Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:23 PM

What To Do When You Break A Convenant - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What To Do When You Break A Convenant (5560 Views)

Entering A Terrible Convenant With Satan By Singing Dorobucci / Demonic Convenant With Attachment, Weavon, Relaxer And Others (PART2) / Demonic Convenant Associate With Attachment And Weavon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do When You Break A Convenant by ceeplus(m): 9:05pm On Mar 05, 2011
Pls house what are the things to do when you break a convenant with God?
Re: What To Do When You Break A Convenant by Odunnu: 9:07pm On Mar 05, 2011
God deals with everyone of us as individuals.
Its between you and Him.
Re: What To Do When You Break A Convenant by HISservant: 11:09pm On Mar 05, 2011
"When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed. Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay. Suffer not thy mouth to cause thy flesh to sin; neither say thou before the angel, that it was an error: wherefore should God be angry at thy voice, and destroy the work of thine hands?" - Ecclesiastes 5:4-6

"For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God." -1 Corinthians 2:11

However, we know that the Most High GOD, The LORD of Hosts, our Holy FATHER and our Lord JESUS CHRIST is merciful.

Psalm 86:15
"But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, long suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth."

Psalm 103:8
"The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy."

Psalm 111:4
"He hath made his wonderful works to be remembered: the LORD is gracious and full of compassion."

Psalm 116:5
"Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful."

Psalm 145:8
"The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy."

Just pray for the grace and strength to keep your vows to HIM if you must make them and are serious, and try!
Re: What To Do When You Break A Convenant by Joagbaje(m): 5:55pm On Mar 06, 2011
What do you mean by breaking covenant.
Re: What To Do When You Break A Convenant by obowunmi(m): 5:57pm On Mar 06, 2011
Which of the convenants are you breaking ?
Re: What To Do When You Break A Convenant by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 06, 2011
What is the nature of the covenant and why did you break it.
Re: What To Do When You Break A Convenant by ceeplus(m): 10:57pm On Mar 06, 2011
I vow not 2 hv sex wit any girl til i get married.but i did it.it jst btw me and my God dat why i calld it convenant
Re: What To Do When You Break A Convenant by HISservant: 11:37pm On Mar 06, 2011
"Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge." - Hebrews 13:4

"Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body." - 1 Corinthians 6:18 

"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 

Matthew 5:28
"
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."

1 John 2:15-17 
"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever."
Re: What To Do When You Break A Convenant by Nobody: 11:41pm On Mar 06, 2011
ceeplus:

I vow not 2 hv sex wit any girl til i get married.but i did it.it jst btw me and my God dat why i calld it convenant

well, its going to be hard especially since you're on nl.

you can pray i guess but it will take serious determination which i'm not sure you have, to not do it over and over again.
Re: What To Do When You Break A Convenant by obowunmi(m): 12:45am On Mar 07, 2011
Is this girl ur girlfriend ?
Re: What To Do When You Break A Convenant by ceeplus(m): 7:45am On Mar 07, 2011
@obowumni,yes she is my girlfriend.we even hope 2 marry each other.
Re: What To Do When You Break A Convenant by obowunmi(m): 10:21am On Mar 07, 2011
If u plan to marry her, I don't see it as a big deal
Re: What To Do When You Break A Convenant by seyibrown(f): 12:02pm On Mar 07, 2011
^^^ ehm, obowunmi, you see . . the problem is that he did not make the covenant with you grin. He made it with God, so it is the word of God that will let him know whether it is right to break that covenant. You might not have a problem with fornication but the two parties here seem to do.

@ ceeplus

HISservant has already pointed you in the right direction based on the word of God (the God you made your covenant with). Try your very best to keep your vow! Ask God for his strength, and avoid being alone in private with your GF for starters! God bless you!
Re: What To Do When You Break A Convenant by obowunmi(m): 5:16pm On Mar 07, 2011
^^^^ if he marries her and they divorce, will you "stone him to death" --- pls don't be a fool.
Re: What To Do When You Break A Convenant by seyibrown(f): 2:52am On Mar 08, 2011
obowunmi:

^^^^ if he marries her and they divorce, will you "stone him to death" --- pls don't be a fool.

I have no idea where you found the commandment to 'stone a divorcee to death' from, Anyway, As a Christian I am not under the 'Law of Sin and Death' but that of 'Spirit and Life'. I know what is right by the Spirit of God that lives in me!
Re: What To Do When You Break A Convenant by obowunmi(m): 3:02am On Mar 08, 2011
seyibrown:

I have no idea where you found the commandment to 'stone a divorcee to death' from, Anyway, As a Christian I am not under the 'Law of Sin and Death' but that of 'Spirit and Life'. I know what is right by the Spirit of God that lives in me!

Spirit of God lives in you ? or is this your conscience ? If he plans to marry the girl, nothing wrong in sleeping with her. and btw, who made you GOD ?
Re: What To Do When You Break A Convenant by seyibrown(f): 1:38pm On Mar 08, 2011
obowunmi:

Spirit of God lives in you ? or is this your conscience ? If he plans to marry the girl, nothing wrong in sleeping with her. and btw, who made you GOD ?

I am sure that in reading my replies to this thread, you DO KNOW that I in no way MADE MYSELF GOD! grin I made it clear that my opinion is that since the OP's vow is between 'him and God' then he should consult 'the word of God' in respect of the vow he made. Did I hit a nerve? I am sorry but the truth still has to be pointed out that advice that is not in line with 'the word of God' is 'devilish' in the OP's case! If you have no regard for the law of God as regards 'sexual continence' then you have no place to advise someone who knows what God requires of him and why he promised God he will keep himself pure! Aj'egbodo to n wa enu kun'ra! grin
Re: What To Do When You Break A Convenant by yemisolar(m): 5:55pm On Mar 08, 2011
hey guy. no matter what anyone think tells you IT IS NOT ALRIGHT TO SLEEP WITH SOMEONE YOU ARE NOT MARRIED TO.i am not condemning you rather the fact that you had remorse shows that you have a right heart.

about breaking a covenant with God. there is no covenant you can make that will supersede that which Jesus made on your behalf. since Jesus will not break His own you have not lost your salvation. all you need to do is to repent and take practical steps to avoid a re-occurrence.

my advice is as follows;
1) know that if it happens once it has a higher probability of happening again. so the best bet is the two of you should sit and openly discuss it. the strength of sin is in its secrecy.
2) find someone you respect that you can both open up to. i man someone that is mature and will not crucify you
3) the old ideas still hold true; don't stay much in secluded places. avoid watching romantic films together e.t.c.
4) finally know that though it is difficult but IT IS POSSIBLE TO STAY AWAY FROM SEX. as a matter of fact there are a lot of people who have had pure relationships and are now married. this writer is on of them.

stay strong.

if you have any questions you can -mail me at pettral@yahoo.com
Re: What To Do When You Break A Convenant by obowunmi(m): 6:32pm On Mar 08, 2011
seyibrown:

I am sure that in reading my replies to this thread, you DO KNOW that I in no way MADE MYSELF GOD! grin I made it clear that my opinion is that since the OP's vow is between 'him and God' then he should consult 'the word of God' in respect of the vow he made. Did I hit a nerve? I am sorry but the truth still has to be pointed out that advice that is not in line with 'the word of God' is 'devilish' in the OP's case! If you have no regard for the law of God as regards 'sexual continence' then you have no place to advise someone who knows what God requires of him and why he promised God he will keep himself pure! Aj'egbodo to n wa enu kun'ra! grin

U're a slowpoke ----
Re: What To Do When You Break A Convenant by labaks(f): 7:33pm On Mar 08, 2011
@Obowunmi, u'r givin a very rong advice. dere's evrytin rong wif fornicatn evn if u'r gonna marry d person especially whr it involves a covenant with the Almighty. if u fornicate, try 2 change nd not encourage odas 2 do d same. I'm not sayin i'm d holiest of all but u shldn't try lukin 4 sm1 2 take 2 hell wif u, ok?

@OP, our God is a merciful God. He derives no pleasure in us sinning but for us 2 repent. Lock urself in ur room nd talk 2 Baba God, He's always waiting to listen to us. Once u'r truly sorry nd dnt commit such again, u'r free 4eva. Dnt feel too bad, we'r only human nd our sins r always b4 us; dat's why our God is a merciful father. DNT LET NY1 DECIEVE U O, God is love!
Re: What To Do When You Break A Convenant by obowunmi(m): 8:26pm On Mar 08, 2011
The obsession with sex before marriage is ridiculous to me --- how many women marry as virgins and end up getting divorced ? Look, my point is, if the OP plans to marry her --- then there's nothing wrong. What exactly is marriage ? Is it waiting for your family to do a ceremonious act of wedding activities ------ or what ? I think you are confused. If you consider marriage, wedding activities --- then you need to take your medication.

Having sex with someone signifies a commitment and devotion ---- having a booty call is another thing.
Re: What To Do When You Break A Convenant by Jenwitemi(m): 8:46pm On Mar 08, 2011
You cannot break your covenant with God. As long as you are alive, you are fulfilling your covenant with the creator. That is why you are here and what you are here for.

Unless, of course, you god is the jewish tribal god, then that is a whole different ball game. And if that god is your god, then you can do nothing to stop him from frying ya blokos, since we all know what a nasty piece of work he is.
ceeplus:

Pls house what are the things to do when you break a convenant with God?
Re: What To Do When You Break A Convenant by seyibrown(f): 1:35am On Mar 09, 2011
obowunmi:

U're a not-so-smart person ----

grin My Bible says something along this lines of the smartness of this world being foolishness before God. and that I have the wisdom of God. Now, care to tell me what your Kama Sutra' says, 'Mr Smart obowunmi oruko lo n ro'ni'? grin
Re: What To Do When You Break A Convenant by Jenwitemi(m): 1:14pm On Mar 09, 2011
But you, my dear, are not God. And just because you read a book about jewish mythology, that does not mean you have God's wisdom. Ignorant men's "wisdom", more like it. grin
seyibrown:

grin  My Bible says something along this lines of the smartness of this world being foolishness before God. and that I have the wisdom of God. Now, care to tell me what your Kama Sutra' says, 'Mr Smart obowunmi oruko lo n ro'ni'?  grin
Re: What To Do When You Break A Convenant by seyibrown(f): 4:06pm On Mar 09, 2011
Jenwitemi:

But you, my dear, are not God. And just because you read a book about jewish mythology, that does not not give you mean you have God's wisdom. Ignorant men's "wisdom", more like it. grin

You are 'smarter' than this ke  grin  . . . .  and I am absolutely loving my 'jewish mythology' and 'jewish God'.  grin
Re: What To Do When You Break A Convenant by obowunmi(m): 4:29pm On Mar 09, 2011
^^^ you sound like u're 2 years old.
Re: What To Do When You Break A Convenant by seyibrown(f): 4:58pm On Mar 09, 2011
^^^^

HISservant:

"Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge." - Hebrews 13:4

"Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body." - 1 Corinthians 6:18

"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Matthew 5:28
"
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."

1 John 2:15-17
"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever."

tongue  cheesy
Re: What To Do When You Break A Convenant by Jenwitemi(m): 5:55pm On Mar 09, 2011
She most probably is. . . in her head. That is what the religion that was based on jewish mythology has turned her and her likes into. Tragic.
obowunmi:

^^^ you sound like u're 2 years old.
Re: What To Do When You Break A Convenant by seyibrown(f): 6:24pm On Mar 09, 2011
^^^^
Honoring God . . . . sexual continence . . . . accountability to God . . . relationship with God . . . Yes, I am 2 months old! grin
Re: What To Do When You Break A Convenant by obowunmi(m): 8:21pm On Mar 09, 2011
^^^ my point is, choosing not to have sex should be based on your personal choice. Not what you are told, or "forced" to learn from your Sunday school class --- start learning to THINK and reason for yourself. No one knows what the future holds --- you could get married and get divorced, does this mean that you are worthless because you are no longer a virgin ---- undecided

If not having sex is your personal choice, that's fine, but be sure to have made this decision on your own. But to say someone is sinning because they are having sex--- is not the right way to go. There are many people who married women that they had sex with before marriage and are still married years after. Its all a personal choice and decisions.
Re: What To Do When You Break A Convenant by obowunmi(m): 8:23pm On Mar 09, 2011
seyibrown:

^^^^
Honoring God . . . . sexual continence . . . . accountability to God . . . relationship with God . . . Yes, I am 2 months old! grin

Did God come down from heaven to tell you about sex ?
Re: What To Do When You Break A Convenant by seyibrown(f): 11:23pm On Mar 09, 2011
obowunmi:

^^^ my point is, choosing not to have sex should be based on your personal choice. Not what you are told, or "forced" to learn from your Sunday school class --- start learning to THINK and reason for yourself. No one knows what the future holds --- you could get married and get divorced, does this mean that you are worthless because you are no longer a virgin ---- undecided

If not having sex is your personal choice, that's fine, but be sure to have made this decision on your own. But to say someone is sinning because they are having sex--- is not the right way to go. There are many people who married women that they had sex with before marriage and are still married years after. Its all a personal choice and decisions.

Did you forget that in this case, the poster CHOSE to make a vow to God? While this choice might be based on what he was taught in 'Sunday school' or other reasons, your advice that he should disregard that covenant with the God he believes in is not in line with what the word of God says. If he were someone who had no regard for the laws of God and had no relationship with God, your advice may be appropriate. Losing one's virginity does not make one worthless before God!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saying Prayers In Your Mind Without Opening Mouth / Praying In Tongues / Women WERE Aboard Refugee Ships, But Muslims Did Something Sickening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.