Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (395) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1378718 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 10:00pm On Feb 28, 2015
kizluv:

Lmao @ I wish.

Tnx for d info
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 10:31pm On Feb 28, 2015
Just watch as people start porting to Missouri lol! I won't lie, it's a fantastic deal sha.

I'll say to consider the epidural, roughing it a lot easier said than done o! The pain is like nothing you've ever experienced.

kizluv:
Sorry o, just seeing all the PM 's
Hospital name Missouri baptist hospital , st Loius, missouri. The hospital has very very good reviews. I got the details from this humble thread. Page 19.
Hospital fee- 2600 for 48hrs after delivery ( you pay 30 days to your edd)
Doctors fee - 800 to take your delivery. ( it was 2900 they told me when I was in Nigeria, when I came. They gave me that fee for self pay. Provided I pay before delivery) then 100 per doctors appointment.
Ultrasound - 150. I brought an ultrasound I did 2 days to my travel , doc said he won't do ultrasound unless very necessary.
my doctors name is - Timothy philpott. I would send number to PM's
Pathology Inc (labs)- i dont know yet ( my doctor was kind enough to take all my test from Nigeria. Apart from the once written with biro (idiots, msceeeww) but he said because I am self pay, he would giv me till my next appointment to get them. My husband is trying to get them on hard copy instead of biro. If we can't get them, he said I would do syphilis, hiv and hep B. The rest he's okay with.
Pediatrician - some say 100 per check up , some 150 per check up. Am still searching for.
Epidural - 800 . ( I go rough am, I am no using it)
about accommodation, I don't know sad . I am staying with someone. Maybe check booking.com

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oas99(f): 10:39pm On Feb 28, 2015
My sister that pain ehn, I'm not even thinking of roughing cos I know myself, my last baby I didnt even cooperate, pls think we'll b4 u rough o! Though some pple don't feel the pain as such sha.
shelly23:
Just watch as people start porting to Missouri lol! I won't lie, it's a fantastic deal sha.

I'll say to consider the epidural, roughing it a lot easier said than done o! The pain is like nothing you've ever experienced.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oluwafunkenny: 10:39pm On Feb 28, 2015
Thinking of porting already, most especially same doctors fee for both CS and Vaginal. Any mum in the house who wants to follow Kizluv to St louis(though am still using Google to check the place. I first heard the name on her POE experience) in april should signify.

shelly23:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 10:46pm On Feb 28, 2015
shelly23:
lol. My concern isn't even about the pain... Most of us wouldn't have a choice than to face the pain if we were birthing in Naija. How many Naija hospital offers epidural.

My concern is just that its not a package deal. The hospital charges differently, the 800 for epidural doesnt include fee for anaesthesiologist and its only the doc fee that appears cheap. The man might even change the price after getting influxes of calls grin. I was considering Mobap before and when I called I was told 2700 for physician fee. So this 800 is good news! But looks too good to be true.

My advise to people who wants to port to st louis is to relax and allow Kizluv share her experience. See if there are no hidden charges and all after delivery, then you can now decide. To avoid stories that touch lipsrsealed

Kizluv get free accommodation. So a little surprise charges after delivery no go really affect her. Abi Kizluv? grin

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Pitykitten: 11:24pm On Feb 28, 2015
Kizluv for President! LOL
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 11:56pm On Feb 28, 2015
shelly23:

Hehe hehe, we do it Hebrew woman style. No mind me, I have a son, This is my second.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 12:01am On Mar 01, 2015
oas99:
My sister that pain ehn, I'm not even thinking of roughing cos I know myself, my last baby I didnt even cooperate, pls think we'll b4 u rough o! Though some pple don't feel the pain as such sha.

I was 55kg before preg and had a 3.78kg baby, if you see the boy, like broom stick, he was just a long long baby. I fast taya, cos I was scared I wouldn't be able to handle it, but I did well. I asked my inlaw about accommodation (extended stay), she said there is one not far from the hospitals and has a bus route to the hospital. I would try and get details next week.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 12:11am On Mar 01, 2015
IyawoToBe:
. I was considering Mobap before and when I called I was told 2700 for physician fee. So this 800 is good news! But looks too good to be true.

My advise to people who wants to port to st louis is to relax and allow Kizluv share her experience. See if there are no hidden charges and all after delivery, then you can now decide. To avoid stories that touch lipsrsealed

Abi Kizluv? grin

Yes ma, let me get everything first so we know for sure o. my hand no dai o. I would find out full details about the epidural well. 800 na the fees o, I ask taya, I say if I bring the 800 nothing more ? She said nothing more. Apart from regular appointment fee. I even asked for zero balance, she said no problem. Can't shout . I was given 2900 to when i called . Micheal Chen sef gave me 3000, but when you go there and say self pay he would bring it down to 1000, but he charges 50 for each appointment and my doc that charges 100.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 12:36am On Mar 01, 2015
Trying to post the maternity package i got from the hospital and what It covers, it even covers dinning on call, grin. (Meanwhile @ justwise, if this is inappropriate, lemme know I would take it down.)

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nicestlady: 2:18am On Mar 01, 2015
Luckychild2015:

Yes Doctors fees is included, u will have to call the women's health centre to book an appointment. Then mail Christine ur appointment details, then she will send u an appointment letter. I hope this helps.

pls I need help on how to call the women's health centre. What code if any do i need to put b4 the number. Do I need to call at special times or use another network? I'm using a visafone and calling from Lagos. Pls urgent response. My interview is next week.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by segbas(m): 3:42am On Mar 01, 2015
hello Kizluv, i sent you a PM, pls reply. with the Doctor number. i will re unite with my long time paddy in Misouri... lol

kizluv:
Trying to post the maternity package i got from the hospital and what It covers, it even covers dinning on call, grin. (Meanwhile @ justwise, if this is inappropriate, lemme know I would take it down.)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bbaby84(f): 4:49am On Mar 01, 2015
Actually it is different...
They ask men more questions e.g educational background and they don't ask women. I filled mine and my husband's so I know.

nefertitiram:

It is not different.
The answers you give in some sections lead to further question.
If you put in unemployed you won't get questions like how much you earn or place of employment.
If you put in you are being sponsored other parts will be skipped.
If you put in you are sponsoring they will require more details from you.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 5:04am On Mar 01, 2015
Pitykitten:
Kizluv for President! LOL

Yayy!!!, lol, my hand no dai o, I still hold my 2900 strong, I never use the money shop...

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Yemisi2015: 6:24am On Mar 01, 2015
Am interested in Mobap, anyone want to plan with me for April to May stay at extended stay.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 9:36am On Mar 01, 2015
bbaby84:
Actually it is different...
They ask men more questions e.g educational background and they don't ask women. I filled mine and my husband's so I know.

I am not a man and I was asked educational background, career background etc! grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ess: 10:13am On Mar 01, 2015
Dear Moms and Dads,

Can we also have an idea of which bank's ATM has less charges and give best exchange rate. Also visa or mastercard which is better?
This will also aid in making our financial decisions.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by yuugo: 10:57am On Mar 01, 2015
kizluv:

How do one fly from Abuja to missouri,which airline did u use.

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Newmum0615: 11:12am On Mar 01, 2015
Ur ways are not pure. U want me to start wallowing in self pity abi? It will not work for you o. $800 fa? Diaris God o.
kizluv:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 01, 2015
Ess:
Dear Moms and Dads,

Can we also have an idea of which bank's ATM has less charges and give best exchange rate. Also visa or mastercard which is better?
This will also aid in making our financial decisions.
diamond and heritage bank have the lowest exchange rate for now and also both master and visa cards work well abroad, but master card selects atms in some countries sha and visa has a wider range. It all depends sha
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by isysleek: 12:31pm On Mar 01, 2015
@Shagaman, I've sent u several pms bt no response.

Kindly respond to my pm. Thank you.

Meanwhile, pls can u do a detailed post of total cost for birthing and procedure for getting baby's papers just d way tvegas did for oakbend/houston? We will be very grateful.

quote author=shagaman post=31080674]

I got ticket online,American airlines,had someone buy it for me from here,but you can try it since its onoine you should be able to buy just leave like 2hrs after your landing time here because of poe and baggae clearance.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by isysleek: 12:34pm On Mar 01, 2015
Hello house, still waiting for a response to my post below.

Those who have stayed/staying in intown suites in El Paso, Pls assist o! Thank you.

isysleek:
Hello all,

For those who have stayed in intown suites El Paso, please which type of room is appropriate for two adults(mum and I) and a baby? Is it studio or two bed studio?

Please assist.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by wayinoma: 1:00pm On Mar 01, 2015
thanks for posting this may God bless you. Could you pls repost the quote has it is not clear enougg. Sorry for the wahala quote author=kizluv post=31186041]Trying to post the maternity package i got from the hospital and what It covers, it even covers dinning on call, grin. (Meanwhile @ justwise, if this is inappropriate, lemme know I would take it down.) [/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mom2015: 2:20pm On Mar 01, 2015
Hi guys,

I'm just got into atlanta less than 2 hrs ago. No stress at all.

Thanks to u guys for sharing ur experiences on Nairaland, it really helped a lot. My POE story goes thus.

I requested for a wheel chair and I had priority treatment all through the checkpoints.

Cbp: Hi, ur makeup suites ur scarf and top, that's nice (smiling)
Me: Hi, thank u
Cbp: why are u here
Me: to give birth...
Cbp: oh good
Cbp: have u travel to serria Leone or Liberia recently
Me: no, this is my first time to leave the country
Cbp: so you haven't traveled for vacation?
Me: no, I'm not too thrilled about traveling, I'm only traveling to be sure my baby is born safely.
Cbp: how many months pregnant are u?
Me: almost 8 months
Where will u be staying
Me: Houston
Cbp: are u expecting ur husband
Me: nope, not too sure. Hour is a very busy man
Cbp: where does he work?
Me: ....
Cbp: do u work?
Me: nope
Cbp: how much do u have on u
Me: $8k and #1k
Cbp: stamps me in for 6months and gives me my passport

No secondary inspection and we were smiling all thru. He didn't ask abt Dr appointment, neither did he request for any document.

Agriculture seized my rice (lol) and I didn't have any issues at the security check.

All in all took abt 15mins.

I'm just waiting for my connecting flight to Houston.

Thank God for his favor.

Wish all the mama's in d house a successful POE.

Dr Fagbohun, here I come..

22 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 2:39pm On Mar 01, 2015
Newmum0615:
Ur ways are not pure. U want me to start wallowing in self pity abi? It will not work for you o. $800 fa? Diaris God o.
Hahahaha, 800 is doctors fee for delivery only o. If your baby comes 43 weeks , you go see doctor Taya.
please to everyone, Please to Those who haven't bought their ticket, let me test the waters and see how it goes. The package from the hospital is pretty straight forward thou. I have replied a billion PM'S. The number I gave is fo my own doctor not any another doctor o. Meanwhile if you call and you are told philpott is fully booked (doubt that sha) Ask of Maria, she Is the financial counselor to all the 4 doctors in that office, explain to her you are self pay. She should be able to tell the fees for other doctors , maybe it's the same for all of them. Found tbe hospital on this site. Page 19.
Am trying to answer all the PM"s
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 2:42pm On Mar 01, 2015
mom2015:
Hi guys,

Thanks to u guys for sharing ur experiences on Nairaland, it really helped a lot. My POE story goes thus.

I requested for a wheel chair and I had priority treatment all through the checkpoints.

Cbp: Hi, ur makeup suites ur scarf and top, that's nice (smiling)
Me: Hi, thank u
Cbp: why are u here
Me: to give birth...
Cbp: oh good
Cbp: have u travel to serria Leone or Liberia recently
Me: no, this is my first time to leave the country
Cbp: so you haven't traveled for vacation?
Me: no, I'm not too thrilled about traveling, I'm only traveling to be sure my baby is born safely.
Cbp: how many months pregnant are u?
Me: almost 8 months
Where will u be staying
Me: Houston
Cbp: are u expecting ur husband
Me: nope, not too sure. Hour is a very busy man
Cbp: where does he work?
Me: ....
Cbp: do u work?
Me: nope
Cbp: how much do u have on u
Me: $8k and #1k
Cbp: stamps me in for 6months and gives me my passport

No secondary inspection and we were smiling all thru. He didn't ask abt Dr appointment, neither did he request for any document.

Agriculture seized my rice (lol) and I didn't have any issues at the security check.

All in all took abt 15mins.

I'm just waiting for my connecting flight to Houston.

Thank God for his favor.

Wish all the mama's in d house a successful POE.

Dr Fagbohun, here I come..
Wow! Is this the same atlanta? Or another one? grin Thank God for his favour o.

Pls as touching the wheelchair, did you request to be wheeled to the plane? And how was your experience with Delta airline?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Newmum0615: 3:23pm On Mar 01, 2015
Happy Sunday. For those making enquiries on Houston accommodation, I just saw a new advert for Pampered Stay Concierge services on this platform. You can check it out. Cos I am sure Precious Cedars and Soul care will soon run out of space. Cheerios smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zeezahbee(f): 4:44pm On Mar 01, 2015
mom2015:
Hi guys,

I dey expect you yippie grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by woaini(f): 5:25pm On Mar 01, 2015
kairi:

Hi,

Please can you help with a sample of the letter you sent?

Thanks,

Sorry for the late response, this was what I sent.
NOTIFICATION OF INTENT
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to notify the embassy of my travel plans. I have a B1/B2 visa which I used for a vacation late November last year. I am pregnant and we have decided to have our baby in the USA. I have made proper arrangements by contacting a doctor and a hospital for the purpose and we have adequate finances to cover all the expenses. 

I understand that my visa covers for the purpose but I would like to request that you kindly update my records to reflect this information. Also advise if there is any other thing I would need to know.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dittobaby: 5:54pm On Mar 01, 2015
isysleek:
@Shagaman, I've sent u several pms bt no response.

Kindly respond to my pm. Thank you.

Meanwhile, pls can u do a detailed post of total cost for birthing and procedure for getting baby's papers just d way tvegas did for oakbend/houston? We will be very grateful.

quote author=shagaman post=31080674]

I got ticket online,American airlines,had someone buy it for me from here,but you can try it since its onoine you should be able to buy just leave like 2hrs after your landing time here because of poe and baggae clearance.

Yes, o. Me too l would love shagaman to do a detailed outline for El Paso like the one tVegas did. It would really be helpful. Please o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mom2015: 6:10pm On Mar 01, 2015
IyawoToBe:
Wow! Is this the same atlanta? Or another one? grin Thank God for his favour o.

Pls as touching the wheelchair, did you request to be wheeled to the plane? And how was your experience with Delta airline?

I was wheeled into and out of the plane entrance. I only walk when I am on board....lol.

I just dey land for houston, cant wait to get home nd rest my body.

Happy new month y'all...

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Luckychild2015: 7:43pm On Mar 01, 2015
nicestlady:

pls I need help on how to call the women's health centre. What code if any do i need to put b4 the number. Do I need to call at special times or use another network? I'm using a visafone and calling from Lagos. Pls urgent response. My interview is next week.

Dail +1 and put the number afterwards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.