Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years (5322 Views)

Akoko Edo Where You Can Have Stable Power Supply / Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari / I Can Provide Stable Power In Eight Months - Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by ziccoit: 11:42pm On Mar 10, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Stop telling yourselves stories already . . ,  Stop lying to yourselves.

Deregulation is not a QUICK fix to everything. Stop preaching it as if it is. Even if you deregulate this year, you are likely not going to see noticeable changes for 6 or more years.

Yes Deregulation was put on the table, and yes, it all sounds so good in theory, but the same Obasanjo lost billions on of our money working on this. Why now pretend it was all going so well when it was not.

Thank you jare. To buttress your point, KEROSINE has been fully deregulated for over 6 years now before obj left. What do we have today? Scarcity, price hike and what have you. So not all products are deregulatable, especially in Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by ziccoit: 11:47pm On Mar 10, 2011
Awhotu:

how did u know dat your Buarriii or Ribbadddo will give u constant power. do u know their mind. was Gej d president of your country 2001.

PDP was, GEJ would achieve nothing under that stinking umbrella
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by chriswely: 11:54pm On Mar 10, 2011
, what do u mean by allow GEJ n c, as long as he is under PDP nuttin gud can be done because he ll be receivin orders from tha same old pieces of shit we know, he wont fight corruption which is one of tha major problem wit 9ja because its his own ppl dt r corrupt, he ll onli use EFCC n oda enforcement agencies to tackle oppositions e.g luk how he hv bin tryin to drag Ibori bk to 9ja. Dt umbrella is of no gud to dis country. If anoda party is able to tk power n dey go ahead n fight oppositions n tha nxt regime a different party wins tha election n probes oppositions, 9ja 'll be a beta place for tha masses,
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by ladej(m): 12:54am On Mar 11, 2011
dayokanu:

GEJ has been there for a while and he is seen romancing with the same people that stole all everything. He is simply same of the same.

I would rather take my chances with someone else than stick to the cycle of failure called GEJ
word bro. same old same old
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by ladej(m): 12:55am On Mar 11, 2011
chriswely:

, what do u mean by allow GEJ n c, as long as he is under PDP nuttin gud can be done because he ll be receivin orders from tha same old pieces of poo we know, he wont fight corruption which is one of tha major problem wit 9ja because its his own ppl dt r corrupt, he ll onli use EFCC n oda enforcement agencies to tackle oppositions e.g luk how he hv bin tryin to drag Ibori bk to 9ja. Dt umbrella is of no gud to dis country. If anoda party is able to tk power n dey go ahead n fight oppositions n tha nxt regime a different party wins tha election n probes oppositions, 9ja 'll be a beta place for tha masses,
u mean, ahem UMBLERA?
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by ladej(m): 12:58am On Mar 11, 2011
ziccoit:

Thank you jare. To buttress your point, KEROSINE has been fully deregulated for over 6 years now before obj left. What do we have today? Scarcity, price hike and what have you. So not all products are deregulatable, especially in Nigeria.
its not deregulation, its GOOD GOVERNANCE WE NEED
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by Kobojunkie: 1:04am On Mar 11, 2011
ziccoit:

I am not anti-deregulation. I believe the argument for it makes sense BUT we have a corrupt government that continues to short-change us in the name of deregulation -- that I believe is part and parcel of the issue we need to tackle if deregulation is to work for us. I believe the major reason deregulation of Telecommunication worked to the extent that it did was because our government, and corrupt politrickians out there were not heavily dependent on that problem for much of their pocket lining.
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by ladej(m): 1:09am On Mar 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I am not anti-deregulation. I believe the argument for it makes sense BUT we have a corrupt government that continues to short-change us in the name of deregulation -- that I believe is part and parcel of the issue we need to tackle if deregulation is to work for us. I believe the major reason deregulation of Telecommunication worked to the extent that it did was because our government, and corrupt politrickians out there were not heavily dependent on that problem for much of their pocket lining.
thank you. made a lot of sense
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by CrazyMan(m): 1:18am On Mar 11, 2011
@Topic.

Action they say speaks louder than voice.

If Jonathan wants to give us power, must he publish it in the papers? Doesn’t he know that by doing such shows clearly that he has nothing to offer; that he’s just after his political interest (the presidential seat). Power is something a good government tackles secretly and allows people commend them for a job well done; not going to the media and giving journalists unnecessary and irrelevant stories to write and publish.
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by 9ijaMan: 3:57am On Mar 11, 2011
CrazyMan:

@Topic.

Action they say speaks louder than voice.

If Jonathan wants to give us power, must he publish it in the papers? Doesn’t he know that by doing such shows clearly that he has nothing to offer; that he’s just after his political interest (the presidential seat). Power is something a good government tackles secretly and allows people commend them for a job well done; not going to the media and giving journalists unnecessary and irrelevant stories to write and publish.

Don't mind the inept and clueless man jare. All we've been hearing ffor more than a year now is "I will do this and I will do that" with noting to show for it.
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by awesomebenji(m): 4:48am On Mar 11, 2011
[color=#006600][/color]Power wil b stable in 4 years tym? Haba, dats 2 long men.
Can't FG privatise power sector 4 d betterment of d populace? Why can't Nigerian billionaires invest in power sector?
Imagine, a Nigerian is d richiest/wealthiest man in Afriqa! A nation in darkness.
I pray God 2 choose a leader 4 nija in April. Amen.
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by efisher(m): 6:51am On Mar 11, 2011
Benji, you are right. We have people who can invest in the power sector like Dangote and Adenuga. We have the natural resources, the capital, the brains and we already have many master plans! We have ALL we need. We can achieve power availability in a short time if we are serious.
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by Dungren1(m): 9:24am On Mar 11, 2011
The wealthy ones would not invest in power because they benefit from the importation of fuel and Nigerians spend BILLIONS monthly fueling their generators. Constant power supply equals no generators which results into reduction in in imported fuel. This would mean bad business for them and that is why they are solidly behind GEJ.

PDP members have benefited the most from this arrangement and such money is being used to support GEJ today. It has been business as usual for GEJ/PDP and it would continue to be. The choice is yours.

BB 2011 all the way.
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by koyuid(m): 10:23am On Mar 11, 2011
Is it that most of the GEJ/PDP supporters are too young or too dumb to understand the issues at stake?
what is the big deal about power that we need donkey years to solve?
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by Hoodrat(m): 11:03am On Mar 11, 2011
I can see something is really wrong with nigerian leaders and is clear and easy to tell they are birds of a feather and all they wanna talk about is something they can not do to. Imargine how they do us ever seen democratic came up?
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by sley4life(m): 11:21am On Mar 11, 2011
Solomon227:

A journey of a 1000 miles begins with one step they say. GEJ has been in power since 1999 and we can hardly point to any outstanding achievement(s) we can tag to his name.

If he could not perform/convince in 12 years na magic him wan use in 4 years to impress?

[size=20pt]Abeg Vote BB 2011[/size] for the future of our children
Kixx my axxxx. Keep showing ur myopic reasoning. How many yrs has he been the president. 12yrs indeed. Maybe u want 2 add when he was a deputy in Bayelsa. U must b dru.nk
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by Abayomin70(m): 11:44am On Mar 11, 2011
why sayin wat u cant even offer GOD will judge everyone accordin to his hand work
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by sley4life(m): 11:46am On Mar 11, 2011
GEJ shud speak less now.
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by honeric01(m): 11:57am On Mar 11, 2011
sley4life:

Kixx my axxxx. Keep showing your myopic reasoning. How many yrs has he been the president. 12yrs indeed. Maybe u want 2 add when he was a deputy in Bayelsa. U must b dru.nk

Maybe you need help in knowing why he's counted among the 12yrs of PDP, he's from PDP, the "ideas" of pdp is what he's expected to carry out, he cannot do anything different from his masters who are known to be newspaper performance, nothing on ground, yet they claim they have created heavens and earth.

Let me tell you, PDP cannot fix Nigeria as long as those who manage that party are still alive. most of them are in charge of generator importation, cement and all that. they won't change anything.
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by ndigbo: 1:44pm On Mar 11, 2011
it's a shame that at this time and age we are still being promised Good road, Electricity, medical care just to list but a few! Fellow Nigerians please let stop these liars with our vote!

JEGA! Amongst all those rooting for the president's seat at Aso rock, the worst! Why ? Somebody might be tempted to ask. The answer remains that he has been tested and proven incompetent for the job of a President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria !

The most infuriating is that most JEGA's supporters are giving their support solely because he (GEJ) is a Christian and from Southsouth, following this trend Nigeria will never get to where it is destined to be ! Please my brothers and sister let's stop seeing ourselves as HAUAS,IGBO and YORUBA! We should see yourselves as Nigerians and fight our collective emenies the politicians who are playing mind games with us! Untill this is done! I remain sorry for we the youth and the yet unborn children of this great nation.
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by 1025: 3:11pm On Mar 11, 2011
state of emeregency in nigeria cld be the same meaning as forever and ever.
this same old story.
in his first tenure, obj promised to give us light in his first six months. he cld not until 2003 when he used the same promise of steady power supply. yar adua was too sick to talk electricity.
prof. eng. dr. bar. chief, captain ojukwu azikiwe awolowo ebele babangida obasanjo goodluck/badluck alamesiya jonathan was quick to declare emergency in our power sector and many unsuspecting/innocent nigerians fall for that.
even in the next 40 years, these occultic cabal can never give nigeria light, NEVER.
i was listening to jonathan's interview on cnn and he gave population as the excuse for our under-development so how do u expect development under such man? unless they continue with these jos rioting and bombing to reduce the population.
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by chriswely: 3:15pm On Mar 11, 2011
If u open bomb factory in 9ja in tha nxt 4 yrs u ll be nxt to Dangote on forbes list,
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by Ashiwaju(m): 3:37pm On Mar 11, 2011
Am sure the birds wont even listen, neither would the dead listen to a cup of continuous promises for 12 years! South Africa rose from 40,000mg of electricity to 120,000mg in 6months! Our "Dear Sir Luck & the parry deceiving people" made millions of promises amongst which the 7point agenda was!!!

What a man or a parry cannAt do in 12yrs, what a man cannot do as deputy gov, gov, vice president & president (interim), even if same man becomes president for next 4yrs or 100yrs he wont do, !!!
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by klear(f): 4:01pm On Mar 11, 2011
Who is fooling who? angry The only pple dat will actually blieve such a stupid promise is his die hard fans. If he is running out of empty promises & lies, he should simply keep quiet
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 11, 2011
redman 44 said:

I don't know what to say again. I'm just ashamed of Nigerian leaders. Why is it so hard to tackle Electricity head on within a year? It is not as if we don't have the money to change things in Nigeria. If we don't have the expertise to make electricity available to Nigerians, why don't we call for foreign companies to come and open shop in the country and generate electricity? GEJ is not the messiah and his tenure will not bring any real development to Nigeria. From his utterances, it is clear that Goodluck Jonathan can not take us to the promised land. Without 100% Power Supply, Nigeria cannot become an industrialized nation. This is what our leaders need to realize. They need to start thinking of the masses and not about their pockets. God help Nigeria. Hmn.

You've displayed shameless ignorance in your post.

This is why I say that there should be a requirement that people must read the papers and the news before logging on to politics section of NL.

Here is the true situiation and where the govt stands on power supply:

http://allafrica.com/stories/201103040435.html
http://allafrica.com/stories/201103090194.html
http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/30067.html

EDUCATE YOURSELVES OR SHUT UP AND STOP DISTURBING US.
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by 9ijaMan: 5:33pm On Mar 11, 2011
ROSSIKE:

redman 44 said:

You've displayed shameless ignorance in your post.

This is why I say that there should be a requirement that people must read the papers and the news before logging on to politics section of NL.

Here is the true situiation and where the govt stands on power supply:

http://allafrica.com/stories/201103040435.html
http://allafrica.com/stories/201103090194.html
http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/30067.html

EDUCATE YOURSELVES OR SHUT UP AND STOP DISTURBING US.

Mr educator what is the cache? Apparently we can see that the Americans are rolling electric cables across the length and breadth of Nigeria and light is now available in every village!
Go sidon and stop deluding yourself.
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by Kobojunkie: 5:38pm On Mar 11, 2011
Dungren*:

The wealthy ones would not invest in power because they benefit from the importation of fuel and Nigerians spend BILLIONS monthly fueling their generators. Constant power supply equals no generators which results into reduction in in imported fuel. This would mean bad business for them and that is why they are solidly behind GEJ.

PDP members have benefited the most from this arrangement and such money is being used to support GEJ today. It has been business as usual for GEJ/PDP and it would continue to be. The choice is yours.

BB 2011 all the way.

That seems the case.
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by Nobody: 7:15pm On Mar 11, 2011
9ijaman said:

Mr educator what is the cache? Apparently we can see that the Americans are rolling electric cables across the length and breadth of Nigeria and light is now available in every village!
Go sidon and stop deluding yourself.

Fine. ok nothing is happening. Jonathan is just sitting in the office nyashing ashis morning till night and counting money. HAPPY? Mssshewwwww. Yeye dey smell. kiss kiss
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by AljUche: 7:17pm On Mar 11, 2011
ndigbo:

it's a shame that at this time and age we are still being promised Good road, Electricity, medical care just to list but a few! Fellow Nigerians please let stop these liars with our vote!

JEGA! Amongst all those rooting for the president's seat at Aso rock, the worst! Why ? Somebody might be tempted to ask. The answer remains that he has been tested and proven incompetent for the job of a President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria !

The most infuriating is that most JEGA's supporters are giving their support solely because he (GEJ) is a Christian and from Southsouth, following this trend Nigeria will never get to where it is destined to be ! Please my brothers and sister let's stop seeing ourselves as HAUAS,IGBO and YORUBA! We should see yourselves as Nigerians and fight our collective emenies the politicians who are playing mind games with us! Untill this is done! I remain sorry for we the youth and the yet unborn children of this great nation.

well said
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by meine: 8:03pm On Mar 11, 2011
Story , Story , Storrryyyyyyyy===Once upon a time, time , time grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by VolvoS60(m): 11:08pm On Mar 11, 2011
Rossike,

Perhaps you and the poster you described as displaying “shameful ignorance” have some old scores to settle. But if you do not, then i can only describe your post as a provocation.

The fellow whom you advised to “educate yourself or shut up and stop disturbing us” simply voiced the frustration and disappointment of over 100 million souls in this country. He asked a question that resonates across the length and breadth of this country. “Why don’t we have electricity?”

It is a simple question, sir. And we do not want tortuous, complex explanations and excuses for answers. It is in bad taste for you to criminalize someone for demanding a simple answer to a legitimate question (a question you must have asked too at some point if you are honest with yourself and have lived in nigeria). The poster’s only crime (if you can call it that) is that he was not more virulent in his criticism of the GEJ administration and the PDP. But we are getting there slowly. The transition (of the majority) from muted dissent to violent rhetoric is almost complete. The next stage is (violent) mass action. Only time will tell whether we will get to this point.

I ran through the links you provided, did a few checks and was unable to come up with much information on ‘the Kaleidoscope International Business Forum” mentioned in one of the links. Maybe you could provide more info on this. But more to the point, the investment events, investment fora, road shows (and all the other junkets that federal agents burn your cash and mine on) do not guarantee anything. Several of these events have taken place over the last 5 years and the only visible outcome so far has been statements of intent & expressions of interest by the “world class” foreign investors we keep hearing so much about. When contracts have been signed, sealed and delivered (with harsh penalties for any counterparty which decides to renege) then perhaps your government will be taken seriously in its so-called quest for privatization of the PHCN. (And you know that PHCN’s privatization cannot proceed without a resolution of landmines such as the MYTO issue & emoluments/severance pay of power sector employees).

There’s really no need to belabour this matter. I have to log off soon since there have been two power cuts in the last 10 minutes. cheesy But I ask you – if the federal government has not been able to privatize the old NITEL successfully, why should anyone believe it will do a better job with PHCN?

Your statement about the “true situation and where the government stands” lacks merit. If truth be told, the fed government doesn’t have a leg to stand on.
Re: Jonathan Promises Stable Power Supply In Four (4) Years by osifred(m): 3:25pm On Mar 13, 2011
GEJ last year promised to fix the problem this year bt wht do u see now another promise to fix the power sector in 4yrs

i fear for Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Subsidy Scam: Jonathan Shuns Indicted Oil Marketers / Reno Omokri Has Been Sacked / Some Senators Are Planning To Impeach Buhari – Sen. Kwankwaso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.