Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1378994 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ibtisam24: 7:15am On Jul 31, 2014
@queentha I have an appointment with dr on 4th after I meet finically deparment 3 days back so if you want me try to get you an appointment with dr I will try and ask if possible. If yes will let them send you an email. If that is ok with you send me ur name birthdate email Id. I wish I can help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 31, 2014
Ibtisam24: @queentha I have an appointment with dr on 4th after I meet finically deparment 3 days back so if you want me try to get you an appointment with dr I will try and ask if possible. If yes will let them send you an email. If that is ok with you send me ur name birthdate email Id. I wish I can help

Can you help me too? Been trying to book both Doctor's and finance appointments and to get them to send me an email, all to no avail.

Please, respond to my PM so I can give you my details. Thanks alot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Imo007: 8:01am On Jul 31, 2014
akelvin: @nefertitiram; ; that's a nice one nt bad.hwz d distance to d hospital n wwhat's d name? Thanks for d info pls keep us posted wit any info n others u get to knw abt@imo007:thanks for d info on d extended stay will check it out online. Pls iz it furnished

Yes d extended stay is furnished.
All d info is online. As it is.
@nefertiiram: d apartments u r talking abt (palm shadows and twin somthing...iv forgotten d name),u'd need to buy beddings n utensils (or pay to rent from dem) n some other essentials
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kuzeh: 8:30am On Jul 31, 2014
Ibtisam24: @queentha I have an appointment with dr on 4th after I meet finically deparment 3 days back so if you want me try to get you an appointment with dr I will try and ask if possible. If yes will let them send you an email. If that is ok with you send me ur name birthdate email Id. I wish I can help
Please can you help me too?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kuzeh: 8:37am On Jul 31, 2014
Dearest MIHS/CROSSLAND Mums. ..
Please how do I go about booking Crossland and will also like to know if they require payment upfront? Kindly respond ASAP. God bless! !!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Queenetha(f): 8:49am On Jul 31, 2014

@Ibtisam24 thanks a lot. I just sent u an email. pls respond so I can send u my details for follow up, pls wt did u now take to the embassy as hospital correspondence. can I go with just the email print out confirming my appointment with financial, or do I wait and see if I can get a Dr's appointment. Thanks a lot. God bless you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dserious: 9:11am On Jul 31, 2014
@ neferititiram, nice job with the siesta palm apartment thingy...we will need to confirm if all they state on their website is truly as is.

@ Queenetha i hope Ibtisam succeds in getting u an appointment, but if she doesnt you can print out the email you got from financial and also download the maternity package plan word document from the MIHS website and attach to it. Just have enough funds in your account to show you can afford all expenses.You shld be fine with that. Please can you share d phone number/email address of the person that emailed you from MIHS. I am yet to have any contact with MIHS and need to that asap. Thanks.

@Ibtisam pls i wll pm you my details too, will appreciate if you can help me wt dr appointment, thanks.

I think air fare prices are generally dropping now wink, saw Air france return ticket for abt $1,200 lagos-paris-NY....Im waiting for further reductions b4 i book cheesy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 31, 2014
vcole:
Thanks. Well, I didn't have the energy to keep refreshing the page. Lol. So I got someone to do it, and I've got a date for second week of august.

Pls can I ve details of d person u paid? I need an appointment date ASAP
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 9:29am On Jul 31, 2014
Imo007:

Yes d extended stay is furnished.
All d info is online. As it is.
@nefertiiram: d apartments u r talking abt (palm shadows and twin somthing...iv forgotten d name),u'd need to buy beddings n utensils (or pay to rent from dem) n some other essentials

Yes my dear, I saw so, I actually don't mind o, I'd rather buy my own linen and kitchen stuff (Ebola tinz) just kidding.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Queenetha(f): 9:39am On Jul 31, 2014
dserious: @ neferititiram, nice job with the siesta palm apartment thingy...we will need to confirm if all they state on their website is truly as is.

@ Queenetha i hope Ibtisam succeds in getting u an appointment, but if she doesnt you can print out the email you got from financial and also download the maternity package plan word document from the MIHS website and attach to it. Just have enough funds in your account to show you can afford all expenses.You shld be fine with that. Please can you share d phone number/email address of the person that emailed you from MIHS. I am yet to have any contact with MIHS and need to that asap. Thanks.

@Ibtisam pls i wll pm you my details too, will appreciate if you can help me wt dr appointment, thanks.

I think air fare prices are generally dropping now wink, saw Air france return ticket for abt $1,200 lagos-paris-NY....Im waiting for further reductions b4 i book cheesy

Hi Dserious, the number to call is +1 602-344-5407 MIHS Women's clinic. for the email, its melina.llanes2@mihs.org but the lady said she usually doesn't receive emails from outside their organization, I dnt know wt she means by that cos I replied her mail but she didn't respond and I had to call her to ask if she got them. Pls share with me ur outcome when u call or email. thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bestie101: 11:02am On Jul 31, 2014
hi everyone.
I've been a silent follower before the site was wiped.
pls is there anyone who has had twins in el-paso or is having twins? is the cost different?
plus I won't have anyone to help me when I give birth... sad hope the officer won't use this as an excuse
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by egariyi(f): 11:16am On Jul 31, 2014
bestie101: hi everyone.
pls is there anyone who has had twins in el-paso or is having twins? is the cost different?
plus I won't have anyone to help me when I give birth... sad hope the officer won't use this as an excuse

You definitely will need help when returning. airlines permits one adult to a child or infant. As regards help in El Paso, am sure there are baby sits recommended by Doctores Parati if you require their services. Besides, there are lots of other naija moms around that render support to one another. As for the cost, am sure you pay a little additional to normal prices (not very sure) but pls check their website, everytin is stated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 11:39am On Jul 31, 2014
Yep, There is no way you will be allowed to fly alone with two infants. Have you thought of you flying 18 hours with two infants? How do you want to cope? If you are a first time mom, then you need one or two sef (lol)Your hubby might have to come join you or better still your mom. That way, she will be a helping hand even before the flight back home.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 11:43am On Jul 31, 2014
Hi Ibtisam24, thanks for offering to help.. Can you help book an appointment too? Reaching these MIHS people via mail or phone is like Jamb.. Pls PM you once you agree to help. Thanks a lot dear.. Hope you are settled well?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 11:46am On Jul 31, 2014
@ neferititiram, thanks for the heads up.. Checked out the website, seems too good with the free food during the week.. When will you be in Arizona? Should be there October ending though I will have been in the US prior to that time. Do you mind if I send you a PM?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 31, 2014
good morning all
please dis is for mommas in phoenix. wot do i nid to bring along for my appointment wit fin concillor apart from money? cos d letter of appointment i got from dem dis morning says i suld com with a long list of impossible things. Pls wot exactly would dey require?

2- please for those of u tat av gone for ur visa interviews is it compulsory I go wit a confirmation of a booked accommodation? R dey very keen about it?
Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Queenetha(f): 12:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
Hi,

Pls d appointment letter u got was sent from who and what does it entail is it still d same appointment letter confirming ur appointment wit financial or wt? thanks a lot.

hollabeesy2014: good morning all
please dis is for mommas in phoenix. wot do i nid to bring along for my appointment wit fin concillor apart from money? cos d letter of appointment i got from dem dis morning says i suld com with a long list of impossible things. Pls wot exactly would dey require?

2- please for those of u tat av gone for ur visa interviews is it compulsory I go wit a confirmation of a booked accommodation? R dey very keen about it?
Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 12:33pm On Jul 31, 2014

My dear, It is because of twin birth I am going to MIHS, it is $200 extra if its a twin birth, very convenient. I also don't have anyone to help me when I give birth oo, but if they dont ask you, no need to mention it.
Sorry, I don't have info on El-Paso to help you with.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 12:37pm On Jul 31, 2014
twizzie: @ neferititiram, thanks for the heads up.. Checked out the website, seems too good with the free food during the week.. When will you be in Arizona? Should be there October ending though I will have been in the US prior to that time. Do you mind if I send you a PM?

Please send me the PM, I will be in Arizona at the beginning of october, but will be in US prior to then as well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 12:39pm On Jul 31, 2014
hollabeesy2014: good morning all

Thank you.

Abeg, what are they asking for? I am still expecting my letter from them o! I thought it was just money that they needed!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Queenetha(f): 1:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
Hi Nef,

Pls u didn't ans my question on whether u were mailed the hospital correspondence frm MIHS or is just an email u av cos I called dm last month and was told dy will mail me an appointment letter only to call back when I didn't receive it and be told dt dy will only send email which dy did anyway.

Abeg, what are they asking for? I am still expecting my letter from them o! I thought it was just money that they needed![/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Queenetha(f): 1:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
Nef: Hi Nef,

Pls u didn't ans my question on whether u were mailed the hospital correspondence frm MIHS or is just an email u av cos I called dm last month and was told dy will mail me an appointment letter only to call back when I didn't receive it and be told dt dy will only send email which dy did anyway.

Abeg, what are they asking for? I am still expecting my letter from them o! I thought it was just money that they needed!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ibtisam24: 2:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
@queenetha I will try book you an appointment but for which email you shoul take to embassy I can't advice you because I have no experiences for applying for visa while pregnant. Ather moms will advice better.

@ phema send me email if I could get appointment for you will be good like that all moms to be here will help.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by amash(f): 2:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
hi everyone.... I plan on giving birth in the U.S.A my due date is in feb 2015, I haven't started any processes yet, not visa or choice of city. i want something really affordable...i need steps on how to go about it, I trust to get candid info from here. HOW DO I BEGIN, it all looks so much procedures to do. HELP please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 2:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
amash: hi everyone.... I plan on giving birth in the U.S.A my due date is in feb 2015, I haven't started any processes yet, not visa or choice of city. i want something really affordable...i need steps on how to go about it, I trust to get candid info from here. HOW DO I BEGIN, it all looks so much procedures to do. HELP please

Hello Amash, welcome to the thread. Please take time to read through the pages, have a note down or open a word document and save every vital information you come across. All you need has been said over and over on the thread.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 4:46pm On Jul 31, 2014
[quote author=Queenetha][/quote]

I have not received any appointment letter, she just took my details, said they will post it to my address and gave me a date to meet with the Fin. Counsellor. (oct 14) I already have a visa, I got it last August, so I am not in a hurry to get the letter though. I hope I could help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 4:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
Queenetha: Hi Nef,

I have not received any appointment letter, the lady on the phone just took my contact details, said they will post it to my address and gave me a date to meet with the Fin. Counsellor. (oct 14) I already have a visa, I got it last August, so I am not in a hurry to get the letter though. I hope I could help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by foreverblessed: 4:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
@Mamatukwas and other interested in ATL, here's what I received from Northside & Piedmont.

Hope it helps you come to a decision. For me, I am still pretty much undecided. I didn't bother contacting from Southern Regional again, as I read not-too-good reviews online.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Blesyn83: 4:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
nefertitiram:

Hi all,

All u need to go with is ur cash, nothing more. I'm in phoenix right now, I have my 4th appointment scheduled for tomorrow.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mollydee88: 6:03pm On Jul 31, 2014
Hello Nairalanders and Expectant mothers and fathers.....

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bestie101: 6:04pm On Jul 31, 2014
thanks to all who have answered my question. my hubby will be too busy to follow me and my mother in law is an illiterate. she can't speak any English other than "come and "go"

meanwhile before the pages got wiped, I read of someone's mother who was also an illiterate but she was granted visa.

she will be of great help... its just the come and go thing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.