Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,287 members, 7,780,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:44 PM

419 Oyedepo - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 419 Oyedepo (3693 Views)

Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering / Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

419 Oyedepo by EarsWide(m): 10:25am On Mar 09, 2011
Listen to the start of this video - Oyedepo says prayer/fasting does not work if you want to prosper. He says it only responds to 'tithing/giving'.

So in effect if you have nothing to give - you will never prosper.

Why do we still allow this charlatans to preach and appear on TV ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmlN8GnmeUY&feature=related
Re: 419 Oyedepo by eyzhvntsn: 10:36am On Mar 09, 2011
lipsrsealed
Re: 419 Oyedepo by Image123(m): 11:00am On Mar 09, 2011
I'll watch the video later in the day, i'm presently on my mobilephone. But looks like you're making up the conclusions you want to make. i've listened to him a couple of times though. i partially doubt that He used that word 'tithe'(i'll check). i've heard him say something on those lines about giving being the way to prosperity. guess he was telling his audience not to be fasting and praying for money, which is right. Givers don't lack,that's a well known principle. i'll be surprised if He said 'give to me, or to my church' as a condition for prosperity.
Re: 419 Oyedepo by Image123(m): 11:08am On Mar 09, 2011
i'll add that truly, if you have nothing to give you'll not prosper. There's always something to give. It's not always money like you think(talk about removing the log in someone else' eye when you're always thinking that way), and when people mention giving, it's not only to church that they speak/mean.
If you don't have anything to give, how can you prosper?
Re: 419 Oyedepo by EarsWide(m): 11:20am On Mar 09, 2011
@Image123

Please watch the video when you get a chance and come to your own conclusion.

Secondly you say 'if you have nothing to give you'll not prosper' - what sort of christians are you people. You have been so brainwashed and confused that you are equating povery to sin. What is the basis behind 'you have to give to prosper' ?? Also when you say giving does not have to be to the church why dont your 419 pastors make this clear ? What they do is called 'misleading by omission'. These guys are experts in manipulation.

Oyedepo is a particularly bad pastor boasting about his jet plane on the pulpit (he can be dismissed as a quack by lack his lack of humility alone even before you start to notice his money grabbing cons).
Re: 419 Oyedepo by Joagbaje(m): 11:26am On Mar 09, 2011
I have heard it said often. And the poit of emphasis is that everyone ought to be a giver, no matter your level , there is always something you can give. And its true also that a man that doesn't give anything will not have except  they function in the general blessing.There is a general blessing . Rain falls on the good and the bad.
Re: 419 Oyedepo by EarsWide(m): 11:28am On Mar 09, 2011
@Joagbaje

SO now you concede you dont have to give, to prosper. We are making progress  smiley
Re: 419 Oyedepo by Joagbaje(m): 11:38am On Mar 09, 2011
God created us to contribute to life, we give out carbon dioxide to plants and they give us oxygen . We are to live by our giving. A man that doesn't give is merely existing . He is not living yet. The way out of poverty is giving. A man that is so poor to the point of stealing from others have operate the principle to come out of poverty.

Ephesians 4:28
28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with [his] hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

When a man begins to give, he activate the grace of receiving in his life.
Re: 419 Oyedepo by EarsWide(m): 11:49am On Mar 09, 2011
@Joagbaje

Giving is indeed good. That is why I said the church should give also (by building free schools and hospitals) abi ?

But you said earlier in another thread 'the church is not a charity ' but you want individuals to be charities - make up your mind!
Re: 419 Oyedepo by alexleo(m): 2:03pm On Mar 09, 2011
@EarsWide ,
pls change the title you gave to this thread and stop insulting people. Am not oyedepo's member yet i wont subscribe to your insulting him just because you misunderstood a point he made. Giving is good weather you believe it or not. It brings prosperity. It is in the bible. It is not man's theory pls. What am against is a situation where they give so much prominence to the message of prosperity than the message of salvation and holiness.
Re: 419 Oyedepo by Image123(m): 2:14pm On Mar 09, 2011
Earswide
You're just complaining due to your perspective. I've watched the video. Pls, answer this question, did he mention 'tithe' in that link? i didn't hear it, i hope you're not just trying to incite emotions. Did you hear the part where he said some people were givers but not spiritual, and vice versa? You need the balance. Anyone who gives will be given, it's not a matter of fasting or righteousness.
I've not/he did not equate poverty to sin. You're the one unknowing equating prosperity to material wealth to righteousness. i'm not even sure the man mentioned money. Don't know what took you to part4 of his message. You may be conning yourself here if anything.
Re: 419 Oyedepo by EarsWide(m): 3:16pm On Mar 09, 2011
@Image123

So because he did not specifically mention tithe (in the video) you dont think he is talking about giving to HIS church. Did he at any point say take care of widows, orphans or even your own elderly relatives. NO he did not - he is a charlatan trying to frighten people into giving money to HIS church. How can he afford his plane if not for all the tithes and offerrings ? There is a saying 'You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time' Oyedepo and his fellow charlatans have been doing this for too long - you cannot keep extorting money from people for personal gain - it is wrong and criminal.

I repeat WHERE DID THE MONEY FOR THE PRIVATE PLANE COME FROM ?

@alexleo
Change the title ?  Are you having a laugh ? why would i do that ? I believe Oyedepo is a 419 charlatan so my title stays smiley
If you feel bad for me singling him out - dont worry if I have time I will do exposes on his fellow charlatans. Watch this space smiley
Re: 419 Oyedepo by gbagudara: 3:22pm On Mar 09, 2011
I don't see anything wrong with the bishop's preaching.  I believe you practice what may be referred to as "ambush listening."  Did you listen to the rest of the sermon.  I think you reacted too quickly as soon as you heard "tithing and giving."  I believe there is spiritual substance to his sermon thesis.  Try and listen to the whole sermon.  Don't be too hasty or impatient to "nail" the preacher.  You have been hanging around too long and around too many charismatics.  Make haste slowly.  Don't rush to judgment and condemnation.  Easy on this individual.
Re: 419 Oyedepo by gbagudara: 3:30pm On Mar 09, 2011
Sometime, I think people are just jealous of certain men of God. If you don't feel like tithing, don't use Oyedepo as an excuse not to tithe. This is a sin by itself. It is true some people are into this ministry work for the money, but not all. It is God's injunction for Christians to tithe. It should however not represent the mission and vision or the ultimate goal of preachers and churches
Re: 419 Oyedepo by EarsWide(m): 3:31pm On Mar 09, 2011
@gbagudara

I have watched the whole thing 1 to 8. He is scaring people into giving the entire thing.

WHY DOES ANYONE NOT ANSWER - WHERE DID THE MONEY FOR THE PLANE COME FROM ?
Re: 419 Oyedepo by mabell: 3:39pm On Mar 09, 2011
@Earswide, you really are not making sense
If a man visits a shrine whether he pays or not, the devil collects back from him one way or the other, it's a spiritual principle
A man that has no physical cash to give can also give his time to God
You are not a christian so you are not familiar with God's principles
Re: 419 Oyedepo by EarsWide(m): 3:42pm On Mar 09, 2011
@Mabell

I prefer not to do insults. wont it be easier to explain WHERE DID HE GET MONEY FOR A PLANE ?
Re: 419 Oyedepo by Image123(m): 4:03pm On Mar 09, 2011
Earswide
You said and i quote
Oyedepo says prayer/fasting does not work if you want to prosper. He says it only responds to 'tithing / giving'.
Do we now call you a liar? He didn't say to give to 'HIS church', stop being sentimental. you're forcing words on him. i don't really listen to him but i'm told he says the opposite/reverse of this instead.
I don't know or care where he got money to buy anything. It's not my money or business. i love to mind my business.
Re: 419 Oyedepo by EarsWide(m): 4:24pm On Mar 09, 2011
@Image123
If you dont really listen to him - how do you know that he is not demanding money for his church. Listen to the whole thing 1 - 8 before you accuse me of lying.

If you dont care how he gets money for his plane - I DO. You cannot fleece the poor to be flying in a plane. It is WRONG.

1 Like

Re: 419 Oyedepo by Joagbaje(m): 4:42pm On Mar 09, 2011
I hope you are aware that you're breaking spiritual laws and inning against God by all these evil speakings against these men of God.

Exodus 22:28
28 Thou shalt not revile the gods, nor curse the ruler of thy people.

Jude 1:8
8 Likewise also these [filthy] dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.
Re: 419 Oyedepo by Image123(m): 4:43pm On Mar 09, 2011
You're just being sentimental, i have other things to do than to listen to unplanned youtube links looking for 'errors'. You mentioned a link and said to watch the beginning for oyedepo saying give tithe and prosper. I listened to the link and part of the next. He didn't even mention the word 'tithe'. Its your headache, not mine. It's easier to nail you as either a liar, or one conning himself.
Re: 419 Oyedepo by EarsWide(m): 4:48pm On Mar 09, 2011
@Jogbaje

Abeg go and sit down jare - are you trying to scare me. I am shaking now smiley NOT!!

Read this:

True and False Prophets
15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
True and False Disciples
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
Re: 419 Oyedepo by Image123(m): 4:50pm On Mar 09, 2011
EarsWide:

Listen to the start of this video - Oyedepo says prayer/fasting does not work if you want to prosper. He says it only responds to 'tithing/giving'.

So in effect if you have nothing to give - you will never prosper.

Why do we still allow this charlatans to preach and appear on TV ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmlN8GnmeUY&feature=related
I'm quoting this to save you from the temptation to edit.
Re: 419 Oyedepo by EarsWide(m): 4:56pm On Mar 09, 2011
@Image123

Oyedepo and the rest of his ilk are charlatans. What busiess does a pastor have preaching 'Financial Empowerment'   ? It is all an elaborate scam. Pastors should be winning souls for christ - there are business schools and banks a plenty to help people get rich.

Again before you comment why dont you look closer at Oyedepo - in the whole series 1 - 8, he is practically holding a gun to peoples heads asking for money.

HE IS A CHARLATAN - WHERE DID HE GET THE MONEY FOR HIS PLANE ?

He claims God told him to buy it smiley
Re: 419 Oyedepo by EarsWide(m): 4:58pm On Mar 09, 2011
@Image123

Why would I want to edit anything ?

Oyedepo IS A CHARLATAN - in that video HE IS ROBBING peple. You can take this to the bank.
Re: 419 Oyedepo by seunlayi(m): 3:50pm On Mar 10, 2011
EarsWide:

@Jogbaje

Abeg go and sit down jare - are you trying to scare me. I am shaking now smiley NOT!!

Read this:

True and False Prophets
15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.
True and False Disciples
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
The word of God has said it all.

Re: 419 Oyedepo by Dereformer(m): 4:52pm On Mar 10, 2011
OYEDEPO, OYAKHILOME, ADEBOYE ETC ARE ALL THIEVES. I HAVE NO APOLOGIES TO ANY HUMAN BEING LIVING OR DEAD.

I PITY THE PEOPLE THEY FLEECE DAY AND NIGHT.

WHY IS IT DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND THAT THESE MEN ARE CON MEN. VERY SHREWD BUSINESSMEN.

WHAT BUSINESS HAS A TRUE MAN OF GOD IN ESTABLISHING SCHOOL AND MAKING IT OUT OF THE REACH OF THE POOR?

THESE MEN BENEFITED FROM THE FREE EDUCATION BROUGHT INTO AFRICA BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC.

THEY TELL YOU TO LAY FOR YOURSELF RICHES IN HEAVEN BY GIVING TO THE CHURCH WHILE THEY BUY COSTLY MANSIONS IN CHOICE CITIES AROUND THE WORLD.

NOW THE BIG QUESTION: HOW MANY OF THEIR FOLLOWERS CAN AFFORD THE KIND OF LIFE THESE DAYLIGHT ROBBERS LIVE?

1 Like

Re: 419 Oyedepo by EarsWide(m): 7:19pm On Mar 10, 2011
@Dereformer

WHAT BUSINESS HAS A TRUE MAN OF GOD IN ESTABLISHING SCHOOL AND MAKING IT OUT OF THE REACH OF THE POOR?

THESE MEN BENEFITED FROM THE FREE EDUCATION BROUGHT INTO AFRICA BY THE ROMAN CATHOLIC

Excellently described.
Re: 419 Oyedepo by EarsWide(m): 7:21pm On Mar 10, 2011
@Mabell

No explanation for the PRIVATE PLANE ? I am sure God told him to buy it smiley
Re: 419 Oyedepo by EarsWide(m): 12:29am On Mar 11, 2011
Wow, I just discovered Oyedepo's great book 'Understanding Financial Prosperity'.

I better stop my executive MBA program then - this is all I need to get rich (I just need to give him 10% of my income forever).  grin grin grin
Re: 419 Oyedepo by EarsWide(m): 12:39am On Mar 11, 2011
Bishop Charlatan in one of the videos I saw was saying people should not borrow money - and he was going on and on.

Fair enough, but why are his churches in London and New York collecting donations with credit cards ?

If he really believed in the crap he was spewing he would make sure people did not use credit for donations. Abi ?
Re: 419 Oyedepo by aletheia(m): 7:20pm On Mar 11, 2011
EarsWide:

Bishop Charlatan in one of the videos I saw was saying people should not borrow money - and he was going on and on.

Fair enough, but why are his churches in London and New York collecting donations with credit cards ?

If he really believed in the crap he was spewing he would make sure people did not use credit for donations. Abi ?

. . .in one word: hypocrisy on his part.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Women As Vessel Unto Honour / Which Church Is This One Again Lol?? Please Help Me / Is Purgatry Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.