Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,878 members, 7,806,527 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1378798 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 8:56am On Jul 22, 2014
@lizcom25, you are welcome. wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Queenetha(f): 8:59am On Jul 22, 2014
Thanks a lot NIta. kiss

Nita2013: Hello Queenetha pls answer yes on that part of d question. Then on d reason part give d reason y u were denied d visa.

After givin d reason give another paragraph and state ur present reason for applying now (that u want to av ur baby in d US and u kno the cost implications and that u r aware u to pay ur bills nd u avv made all d necessary arrangements as to that and u do not intend to av recourse to public/govt funds bla bla bla.) just write a small story there cos that's d only place u can actually explain urself.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by rul77(f): 9:15am On Jul 22, 2014
@mamacajah thanks so much for d detailed information I would luv to do d Arizona hospital it's just Dat am traveling alone do u think I can go nd give birth all by my self I av a family in New Jersey.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TK2014: 9:20am On Jul 22, 2014
jyde2014:
I don't think it might take that long. My wife went for her interview on a friday,she was told they needed to confirm her details from WHMC and Dr Rizk. I discussed with a friend the following thursday who advised i should call them to know d status. Fortunately, i called the consular office on friday, exactly a week after her interview and to the lady's surprise she thought my wife had been contatcted to come submit her passport. They immediately contacted my wife to come submit her passport. she submitted on tuesday and by close of business on wednesday, her visa was ready for pick up.
Although cases are judged individually, i hope and pray yours is resolved soonest. However like i said earlier, keep calling them.
All the best.

please I have tried searchint for a number i can use to call them but to no avail. Please can you rember the number you called?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 9:54am On Jul 22, 2014
rul77: @mamacajah thanks so much for d detailed information I would luv to do d Arizona hospital it's just Dat am traveling alone do u think I can go nd give birth all by my self I av a family in New Jersey.

sweetheart, you are a strong woman, don't let anything tell you otherwise. We are fortunate to have family there, thats why we seem to have options. so many people, who have no one, have gone on their own, given birth alone and came back ok. yes there were some challenges especially after delivery unlike what we have here (family support) but you can input cost of a doula or helper for the 1st 2 weeks i think. Some mothers who have done it alone would be able to advice better. I am also a first timer. but this thread tends to give me hope especially for the el paso / mihs clans as they seem to form a family support system. Please always trust in GOD and he will direct you on what to do. don't ever think you can't do anything. carrying a pregnancy for 9 months and giving birth is not child's play neither is planning to leave your comfort zone in nigeria and travel elsewhere for the delivery. it is well.

And like I said earlier, you can stay with family if you plan to go early, then travel to Arizona and come back after delivery to NJ. Otherwise, go straight to Arizona (if you leave after 34 weeks) plan for 6 weeks and go to NJ after delivery.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by NicoleObi: 11:17am On Jul 22, 2014
Hello Mommas in the house.....pls who is considering going to Mihs in December? Seriously considering using this hospital and looking for people going same time as I am......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by momofangels: 12:05pm On Jul 22, 2014
Hello everyone. I am presently in El paso and have been since Thursday actually. Got in through Chicago and everything went well.if anyone is considering going through Chicago I think ts ok.
Not a lot of questions, they also didn't check my bags just asked if I had fresh food to which I responded "no" since all my food items were dry.they also asked why I am in the US?, why I chose el paso, which hospital in El paso as well as how much I had.
what is my husband's occupation, what's mine? What was I doing prior to this time?
No direct questions for my hubby or mum.made a lil joke with my kids on how grown they were and that was it .
Little tip for those of us still coming, you don't have to go through the long queue at any Poe, u can tell an officer there that you are pregnant so u can be moved to an expedited queue.worked for me twice.Good luck everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 12:07pm On Jul 22, 2014
Congrats momofangels..this is indeed good news. Wish you safe delivery and safe return home.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 12:09pm On Jul 22, 2014
I like your spirit dear!! Never say never..
Though nothing prepares you until you really experience it but one can and will definitely survive it.. I am going through that route too and I have prepared myself on been on my own for the first two weeks though this isn't my first child. It's one of the many sacrifices you take as a mother..
mamacajah:

sweetheart, you are a strong woman, don't let anything tell you otherwise.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by momofangels: 12:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
mamacajah: Congrats momofangels..this is indeed good news. Wish you safe delivery and safe return home.

Many thanks mamacajah
@stepedie have u met Noela by any chance? She's
supposed to be in the same place as you. Can't rem her nairaland moniker.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by stepedie: 12:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
lizcom25: @stepedie please could you give us the details of accommodation at elpaso closer to the hospital? I will appreciate.
I really don't know if i can do that here on the forum except @justwise can post up that it's okay to do that but sure can do it if you contact me by mail besides His Grace Lodge advert used to be on this group so justwise should be able to confirm the authenticity and give you information as well or contact @Noella as well as she is also presently in the lodge .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by stepedie: 12:35pm On Jul 22, 2014
momofangels:

Many thanks mamacajah
@stepedie have u met Noela by any chance? She's
supposed to be in the same place as you. Can't rem her nairaland moniker.
Yes I am presently at the lodge with Noella and she can also confirm it's a cool place...but you'll sure hear from her soonest.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by stepedie: 12:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
Logictinz:

Thanks Stepedie for the response. You mean I won't have issues or hassles with transporting to and fro the clinic\hospital?

If I need to make the booking, I only need to send email to HisGrace Lodge address on doctoresparati site?

Also, a friend is trying to help me make paymentin US for the &150 registration but the bank he went to make the payment says the Routing number I was giving is wrong. Have mailed Doctoresparati though yet to get any reply.
Concerning getting to the clinic His Grace Lodge actually offer 1 day trip every week for shopping and same day could probably be your appointment date who knows but you should please call her and discuss this.
But I had an airport pick up from the airport to the lodge organised by His Grace Lodge and she also took me and my wife to the clinic on our first appointment.
Concerning payments i can't say anything about that as I transferred to a friend's Naija MasterCard in the state who made the withdrawal here and helped me to make the payment to the clinic and the clinic sent me a confirmation message that they received the payment.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by foreverblessed: 12:51pm On Jul 22, 2014
Hello everyone,

I have been a silent follower of this thread for a while and was fortunate enough to have read all 220 or so pages before the glitch. I would like to thank everyone that have contributed one way or the other, in making this thread a worthwhile experience. I have also been able to advise a lot of people on various aspects of traveling/birthing based on info received here; God bless you all tremendously!

I got my visa long before pregnancy but following advice received on this thread, I have written to the Embassy informing them of my intended trip for birthing- I received their standard response.

For family reasons, I am skewed towards Atlanta, otherwise, El Paso/MIHS would have been great options. From what I have read @IyaTwins84 and @tytmed both of you are considering ATL, please can you share what info you have already on hospitals? I am considering Northside Hospital and Southern Regional, based on proximity to where I would likely be staying.

I have tried calling Northside a few times, but haven't been able to speak with the right person so far (keep getting their voice mail). Has anyone had better luck in contacting any other hospitals in Atl?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 22, 2014
@nicoleobi
Should b in phoenix by december.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mamatukwas: 2:07pm On Jul 22, 2014
foreverblessed: Hello everyone,

I have been a silent follower of this thread for a while and was fortunate enough to have read all 220 or so pages before the glitch. I would like to thank everyone that have contributed one way or the other, in making this thread a worthwhile experience. I have also been able to advise a lot of people on various aspects of traveling/birthing based on info received here; God bless you all tremendously!

I got my visa long before pregnancy but following advice received on this thread, I have written to the Embassy informing them of my intended trip for birthing- I received their standard response.

For family reasons, I am skewed towards Atlanta, otherwise, El Paso/MIHS would have been great options. From what I have read @IyaTwins84 and @tytmed both of you are considering ATL, please can you share what info you have already on hospitals? I am considering Northside Hospital and Southern Regional, based on proximity to where I would likely be staying.

I have tried calling Northside a few times, but haven't been able to speak with the right person so far (keep getting their voice mail). Has anyone had better luck in contacting any other hospitals in Atl?

For Southern Regional:

Here is a break down of what Southern Regional Charges for a delivery.

We are no longer taking new patients for prenatal care. Now the hospital does offer only the delivery packet (no prenatal) ..
*C-section $10,000
*Vaginal Delivery $6,500
Now there are fees that are not included with these amounts...
*Pediatrician 150.00 (whicih they usually give you a discount)
*Epidural - 300.00
*Anesthesiologist - 875.00
*Circumcision $300.00
extended time in the hospital would be extra too..

Hope this helps. Let me know if you eventually get info from Northside.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ebonyademi: 2:21pm On Jul 22, 2014
@nicoleobi and hollabeesy2014
Should b in phoenix by december by God's grace.

for dec mums, lets share our bbm group please

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by foreverblessed: 2:43pm On Jul 22, 2014
Mamatukwas:

For Southern Regional:

Here is a break down of what Southern Regional Charges for a delivery.

We are no longer taking new patients for prenatal care. Now the hospital does offer only the delivery packet (no prenatal) ..
*C-section $10,000
*Vaginal Delivery $6,500
Now there are fees that are not included with these amounts...
*Pediatrician 150.00 (which they usually give you a discount)
*Epidural - 300.00
*Anesthesiologist - 875.00
*Circumcision $300.00
extended time in the hospital would be extra too..

Hope this helps. Let me know if you eventually get info from Northside.

Thanks for the info @Mamatukwas. Would post any info I eventually get on Northside.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by atomwalexy: 3:26pm On Jul 22, 2014
[quote author=ebonyademi]@nicoleobi and hollabeesy2014
Should b in phoenix by december by God's grace.

for dec mums, lets share our bbm group.

Good suggestion ebonyademi, my wife will bé in Phoenix by November ending. It will bé good to bé in contact for communication sake and companionship.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ehido(m): 4:22pm On Jul 22, 2014
Hello All,

My wife is due in the last week of December by Gods grace, therefore if Granted visa she should be leaving Nigeria mid or late November for El Paso. My main concerns are these, i filled in the visa application form that I will be staying at In town suites, i called the lady she made a booking for us and gave us the booking ref. she promised to send the booking confirmation via mail but have not done so, I want to know if the verbal booking reference she gave me is enough to present at the embassy as proof that I and my wife will have a place to stay (we indicated that we have no relatives in America).

Also for those that have stayed in intown suites elpaso or those currently in the town, what is the distance from intown suites to the clinic, how can prepared are they in the case of emergency e.g. when labour starts,

How easy is it to move around town in El paso, e.g. doctors appointments, grocery shopping, baby shopping and all the passport and document waka.

for the Mothers that had no companion how easy was it to settle down in the town as my wife will be travelling abt two weeks ahead of me because of my work commitments also how effective is the nanny service just incase i cant make it when the baby eventually comes because she might be alone.

Thanks for the responses.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kuzeh: 5:23pm On Jul 22, 2014
Nita2013: Hello all,
I m MIHS bound next month as well as some other Mommas.

The cheapest accommodation so far in phoenix is Crossland Economy Studio. U can book tru extended stay on +18003987829 and tell them u want the extended stay programme. With d extended stay programme u get to pay $1200 for 60 days but to get this u av to book for minimum of 60days. But I hear from 1st October it will be higher. Also in crossland u can book for. Two double bed room.

As regards d reviews about Crossland, it's very bad but bear in mind that these reviewers r whites so little tins get to them. We have pple here that have stayed there and also some members here are there presently and they all say the place is ok. Crossland to MIHS by cab is about 15mins drive and $20/$20 back which is total of $40. By bus to and fro is about $4 but a total of 2hrs travel time (1hr going and 1hr coming back). The Mommas there said they use bus for antenatal visits and use cab when anyone is in labour. D $4 bus ticket is an all day pass.

Also as regards Zazu Pannee that's a more tushed apartment from what I av been told but they av some strict rules. They regard infant as adult. If u are going for a one bedroom in Zazu and u r goin with let's say ur mum or hubby, that makes it two persons and d rule is its a maximum of 2persons to a one bedroom thus if LO is born, d baby would be regarded as an adult thus u wud av to upgrade to two bedroom. This I was toldd when I called them and also a mail was sent to me as regards that. The lady I spoke with said it's their fire service rule. U can also call to confirm this. Their rates is weigh more than crossland.

Also there is Extended stay East Oak which is close to crossland as regards rates but it's still more expensive than Crossland and they av single beds only but from d pics, d place is nice.

There is also the one at biltmore that Blesyn83 is presently staying and she has talked about which she sayss is very good as well.

There are some apartments like Monterra, Camelback Cove etc but pls don't be deceived by the rates u see online, I personally called and they r all unfurnished apartments.

I hope I av been able to pass a little info. God bless us all
You are awesome @Nita2013

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Logictinz: 5:49pm On Jul 22, 2014
stepedie:
Concerning getting to the clinic His Grace Lodge actually offer 1 day trip every week for shopping and same day could probably be your appointment date who knows but you should please call her and discuss this.
But I had an airport pick up from the airport to the lodge organised by His Grace Lodge and she also took me and my wife to the clinic on our first appointment.
Concerning payments i can't say anything about that as I transferred to a friend's Naija MasterCard in the state who made the withdrawal here and helped me to make the payment to the clinic and the clinic sent me a confirmation message that they received the payment.

Thanks man. I appreciate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ekyblink: 7:18pm On Jul 22, 2014
I want to take a moment to appreciate everyone that have contributed to this thread, I wount be exaggerating if I say I run to this this thread whenever I have any question concerning my planned trip to USA to have my baby. Yes, I do have my questions answered. However, I have a little concern. My husband and I are traveling by second week of August to El Paso and my husband intends to return by the end of August due to his work while I stay back till November. I intend buying all my baby things in USA and shipping them to Nigeria as things are prober lying going to be cheaper over there. I don't know if this is actually cost effective as I think. Please advise. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by stepedie: 7:26pm On Jul 22, 2014
ekyblink: I want to take a moment to appreciate everyone that have contributed to this thread, I wount be exaggerating if I say I run to this this thread whenever I have any question concerning my planned trip to USA to have my baby. Yes, I do have my questions answered. However, I have a little concern. My husband and I are traveling by second week of August to El Paso and my husband intends to return by the end of August due to his work while I stay back till November. I intend buying all my baby things in USA and shipping them to Nigeria as things are prober lying going to be cheaper over there. I don't know if this is actually cost effective as I think. Please advise. Thanks.
It's sure effective my sister, just make sure you're not traveling with so much so that when hubby is going back he can load His 2 boxes and when you are leaving you can load yours as well atleast you are both entitled to 2 bags each.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 22, 2014
Hello all,
I'm going to apply for us visa to have my baby, I'm so nervous because I have been refused in the past 2011 twice, I was single then though. Now that I'm married with a kid, do I have a chance and what are the likely questions. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by FinanceFitness: 8:37pm On Jul 22, 2014
I'm not sure verbal confirmation number will work at the embassy, why not contact them again to resend the confirmation? they may have the wrong email address. At times, they want contact details of the hotel, as they may want to confirm your reservation or also corroborate your plans with the hotel address.

Intown/Ramada are about 10 minutes walk from each other and just about 5mins drive to the hospital. Transportation is often by taxis, there is a known taxi driver we all call, he knows everywhere Nigerians go to. There is also a metro bus line which is more stressful and slightly complex. Moving around is relatively easy but can be expensive in the long run, so trips have to be properly planned.

As there are many Nigerians around, she will be fine if she goes into labour without you there. It is like a family in elpaso, someone will likely go with her to the hospital.

No one has used the nanny service, but maybe if you research it?

On being alone post delivery, that's way tougher, although both veteran mums and first timers have done it in elpaso....with vaginal deliveries and cs. It is really challenging though.

Ehido: Hello All,

My wife is due in the last week of December by Gods grace, therefore if Granted visa she should be leaving Nigeria mid or late November for El Paso. My main concerns are these, i filled in the visa application form that I will be staying at In town suites, i called the lady she made a booking for us and gave us the booking ref. she promised to send the booking confirmation via mail but have not done so, I want to know if the verbal booking reference she gave me is enough to present at the embassy as proof that I and my wife will have a place to stay (we indicated that we have no relatives in America).

Also for those that have stayed in intown suites elpaso or those currently in the town, what is the distance from intown suites to the clinic, how can prepared are they in the case of emergency e.g. when labour starts,

How easy is it to move around town in El paso, e.g. doctors appointments, grocery shopping, baby shopping and all the passport and document waka.

for the Mothers that had no companion how easy was it to settle down in the town as my wife will be travelling abt two weeks ahead of me because of my work commitments also how effective is the nanny service just incase i cant make it when the baby eventually comes because she might be alone.

Thanks for the responses.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Lamisatuati: 8:41pm On Jul 22, 2014
@mimibe the fact that you were refused before has nothing to do with your new application insofar as the reason for the previous refusal is not fraud. For your new application I advice you fill B2 tourism medical and if possible apply with your husband and kid I think they tend to favour couples. Look for a hospital or doctor who will give you an estimate of cost and print the correspondent between you two.
Account statement that reflects you can afford the bills. Then a budget sheet which reflects things like accommodation, hospital and doctors cost, feeding and other things.
The questions they ask is purpose of visit, what you do, your income and please ensure you keep eye contact. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 22, 2014
@lamisatuati, thanks, my husband has a visa, but I'm planning to apply with my kid. I hope it will easy for us.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Lamisatuati: 10:05pm On Jul 22, 2014
@mimibe it will be by God's grace. You could make a photocopy of your husband's visa page so if you are asked why he is not applying u can say he has it and show it as proof.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by rul77(f): 9:36am On Jul 23, 2014
@atomwalexy Dat will be great I'm considering having my baby there too,will b due 2nd week of Dec re u traveling alone?is anyone going to MIHS alone?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by egariyi(f): 9:59am On Jul 23, 2014
larade:

@ egarqiyi

i've sent u several mails via NL but no response.

Sorry Larade, been busy since monday with end of school session activities. Have however responded to your e-mail.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by egariyi(f): 10:04am On Jul 23, 2014
shelly23: Please i'm still waiting for help with information on affordable hospitals/birth centers to give birth in Orlando Florida. Thanks
It's my first pregnancy and I don't want to go to El Paso or Phoenix cos I'll be going by myself and will rather stay where I have people. They are also helping me look, but the cheapest they've sent me so far is $17,000.
PLEASE I'D REALLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP AT ALL. thanks

Before you take this decision, please weight the cost of staying with 'your people' and what you are going to pay. From previous posts (may have been wiped off due to the cyber attack), its been stated that Maryland, Florida and other major cities are very expensive and in most cases, you pay even more than the quote given at the beginning. In a nutshell, please weight the options constructively before taking your final decision except you are the 'president's dota.

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.