Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1378050 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IjayMama: 7:47pm On Aug 15, 2014
shelly23:

Please I'm still waiting for an answer to my question. I really need help. I've gotten a reasonable hospital and doctor in Orlando, I just want to be sure of what to do about my visa without jeopardizing my chances.

thanks

I renewed my visa via Dropbox and didn't state I was going specifically to have a baby. You are only eligible for drop box if you are applying for the same visa type & under d same circumstances in your previous successful application. Therefore I still applied as a tourist(after all, after having my baby I will still visit the US. Having a baby is just for this trip). But at the point of entry you will inform them that ur current trip is to have ur baby. Your visa type is usually b1/b2. They will stamp u b1 upon entry for medical use. You may want to ask what others think but this is what I did.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by vcole: 9:21pm On Aug 15, 2014
TokyoBulls: Thanks everyone for all the information shared. PLEASE my wife's EDD is November 18 (we are planning she leaves Nigeria October 3), and we've contacted a hospital/doctor in Houston, Texas. We have paid 100% of hospital bill for normal delivery ($3,100) and I am planning to make 100% of obGyn fees ($1,600) on Monday, August 18. However, we were at the US Embassy Office last Monday and our application was refused, but was told we can apply again at any time so I applied the next day, but yet to get an appointment date. I suspect 2 reasons. 1. Our travel and tour firm wasn't aware I had made payments so she had vacation and Walt Disney on the application forms. I didn't know before she submitted the forms but decided to be upright with the consular. She is going to the US to have our baby while I am going for vacation for 1 week. 2. My dressing was smart casual. I wore a pair of jeans on a short-sleeve shirt and converse. Normally, people think I'm like 8 years younger because of my baby face too. I'm 34 and I've been addressed as a 26-year old young man several times.

Question is, what's the experience with Abuja and Lagos? Do I schedule the new appointment in Abuja or come to Lagos? What's your dressing got to do with it?

Well, I don't think it has anything to do with your dressing as long as you don't look unkempt. I think the problem was that you applied for a vacation but your wife should have applied for medical reasons. If you are going to re-apply,I advise you go through this thread properly and then fill your ds 160 forms yourselves. Fill a medical visa app for your wife and tourist for yours. You would be traveling to assist her not for visiting Walt Disney,etc
Then have all your documents on hand. Also,you should schedule your interview at the same place you had the first. Changing centres would just make them more suspicious.
All the best.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by miri7b5N: 10:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
PeaceF: Anyone had triplets in the US? Am expecting triplets. I wish to have the babies in Atlanta. I have 2 daughters and will like to take then along. can't leave them for 3 months or more. I will take my mum too and employ a nanny there when the babies come as money is not an issue here. Will it be easy to get visa for myself, 2 daughters and my mum. Please I need advice

Triplets! Wow. Congrats oo. But mehn how do you plan to cope with 5 kidz and just 2 Adults? 3 Babies with 2 Adults I believe iz stressful enough, not to talk of 5!

How will you travel with the triplets on the plane when coming back? I think u and your mom are not even enough to take care of the triplets, not to talk of 2 more kids. ? Im sorry, I hate to sound so pessimistic, im just feeling for you in advance and dont know you can cope with all the work that this entails.

And I wonder if the VO won't consider this too during your interview, except she/he doesn't get to know, and/or doesn't ask.

I think you should think about this very well.. I sincerely have your best interest at heart.

All the best.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ibtisam24: 12:07am On Aug 16, 2014
@Trav congrats and I wish your wife recover and Back her country soon.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by angel55: 1:32am On Aug 16, 2014
Hello peeps. Please I need a help urgently its like I have made a silly mistake why filling my forms. My husband and child filled the b1/b2 under tourism/medical with me it's like am wrong. Please I don't know.
Some help me with an answer. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 8:08am On Aug 16, 2014
TokyoBulls: Thanks everyone for all the information shared. PLEASE my wife's EDD is November 18 (we are planning she leaves Nigeria October 3), and we've contacted a hospital/doctor in Houston, Texas. We have paid 100% of hospital bill for normal delivery ($3,100) and I am planning to make 100% of obGyn fees ($1,600) on Monday, August 18. However, w7e were at the US Embassy Office last Monday and our application was refused, but was told we can apply again at any time so I applied the next day, but yet to get an appointment date. I suspect 2 reasons

Question is, what's the experience with Abuja and Lagos? Do I schedule the new appointment in Abuja or come to Lagos? What's your dressing got to do with it?

I think you should be more specific about the questions you were asked by the VO, maybe that will assist us in deciding possible cause of refusal. Changing location without identifying the plausible cause of your initial denial may be a waste of time.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ifeoluwawa(f): 8:29am On Aug 16, 2014
justwise:

This is simple....do not drop your email address here for some sort of 'link up'. Info is shared openly here to be fair and transparent to everybody.

Justwise

Probably dropping email Addy is wrong buh then am not in anyway doing advert.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 8:31am On Aug 16, 2014
angel55: Hello peeps. Please I need a help urgently its like I have made a silly mistake why filling my forms. My husband and child filled the b1/b2 under tourism/medical with me it's like am wrong. Please I don't know.

You've not made a mistake in my view as everything is under B1/B2 . It bolsters your honesty from the VO point of view, explain yourself better to the VO at your interview.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Gigi240: 8:37am On Aug 16, 2014
Hello everyone. This is a very educative forum which I have been following for a few days. Thank you all for your various contributions.
I have a B1/B2 visa which I obtained when I wasn't pregnant but now pregnant and want to use it in January. Do I necessarily need to write to the embassy on my intention?
I also want to know how to make payments to whmc prior to travelling if possible.
Thanks in anticipation of your helpful responses.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by folusho2001: 11:37am On Aug 16, 2014
Beebee007: I have been a silent follower of this thread (i think been over a year) never posted thou. I must say I have really learnt a lot from this which I used during our interview (Hubby, duaghter and I) July in Lagos. I was 5-6 months preggy during d interview
Below it is the transcript of our interview for the benefit of others:
VO: Purpose of our trip
US: child birth for me and vacation for hubby n duaghter
VO: Where do you work
Me: answered...
VO: What do you do there
Me: tells him.....
VO: For how long:
Me: 1 year... (that was stated on my letter from d office) but quickly added that i changed job last year and gave him some support doc (promotion letter and resignation letter) from my former office.
VO: how much do you earn
Me: Bleep,000 added excluding other allowances like .....
Turn to my Hubby.
VO: where do u work, tells him
VO: wht do you do there, tells him.
Have you travelled before: Yes to dubia (fam Vac) last year (that was our only travelling experience)
back to me.
VO:Do you have correspondence with the hospital
Me: handed over the letter from West houston and receipt of payment and my budget.
VO: how did you know abt the hospital
Me: My aunt in the US uses it.
VO: Will u stay with her: Me: yes.
VO: Your visa has been approved.
I must say it was just God. our bank statement was not checked, none of my hubby doc was checked, payslip was not checked.
Will be traveling in early Oct to use West houston medical centre, Dr La as my doc. just got my Delta airline ticket for N320k ( i had to buy it like that as the fare keeps increasing by the day).
Will keep following for more information as regrds Baby passport at all.
Thank u all

Please can we hook up since we would be traveling almost same period
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Kween2014: 1:23pm On Aug 16, 2014
@ Beebee and folusho, I will also be travelling early October to Houston. Using whmc and Dr La, would also wanna hook up. Maybe we can form a bbm group or something. Just thinking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 1:31pm On Aug 16, 2014
thank youuu!!! I hope your stay is going well smiley

IjayMama:

2812747080, 2812747000, 2812768562.
Ure wlcm.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by vcole: 1:51pm On Aug 16, 2014
I hate to bring this up again. But please could any el paso moms help clarify what the process and time frame for birth certificate, us passport and Nigerian.visa is? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by folusho2001: 2:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
[quote author=Kween2014]@ Beebee and folusho, I will also be travelling early October to Houston. Using whmc and Dr La, would also wanna hook up. Maybe we can form a bbm group or something. Just thinking.[/Iquote]

Please lets do Kween and ASAP. How do we exchange contacts pls or can I post my bb pin here. am really eager to hear from you both and others. Godbless you. I may be using Dr F. Fagboun but if we can meet and discuss maybe I could be advised better. Dr La was first recommended to me. thanks a lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ifeoluwawa(f): 3:05pm On Aug 16, 2014
twizzie: @ifeoluwawa, no one is calling you a "scammer", but it's a general custom here that if you have an information that will be useful, please divulge openly.. Sending you a message just sounds scheming..
As for not seeing you here before, that's a major pointer that you are just here to advertise/ make gain(whether or not you will be helping out) If your first post ever is sending out your email addy for people to contact you privately, then it REALLY IS SUSPICIOUS!

Twizzie

Well a general custom as u said that am not aware of besides the mail addy isn't mine as a matter of fact. Or what you are insinuating is everyone coming here for the first time must be here to get info on delivery process and not to give info.

and it will interest you to know I had my baby earlier this year in Dallas and going through the trend, discovered most question is on accommodation and hospital which I was fortunate to get an accommodation inclusive of transportation and feeding and was very hospitable. $1250 before delivery for 4weeks and $1400 after delivery for 4weeks which will then depend on how long you intend staying. I didn't pay a dine till I got there and I was picked up at the airport. I Can paste the contact number here if anyone is in need of it. Also I made use of JPS hospital. They have a total package of $6000.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by omodaddy7: 3:14pm On Aug 16, 2014
Good day to everyone, and a huge thanks to everyone who has contributed to this forum.. Been following the thread since last year and it did help in having an idea of what to expect for visa interview.

Planning on El Paso in December and really looking forward to meet anyone who has used it before for reviews.. Especially with regards to vbac... Planned on WHMC before but they don't allow vbac patients..

Anyone who has had a vbac @ elpaso before? Wld appreciate your feedback.

Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by folusho2001: 4:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
SophiaLisa: Hello Ladies,

God bless you all now and in advance!

Biko I need clarification.

My SIL wants to deliver in the USA. We have relatives in New York and we specified their address as where we (my SIL, my Bro and I) will be staying pending her delivery and afterwards.

We have been in contact with NY hospitals such as Mount Sinai, Montefiore and St. John's Episcopal but they only sent bills and there has been no other mail from them even after my continuous calls and follow up emails.

Truth be told, their prices are HIGH from as USD$10, 963 to USD$22,600.

Well, since they stopped responding, we called around some affordable hospitals like Mercy Medical Centre, St Charles Hospital, Lincoln Hospital and Bronx Lebanon Hospital but they all said that they do not send email correspondences and only attend to clients who come in for physical tests.

Thankfully, through Nairaland and the wonderful contributors, DoctoresParati is the best bet in terms of cost, customer service and feedback.

However, it is in Dallas Texas! sad

Now my question is this: How do we convince the Visa Officer at the Lagos embassy that we are staying in NY but will have the baby in Texas? Please reply abeg. The interview is in TWO Weeks!!!
God Bless you all immensely!!!!

its better you tell them that you were invited by d Newyork family then try book an extended hotel or so in texas and print it out. that she would leave Newyork and will be staying in texas to give birth and would lodge in an hotel there. same happened to me and I was given Visa
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nmagirl1(f): 4:55pm On Aug 16, 2014
[quote author=TokyoBulls]
My beautiful wife (and mother of our kids soon IJN) will be in Houston too in October by God's grace. We are using Methodist West Houston Hospital as it comes highly recommended. I can share details of the doctor we are using with you too. I hope she and you can get to connect so she doesn't get too home sick. Also, we are planning she stays with a family but I'm looking for a more affordable accommodation and will appreciate your recommendation(s).

@Tokyobulls
Thank you for your response, I really don't have details of an affordable accomodation as I would be staying with my sister. But I could find out through her. Please share details of costings for Methodist West Houston hospital, ie the hospital & details of the doc & the fees. I would like to communicate with them early.
When exactly would your wife be leaving & with what airline, just to if concidently we booked thesame smiley
Awaiting you reply
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Gigi240: 6:33pm On Aug 16, 2014
AK007: Good news! We welcomed our baby boy on 1st July at Oakbend Medical Center. Baby and mummy are doing good.

All the best to other expectant mums and dads!

AK007

Hello, congratulations on the arrival of your new baby. Pls, how did you make contact with oakbend hosp? Which Dr did you use? Kindly give me a breakdown of the cost. God bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 6:37pm On Aug 16, 2014
angel55: Hello peeps. Please I need a help urgently its like I have made a silly mistake why filling my forms. My husband and child filled the b1/b2 under tourism/medical with me it's like am wrong. Please I don't know.

No, not a problem

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Web005: 9:44pm On Aug 16, 2014
Kween2014: @ Beebee and folusho, I will also be travelling early October to Houston. Using whmc and Dr La, would also wanna hook up. Maybe we can form a bbm group or something. Just thinking.

Please count be in, same doc same hospital but traveling 3rd November. Let's hook up
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mrsfad2014: 10:02pm On Aug 16, 2014
Kween2014: @ Beebee and folusho, I will also be travelling early October to Houston. Using whmc and Dr La, would also wanna hook up. Maybe we can form a bbm group or something. Just thinking.
@folusho,kween & beebee. Hooking up will be the best. This will really help all of us. Personally, Av not settled for Dr La because i believe his fee is just too expensive and also the extended stay apartment that is closer to WHMC is something else, after reading the reviews i decided to change my mind. Will appreciate if anyone can help with apartment around there.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mrsfad2014: 10:10pm On Aug 16, 2014
[quote author=folusho2001][/quote]@kween,folusho.pls lets form a group, this will really help like am hearing of Dr Fagbohun for the first time.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 10:27pm On Aug 16, 2014
Hello everyone,

I have read ALL 93 pages of this thread and want to say thanks to everyone who shared their experience in some sort of way! U guys are outstanding, made my research easy pezy!!

All I want to as is are there any April 2015 mums in the house?? I am 6 weeks gone, and wanted to make sure they'll be Nigerians at either MIHS or El Paso during that period (haven't decided which one I'm choosing. Have to lay out presentation and powerpoint of the two for the hubby first LOL).

I want to travel with my mum first and then I want my husband to join us 1st of April because I refuse to have this child or children (might be twins grin alone! Since I didn't MAKE them alone). Sides it's my first pregnancy and I've always wanted to experience giving birth with my hubs holding my hand for moral support! Anyway I digress, but if any of you ladies are due that period and will be in Phoenix or El Paso, pls just indicate.

Also I hope the accommodations close to these hospitals have Internet access and Tv coz I don't wanna be bored outta my mind! Still want to catch my shows online and skype with the hubby!

Than ks people!

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by akanni(m): 10:50pm On Aug 16, 2014
Mrsfad2014: @kween,folusho.pls lets form a group, this will really help like am hearing of Dr Fagbohun for the first time. My bb pin 2ABD5D74
hi, my wife will be travelling last week in august to houston but we have not decided yet on the hospital.can anyone recommend a hospital with estimates please for houston texas?
thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tyty24(f): 1:44am On Aug 17, 2014
I will suggest you go to the embassy in person because for dropbox they are certain documents you are expected to submit and these includes yout Gtbank receipt for payment, confirmation letter during your application;, your passoort photographs and your passport. you cannot include your bank statements, correspondence from the hospital and the likes.

so please book an appointmrnt to be there in person.

Except you will apply via dropbox indicating thatvyou will be going on vacation. the reasons are two different reasons.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tyty24(f): 2:07am On Aug 17, 2014
[quote author=ifeoluwa

ifeoluwa please is it possibke for us to get a doctors contact or email from JPS Hospital in dallas too.

I intend having mybbaby in dallas too

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamaxxx: 2:36am On Aug 17, 2014
hi,

please any recommendations for affordable housing in Houston? preferable near the WHMC (between the price range of $400-$500) in a safe environment?

this is URGENT as i intend on traveling soon and my initial accomodation plans have been thwarted. thanks guys

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.