Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,406 members, 7,800,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. (1765 Views)

‘Treat Jonathan With Care; Falae, Anenih Too Old To Be Jailed’ – Sagay To Buhari / Why Sambo Dasuki Will Never Allow Buhari To Rule Nigeria / Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. by Time2Think(f): 11:31pm On Mar 06, 2011
At 68? Why is there no age limit for political office contestants if there can be retiring age in every other sectors of Nigeria?
Re: Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. by MAYOWAAK: 11:52pm On Mar 06, 2011
Time2Think:

At 68? Why is there no age limit for political office contestants if there can be retiring age in every other sectors of Nigeria?

Tell Goodluck Jonathan to propose an executive bill to the National Assembly in respect of your wishful delusion.
Re: Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. by Time2Think(f): 11:53pm On Mar 06, 2011
OH YES. I will.
Re: Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. by MAYOWAAK: 11:59pm On Mar 06, 2011
Time2Think:

OH YES. I will.

Better not to speak and be thought of as a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
Re: Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. by Time2Think(f): 12:00am On Mar 07, 2011
Odemerije. You can keep quiet for all I care.
Re: Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. by 9ijaMan: 1:04am On Mar 07, 2011
Time2Think:

Odemerije. You can keep quiet for all I care.
I think we can officially betroth you to Beaf on NL.
All hail Time2Think Mrs. Beaf/Faeb/Karl_Max etc etc. I won't be surprised though if you are Beaf in another girlie form!
Why not just act your user name and take some time to think.
Re: Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. by Time2Think(f): 1:06am On Mar 07, 2011
^.

Seriously speaking? I dont have anything to tell you but that you should not commit suicide once Buhari fails to win at the coming elections, from the way u r going.
Re: Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. by Muza(m): 2:22am On Mar 07, 2011
GEJ is too clueless and corrupt to rule Nigeria grin
Re: Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. by damas11111(m): 5:21am On Mar 07, 2011
@OP,

It's surely time to think for you. Make sure you do it well and if you require any help to think properly, pls give a call.
Re: Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. by dayokanu(m): 5:30am On Mar 07, 2011
GEJ is too daft to rule Nigeria

WIth a IQ subzero. Shouldnt there be an IQ test for intending Pesidents?
Re: Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. by evilspirit: 5:46am On Mar 07, 2011
gej
Re: Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. by evilspirit: 5:46am On Mar 07, 2011
gej phd is from benin republic
Re: Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. by MaziUche0(m): 5:51am On Mar 07, 2011
No former military ruler should be president of Nigeria.

People need to think for a change.

And Buhari is ethnically biased. He did not imprison Shagari, but had no qualms in throwing Ekwueme in jail.
Re: Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. by evilspirit: 6:01am On Mar 07, 2011
MaziUche0:

No former military ruler should be president of Nigeria.

People need to think for a change.

And Buhari is ethnically biased. He did not imprison Shagari, but had no qualms in throwing Ekwueme in jail.
listen to yourself.is that a good reason not to vote for someone.ok vote for jonathan.by 4 years time all of una go dey talk had i known.otondo britanica
Re: Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. by 10cirenoh: 9:17am On Mar 07, 2011
So its now being too old? lol, is he going to use his age to reason?
Re: Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. by Genbuhari3: 11:39am On Mar 07, 2011
Awolowo was 70 years in 1979 when he was rigged out by NPN. Golder Mier, the founder of modern Isreal was in her 70's, Nelson Mandela was in his 70's when he assumed power,

Timetothink,

you have no case in this matter!

I will rather give money to my incorruptible 82-year old father to help me do something, rather than give it to my randy junior brother who is crazy spend thrift. that is the diff btw an incorruptible Buhari and a corrupt jonathan who spent 10 billion naira on a fucking independence day celebration he could not secure!
Re: Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. by voche: 12:00pm On Mar 07, 2011
U forget wth OBJ?
Re: Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. by friedrice1: 12:03pm On Mar 07, 2011
dayokanu:

hehehehehhehe grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 07, 2011
Obasanjo grin grin ;Dwas too young to rule. . .rubbish thread angry angry angry
evilspirit:

gej phd is from benin republic grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
lol grin grin grin
Muza:

GEJ is too clueless grin grin grin grin and corrupt to rule Nigeria grin
Outstanding
dayokanu:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
looooooooooool grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. by apoti(m): 4:26pm On Mar 07, 2011
@ time2think, it's amazing that after all d time u've spent thinking. Your reasoning faculty still functions far below par undecided
Re: Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. by Pataki: 4:33pm On Mar 07, 2011
Jonathan Is Too Daft To Rule Nigeria.

I hope that bill is passed into law that clueless idiots like Jonathan are no longer allowed to preside over the affairs of Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 07, 2011
Time2Think:

I agree . . undecided
Re: Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. by MaziUche0(m): 4:45pm On Mar 07, 2011
Buhari should be retiring and enjoying old age. Not running for president. Let a younger man with more vigour be in charge of Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. by OAM4J: 4:54pm On Mar 07, 2011
Ujujoan:

I agree . . undecided

agree wetin? that man can still father a child with you o, dont look at the body, look at the engine grin

On a more serious note, its not about his age, its about how healthy and sound he is and if you listen to him, he sounds much more brilliant and capable than IBB's new adopted son.

Buhari/Bakare 2011, believe it, it is possible!
Re: Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 07, 2011
OAM4J:

agree wetin? that man can still father a child with you o, dont look at the body, look at the engine grin

On a more serious note, its not about his age, its about how healthy and sound he is and if you listen to him, he sounds much more brilliant and capable than IBB's new adopted son.

Buhari/Bakare 2011, believe it, it is possible!

Tufiakwa!  angry  angry  angry

Seriously, I work with a man of 70+ and he doesn't slack a bit . . .  well until he almost developed a heart attack on the job!  undecided

He might be healthy now but the work of a President is extremely tasking. Does he really think he can survive it for 8 years?

Have you ever taken the time to study President Obama before and after he became the President. The difference is glaring. That job can age someone overnight . .  not to talk of someone already on his way!  undecided
Re: Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. by 9ijaMan: 5:31pm On Mar 07, 2011
Ujujoan:

Seriously, I work with a man of 70+ and he doesn't slack a bit . . .  well until he almost developed a heart attack on the job!  undecided

He might be healthy now but the work of a President is extremely tasking. Does he really think he can survive it for 8 years?

Have you ever taken the time to study President Obama before and after he became the President. The difference is glaring. That job can age someone overnight . .  not to talk of someone already on his way!  undecided
Abeg o! The man has himself said he'll not do more than 4 years. I believe him. We need someone like him to clean the PDP mess and then we can subsequently have a relatively younger sound minded leader who'll build on the foundation Buhari would have laid.
Re: Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 07, 2011
9ijaMan:

Abeg o! The man has himself said he'll not do more than 4 years. I believe him. We need someone like him to clean the PDP mess and then we can subsequently have a relatively younger sound minded leader who'll build on the foundation Buhari would have laid.

Yea yea yea . . we've heard that before!
Re: Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. by OAM4J: 5:42pm On Mar 07, 2011
Ujujoan:

tufia wetin? the guy still rich small now, I know he is not as rich as IBB cos him no dey corrupt, but he still get enough gold for you to dig. grin

But seriously, people are different, you need to have seen my late granddad in his 80s, even at that age he was still honoring his many wives requests unfailingly. grin

If Regan could do it in his 70s, Buhari can do it as well. And dont forget, once a soldier always a soldier (energy wise).  cool
Re: Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 07, 2011
The thing no gree me upload jor.

OAM4J:

tufia wetin? the guy still rich small now, I know he is not as rich as IBB cos him no dey corrupt, but he still get enough gold for you to dig. grin

But seriously, people are different, you need to have seen my late granddad in his 80s, even at that age he was still honoring his many wives requests unfailingly. grin

If Regan could do it in his 70s, Buhari can do it as well. And dont forget, once a soldier always a soldier (energy wise).  cool

Hmmmn . . . I have my reservations sha! undecided
Re: Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. by OAM4J: 5:48pm On Mar 07, 2011
^^ nothing bad dey happen!
Re: Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. by dayokanu(m): 7:42pm On Mar 07, 2011
Ronald Reagan ruled and brought America prosperity at over 70yrs Nelson Mandela ruled and brought prosperity to South Africa at over 70.

Young Idi Amin was 46yrs old and he led Uganda to ruins.

Age doesnt count
Re: Buhari Is Too Old To Rule Nigeria. by buzugee(m): 7:46pm On Mar 07, 2011
a corrupt country does not need young men. only upright countries need young men. a corrupt country like nigeria needs someone as old as possible. at that age you dont have much to live for but your legacy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Opeyemi Bamidele Resigns As Ekiti Reps Leader Says No Going Back On Gov Ambition / This Is New Nigeria After National Confab In 2014 / Oshiomhole Flown Abroad Over Severe Injuries gotten From Auto Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.