Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday (13011 Views)

Various Ghanaian Dishes / Guys List The Dishes You Can Cook Here. / Thread For Guys Who Can Cook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by hotangel2(f): 3:51am On Feb 03, 2006
What Are They?

Mine will be:

Eba, Amala, semo, american fufu (nigerian one is real hard..cheesy), american pounded yam (not the one u have to pound)
ewedu, okro, vegetable soup, sauce, stew, soup.

Rice (jollof, fried, white), Spaghetti (pasta), chicken (grilled, fried.. etc), turkey (oven), Fish (fried, boiled),
Egg, Sandwitches, plantain, beans, and everything fry-able (fries, tater-tots etc).. that's all i can think of now.

Now tell me, Ladies and Gentlemen: what are some dishes/meal/food you can cook, and be confident that they'll turn out good?
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by Sesan2: 11:28pm On Feb 03, 2006
Pot noodles
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by dblock(m): 4:17am On Feb 04, 2006
you crack me up mine is egg, egg, egg, egg, egg, egg, egg, egg, egg, egg, egg hey look I found bread
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by Latoya(f): 6:38am On Feb 04, 2006
Here in Australia there are hardly african dishes, we order them online. cooking is one of my favourite dishes, name it and its urs. I cook all the nigerian dishes, i cook italian food like lasgne, baked pasta,pizza(all types,any topping),risotto, i also bake alot too apple crumbles,apple pie, all cakes, cheese cakes,ETC. well cooking is one of my best hobbies and i dont knw y.
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by debbieolat(f): 7:27pm On Feb 07, 2006
Tuna baked pasta, steak and kidney pie, fried rice, bean stew( ewa aganyin), spagghetti bolognese, bbq chicken and ribs
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by Free(f): 2:22am On Feb 12, 2006
hmm nigerians eat jollof tooo?? i didnt know that

anyway i make some mean jollof rice
chicken soup, peanut soup
fufu
lasagnia (i dont think i spelled it right)
fried rice w/ chicken
spaghetti w/ meat balls
stir fry
meat pie
totafretas eetc,
stew(chicken, fish)
kebabs
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by Outkast(f): 8:13pm On Feb 14, 2006
free?where are you from?
Well if you call cooking fried plantain.
Meatpie,fish roll,scotch egg,sausage roll,pizza(just learnt that)
beans, chicken(any kind)

I'm trying to learn how to make "good"lasagna instead of paying my friend.Someone?
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by Outkast(f): 8:13pm On Feb 14, 2006
free?where are you from?
Well if you call cooking fried plantain.
Meatpie,fish roll,scotch egg,sausage roll,pizza(just learnt that)
beans, chicken(any kind)

I'm trying to learn how to make "good"lasagna instead of paying my friend.Someone?
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by damygurl(f): 4:52am On Feb 15, 2006
I luv cooking. i cook at least once everyday.

any form of soup. veggie, okra, name it and i can prepare it.
amala, eba, fufu, pounded yam, all form of rice cept 4 coconut rice. i only tried it once b4, it was good but i'm not really sure cuz i had help. noodle, cookies, brownies, well i made pizza 2times and it was aight and many more. update d list later.
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by nicetohave(m): 12:04am On Feb 17, 2006
I am an iron chef, thats all i need to say cheesy

hot-angel, damygurl please take more lessons from me cheesy for real cool
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by bedone(m): 10:26am On Mar 01, 2006
hot water grin grin grin
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by flower(f): 6:09pm On Mar 01, 2006
Jumbalya (New Orleans dish)
Spaghetti
Chicken Fettucine Alfredo
Meatloaf/ mashed potatos
Plantin
Groundnut soup
Eggs, bacon, pancakes, waffles
Steak and cheese
salads
Tuna salad or pasta
Baked zeti (pasta)
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by Seun(m): 10:43am On Mar 02, 2006
Indomie noodles! I'm an expert at preparing that one!
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by dblock(m): 8:35am On Mar 05, 2006
Free are you from ghana I learnt from my Ghaanian friend that Ghanians also eat jollof rice
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by micklplus(m): 6:00pm On Mar 07, 2006
oh lawd.
i can easily prepare my eba and it is going to be the best eba in the world ! cheesy
i love to prepare vegetable with a correct melon and crayfish with all the contigencies and accessories. it makes you wanna eat your fingers.
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by mamaput(f): 8:15pm On Mar 12, 2006
I have big girls soi dont have to cook, they cook most of the time grin grin grin
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by xxshawtyxx(f): 7:38pm On Apr 02, 2006
i never had much time for cooking embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by eveseh(f): 7:33pm On Apr 30, 2006
rics and soup
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by lauryn(f): 2:57am On May 08, 2006
shrimp fried rice, lasagna,noodles with shrimps( i luv shrimps), spaghetti with meatballs,egusi,omelette, chinese rice, jollof rice, jerk chicken, ox-tail, curry chicken, thats all i can think of at the moment
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by Nosu(m): 11:20pm On May 25, 2006
l do cook but l don't really enjoy it,that why l am ok with garri any day any time, just soak it with milk, sugar and groundnut and u are done.
l don't enjoy cooking because l can't just stare at the stove/electric cooker for 30 mins or moe doing nothing else, so l either go watch TV, play football or do other thing and most time before l return to check it it has gotten burn.l hv be label for food burning. anyway it has reduce with time, l can't remember the last time, l burnt food. Maybe 6 months back

these are the ffg l can cook very well

Rice, stew, Yam either boil or porrige, eba,beans, egusi soup,okra ,groundnut soup, vegetable, and l can also boil egg cheesy
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by GL(f): 3:59am On May 26, 2006
I don't like cooking. I'm an expert at preparing Indomie though.
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by funmise(f): 10:22pm On May 31, 2006
rice and stew, pasta and sardine in tomato sauce
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by blueiyke(m): 2:24pm On Jun 02, 2006
Garri (u know,the type u soak in water,add sugar,milk and peanut and, bon appetit!

Boiled water

Indomie noodles
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by edygirl(f): 9:16pm On Jun 13, 2006
egusi soup
Ukwa (bread fruit)
Rice and stew
Fried rice
ogbonosoup and pounded yam
beans and plantain or with yam
pepper soup
moi-moi
meat pie and cake too
salad
and many others.
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by omogenaija(f): 10:45pm On Aug 03, 2006
microwaveable foods wink cheesy cheesy
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by danielle: 12:46pm On Sep 09, 2006
Edikaikon(don't know how 2 spell it),ogbono soup,rice( all kinds),meat balls,pasta,mince meat stew,beans,eggs (all but poached),meat pie,some cakes,and lots more,name it i'll make it,i'm good at following reciepies too so it cud be my first time making something but it turns out a-okay!
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by lauryn(f): 11:50pm On Sep 09, 2006
@ blueiyke
oh boi, U need deliverance grin grin grin grin
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by Oracle(m): 8:14pm On Sep 10, 2006
Rice and Stew cheesy
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by gaby(m): 10:56pm On Sep 11, 2006
can anyone give me a tutorial on ho to prepare ewa aganyin please i luv that food so much havent had it in 8yrs and im really missing it, u can send it to my email addy, philewewu@lawyer.com tnks ,
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by IroroRoyal(f): 3:37am On Sep 23, 2006
1)honey wings chicken
2)ginger filet Rice
3)mashed potatoe with mushroom sauce / okro soup,banga soup,stew ati ewedu, obiokpor,ovwo soup,
4)baked chicken
5)teriyaki fillet rice
6)couscous a l'agneau et aux legumes hmmmmmm tongue tongue tongue
7)garlic & herb chicken
e.t.c name it grin grin grin grin
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by dblock(m): 2:53am On Sep 25, 2006
hey guys and girls i made quaker oat for the first time yesterday grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dishes You Know You Can Cook Anytime, Anyday by lioness(f): 9:03am On Sep 27, 2006
Indomie noodles grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Useful And Handy Uses Of Salt !!!! / Table Etiquette- For Lefthanded People / Disgusting Cake Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.