Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,131 members, 7,807,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Challenging The Skeptics - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Challenging The Skeptics (6313 Views)

To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? / A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! / Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 10:43pm On Feb 21, 2012
Appreciate your body & the body of your fellow man. The brain is necessary to interpret the Koran, the Bible or any other sacred book.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 10:45pm On Feb 21, 2012
Pack plenty batteries to make a car drive. Think you can fly & you can, but wait ! Note that there are limits to the thoughts that can be achieved because: Reality is structured.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 10:50pm On Feb 21, 2012
Letters, Actions & Words are like music. Appreciate them, just appreciate them.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 10:52pm On Feb 21, 2012
Be still, don't harm your fellow man. Love Life, in any way , no matter how disgusting. You will see that all is one. Like music.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 10:59pm On Feb 21, 2012
Instead of condemnation choose redemption.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 11:00pm On Feb 21, 2012
Osama was mad. He confused everybody & some people still believe he was a terrorist. No one considered deconverting him from his terrorism.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 01, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Letters, Actions & Words are like music. Appreciate them, just appreciate them.

Action is the immediate evidence of Will, and because it drives Purpose - yes it is to be appreciated (as most ordinarily are not concious of) but it is (similar) nothing like Music and Letters (and words)
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 12:15pm On May 31, 2012
Why is God omniscient ? He established Nature which holds everything you could possibly know.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 12:17pm On May 31, 2012
Why is God omnipresent ? Because he exists through everything He created. Put simply, He simultaenously feels everything in existence.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 12:23pm On May 31, 2012
Why is God omnipotent ? Because existence is His forte. Simply put, one can never put God out of existence.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 5:46pm On Jun 11, 2012
First mistake of a skeptic: Not all things that are thought of are real.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 6:00pm On Jun 11, 2012
Second mistake of a skeptic: We can only know if its real if it physically exists and is therefore empirical.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 6:05pm On Jun 11, 2012
Third mistake of a skeptic: Faith is the belief in things that aren't true or real.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 6:22pm On Jun 11, 2012
How did Nature come about one asks the skeptic and the reply is 'Evolution'. How does Evolution come about ? We find it came from nothing. So the skeptic takes a most interesting stand: Everything came from nothing.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 7:46pm On Jun 17, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt:

Now all that is left is clearing those "Reasonable Doubts" Being Deeply Religious is not the same as being Deeply Spiritual

Your Arguments are pointedly slanted (my way of saying you have a chip on your shoulder) and in some quarters Deceptive-by-design by this i mean

1: You Blanket-Label all Non-Religious, God-doubting and God Dis-believing folks as Atheists. The Belief in God(s) is mostly a Religious trait evolved from either constant associations from Childhood or Profound Experiences later in life that challenge one's spirituality. not the observation of the wondrous nature of the universe or its species and the HOW/WHY questions it presents.

2: You pose Individualistic postures from several "named" Atheists as the Effective Position of all Atheists (and Non-Atheists and Non-Religious folks) even when you know that Christianity is profoundly diverse in its interpretation or understanding of the Bible, the only thing that holds true for Christians is that there is a God,all other condiments of this exotic soup is based on a key ingredient - FAITH which tells us to abandon our Doubts and Disbelief on the basis of NOTHING baring all allusions to Reality and Discounting available FACTS about the issue.

Just my thots

I will be back to reply this. There's something interesting about it and my thoughts on this thread even though people misconstrued me.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 8:05pm On Jun 17, 2013
There are known instances in which a condemned product was repackaged and became appreciated and popular (think USB flash drives) I hope I'll achieve that with this thread.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 6:39pm On Jun 20, 2013
thehomer:

Viruses are intelligent and have the capacity for cognition? Are you simply redefining words or do you mean to use the words intelligence and cognition the way they are generally used?
Please tell me, are prions intelligent with the capacity for cognition? How about crystals like those that made a procedure of stopping the Deep water horizon spill fail are they also intelligent with the capacity for cognition? Wow.
By the way, have you considered that viruses too evolve?

My mistake. Viruses don't have cognition. I was considering the fact that they simulate intelligence by being able to overcome efforts to eradicate them. I surmise viruses evolve - to some extent
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 6:45pm On Jun 20, 2013
There is an undeniable element of faith in doubt.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 2:55am On Nov 18, 2015
UyiIredia:
• A new definition of terms to familiarize science with religion
spirit = capacity for intelligence
soul = induction of intelligence
body = resistance to intelligence

Mr Seth (of The Thinking Atheist podcast) can u explain how some guy that lived over 5 billion years ago knew this. 

Lol. mMS. Madness making sense. I have more of this to .
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 10:20am On Nov 19, 2015
Is it wrong to be atheist ?

One wonders why atheists think it's the God of a particular religion they must believe. An atheist from my parts complained about his girlfriend asking him to believe in God, not the Christian God she worshipped, and he because he saw no sense in it. And it's crazy.

Atheists deny the God of all religions and of irreligious deists. They ask God to do magic tricks when the Bible_and other books I suppose_details how people adhered to their ways despite the wonders God performed, an example being the Pharoah that contended with Moses; chasing a people God killed lots of firstborn kids for requires guts. Atheists need physical proof of God when inventions like planes were once deemed 'scientifically by Lord Kelvin, when their deepest thoughts spring from an unknown, when they always believe in a future that is not yet manifest.

People died in the Paris attacks, possibly atheists, no tomorrow exists for them. Or does it?

They say theists believe in God cause we are scared of death and our existence, but is that so? Were ex-Christian atheists less scared of death and existence while in Christ ? Do they have the courage to face death for their unbelief as believers do ? When Lee Rigby was killed how many passers-by stood by out of fear of death ?

They say religion is the source of all evil, but ignore all the good it has done. Who gave Seun the capital for his business, a fellow atheist abi? By the way, have tools of science not wrecked great havoc? The source of evil is not religion but whether it be any field philosophy, business, science, politics etc I could go on and on and on writing about it but will stop at this.

If you deny God , you deny yourself too, because you have a bit of God's truest essence in you, an inner voice (or Word) and will. In the search for God, ignore contradictions, paradoxies and ironies because no one, not even Jah Jah, is excluded from them. If God is truly omnipotent, then you'll have no choice but to not only see He exists but surrender to His will, both here and in the world hereafter. It's only a question of time.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 10:27am On Nov 19, 2015
If God is a body theists are the front, deists are the back, pantheists are the head and atheists are His butthole. That is why they will pack
shit in hell.

Let us thank God for shit packers. Shit business is serious business.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:30am On Nov 19, 2015
UyiIredia:
If God is a body theists are the front, deists are the back, pantheists are the head and atheists are His butthole. That is why they will pack
shit in hell.

Let us thank God for shit packers. Shit business is serious business.

cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 12:19pm On Nov 19, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

cheesy grin

I just dey start. Small small ni. If atheism is the darkness that comprehendeth not because it knows not the place of science , theism is the light that will shine by faith in that darkness. Jesus won't perform magic tricks like a sky daddy to believed in,

But He answered and said to them, “An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.
Matthew 12:39 NKJV

he is busy fighting in the UNDERGROUND spiritual game. You might have read 'The Last Calk' by Rick Joyner.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 12:35pm On Dec 16, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

cheesy grin

You are welcome here anytime. Dibai thingz.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:56pm On Dec 16, 2015
UyiIredia:
Is it wrong to be atheist ?

One wonders why atheists think it's the God of a particular religion they must believe. An atheist from my parts complained about his girlfriend asking him to believe in God, not the Christian God she worshipped, and he because he saw no sense in it. And it's crazy.

Atheists deny the God of all religions and of irreligious deists. They ask God to do magic tricks when the Bible_and other books I suppose_details how people adhered to their ways despite the wonders God performed, an example being the Pharoah that contended with Moses; chasing a people God killed lots of firstborn kids for requires guts. Atheists need physical proof of God when inventions like planes were once deemed 'scientifically by Lord Kelvin, when their deepest thoughts spring from an unknown, when they always believe in a future that is not yet manifest.

People died in the Paris attacks, possibly atheists, no tomorrow exists for them. Or does it?

They say theists believe in God cause we are scared of death and our existence, but is that so? Were ex-Christian atheists less scared of death and existence while in Christ ? Do they have the courage to face death for their unbelief as believers do ? When Lee Rigby was killed how many passers-by stood by out of fear of death ?

They say religion is the source of all evil, but ignore all the good it has done. Who gave Seun the capital for his business, a fellow atheist abi? By the way, have tools of science not wrecked great havoc? The source of evil is not religion but whether it be any field philosophy, business, science, politics etc I could go on and on and on writing about it but will stop at this.

If you deny God , you deny yourself too, because you have a bit of God's truest essence in you, an inner voice (or Word) and will. In the search for God, ignore contradictions, paradoxies and ironies because no one, not even Jah Jah, is excluded from them. If God is truly omnipotent, then you'll have no choice but to not only see He exists but surrender to His will, both here and in the world hereafter. It's only a question of time.

Atheists dont get it , do they ? How did Christianity spread ? How could the apostles persuade the jews and even the pagan gentiles to join them .

1. The Lifestyle - The godly holy life they lived - a Christ -like life - free of evil and wickedness , fellowship of the brethren , the peace and love the early apostles shared between themselves and everyone .

2. The Miracles -This has to be the most convincing , their sick got healed , their dead were raised , the blind could see , the deaf could hear and their lame could walk

3. The Testimonies - the newly converted Christians' lives got changed , they kept proclaiming God's goodness and these convinced the jews
and gentiles to give this Christianity a try

4. The Gospel - The undiluted word of God with the purpose of convicting a sinner to cry for forgiveness , the power that accompanied the truth that was preached by the apostles and disciples

5. The Holy Spirit - The teacher of all things , the One who can disturb and convince the hardest/toughest of minds after the gospel of truth has been preached , the Holy One who convinces you that the power of God is true and free for all and that God can forgive you of all your sins . The Jews may have fancied the unknown tongues which the apostles spoke in - an outcome of the baptism of the Holy Spirit .

2 Likes

Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 1:06pm On Dec 16, 2015
At this point I must give full details of what happened in 2002 in case of in casity. I was doing a math lesson with my teacher, MR Adeyemi, Suddenly i saw a moving pictures on a chair opposite me. The chair is still in my house now. I shook my head and stood up and looked side to side to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me since I knew from books about schizophrenia and hallucinations.

I saw caricatures of men and women, skyscrapers and symbol of Winners with moving flames. Then the Spirit led me to my bedroom pictured on my Facebook page and showed me the face of John Lennon. Daz all I'll say for now.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 1:09pm On Dec 16, 2015
When you masturbate your chi is active in the physical realm. When you dont wanck your chi is active in the spiritual realm.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by dorox(m): 1:21pm On Dec 16, 2015
UyiIredia:
When you masturbate your chi is active in the physical realm. When you dont wanck your chi is active in the spiritual realm.
Hello my friend, don't take this the wrong way but I just have to ask if you are alright.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by sonmvayina(m): 1:25pm On Dec 16, 2015
dorox:

Hello my friend, don't take this the wrong way but I just have to ask if you are alright.

dorox.....that is a fact...
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 10:07pm On Dec 17, 2015
If I'm kidnapped I'll help the kidnappers. If they kill me I will let life BATA BATA dem around ! Till they grow brain. When they die they will meet my spirit at the excluded middle where they would survive without food, water, cloth, sex or tech. If I still detect a whiff of jealousy, lie, hate and pride then they will remain in that excluded middle.
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by UyiIredia(m): 2:12pm On Dec 22, 2015
harakiri:
@unphilaz. . . First of all, i have studied UYI IREDIA'S posts way back (without posting most of the time) and at the time, he had an unbiased neutral stance. This thread targets Non religious people/Atheists and i am one. I have no issues with religious people (coz i used to be religious years ago) but where a problem comes is when religious people attempt to impose their opinions on me. Most Atheists today are people who used to be deeply religious and in their quest for indepth understanding of what they worshipped, all they saw was shallowness,deciet,lies and centuries of mass mind manipulation. I used to be an ardent christian and fellowship leader. . . I dare anyone who claims to be a christian to show concrete proof that the christian god exists WITHOUT sentiments,beating about the bush,referring to a so called "holy bible" that was endorsed by a pagan king (king james) and keep out the mantra they are brainwashed with on a sunday to sunday basis. Show proof that of a REAL encounter with him/her/them/it. All you people know is what you have been brainwashed with from childhood. I opened a thread on two forums concerning this over a year ago and till today, NO ONE has been able to give a straight forward answer except insults,sentiments and derailing remarks. You all talk as if you know this god personally with little or zero knowledge of the origin of christianity (go to goggle and type "DOES THE CHRISTIAN GOD REALLY EXIST?"wink. Its an old thread i opened on nairaland and a rival forum. If the white enslavers hadn't brought christianity, who would be talking? The first black man to translate the bible was a SLAVE! So much for the "godly" religion. You all can believe what you choose to but if you think you can talk crap about non believers, then i'll take the pains in showing you are nothing but brainwashed-deluded-enslaved-lemming-zombies! The difference between Atheists and believers is our DISBELIEF in religion. We have nothing to prove to you but can you explain how a virgin mary got pregnant? RETARDS! !

See how my foolishness made harakiri confess he was studying me. Pikin !
Re: Challenging The Skeptics by nynbrada: 10:25pm On Dec 22, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Atheists dont get it , do they ? How did Christianity spread ? How could the apostles persuade the jews and even the pagan gentiles to join them .

1. The Lifestyle - The godly holy life they lived - a Christ -like life - free of evil and wickedness , fellowship of the brethren , the peace and love the early apostles shared between themselves and everyone .

2. The Miracles -This has to be the most convincing , their sick got healed , their dead were raised , the blind could see , the deaf could hear and their lame could walk

3. The Testimonies - the newly converted Christians' lives got changed , they kept proclaiming God's goodness and these convinced the jews
and gentiles to give this Christianity a try

4. The Gospel - The undiluted word of God with the purpose of convicting a sinner to cry for forgiveness , the power that accompanied the truth that was preached by the apostles and disciples

5. The Holy Spirit - The teacher of all things , the One who can disturb and convince the hardest/toughest of minds after the gospel of truth has preached , the Holy One who convinces you that the power of God is true and free for all and that God can forgive you of all your sins . The Jews may have fancied the unknown tongues which the apostles spoke in - an outcome of the baptism of the Holy Spirit .

You too much bruh..........very inspiring peice.

God bless.

Atheists are fighting a lost battle.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anglican Church Honours Humanitarian Orby Agwuncha With Appreciation Award / What Is Wrong With The Doctrines Of White Garment Churches? / 7 Furious Prayer For The Month Of June. Pray Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.