Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,759 members, 7,806,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP (14214 Views)

Senate Presidency: APC Warns To Ndume / 2019 Budget Presentation: PDP Lawmakers’ Action Irresponsible - APC / Watch Your Utterances, APC Warns Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP by DebbyJose: 7:08am On Oct 16, 2020
The All Progressive Party, APC has warned mischief makers to be wary of hijackers, to avoid diversionary interest in the ongoing #EndSARS protest.

The youths took to the street on Thursday, 8 October 2020 to protest across the states of the country, against intimidation and harassment from the Special Anti-robbery Squad, SARS, and arm of the Nigerian Police Force.

In a statement released by the party public secretary, Hon. Seye Oladejo, the party warned the opposition party, People’s Democratic Party, PDP to steer clear of the protest and not disguise to cause mayhem because of the October by-elections in the Lagos East Senatorial district.

The statement reads;

Our attention has been drawn to the needless and irresponsible politicizing of the #ENDSARS nationwide protest by the opposition PDP.

It will be recalled that the Lagos state government since the commencement of the protest march around different parts of the state has been supportive. Mr Governor, Mr Babajide Sanwoolu and his deputy have taken turns to address the protesters identifying with the issues at stake and assuring of the state government sympathy.

The governor, in keeping with his promise, went ahead to present the terms of the resolution of the crisis to President Mohammadu Buhari in Abuja.

In addition, the state government ensured that all the protesters arrested were released.

It is worthy of note that the most important responsibility of any worthwhile government is the protection of the lives and property of the citizens as guaranteed by the 1999 constitution.

The #ENDSARS protest seeks to enforce this provision within the ambit of the citizens fundamental human right to life and dignity. As a party, we’re all concerned about the incessant incidents of police brutality which largely remain unchecked. There’s no doubt that no one is immuned against the lawlessness of a police force trained and sustained by the tax payers money.

However, the recent turn of events at the protest today gives serious cause for concern. The attack launched by hoodlums on armless and peaceful protesters was in bad taste.

The attempt in the social media, sponsored by the opposition PDP, to hold the state government responsible is to say the least , the height of bitter politics.

However, our investigation has revealed that the PDP would like to take advantage of the spate of protest to cause mayhem because of the October by-elections in the Lagos East Senatorial district.

Our intelligence has revealed the plans to unleash further attacks on the protesters especially in the Kosofe Local Government in the days ahead.

As the ruling party, we’re mindful of our role to support the government especially as regards the citizens rights and the delivery of our electoral promises.

We wish to call on law enforcement agencies to be alive to their responsibility to protect the citizens of the state from any untoward development that can disrupt our peaceful co-existence.

By the same token, the opposition party will be well counseled to revert to issue based campaign that will make for healthy politicking.

Seye Oladejo

Lagos APC Spokesman

4 Likes

Re: Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP by protests: 7:09am On Oct 16, 2020
The attempt in the social media, sponsored by the opposition PDP, to hold the state government responsible is to say the least , the height of bitter politics

See before we go PDP or APC
Go back and tell SanwoOlu
Today we rename
Lekki toll gate as #EndSARS FREEDOM GATE
You bash the compatriots vehicles with trucks?
This one is also PDP abi
No problem

6:40am, Oct 16, 2020: Govt / establishment sponsored thugs attacked #EndSARS youths with trucks

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP by GeneralStan(m): 7:09am On Oct 16, 2020
Ndi Ala

4 Likes

Re: Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP by kenzysmith: 7:11am On Oct 16, 2020
upon all this protests this people still ve still refuse to to get the message? Nigerians don't waste your time anymore cause this show this APC goons will not act let we the youths plan and look for a capable youth born in Europe or America to come and rule us to bring a world class ideas to rule this country reasons we that are born in Nigeria has always reasons like a typical Nigerian na me wan change am, the corruption bus running in our blood if young children nowadays have the mind set of becoming a yhoo boy don't be deceive by the sawores or moghalu we need some one from diaspora someone who have the passion and idea to lead and work with the few distinguished youth we have to appoint the right persons weather is from north or south or east someone who can deliver the goods. let start it now not latter am ready to donate my own 500 hundred naira

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP by TecM0: 7:12am On Oct 16, 2020
cool

Didn't you opposition politicise Occupy9ja protest when PDP were in power?

If APC and PDP don't get their acts together Tukur Burutai and the Army are going to take over after a revolution

According rumours flowing in, Nigerian Army have been in defiance with Defense Headquarters, Burutai has been redeploying and transferring his strong men strategically within South, he just concluded a Nation wide command tour

I hope Northern Military Dictators don't take over before 2023 in other to extend their reign

11 Likes

Re: Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP by hisgrace090: 7:13am On Oct 16, 2020
So Nigerians asking for the safety of their lives is now politics?

APC you're the one playing politics with this genuine demand.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP by Yahksbiz(m): 7:14am On Oct 16, 2020
ok
Re: Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP by saucespecies: 7:23am On Oct 16, 2020
You guys should face the issue on ground. This have nothing to do with APC or PDP.

The youth are the ones seeking for positive change and you guys should do something positive about it.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP by Officialgarri: 7:32am On Oct 16, 2020
I was happy when Sowore was sent out of the protest ground yesterday. No politician should be allowed on the ground.

An osun state senator was also embarrassed

It's only Kwara that has refused to use their senses

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP by Davash222(m): 7:34am On Oct 16, 2020
This protest is beyond PDP and APC .

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP by Vyzz: 7:37am On Oct 16, 2020

The protest doesn't have a face...

Listen to the youths and give them what the want and see them fall back to their house....

The problem now is that we will keep on protesting till we get everything right...

So Y'all gon give a hell lot of shit

5 Likes

Re: Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP by Lovelive: 7:42am On Oct 16, 2020
kenzysmith:
upon all this protests this people still ve still refuse to to get the message? Nigerians don't waste your time anymore cause this show this APC goons will not act let we the youths plan and look for a capable youth born in Europe or America to come and rule us to bring a world class ideas to rule this country let start it now not latter am ready to donate my own 500 hundred naira

We got your point

We appreciate it

Thumb up !

6 Likes

Re: Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP by tunapawizzy: 7:57am On Oct 16, 2020
they should STFU...they are the ones politicizing it and the youths wont let them be a distraction....both APC and PDP eni ku re, you guys are all d same....the other day Sowore was cut to size for trying to bring his revolution agenda on the front burner........this is a movement by the youths for the government to protect them from police brutality. PDP members are free to join as Nigerians, APC members are free to join as Nigerians but anyone of them that tries to change the narrative to political party issue, God go punish am. If you want to do ur political party protest , by all means go ahead but not at ENDSARS protest ground.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP by b0rn2fuck(m): 7:58am On Oct 16, 2020
History already being made ,either they achieve something or not.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 16, 2020
When this Revolution finally happens, PDP or APC will be shocked at what we will do to them....
#EndPDP
#EndAPC

11 Likes

Re: Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 16, 2020
PDP are on their own on this one. These youths are not that foolish anymore.

Youths ought to wisen up as to what they need and not allow themselves to be divided on trivials as I saw on an earlier thread.

If we must prosper as a nation, we have to all unite and agree what we need as a nation. This shouldn't just be endsars but should be an opportunity to repair our country.

First we must agree on the restructuring of this country cause the country is a MESS
Secondly, we must agree on devolution of power which means each region be given autonomy, with a weak central government. More like each region operating like a nation but under the same central government which would be weak and rather ceremonial.

Thirdly, we must agree on HUMAN RIGHTS. Which would be absolutely total. Right to life, to practice your religion which of course we would be saving the likes of Mubarak, right to expression as to repeal the heinous gay law which imprisons gays and give them their full right without being harassed in anyway, and also to protect girls who dress up in certain ways from being harassed and raped. We must AGREE to be tolerant of each other's tribe, religions (cause a lot of people hate the average Muslim. A lot are islamophobic. Not all of them are terrorists you know even though the miscreants amongst them should be dealt with), each other sexuality should be tolerated (YES! LEARN IT TO BE TOLERANT), etc. By so doing, we would have succeeded in conquering these politicians who use divide and rule to scatter us. Nigerians aren't wise.
This is a matter arising. Make a formal agreement to it. Involve the Christian, Muslim, lesbian, gay, atheists and traditionalists (under a formal agreement) and watch them protest with all their lives. Nigerians Should wisen up. Intolerance shouldn't make you stupid.

But where the government takes the right steps, then please we MUST pause to allow them complete their work at least for sometime

5 Likes

Re: Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP by BigBrother9ja: 7:58am On Oct 16, 2020
grin

I know the pigs are responsible for this.

Useless people.

2 Likes

Re: Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP by ednut1(m): 7:58am On Oct 16, 2020
Tinubu and MC continue

4 Likes

Re: Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP by SEGLIZ: 7:58am On Oct 16, 2020
not again.
Re: Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP by bigdammyj: 7:59am On Oct 16, 2020
Noted
Re: Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 16, 2020
Open Letter to Nigerian youths on a saner Nigeria.

Do not end clamouring, championing a good cause. Don't forget why you are doing whatever you are doing right now. Nigeria youths, please don't let down your guards.

He swiped something very small on his Palm and light came out. He wore a happy smile while puffing in his well moulded weed. Once again he drifted back to his loot while I kept begging and telling him to let me go, "I nor be Yahoo boy".
"Wetin you con dey use oyibo picture do for iphone"?
"Oga, I am a freelancer, I deal with these white people. Oga I am a graphic designer, I nor be Yahoo Oga abeg free me..." The word 'free me' made him lost his appetite. He drifted his red eye at me and landed a blow on my lips. Then he said, "oboy you don buy market today".
When he showed me his heavy lips, I turned my eyes from it. I wasn't sure so I asked if the SARS official used a sledge hammer, those lips wore gory. That was the tale of a friend who lost his money and still got beaten for having a couple of white men pictures on his phone.

Special Anti ROBBERY squad.

We are here, what next?

SARS terrorising those terrorising the people. That was a long time ago. I had an encounter with armed robbers some years ago. It was on Lagos-Ibadan express way.... They came around that day and saved it.
To me, this agitations for #EndSars is not enough. The future of this country belongs to the youths, let's save it once and for all. These are my questions begging for answers.

Within SARS, ain't there good ones?

Before SARS, ain't there extra-judicial killings?

Once upon a time in Nigeria, we complained and are still complaining about police brutality. To me, these problems are not secluded from another. Infact there should be a total police service reform in Nigeria. We can't clamour #EndPolice. This is my candid suggestion however.

Dear president M Buhari. Declare a one week state of emergency in Nigeria to curb the protest (I'm sure it has written a bad one on your records sir). However sir, while this state of emergency is necessary to reform the police.

Invite every police officer to report for psychiatric evaluation. None of them should be left out from this exercise. For this whole one week, I suggest the policing job should be given to the Nigerian armed forces with strict complaince to guarding the police armory. Protection of Nigerians lives and prosperities.
Let's allow SARS keep its obligation and police for policing. We need to see beyond this time. Some SARS officers deviated from their obligation because they had no strict protocols anymore. Same officers will still liter the street causing nuisances if serious police reform ain't in place. Let every police officers be subjected to brain check and up the ladder to the IG. After this exercise, let every subsequent police recruitment be subjected to psychological test for every candidate.

We need a saner Nigeria for our coming generation, we can only make it better by asking for right things. I say no to #EndSars meanwhile #EndPoliceBrutality and #WeWantPolicingRejigged

I am Abiodun Itunu.

3 Likes

Re: Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:00am On Oct 16, 2020
kenzysmith:
upon all this protests this people still ve still refuse to to get the message? Nigerians don't waste your time anymore cause this show this APC goons will not act let we the youths plan and look for a capable youth born in Europe or America to come and rule us to bring a world class ideas to rule this country let start it now not latter am ready to donate my own 500 hundred naira
you don't know that they are in panic mode, doing meeting up and down, for the first time since 5 years, I have been able to walk freely for a week without the fear of one yeye police man harrassing people, I don do temple run 2 times with SARS and 3 with Normal police, thats where I learn the slogan " YOUR RACE IS YOUR BAIL" from the street and never run straight road when SARS is chasing you

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP by dangotesmummy: 8:00am On Oct 16, 2020
Please protesters should not give 1 tiny room for politicians o

They're cleverly and desperately trying to creep in and hijack the protest.politicians are like lepers.once their hands touch something,they must destroy it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP by AntiBalaka: 8:00am On Oct 16, 2020
What of the Chibok abductions and BH bombings that you idiots used to troll GEJ
Re: Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP by kosebafi: 8:00am On Oct 16, 2020
Y do you guys think PDP is politicizing it?
Re: Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP by Okortor: 8:01am On Oct 16, 2020
APC=PDP
PDP=APC
youth needs to wake up
#RevolutionNow
#EndSars
#EndPoliceBrutality
#RestructureNigeria

1 Like

Re: Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP by Bar1941(m): 8:01am On Oct 16, 2020
It's getting clearer that the political elites are hijacking the struggle and this may jeopardize the expected result from this protest.

Vast majority of Nigerians are facing series of hardships imposed on them by these political parties, none should act a Saint role this time around because they are the same.

Nigeria needs a system that will work for the populace, if breaking up is the solution to arrive at this let everyone go their separate ways. In a situation where the South is calling for an end to SARS and the North clamoring for the prolongation of its existence is a clear indication that the project Nigeria �� had failed.

2 Likes

Re: Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP by Eriokanmi: 8:01am On Oct 16, 2020
Ha. See as dem damage dat Lexus. All these modern vehicles, na plastics and foams full am. Yet, they come at exorbitant prices

1 Like

Re: Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP by Alexpetra: 8:02am On Oct 16, 2020
so they didn't get the message, still playing blame game infact #EndAPC #EndPDP

2 Likes

Re: Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP by Racoon(m): 8:03am On Oct 16, 2020
Perhaps they still think they are campaigning for election.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: Nigeria Does Not Need Placeholders, We Need Pacesetters / 2024: Rivers Assembly Okays N800bn "Budget Of Renewed Hope & Consolidation" / Court Of Appeal Judgment: Police Teargas 16 Sacked Plateau PDP Lawmakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.