Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,705 members, 7,802,096 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1378094 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ebonyademi: 10:24am On Jul 23, 2014
@ shelly23 u can check out this hospital in FL http://www.hialeahhosp.com/en-US/Pages/default.aspx#.U89-9ONdUyM
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by egariyi(f): 10:37am On Jul 23, 2014
mamacajah:

hello Logictinz, you can pay online here with a GTB mastercard. other el paso mamas and papaps please come give your opininon. smiley

May be there was a mistake. Pls e-mail Rodolfto to send the correct details. its not difficult. I did mine in the comfort of my home with my ipad from my dom account. Anybody with a dom account that do it provided you get the correct account details.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Queenetha(f): 10:38am On Jul 23, 2014
Hi Vivan,
How are u. congrats on ur baby. Pls did u get any correspondence from MIHS befor u travelled or was it just an email confirming ur appointment with financials and was dt all u took along with u to the embassy?

Thanks a lot.
vivianobas:

Hi Betty,

My name is Vivian and I can authoritatively tell you and every other person on this forum that I had my baby at MIHS and the experience was wonderful. I paid $2,888 during signing of the contract and didn't get any additional bill after delivery. For delivering without complications, I got a rebate of $250 4 weeks after delivery. I paid $260 for my baby's circumcision and also had to pay another $70 for additional pediatric checkup for my baby before we came back to Nigeria.

I even requested for a letter from the hospital stating that my account was at zero balance and they obliged me. So for anyone to come here and state the opposite is sad and disheartening. I cannot even begin to mention all the free stuffs I got from the hospital before and after delivery.

They don't lie and I can convincingly tell you that what you see is what you get and much more. I was there in March 2013 and to the best of my knowledge, they are still the way I left them in April 2012.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ebonyademi: 10:40am On Jul 23, 2014
i got info on an hospital in houston http://westhoustonmedical.com/ for some of us considering houston. Dr. La. email addy: sharshman@doctorla.com. you can send her a mail for the the break down on all maternity package. find attached what i got from her

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by egariyi(f): 10:42am On Jul 23, 2014
momofangels: Hello everyone. I am presently in El paso and have been since Thursday actually. Got in through Chicago and everything went well.if anyone is considering going through Chicago I think ts ok.
Not a lot of questions, they also didn't check my bags just asked if I had fresh food to which I responded "no" since all my food items were dry.they also asked why I am in the US?, why I chose el paso, which hospital in El paso as well as how much I had.
what is my husband's occupation, what's mine? What was I doing prior to this time?
No direct questions for my hubby or mum.made a lil joke with my kids on how grown they were and that was it .
Little tip for those of us still coming, you don't have to go through the long queue at any Poe, u can tell an officer there that you are pregnant so u can be moved to an expedited queue.worked for me twice.Good luck everyone.

Thank God for your smooth PoE. We give God all the glory. Looking forward to seeing you there.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 11:30am On Jul 23, 2014
@ebonyademi, does this cover hospital bills or only doctors' bills? I got this email from WHMC previous when I was searching for hospitals in houston as well.

"Congrats on your pregnancy! We are taking new clients. We provide complete maternity care and do both home births and birth center births. Our self pay package fee is $4,000. This includes prenatals, standard labs, labor and birth, and postpartum checkups. Of course, you can make payments. A non-refundable $400 payment is due down towards your total at your first prenatal visit. This does not include, pediatric care, circumcision, emergency transport, ultrasound( if needed), additional lab testing (if needed). "

So we do need to clarify what it is. If I remember correctly, others who used WHMC paid hospitals seperately from doctor's fee (before the tsunami on the site). I hope others who used Dr. La would help us on this. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ebonyademi: 11:54am On Jul 23, 2014
@mamacajah; People who have used this hospital b4 can enlighten us
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Kween2014: 12:12pm On Jul 23, 2014
Hello, this quotation of $3,340 from Dr. La does not include the hospital fee (WHMC), it is the doctor's fee only. The hospital fee is $2,500 for self pay patients (normal delivery) and $4,000 for C-section. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by AngelicBola83(f): 1:52pm On Jul 23, 2014
I have a friend who used WHMC in May. Then, his charges was about 2700 (not sure) but it was much lesser than 3,340, but because he was in popular demand especially on this forum, he increased his fee.

Like Kween2014 mentioned, La's fee is separate and the hospital fee is separate. I think she paid 2,500 for using WHMC.

I am surprise to read that WHMC does home birth as posted by mamacajah or ebonydeyemi
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 2:13pm On Jul 23, 2014
@kween2014 and angelicbola83, thanks for the clarification. it helps a whole lot wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ebonyademi: 2:21pm On Jul 23, 2014
i just got this mail from Dr. la WHMC

Thank you for your email. As far as pricing goes, assuming you are pregnant with a single fetus and have a vaginal delivery, you should expect to pay: $3340 (Dr. La)*, $2500 (Hospital), $200 (Pathology) and $500 (Pediatrician) OR a total of $6540. If you decide to use anesthesia/epidural, add an additional $1200 to the total cost. The hearing test for the baby is optional but if you decide to do this, add $326 to the total cost. Both anesthesia and the baby’s hearing test is optional.

** This price could change if you are pregnant with twins or come before 36 weeks or are pregnant with a son and wish to have him circumcised. I can’t give you a more accurate price until I know your history. However, a 36 week ultrasound is $150; circumcision is $325.

I hope this provides you with the information you are requesting. Let me know if you need additional information. And, I’ll be looking to receive your OB Questions.

Have a good day,
Sheri
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ebonyademi: 2:27pm On Jul 23, 2014
For the hospital in Dallas;

Hospital Medical Centre of Plano
Doctor is Dr. Irving Ronver ..... North Texas OBGYN
Phone No: +1-972-867-6400
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 3:08pm On Jul 23, 2014
thanks ebonyademi.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 6:54pm On Jul 23, 2014
El paso veterans, kindly give your suggestions. How do I make an affordable hotel reservation that we can show at the embassy during interview. I need something not more than $1200 per month. We are travelling by December and the rates I got on booking.com are extremely high. I also contacted his grace lodge just to make reservation and it seems they request payment up front, which I am not comfortable with.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by egariyi(f): 7:10pm On Jul 23, 2014
Tvegas: El paso veterans, kindly give your suggestions. How do I make an affordable hotel reservation that we can show at the embassy during interview. I need something not more the $1200 per month. We are travelling by December and the rates I got on booking.com are extremely high. I also contacted his grace lodge just to make reservation and it seems they request payment up front, which I am not comfortable with.

Pls make online reservation with Intown suites and you will receive instant reservation comfirmation. This is what we used during our visa interview. You will not be asked to pay any money until u arrive there. It's also within your budget compared to other options like Ramada.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ehido(m): 8:34pm On Jul 23, 2014
egariyi:
Pls make online reservation with Intown suites and you will receive instant reservation comfirmation. This is what we used during our visa interview. You will not be asked to pay any money until u arrive there. It's also within your budget compared to other options like Ramada.

Pls how did you the booking from intown suites, I have been trying to book but i dont seem to get any reservation email sent to my box even when it says so on their site. I have cross checked my email and its very correct, I'm stock with intown suites now cos thats what I filled in my visa application as where we will be staying, I dont want to raise any form of suspicion by booking another hotel in el paso.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by rul77(f): 8:45pm On Jul 23, 2014
I'm considering having my baby in Phoenix Arizona,will b due 2nd week of Dec if ure going to be there around that time pls send me a private message...let's share ideas...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Logictinz: 8:56pm On Jul 23, 2014
I am also interested in knowing the website site to make intown suite reservation.have been trying to book but can't .

Thanks people.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ibtisam24: 9:14pm On Jul 23, 2014
Dear MAms and Dads I reach New York yesterday the airport very busy and officer was very kind he ask me what is my job and my husband 's job. And if we know friends in US that's it . Will have rest here for 4 days then fly to Phoenix plz Ladies send me your number or black berry pin to contact you there. I am gonna feel alone when my husband leave.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 9:17pm On Jul 23, 2014
congrats ibtisam24 on your successful POE.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ibtisam24: 9:21pm On Jul 23, 2014
Dear house do you any contact or address of notary in Phoenix and the cost? My hobby should give me a latter to allow me apply for baby's passport if he does not be here the time of delivering baby.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ibtisam24: 9:23pm On Jul 23, 2014
Thank you mamacajah I pray for rest of Mams to reach us safe and have smooth entry Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 11:14pm On Jul 23, 2014
egariyi:

thanks for your suggestion
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Varvara: 4:21am On Jul 24, 2014
Hi, everybody! I will have my interview in 4 of august. I need advice. My husband will be my sponsor and we'll apply together. He has his payslips salary, I don't have recent three months payslips salary, because officially I started to work just one month ago, but I'm working here from December of the last year. SO I can bring just employee letter (without date of start ) and bank statement. Do you think is it enough payslips from husband side?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by LeonessAug: 4:34am On Jul 24, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 10:10am On Jul 24, 2014
Hi @twizzie, @ifax

Just to update you that I have just picked my visa up. I was able to use the dropbox process even though my last US visa had expired over 1 year ago. So I can confirm that anyone whose last visa expired no more than 2 years prior to re-applying can use the dropbox method. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 10:36am On Jul 24, 2014
GenoMI: Hi @twizzie, @ifax

Just to update you that I have just picked my visa up. I was able to use the dropbox process even though my last US visa had expired over 1 year ago. So I can confirm that anyone whose last visa expired no more than 2 years prior to re-applying can use the dropbox method. Thanks for your help.

@GenoMi, congrats! Thanks for sharing..At least I have learned that here. My mom had to go for another interview even though she wanted to renew and the VO told her she could have used the drop box if her visa hadn't expired(it was less than a year). Good thing ifax explained better!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ibtisam24: 11:22am On Jul 24, 2014
@leonessaug thank you so much I am still confused where to stay in Phoenix between crossland or amirecan extand or zazu. I reach on 26 there and have to visit those places. I am thinking of crossland caz most moms there but review on google was nosy that good about it. I will send you pm by email today. I wanna meet you and ather Moms to be.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dserious: 2:23pm On Jul 24, 2014
Hello All, i have been silently reading through the 77pages of this thread, sooooo informative..God bless u all for your generous contributions.

I would really love to do Maryland cos my sis lives there, please anybody with info on affordable costs of CS delivery should pls help me out with hospital names and costs. D max i can do is 10k for both doctor and hospital fees, tests etc.

My two next options are of course MIHS and Elpaso. Can anyone please confirm what the price of CS delivery is at MIHS i.e. after discount if u register and pay cash immediately. This part of the website http://mihs.org/patient-information/price-and-financial-policy says 5,200 while the maternity plan agreement i downloaded says 4,200. Also, im due mid-october, and i intend to fly at 38wks, would MIHS accept to take me that late; and would i be entitled to the discount.
Im interested in joining any bbm group available, @ Leonessaug and @Blesyn83, i ll b sending my pin to ur emails, kindly add me if there is any bbm group.

Im pretty clear on the processes for Elpaso, @Egariyi, im also emailing my BBpin to you, kindly add me to the bbm group you mentioned earlier.

Thanks @ all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 2:39pm On Jul 24, 2014
twizzie:

@GenoMi, congrats! Thanks for sharing..At least I have learned that here. My mom had to go for another interview even though she wanted to renew and the VO told her she could have used the drop box if her visa hadn't expired(it was less than a year). Good thing ifax explained bettber!

@twizzie Hmm. It somehow seems the VO in your mums case wasn't sure. I'm not surprised because I also called the helpline on their website before reapplying to find out of I was eligible and was told I was not. If not for the information @ifax provided I would have also gone through the long interview method. Well it's good we have this forum to learn and share. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by stepedie: 3:06pm On Jul 24, 2014
Tvegas: El paso veterans, kindly give your suggestions. How do I make an affordable hotel reservation that we can show at the embassy during interview. I need something not more than $1200 per month. We are travelling by December and the rates I got on booking.com are extremely high. I also contacted his grace lodge just to make reservation and it seems they request payment up front, which I am not comfortable with.
Well i am at His Grace Lodge and the place is cool. I had to pay for a week upfront as well which is part of the lease and balanced up for the rest of my stay when i got here and am not disappointed at the hospitality and the environment. They have various rooms but am sure the one for 250usd and 275usd per week should still be within ur budget for a month.
I think i prefer His Grace Lodge though compared to ramada and Intown suite but you got your choice to make though.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zina24: 4:20pm On Jul 24, 2014
hello house, I have been going this thread for a while, i need help from the house, i intend giving birth in New Jersey because I have a family there.
please can you help with delivery birthing plan with medical centers around that area and cost of total package

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.