Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' (18565 Views)

EndSARS: Governor Seyi Makinde Walks Around Ibadan Streets, Addresses Protesters / #EndSARS: Governor Oyetola Joins Protest, Escapes Assassination Attempt / Revolutionnow Symposium: At Last, Police Allow Falana, Others To Enter Hall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' by IamHeWrites: 12:51pm On Oct 13, 2020
Delta state governor, Ifeanyi Okowa has urged the police in the state to allow #EndSARS protesters to express themselves and refrain from using brute force in responding, Igbere TV reports.

The governor through his official Twitter page, made the request as he noted that the peaceful protests are necessary part of the democratic process.

He wrote: 'Peaceful protests are a necessary part of the democratic process. As young people across Delta State continue to express their legitimate grievances in this manner, I ask that they remain calm and law-abiding at all times.'

'I also request that the Police allow them to express themselves and refrain from using brute force in responding to these protests.'

'Going forward, we shall continue to engage with all relevant stakeholders to reform the Nigeria Police Force in a manner that makes it more professional, disciplined, and accountable to the people.'

https://twitter.com/IAOkowa/status/1315932015896690688?s=19

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' by protests: 12:52pm On Oct 13, 2020
ok

2 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 13, 2020
even after the SARS has been dissolved. Lol.

What we all should have stand for is #EndPOLICEbrutality, not just #EndSARS, because from the onset, they said to us.
SARS will be reformed(2015),
restructured(2016),
reorganized (2017),
reformed(2018),
immediately disbanded(2019),
now dissolved(2020)...(who is fooling who?)

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' by Vexaf: 1:16pm On Oct 13, 2020
abi o
Re: EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' by slivertongue: 1:38pm On Oct 13, 2020
SARS kills, kill it before it kills u

4 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 13, 2020
I see a serious revolution coming. and for those of

you doubting, have you read about the Arab spring

and studied how it started? A time is coming
when Men/Women will wish they were Nigerians

John Elton prophesied it about forty years ago. In his words which I'll paraphrase. "Nigeria will be known for corruption all over the world. The name Nigeria will be synonymous to corruption. But in a short while, Nigeria will rise again, anyone who lays hold of a Nigerian will say I will go with you...............

Let's keep praying for the ongoing revolution

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 13, 2020
what have they been doing?
have they not been expressing themselves?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 13, 2020
csn01:
even after the SARS has been dissolved. Lol.

What we all should have stand for is #EndPOLICEbrutality, not just #EndSARS, because from the onset, they said to us.
SARS will be reformed(2015),
restructured(2016),
reorganized (2017),
reformed(2018),
immediately disbanded(2019),
now dissolved(2020)...(who is fooling who?)
Have you forgotten the IG of police said he has disbanded SARS? What everybody is fighting for now is not just to end SARS, we want an end to police brutality.

If is about an end to SARS then there would be no more protest cause that has been achieved about two days ago.

#Endpolicebrutality

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' by peter6441(m): 5:12pm On Oct 13, 2020
Commendable
Re: EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' by Kroos8: 5:12pm On Oct 13, 2020
Able governor
Re: EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' by Kendumazy(m): 5:12pm On Oct 13, 2020
OK naaw
Re: EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' by Thommas9(m): 5:12pm On Oct 13, 2020
Better governor no be one moustache big belle

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' by Dididrumz(m): 5:12pm On Oct 13, 2020
Just exactly how it should Be.
Allow Citizens express themselves

1 Like

BabaOwen:
j
you mean to say J Martins?

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' by Acekidc4(m): 5:13pm On Oct 13, 2020
Now that is a Governor with Sense not like one of his counterpart in a certain State telling people not to Protest for their Right
#RevolutionNow
#SayNoToBadGovernance
#ArrestBuhariNow
#ArrestTinubuNow
#ArrestIGnow

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' by originalprof: 5:13pm On Oct 13, 2020
The statement ( police is our BEST FRIEND and BAIL is free)
are one of the greatest lies our past leaders told us Nigerians, because police are now our enemies #endSARS #Nigerians life matter

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' by Ategberoson(m): 5:13pm On Oct 13, 2020
after this Delta people should protest against bad governance in Delta state. this idiot did absolute nothing in delta state

if Nigeria were to adopt capital punishment for looters and incompetent nincompoop like this idiot, he should be on his way to heaven by now

all Nigeria governors deserved capital punishment and Buhari has no business in politics not to talk of being voted for

we need to correct some mistakes

5 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' by Onyeedum(m): 5:13pm On Oct 13, 2020
E be like say governors want to use the opportunity to achieve their own aim... state police system.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' by Thingsmustchang: 5:13pm On Oct 13, 2020
My crush just posted her picture nd i want to comment, please help me spell gojos
Asinnn, u look so gojos ���

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' by millionboi2: 5:13pm On Oct 13, 2020
Allahji yesefu bag fit be juju dey inside
Re: EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' by tragergeorge(m): 5:14pm On Oct 13, 2020
End the full police abeg,,
No robbers again
How many robbers them don catch for how long now,,,,mumu country
Na we de guide ourselves end full police abeg
Re: EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' by Cvwriter1(m): 5:14pm On Oct 13, 2020
Sanwo Olu don join protest too. This one's na their own old tricks. They no fit whine me

Re: EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' by Enudapan: 5:14pm On Oct 13, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
Ifeanyi my man
The odogwu in Delta
Re: EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' by Mutemenot(m): 5:14pm On Oct 13, 2020
WIKE, pls borrow sense from Okowa abeg shocked
Re: EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' by Lexusgs430: 5:15pm On Oct 13, 2020
That very weird moment of realisation....... grin

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' by Amspecial: 5:15pm On Oct 13, 2020
cheesy
Re: EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' by Creeza(m): 5:15pm On Oct 13, 2020
I hope these politicians are not trying to achieve their own agenda codedly. The youths will even smash any sign of dictatorship or impending selfish ambition a blow f death on arrival. Not just END IT.

#NOtoHypocrisy

btw shed4peace, where can i find that prophecy?
Re: EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' by Olatlaccon(m): 5:15pm On Oct 13, 2020
You think police would act without order form above? they have someone giving them orders from the top dogs....yet they would come to say different shit on live TV....I pray for everybody safety

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 13, 2020
Thingsmustchang:
My crush just posted her picture nd i want to comment, please help me spell gojos
Asinnn, u look so gojos ���
gojious

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 13, 2020
That's how it is done in civilized and saner climes
Re: EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' by Realpapimula: 5:16pm On Oct 13, 2020
Correct boss. Let end End police brutality

" wearing Gucci, no be crime now"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn9Ev7hdfFs
Re: EndSARS: Governor Okowa To Police 'Allow People To Express Themselves' by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 13, 2020
csn01:

you mean to say J Martins?
Julio Cesar

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbos Have So Much In Lagos, Can’t Think Of Attacking It ― Ohanaeze / Has Fashola Really Done Anything In Lagos State? / History Lessons: Who Was The Minister That Drank 42cups Of Tea?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.