Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others (62516 Views)

Aranmolate Ayobami: ‘We Treated 15 Lekki Tollgate Shooting Victims’ / Lekki Shooting Victims Storm Lagos Panel Of Inquiry / Nigerian Army Denies Moving 20 Lekki Shooting Victims To IDH Mortuary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by fergie001: 11:59pm On Oct 21, 2020
Osinbajo: "These Are Trying Times"
My heart goes out to all the victims of the Lekki shootings, and also the policemen and all other men and women who lost their lives in the past few days in different parts of Lagos & other states.

I spoke to some of those in hospital. The pain of these terrible events is palpable in our towns and cities, and some losses are irreplaceable, but we can and will get justice for all of them. I stand with Lagos & all other affected states in these trying times.

We pray we will never see a repeat of these tragedies in Jesus name. God bless you all. - YO

Prof Yemi Osinbajo

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by thaoriginator: 12:07am On Oct 22, 2020

These people are damn crazy men!

They will ignore and wait until damages are done before they come and start talking rubbish. Talking about justice.

Bro, there will never be justice!

Only God can Judge you motherfuckerrrrrs!

Assuming you acted swiftly from the beginning, many lives would have been saved.

You're all pretenders!

You don't really care about us!

650 Likes 41 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Nobody: 12:08am On Oct 22, 2020
To ensure there's no repeat of bloodshed, you must do the needful;

Relinquishment angry

168 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Goodcare(m): 12:09am On Oct 22, 2020
I reserved my comment

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Nobody: 12:10am On Oct 22, 2020
We've decided to move forward...no turning back

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by fergie001: 12:10am On Oct 22, 2020
>>>>>Comments

17 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by omoyankee3(m): 12:12am On Oct 22, 2020
Ordinary words that has no effect. They died under your watch, their blood are on your hands.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Mikelarteta(m): 12:12am On Oct 22, 2020
Oga Professor Pastor, resign from this killer government, that’s the most honourable thing you can do for yourself and your generation unborn. Do not sell you conscience just because of the two and half years remaining. What do you expect from your illiterate master. The Northerner knows what they are doing. You are a figure head in Aso Rock. Resign and come back home, your people will appreciate you. Your wife is the late Obafemi Awolowo’s grand daughter, Several decades after he is gone,southwest will not be complete without the mention of his name.As it is,I make bold to say El Rufai a Governor is more powerful than you are.Do not be like the lion in Boudillon that is ready to sacrifice the lives of his people just because of an imaginary presidency. Tinubu is really foolish to think the North will relinquish power to him. They will rather Osinbajo am sure. RIP to the dead. Buhari and all all those soldiers that pull the trigger to kill harmless protesters, you will all die shamefully.

208 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Openbusiness: 12:12am On Oct 22, 2020
sad Bad or failed leadership from the wicked Buhari regime caused all these problems. Even during the time of Abacha, even when MKO was killed, even when Simbiat was assassinated, even when Funsho Williams was murdered in Dolphin Ikoyi, and all the other major political crisis in Lagos history, it never ever degenerated to this point, degenerated too badly that Oba of Lagos palace was desecrated by angry youths....none of these unfortunate things has ever happened before in the entire history of Lagos State. Lagos State has never ever witness civil unrest and anarchy on a large scale to this extent of public destructions before. What triggered it? They sent soldiers to shoot and kill umarmed peaceful protesters at Lekki phase 1 toll gate.

There was so much tension in the country already, mass poverty coupled with many anti-people government policies that have driven up prices of commodities and costs of living, so much Government insensitivity. People are yet to recover from COVID economic recession, you start slamming Nigerians with one tax after another, one tariff after another, fuel price up, VAT up, NEPA up, dollar up, one crazy tax after another, one crazy bill after another. The masses are already frustrated and the frustration was already at boiling point. Yet Buhari regime doesn't care, he is not bothered. Nigerians can go to hell, that's not his business.

Ok, no problem, the people still managed to continue their lives, but it got to a point they said enough is enough for police brutality, torture, maiming and extrajudicial killings. It was not exaggeration. It was reality. There were countless cases of extreme human rights violations and murders, without justice being served on the police killers and offenders. This was the main cause of the protests at the initial stages, protesters were loud, they were angry but they were civil, they were orderly and they were unarmed. It was peaceful. Protesting peacefully was their aim to voice out their displeasure and anger to government, to press for critical changes in the system, to ask for justice for the murdered and oppressed.

Buhari said he acknowledged the civic rights of the protesters to protest peacefully. Very very good. So what happened, where did the commotion come from? The peaceful protesters suddenly were getting attacked and killed by thugs and criminals, obviously hired by government to intimidate the protesters to stop protesting. Very very STUPID move. You have a spontaneous protests, across the country, with no clear leadership, that should tell you the equation is very volatile, any wrong move and things could descend into widespread anarchy and chaos.

Still despite the provocations, the peaceful protesters continue protesting peacefully until the shadow attacks from hired criminals became unbearable and they started to defend themselves. Anarchy loading, but at this stage it has not gone totally out of control yet. The government still had the opportunity to calm things down. But NO, Buhari regime had to escalate the tensions, had to spoil everything. How? Armed soldiers went to shoot unarmed peaceful protesters at Lekki yesterday night and that was when everything scattered. Why would they shoot to kill unarmed peaceful protesters that the president himself said had the rights to protest peacefully? If it was completely necessary for them to disperse the crowd, why didn't they use tear gas? Why didn't they use tasers? Why didn't they use water cannons or use batons or even pepper spray to disperse the crowd? There were so many options they had to resolve that situation without murder, without killings BUT they chose to KILL. Why? These youths are citizens for God's sake. Some of them even voted for this same Buhari to get power. Some of them even protested peacefully for Buhari's sake during GEJ govt, and yet this is how Buhari regime pays them back, with live bullets fired at them? No, it is totally wrong, condemnable, unacceptable and unjustifiable.

None of the chaos we are witnessing today across the country will have happened if the government had been more sincere and sensitive. I mean for God's sake even during military era, as brutal as they were, it never got to this point, they still had some limits they won't cross.

This is the reason why I blame Buhari regime for this, if they had shown sense, maturity and sensitivity, the whole crisis of the peaceful protests could have been managed well and turned around in their favor. For example, if I were the President and this protests crisis broke out and the youths made their demands for change, very reasonable demands. I will have addressed them, given them assurances, beyond words, I will have taken some quick actions to show my sincerity and solidarity to their cause. I will not only have ordered the IGP to disband the police units accused of gross human rights abuses and violations, I would have asked that the officers already proven to be offenders face orderly trial immediately, while further investigation continues for other offenders. If the protesters still insisted on continuing their peaceful protests, I will have allowed them to continue.

Then when the protesters claim and provide proof that they are being attacked by criminals as they are peacefully protesting, I would have deployed riot squad and other security teams to the protesting zones and areas to provide security for the peaceful protesters. All these actions will make them see and know that truly the govt is on their side and is sincere about making change, about addressing their concerns, that the govt is sensitive to their cries.

By the time they protest peacefully and roam about for maybe 2 or 3 weeks or even 1 month, their anger would be lesser and they will become more predisposed to come to the dialogue table with govt and discuss a holistic way forward together and brainstorm about the ideas that will work to make society a safer place for the youths and citizens. During those weeks they are allowed to peacefully protest with security protecting them and guaranteeing their safety, the worst that could happen is the inconveniences of traffic blockage, or obstruction by the large number of protesters on the road and streets. Alternative temporary detours can be used, and they can still appeal to them during their march to give way whenever traffic stands still. It is better people suffer traffic and hold up for peace to reign than for society to descend into mass anarchy, chaos and killings. People already experience heavy traffic from time to time, it is not a strange phenomena in our society. How many times have they shutdown major highways and roads for months in Lagos, as unbearable as the traffic was, sometimes hours and hours in heavy traffic, people still managed and all was well eventually.

That's how the situation would have been well managed, no bloodshed, no torture, no murders. At the end of the day, I will have succeeded in winning over the protesters and youths and they will respect and believe in their govt more. Problem solved!

But NO, NO, NO, they just had to choose the way of brutality and killing. It is either this Buhari regime is just too DAFT or they enjoy killing citizens.

280 Likes 38 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by tolumizzy(m): 12:12am On Oct 22, 2020
His heart is always popping out... Alaye.... Resign

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Nobody: 12:12am On Oct 22, 2020
May God guide you aright Mr VP

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by praiseneo(m): 12:12am On Oct 22, 2020
Wetin de work this Guy

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Kizxee(m): 12:12am On Oct 22, 2020
If only what they say they mean it
undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by baliyubla: 12:12am On Oct 22, 2020
This one heart never finish to the give out? Every time “my heart goes out”.

Coward even had to wait for Jubrin to sleep before sending out tweets.

125 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by ATEAMS: 12:12am On Oct 22, 2020
You can only give your heart away once - after that, you give as much as you have left...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by ILoveDemMANNA: 12:12am On Oct 22, 2020
You are right VP.

The VP has done very well since the issue came up, I am personally proud of him.

Nigeria youths will be the winner at the end of all this crises.
It will end well for us all.

Finnese001:
Thank you my vp
You are welcome!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Finnese001: 12:13am On Oct 22, 2020
Thank you my vp
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by html14java(f): 12:13am On Oct 22, 2020
Pastor Odumeje, saw all this coming. Very clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbNOMcapMnc

Just listen to him. Nigeria need prayer.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:13am On Oct 22, 2020
Is this a parody account?
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by XXXXTENTACION: 12:13am On Oct 22, 2020
ITS NO LONGER
TIME FOR WORDS
THE V.P SHOULD DO THE NEEDFUL
HIS WORDS WON'T CHANGE ANYTHING cool

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by incogni2o: 12:13am On Oct 22, 2020
IMO He should resign.

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by stmoriz(m): 12:13am On Oct 22, 2020
All this wicked men under the disguise of professor or pastor or man of God. No worry. Na God go Judge una

14 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 22, 2020
Oga tell the dullard in Also rock to do the needful

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by pablobellins(m): 12:13am On Oct 22, 2020
Since Buhari isn't around; aren't you supposed to be the C in C ? Then do the needful midget.

17 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by money121(m): 12:13am On Oct 22, 2020
Ok
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by html14java(f): 12:13am On Oct 22, 2020
Is that all? How is Buhari. He chaired the NEC meeting today. He should update us pls.

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by AbbeySOM: 12:13am On Oct 22, 2020
In Nigeria I trust. May God have mercy on His creatures

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Sniper101(m): 12:13am On Oct 22, 2020
People are dead & all Mr VP has to say is
"These are trying times?"

OP
...no vex abeg
Please remind me again about the exact paragraph in his speech where he SPECIFICALLY said "these are trying times"

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by ogaontop(m): 12:13am On Oct 22, 2020
I feel this guy will make a better President than Buhari or Tinubu, remains to see if they will give him the ticket!!

But He could have helped preventing the Lekki massacre if he does his job well, without fear or favour as he swore in the oath of office!

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by debossng: 12:14am On Oct 22, 2020
G
Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by cynthia9: 12:14am On Oct 22, 2020
The revolution has begun

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Promises Justice For Lekki Shooting Victims, Others by Kelvinpam(m): 12:14am On Oct 22, 2020
They are always praying. Tell them to work as well, they won't. Please everyone stay safe out there. Nigeria is not ready for rebirth.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Benue Indigenes React To Nnamdi Kanu's "No Biafra Without Rivers & Benue" Talk / Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? / Buratai Takes A Selfie With His Pet, A Snake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.