glad that this thread has helped u and others....

how is wifey and baby doing?

bj2012golf:
Hey @skelemba! There you are! Where av u been? I sent u a message sometime ago appreciating you for initiating this thread, it has been a blessing to numerous families, we (my wifey n I) included. I sincerely hope you to birthed in the US?

Best regards

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by woaini(f): 8:33am On Feb 26, 2015
Thank you for your inquiry. This automated response contains answers to many of the questions we most frequently receive. We hope that you will find your answer below, but if not we will respond to your query in two business days.

If your inquiry concerns an immigrant visa case, please resend your email to LagosIV@state.gov<mailto:LagosIV@state.gov>.
If your inquiry concerns American Citizen Services, please resend your email to AbujaACS@state.gov<mailto:AbujaACS@state.gov>.

To schedule an appointment for a non-immigrant visa at the U.S. Consulate General Lagos and the U.S. Embassy Abuja please visit http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/<http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/>. Instructions on the appointment process are available at http://nigeria.usembassy.gov under the “Visas” tab.

Q: How do I make a nonimmigrant visa appointment?

Plenty blablabla. It's really long, posting it all here would take one full page! And this response was from abuja. I did not send to lagos because I got my visa in abuja
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by feddy27: 8:34am On Feb 26, 2015
woaini:
Hello everyone, praise God for all the success stories. Watch out for more!
So I sent a mail to the embassy notifying them of my intent but I got an automated response with questions and answers
Please is that the normal response process before they send the standard reply, cos I am a bit confused.

Hello dear, I got same auto response. I don't think there's anything to worry about. The important thing there is that you informed them. Print the mail you sent + auto response and you should be fine.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 8:43am On Feb 26, 2015
Tvegas:

I can't stop laughing. For the second missionary journey I am eyeing one quiet, economically sound and friendly country, anybody in the spirit is free to join me for that waka.

hmmmm, hmmm. this one that you have started eyeing another hospital at this stage. is the baby 3 months yet? hmmm, well it seems you will break my record cos i have just one year gap btw my sons. yours will be 9 months. sure madam never carry? phema and bloggerina will join you for that waka. We don reach our permanent site( talking for myself) .

[quote author=Phema post=31083569]
*singing* Let God arise and my enemies be scattered. . .

i am singing with you o phema. and praying seriously, anyone that wants to hinder you from reaching your promise land of becoming mother of boys, i cast.... oh... am in the spirit.... speaking in tongues at this point. I shall communicate God's message to you soon. yes i can see that Lord, yes Lord , yes Lord... Phema i see, hmmmmmmm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oas99(f): 8:50am On Feb 26, 2015
Mabel y u dey find partner na, u are OYO oo grin
mabels:

hmmmm, hmmm. this one that you have started eyeing another hospital at this stage. is the baby 3 months yet?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 8:54am On Feb 26, 2015
Newmum0615:
Not everyone has the luxury of leaving work earlier than others. People have travelled at 35 weeks and nothing happened. With God ALL things are possible. It is only by His grace, not by our own strength wink

If u are faced with the option of losing that job and having a healthy delivery process in the US, I take it u would chose ur job wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 8:57am On Feb 26, 2015
lilyfranklin:

Food for thought grin

Lol they better hear oh. And for those putting details of their travel, including departure date and time. People are no good out there oh...let's apply some wisdom. Evil has gone technological oh grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 9:18am On Feb 26, 2015
oas99:
Mabel y u dey find partner na, u are OYO oo grin

i see vision for you too. you are adding another boy to your boys. oh Lord, i can see twins(2 boys) very identical.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 9:30am On Feb 26, 2015
Shawbabe:

Lol they better hear oh. And for those putting details of their travel, including departure date and time. People are no good out there oh...let's apply some wisdom. Evil has gone technological oh grin

we are covered with the blood of Jesus. No weapon fashioned against us shall prosper. Anyone that thinks of hurting us in anyway shall be consumed by holy ghost fire. They only need to think about hurting us and death is the reward.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tbaby2015: 9:31am On Feb 26, 2015
Luckychild2015:
Good evening everyone.

Has anyone used Iberia to US before? How is their service like? They stop over in Madrid before they go to newyork. The stopover time is like 11hrs. I will appreciate ur responses. Thank u.

hi, i've flown iberia to UK before and i tell u, it was d worst mistake ever for me. Boring and tight. Not sure it will be comfortable for a preggy. Just my opinion pls

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Newmum0615: 9:34am On Feb 26, 2015
The mothers who unfortunately lose their babies at 6 months nkor? There is no guarantee biko. Na God be person insurance. If that baby is meant to stay, it will. No stories.
Shawbabe:

If u are faced with the option of losing that job and having a healthy delivery process in the US, I take it u would chose ur job wink

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dere5: 9:44am On Feb 26, 2015
Phema:

*singing* Let God arise and my enemies be scattered. . .

Lord, please give me a girl the next time make I close shop. Phew!

@ Phema,
watin you dey sell wey you open shop? Lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by stinux(f): 10:04am On Feb 26, 2015
That was an automated response. You will still get another mail from them telling you about their expectations.

woaini:

Thank you for your inquiry. This automated response contains answers to many of the questions we most frequently receive. We hope that you will find your answer below, but if not we will respond to your query in two business days.

If your inquiry concerns an immigrant visa case, please resend your email to LagosIV@state.gov<mailto:LagosIV@state.gov>.
If your inquiry concerns American Citizen Services, please resend your email to AbujaACS@state.gov<mailto:AbujaACS@state.gov>.

To schedule an appointment for a non-immigrant visa at the U.S. Consulate General Lagos and the U.S. Embassy Abuja please visit http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/<http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/>. Instructions on the appointment process are available at http://nigeria.usembassy.gov under the “Visas” tab.

Q: How do I make a nonimmigrant visa appointment?

Plenty blablabla. It's really long, posting it all here would take one full page! And this response was from abuja. I did not send to lagos because I got my visa in abuja
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by slimwendy85: 10:06am On Feb 26, 2015
Thank you Shagaman. I got someone to book for me, but I read something about obtaining an electronic travel authorisation for most non USA citizens. Heard of this? Does it apply to me? Also, does American airline have any baggage allowance?
Shelly thanks for suggesting southwest airline.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dere5: 10:13am On Feb 26, 2015
[quote author=Shayo5 post=31090607]Hello house,

Does anyone have a sample of the letter of consent used for Nigerian visa application. Please help thanks.[/quot

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by woaini(f): 10:14am On Feb 26, 2015
I just got the standard reply now so I am more relaxed. Getting set to commence on this blessed journey soon.
Thanks for the response
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 10:14am On Feb 26, 2015
tbaby2015:

hi, i've flown iberia to UK before and i tell u, it was d worst mistake ever for me. Boring and tight. Not sure it will be comfortable for a preggy. Just my opinion pls

Oh boy!
I have flown it to UK as well, I practically stood all flight, except taking off and landing from Nigeria. Spaniards are hostile to english speakers, they act like u r speaking Greek.
Then the flight to London! Na wa! Had to buy food, except the flight was not as bad as the flight from Nigeria.
But given the chance... naaa, not Iberia for me!
Also, on landing, we were welcomed by vicious looking policemen in spain.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 10:17am On Feb 26, 2015
slimwendy85:
Thank you Shagaman. I got someone to book for me, but I read something about obtaining an electronic travel authorisation for most non USA citizens. Heard of this? Does it apply to me? Also, does American airline have any baggage allowance?

All that one will be done at the airport.
American airline only allows hand baggage for free. You pay $25 for the first carry on luggage, then $35 for the second.
Whatever you do, do not fly SPIRIT airline! They charge for air sef inside the plane!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 10:23am On Feb 26, 2015
Newmum0615:
The mothers who unfortunately lose their babies at 6 months nkor? There is no guarantee biko. Na God be person insurance. If that baby is meant to stay, it will. No stories.

Why would you want to risk your life and fly at 35 weeks! What if you go into labor or anything! Why do Naija women like gangsta moves like this?
I made the same mistake the 1st time, I put work over my health and lost the babies, I guess if I had left earlier, the US healthcare system would have been more aggressive in taking care of preemies!
Nne, the only thing you lose is a month or 2 salary, which ur baby is more important than. Try to take off at 30 to 32 weeks, biko.
This time sef, am leaving at 20 weeks! Work can wait, nothing else matters right now!

Cheers!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:24am On Feb 26, 2015
dere5:
@ Phema,
watin you dey sell wey you open shop? Lol

You know na wink grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Newmum0615: 10:29am On Feb 26, 2015
Nne good luck to you. You are lucky to have a job you can leave at 30 to 32 weeks.
nefertitiram:

Why would you want to risk your life and fly at 35 weeks! What if you go into labor or anything! Why do Naija women like gangsta moves like this?
I made the same mistake the 1st time, I put work over my health and lost the babies, I guess if I had left earlier, the US healthcare system would have been more aggressive in taking care of preemies!
Nne, the only thing you lose is a month or 2 salary, which ur baby is more important than. Try to take off at 30 to 32 weeks, biko.
This time sef, am leaving at 20 weeks! Work can wait, nothing else matters right now!

Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:33am On Feb 26, 2015
mabels:

i am singing with you o phema. and praying seriously, anyone that wants to hinder you from reaching your promise land of becoming mother of boys, i cast.... oh... am in the spirit.... speaking in tongues at this point. I shall communicate God's message to you soon. yes i can see that Lord, yes Lord , yes Lord... phema i see, hmmmmmmm

Winch! angry

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by slimwendy85: 10:38am On Feb 26, 2015
Thanks nefertitiram. Guess I will just do American airline. Also, please anyone have an idea of people into cargoing goods from el paso to lagos. Need an idea of their charges, as am seriously trying to work out a budget.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dere5: 10:41am On Feb 26, 2015
slimwendy85:

Why dont you consider the southwest airline because of their baggage allowance of two 23kg bags,and also check the airport they fly from to see if its convinient for you. My 2 cent though!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by slimwendy85: 10:45am On Feb 26, 2015
Dere5, I would love to. Unfortunately, I got someone to book it for me as I couldn't do it here in nigeria, and the person just said he has paid for American airline. cry so so sad.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.