Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

FG offers free business registration for 250,000 MSMEs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG offers free business registration for 250,000 MSMEs (32565 Views)

Nigerian Military Dismisses Major, Lieutenant For Stealing Phone, ₦250,000 / Private Schools, Others To Benefit From Msmes Support Scheme – Osinbajo / Mohammed Adamu: Police Need 250,000 Rifles, 1,000 APCs, 774 Drones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG offers free business registration for 250,000 MSMEs by postbox: 7:43am On Oct 20, 2020
The Federal Government says it has offered free business registration for 250,000 Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) nationwide under its recently launched Survival Fund Scheme.
The Minister of State for Industry, Trade and Investment, Amb Mariam Katagum, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Monday in Abuja.

According to her, President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration through the Economic Sustainability Committee had announced specific programmes aimed at cushioning the impact of COVID-19 on MSME businesses.

“We have got the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) to register 250,000 businesses free of charge.

“In Nigeria, we have a lot of these MSMEs but they are just never formalised, and they stay like that and some fizzle out because they are not able to access credit facilities.

“So part of this component so to register 250,000 businesses free of charge, when you say free of charge, it is this project that pays because CAC will not do it for us free.

“We also within it give 50 per cent discount for those other enterprises that want to register, so if you are not micro, small or medium, you do not get that kind of free registration.”

Katagum said the Federal Government, through the Nigeria Economic Sustainability Plan (NESP) had commenced nationwide implementation of the National MSME Survival Fund and the Guaranteed Off-take Schemes.

She explained that both schemes were at the core of the N2.3 trillion stimulus package also known as the Nigeria Economic Sustainability Plan (NESP) being implemented by the Federal Government.

“These programmes include among others, the N75 billion-MSME Survival Fund and Guaranteed Off-take Schemes of which I have the honour to chair the steering committee for the effective implementation of the projects.

“The project, which will run for an initial period of three months, is targeting 1.7million entities and individuals and has provisions for 45 per cent female-owned businesses and five per cent for those with special needs.”

According to her, the project is borne out of the Federal Government’s commitment to helping cushion the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the economy by saving existing jobs and creating new job opportunities.

The minister said that other initiatives under the project include the Artisans and Transport Grants under which electricians, mechanics, plumbers, painters, taxi drivers and other artisans were being empowered with grants.

She said that the Guaranteed Offtake Scheme was to protect and sustain the income of vulnerable MSMEs by guaranteeing the offtake of their products.

She said the Guaranteed Offtake Scheme would provide grants for manufacturers of consumables such as hand sanitisers, face masks, liquid soap, disinfectants and processed foods.

Katagum said that the Payroll Support Schemes supports MSME payroll obligations by paying between N30, 000 and N50, 000 to between three, minimum and 10, maximum workers for three months.

According to her, MSMEs in this category are required to have a minimum of three and maximum of 50 Staff on their payroll to qualify for it.

She said that they must be in the hospitality industry, private schools, factory owners, law firms and hospitals, among others. (NAN).

https://brandspurng.com/2020/10/19/fg-offers-free-business-registration-for-250000-msmes/

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG offers free business registration for 250,000 MSMEs by Lovelies1: 7:55am On Oct 20, 2020
Restructure this country

Restructure this country

Southern protectorate of Nigeria

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG offers free business registration for 250,000 MSMEs by nanauju(f): 7:55am On Oct 20, 2020
Free business registration for your family and friends

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG offers free business registration for 250,000 MSMEs by bancoleh: 7:55am On Oct 20, 2020
Wow, good moves, hope small scale industry go benefits well
Video editing tutorial
Place a video into text

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8avxsFyg6wQ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG offers free business registration for 250,000 MSMEs by TheSERAPH: 7:55am On Oct 20, 2020

Website that cannot log users in since they

commenced the crap. I pray they work on it and

fulfill what they promised

14 Likes

Re: FG offers free business registration for 250,000 MSMEs by brainpulse: 7:55am On Oct 20, 2020
This is commendable. Serious minded people to take advantage of this.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG offers free business registration for 250,000 MSMEs by motherlode: 7:55am On Oct 20, 2020
Thumbs up!

It's a big one for those who missed out on the last cost reduction done sometimes last year.
Re: FG offers free business registration for 250,000 MSMEs by varmint: 7:56am On Oct 20, 2020
You look at what they say, you know they have a clue on how to make the country better, then you see what they do(how they loot and implement policies inefficiently), and you know they are just deliberately moving the country backwards.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG offers free business registration for 250,000 MSMEs by IamSalt: 7:56am On Oct 20, 2020
[quote author=Lovelies1 post=95117847][/quote]

Goal goal
Re: FG offers free business registration for 250,000 MSMEs by Oxtonguy: 7:56am On Oct 20, 2020
It should have been 2 million

1 Like

Re: FG offers free business registration for 250,000 MSMEs by ambivert27(f): 7:56am On Oct 20, 2020
See them undecided
After offering free registration, you kill their business growth with anti people policies. These people still think we live in the past?

#EndSars
#Endbadgovernance
#Restructurenow

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG offers free business registration for 250,000 MSMEs by ATEAMS: 7:57am On Oct 20, 2020
Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.

1 Like

Re: FG offers free business registration for 250,000 MSMEs by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 20, 2020
Theis people dey high on cow shit.... Register business when all business dey halted now. Solve Wetin dey on ground una dey......

Angel wey carry me come naija I swear we go reason well. In fact I go drag am go hell make me and him align. The fire go burn am but E no go touch me. For I've been in fire all my life.
Dunderheads

2 Likes

Re: FG offers free business registration for 250,000 MSMEs by atobs4real(m): 7:58am On Oct 20, 2020
How true is that your story? Bringing out fake news because they are on a hot seat

4 Likes

Re: FG offers free business registration for 250,000 MSMEs by ThatFairGuy1: 7:58am On Oct 20, 2020
Re: FG offers free business registration for 250,000 MSMEs by Duggedised12(f): 7:58am On Oct 20, 2020
I didn't see the process to get registered for free.

10 Likes

Re: FG offers free business registration for 250,000 MSMEs by splmosixx(m): 7:58am On Oct 20, 2020
SCAM

2 Likes

Re: FG offers free business registration for 250,000 MSMEs by LawLab247: 7:59am On Oct 20, 2020
Good one
Re: FG offers free business registration for 250,000 MSMEs by sweetonugbu: 7:59am On Oct 20, 2020
Good if it's true, politicians can lie
Re: FG offers free business registration for 250,000 MSMEs by nairalandankrah: 7:59am On Oct 20, 2020
Suddenly, they are now forced to share and make public the opportunities they had hitherto preserved for their families, friends, and generations yet unborn..
Yet they refuse to release the links for registration... Scam and unserious govt.

The protest is working.
But we are not done yet
We must continue

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG offers free business registration for 250,000 MSMEs by Newphil: 7:59am On Oct 20, 2020
Okay
Re: FG offers free business registration for 250,000 MSMEs by sylve11: 8:00am On Oct 20, 2020
If this thing works, then i will begin to have little faith in Nigeria. cool
Re: FG offers free business registration for 250,000 MSMEs by Bar1941(m): 8:00am On Oct 20, 2020
God will punish Buhari, his cabinet and every greedy leaders that led us into where we are today as a country.

CAN A HUNGRY MAN REGISTER A BUSINESS? People are crying of hunger this fooolish minister is talking about registration of business, if you morons took a step like this 5years ago, the number of protesters on the street would have been reduced today even if there is anyone protesting. Nigeria had failed as a country, let everyone go their separate ways, what divides us of late is far more than what unites us.

BTW, where is that hacker of a guy self, can't he hack Buhari's brain so that the useless man can resign voluntarily? Imagine the level of chaos in the country, the fooolish man never come out even for once to address his people, what a leader?

7 Likes

Re: FG offers free business registration for 250,000 MSMEs by Cocobongo(m): 8:00am On Oct 20, 2020
YoonSung40:
Believe me , it can never be done for free
Negativities is your motto
Re: FG offers free business registration for 250,000 MSMEs by jchioma: 8:00am On Oct 20, 2020
Unless something has changed, that website will be another bureaucratic bottle neck for people to sign up and register. I don't really understand what is happening in this country.

1 Like

Re: FG offers free business registration for 250,000 MSMEs by Ventura1: 8:00am On Oct 20, 2020
Usual rhetoric
Re: FG offers free business registration for 250,000 MSMEs by MadamAlapata(f): 8:00am On Oct 20, 2020
What rubbish free registration, this a means to divert our attention #endsars/swat
Re: FG offers free business registration for 250,000 MSMEs by khalleb(m): 8:01am On Oct 20, 2020
Please I can I go about it I would like to register my business

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Is My Father - Man Says, Alongside His Mother (Pics, Video) / Agric Minister Deletes Tweets Attacking Buhari / Celebration At Muhammad Matawalle's House Over Zamfara Supreme Court Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.