Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1378951 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 6:57pm On Jul 28, 2014
Thanks all.

@nefertitiram congrats, we are expecting twins too. I feel you on the size of your belly, its usually bigger than Singleton.

My own @fabulousmum, how you doing? Longest time... smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by rul77(f): 8:13pm On Jul 28, 2014
Hello house,has anyone used New Jersey as point of entry?if yes how was d experience?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by egariyi(f): 8:37pm On Jul 28, 2014
@Oawale, congrats on your smooth Poe. Am also Houston Poe this Aug. pray for smooth entry as well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Logictinz: 9:04pm On Jul 28, 2014
Ehido, how did you manage to get the confirmation page for the intown suite booking reservation. Am having same issue.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dserious: 10:00pm On Jul 28, 2014
@Larabe and oawele, congrats on your smooth entry

@Leoness aug thanks for ur response.

Im most likely phoenix bound end sept, @akelvin and @nefertitiram we are on the same calendar, pls lets share ideas. @leonessaug and @blesyn are also phoenix mommas and have been helpful
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hopefulme: 10:29pm On Jul 28, 2014
oawele: Thanks all.

@nefertitiram congrats, we are expecting twins too. I feel you on the size of your belly, its usually bigger than Singleton.

My own @fabulousmum, how you doing? Longest time... smiley
congrats on ur Poe can imagine what was on your mind on your post 2weeks ago.nice one.please,was your flight final destination Houston?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 11:38pm On Jul 28, 2014
@hopefulme my final destination is phoneix.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ehido(m): 12:55am On Jul 29, 2014
Logictinz: Ehido, how did you manage to get the confirmation page for the intown suite booking reservation. Am having same issue.

The situation with the intown suites booking is still same, I've not been able to get a confirmation. I'm still wondering how to go abt it before my embassy appointment date arrives.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ibtisam24: 2:09am On Jul 29, 2014
Hi dear moms I reach Phoenix from ny 2 days back and I went to Mhis it's really nice like some recommend and very big hospital and treat me well. Thank you for all Moms or Dads who adviced me or recommend me to use Mhis.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by naijamumcarephx(f): 4:33am On Jul 29, 2014
Ibtisam24: Hi dear moms I reach Phoenix from ny 2 days back and I went to Mhis it's really nice like some recommend and very big hospital and treat me well. Thank you for all Moms or Dads who adviced me or recommend me to use Mhis.

Welcome to Phoenix. Make sure you stay hydrated by carry a cold bottle of water with you always. This heat.... e get as he be o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by naijamumcarephx(f): 4:50am On Jul 29, 2014
nefertitiram: Hi all, esp @oawele been a while. Been silent cos I have trying to consider my options.
I have finally decided to scrape and save to have my babies in US.
I am 5mths now, bt looking like 7mths cos it's a multiple birth. I have decided to use MIHS, but have to stop over for a business meeting in October in NY. And I am due in Dec, so inadvertedly I have to stay in US for 2mths. I know nobody in US, and I hear MIHS is a 4hr flight from NY. I am confused at this point.

I will be travelling alone, I am expecting 2 babies and I know nobody in US. Will any expectant mother here be using MIHS, let's hook up so that boredom will not finish me. And what will I be doing in the desert for 3mths?

You are a strong woman o, may God continue to keep you thru the whole process. I live in Phoenix. You would be coming at a good time when the weather is much bearable. I'm sure if you choose an accommodation where other Nigerian mums stay, it won't be too boring.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jyde2014: 10:41am On Jul 29, 2014
TK2014:

@Jyde2014 please I have not received any response from you based on the question asked above.
Gd Day; Sorry been offline for a few days. My wife had her interview in Lagos.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Logictinz: 11:57am On Jul 29, 2014
Ehido:

The situation with the intown suites booking is still same, I've not been able to get a confirmation. I'm still wondering how to go abt it before my embassy appointment date arrives.

Thanks. Just wondering what to do. I have called them and they made the booking and told me to wait that I will get the confirmation, till now nothing oooooo.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 12:12pm On Jul 29, 2014
dserious: @Larabe and oawele, congrats on your smooth entry

@Leoness aug thanks for ur response.

Im most likely phoenix bound end sept, @akelvin and @nefertitiram we are on the same calendar, pls lets share ideas. @leonessaug and @blesyn are also phoenix mommas and have been helpful

Awesome! I leave for NY sept ending, shd b in phoenix early october
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2014
Ok Phoenix mamas. I see we av quite a number of moms for oct-nov. I'll be leaving early October.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by akelvin(f): 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2014
@nefertitiram and dserious,will b nice planning and sharing ideas together.i'm leaving september ending but still researching d accomodations around.d review on crossland got me a little bit worried in using d place.@ibtisam,thank God for arriving safely.pls since u r already in phoenix,it wuld b nice if u culd help us with reliable information on accomodation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dinawe: 2:39pm On Jul 29, 2014
Alot of MIHS mama's. Tried sending a private message to nefertitiram, freshface and dseriousbut it kept saying ''You have sent too many anonymous mails. Please wait.''

Anyway, initially i made up my mind for elpaso, but because they won't let me try VBAC, i have to consider MIHS.

Crossland Economy Studio is not a bad place, have had someone explain that the review online is from Oyibo's, it's not bad at all. Many naija ladies have stayed there and i haven't heard any complain yet.

The great thing for now is the fact that their is a bus route in Phoenix (correct me if i am wrong), you can use just $4 per day to get to anywhere u want to go.

Will be leaving naija second week of September. Planning to use BA (Hope there is no wahala with that?), as against Arik. Heard their wahala is too much irrespective of what is on their website.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by T4Tough(f): 2:46pm On Jul 29, 2014
Hello good people of this thread. I salute you for your immense help and contributions. Pls i need help with some issues. In My Visa application i stated i will bé staying in maryland cos i ve relatives There but must of the hospital i contacted There are finding it difficult to send written correspondence they are all about Phone confirmation which i cant take to the embassy for interview. I was able to get correspondence from a hospital in Texas which i might use cos i ve some friends There too. But amb confused If i present the Texas hospital If it wont mar My chances since i ve stated an address in maryland. And amb going with My kids and MIL although MIL has a Visa already. Pls help cos interview is very soon.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dinawe: 2:58pm On Jul 29, 2014
@ T4Tough. Just tell them the truth, you have a family at Maryland, but you'll prefer to use the texas hospital. That's if they ask oh! This guys are not so heartless and unreasonable.

Just relax and be honest. I wish you all the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by T4Tough(f): 4:46pm On Jul 29, 2014
@dinawe thanks for the reassurance. I can see the truth is doing wonder in this thread

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by AyaSho(f): 8:15pm On Jul 29, 2014
Pls I need your advice. My visa will be expiring in March next year. Was told it is better to put in for draw box in January. Please is it advisable to do that. Also, can I also put in for draw box with kids( they don't have Visa)
Your Candid opinion need
One love.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by desertmoonxr: 8:21pm On Jul 29, 2014
dinawe: Alot of MIHS mama's. Tried sending a private message to nefertitiram, freshface and dseriousbut it kept saying ''You have sent too many anonymous mails. Please wait.''

Anyway, initially i made up my mind for elpaso, but because they won't let me try VBAC, i have to consider.

...thats odd, my sister just had a baby through VBAC(much more expensive) in El Paso with Doctoresparati in June and they list the price on the website

I was just approved my visa and will be going to el paso. Officer was a bit rude during the interview too. He asked a lot of questions and then asked for proof that I had doctor and financial solvency. I showed him the letter of medical responsibility from Doctoresparati. He called them in front of me and even mentioned their name and greeted her. I heard him ask that he was confirming I was a patient (I guess they said yes), he immediatelt changed attitude and stamped me for 6 months.

Im bound for El Paso and will be there in August and September, please is there anybody going? I would love to meet up.... And what places are people using and how far is it from the hospital
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dinawe: 9:09pm On Jul 29, 2014
@ desertmoonxr: ...thats odd, my sister just had a baby through VBAC[b](much more expensive) [/b]in El Paso with Doctoresparati in June and they list the price on the website

That's actually my point, why should it be much more expensive than CS? More than x 2.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dinawe: 9:16pm On Jul 29, 2014
AyaSho: Pls I need your advice. My visa will be expiring in March next year. Was told it is better to put in for draw box in January. Please is it advisable to do that. Also, can I also put in for draw box with kids( they don't have Visa)
Your Candid opinion need
One love.

You can use the drop box, either before it expires or within 12 months after it expires.
You cannot use the drop box for your children if they don't have a visa already. The drop box option is only for renewal of visa (though not all class of visa.)

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by vcole: 11:00pm On Jul 29, 2014
Good day all. I've been an avid reader of this post and it has been really insightful. I'm due in October and planning on using el paso. I've got all my documents ready, however, because I didn't make up my mind on time, by the time I submitted my visa app, earliest available date is sept 2nd, my travel date is just a week after that. Any info anyone has on how I can get an earlier date would be highly appreciated. Thanks. P.S. the intown suites site does have a problem. It makes your booking but doesnt show a confirmation page and doesnt send hou an email. Its been like this for about 3 weeks. I had to call to make a reservation which they say is fine .however, I booked somewhere else and filled that in for the purpose of my visa interview.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Imo007: 2:12am On Jul 30, 2014
Extended stay america on east oak is nice too. And its about 8mins[($11) cab to d hosp.
Its probably very slightly more expensive than crossland but u get a good bargain for a longer stay.
The reviews online r really opposite from what ive seen staying here.i dont understand this oyibo pple.
And a plus is that its a walking distance from lots of stores, resturants, pharmacy e.t.c.

akelvin: Ave been a silent follower of this trend ,read frm page one to d last n it has been of great help to me.considering all I read decided to use MIHS to give birth n will b due nov by God's grace hoping to go by sept,looking for who wuld d in Phoenix dat period cos of boredom.pls anyone with info on accommodation aside cross land in phonix nt too far frm d hospital will appreciate d details.@neferitiram,where do u intend staying?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by LeonessAug: 2:47am On Jul 30, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ibtisam24: 3:05am On Jul 30, 2014
Dear Moms I find here in Phoenix very very nice accommodation in safe place one bedroom or bed room hall kitchen dressing room. Very clean and they clean every day friendly people. By car to MIHS 12 minutes exactly. It's in Scottsdale 1066 $ small flat. I want share my experience caz every body help me here.
I went zazu but here better and we can stay here 4 adults no problem. Name is hospitalitysuits Now is sheap but by October about 1400

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ibtisam24: 3:06am On Jul 30, 2014
Dear Moms I find here in Phoenix very very nice accommodation in safe place one bedroom or bed room hall kitchen dressing room. Very clean and they clean every day friendly people. By car to MIHS 12 minutes exactly. It's small flat. I want share my experience caz every body help me here.
I went zazu but here better and we can stay here 4 adults no problem. Now is sheap but by October about 1400
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ibtisam24: 3:10am On Jul 30, 2014
Dear moms and Dads if you need more info number photo I can take photos of my flat and send it you. Just email me. I am here 3 days and exstand it for a month.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by FinanceFitness: 4:10am On Jul 30, 2014
I agree with you LeonessAug.

I was at elpaso all through June and can authoritatively say no one had their baby through vbac, I remember the doctor even saying he isn't going to try for someone who wanted it badly.

Maybe there are trolls indeed for elpaso, it is quite interesting to find out this way if this is true

Can you please confirm what doctor handled the VBAC? Just in case I'm wrong?

LeonessAug: Your story doesn't seem to match up.
You were stamped for 6months when you are yet to travel

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.