Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,622 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

This White Lady Speaks Yoruba Better Than Most Nigerians: Omg - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / This White Lady Speaks Yoruba Better Than Most Nigerians: Omg (3442 Views)

Cross Cultural Marriage:interesting Tweets From White Lady Married To A Nigerian / 10 Things Most Nigerians Do Not Know About Slavery / Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This White Lady Speaks Yoruba Better Than Most Nigerians: Omg by annekix(m): 12:39am On Mar 10, 2011
Its kinda heart warming to see this, its very impressive she learnt "conc" yoruba, lol
although the american accent is there she still sounds awsome!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/harshie111#p/u/0/-hTZ_mS7TsI
Re: This White Lady Speaks Yoruba Better Than Most Nigerians: Omg by mamagee3(f): 2:33am On Mar 10, 2011
That's her for you! grin grin
Re: This White Lady Speaks Yoruba Better Than Most Nigerians: Omg by annekix(m): 4:05am On Mar 10, 2011
Re: This White Lady Speaks Yoruba Better Than Most Nigerians: Omg by vivaladiva(f): 5:30am On Mar 10, 2011
yeah and i speak good english where is my trophy---seriously this lady decided to study the yoruba language, just the same way i decided to study economics----y alll the drama-----one oyibo speeaks yoruba and sudenly nigerians can speak yoruba any nore-----because she can speak yoruba u feel so chauffed u def wet ur self-------------plssssssssssssssssss----so if u hear a chineese speaking calabar language or watever they speak there----ur def going to have an orgasm-----plsssssssssssssss
Re: This White Lady Speaks Yoruba Better Than Most Nigerians: Omg by annekix(m): 11:36am On Mar 10, 2011
@ vivaladiva, hmmmm, some ones in a bad mood today, lol

" u feel so chauffed u def wet your self-", wtf

but seriously did a white babe steal your boy friend or something?, why all the hating?, i find it amusing actually especially with all the " plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss's u added in your post, as if one "s" wasnt enuff.

I personally would definitely appreciate if some one took the pains to learn my language " igbo" especially a person from another race, if you watch her other videos she's obviously in love with nigeria, the language the rich yoruba culture and i think its a beautiful thing,

to you its no big deal, but apparently to her it is, especially with all the negativity the Nigerian image has received of recent, if a few more foriegners were as brave as she was to see the beauty of Nigerian culture and even to the extent of learning the language the negative image would be erased of thier minds,

you obviously are myopic in seeing the big picture in this, it could surely help tourism and the Nigerian economy if more people were like her, even her university "NWU" funded a building of a study centre for them in the university of ibadan where she's studying at present.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLzWfxBRa8Q&feature=player_embedded#at=12

So Plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss your just being a joy-kill and you seriously need to lighten up and stop beefing, if its paining you that much go and learn another language like italian
"Lei ha sentito la signora?" , lol
Re: This White Lady Speaks Yoruba Better Than Most Nigerians: Omg by annekix(m): 11:50am On Mar 10, 2011
if by any chance any one may misunderstand the Post i put up "This White Lady Speaks Yoruba Better Than Most Nigerians: Omg"

its because she apparently speaks proper yoruba, im in the UK and all my yoruba friends where stunned while we watched this in UNi and actually started clapping for the chick admitting they didnt know what a "window" was in yoruba language, Look, she merely says the Yoruba spoken these days is diluted by english, pidgin english and slang which we all know is true especially in the city, thus the reason for my post.

I jus wonder y d truth dey pain some people, vivaladiva wink
Re: This White Lady Speaks Yoruba Better Than Most Nigerians: Omg by vivaladiva(f): 4:40pm On Mar 10, 2011
this white lady speaks yoruba better than most nigerians, is like saying a nigerian guy with a phd in english speaks better english than most english people omg

some one went tru the pains to learn ur language---wld u show that much appreciation if the woman was from botswana plsssssssssssssss----like i said she choose to stufy yoruba it really isnt an effing big deal-----if u choose to study english tooo---it really wouldnt be a big deal n i will be damned if any oyibo person is so tripped as to open a thread about ur achievements
if oyibo wear agbada una go clap for am----
if oyibo eat ogbono and poundo, una go send am award-----plsssssssssssssssssss

there r many impressive things that the white folks have done---learning yoruba certainly isnt one of them----
am not sure u and ur so called yoruba friends at uni have a clue about anything---or else if u saw a surgeon hard at work operating on ur dim brain---u wld prob burst into tears---from all indications i think ur in ur first year or prob in a foundation year, pisssss of u effing pleb
Re: This White Lady Speaks Yoruba Better Than Most Nigerians: Omg by vivaladiva(f): 4:49pm On Mar 10, 2011
you and ur yoruba friends were stunned, just the same way ur fore fathers were stunned the first time dey saw a mirror and just b4 they handed over one of ur forefathers to the white man in exchange for that particular mirror

if u hadnt lost the left hemisphere of ur brain---u wont be getting stunned and OMGING all over the place, because one oyibo woman dey speak yoruba.

http://www.voanews.com/english/news/africa/west/Olympic-History-in-the-Making-Ghanas-One-Man-Ski-Team--83647227.html
now that right there is worth being stunned and shouting OMG like a retttttttttard, i hope ur yoruba friends are as impressed---oh i forgot u prob think nigerians are far superior to ghanians
Re: This White Lady Speaks Yoruba Better Than Most Nigerians: Omg by annekix(m): 5:06am On Mar 12, 2011
Wonderful, im arguing with a Ghanian with a complex,  why u dey throw words enter my mouth now?

your filled with such negativity and whats up with all the name calling??, u see me for dream,

My dim brain"?? ,  my fore fathers, the hemisphere of my brain, Rettard?, lol all this for only me?

Look, there are much better ways to make your point without all the name calling and hostility or maybe you just lack the ability  to logically construct arguments without spewing hateful comments, maybe its your personality, maybe your a racist or maybe your racist[b] and[/b] forgot to take your medication.
what ever your problem is, i really i dont have time to argue back and forth with u seem hell bent to start a thread fight, so please reserve your hostile comments to yourself,

also from all what indications did u see to make you belive that  im in my 1st year in uni, ?, lol

This is coming from the same person who made this "Genius" comment:

so if u hear a chineese speaking calabar language or watever they speak there----your def going to[b] have an heavenly feeling-[/b]----plsssssssssssssss
really insightful, well thought and deeply constructed point you made there, please keep it up, wink

Im actually rounding up my Masters degree programme here in the uk juggling that with a proper job hun, so you and your wild assumptions need to take a chill pill,

Im a guy with a positive outlook on life, highly optimistic and always see's the bright side of things, i find all this drama amusing and have still have nothing against you, your opinions are your opinions and you have a right to express them however way u see fit, but calling me such names for no reason is one step too far,  abi did i abuse you, ? lol , ebi like that "Plsssssssssssssss" thing way i talk for my previous comment pepper you small, hee hee,

i am a lover and not a fighter ,  Therefore, i wave a white flag of truce,  cool

Any way on a more serious note:
so erm, are you like in a committed relationship or something?, seriously, we should have dinner someday and argue more about onyibo people speaking chinese and making Amala and call me more names, like play like play this thing fit lead to romance.

grin
Re: This White Lady Speaks Yoruba Better Than Most Nigerians: Omg by Arnold1(m): 2:32am On Mar 13, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: This White Lady Speaks Yoruba Better Than Most Nigerians: Omg by NubianQ(f): 12:02pm On Mar 13, 2011
vivaladiva:

you and your yoruba friends were stunned, just the same way your fore fathers were stunned the first time dey saw a mirror and just b4 they handed over one of your forefathers to the white man in exchange for that particular mirror

if u hadnt lost the left hemisphere of your brain---u wont be getting stunned and OMGING all over the place, because one oyibo woman dey speak yoruba.

http://www.voanews.com/english/news/africa/west/Olympic-History-in-the-Making-Ghanas-One-Man-Ski-Team--83647227.html
now that right there is worth being stunned and shouting OMG like a retttttttttard, i hope your yoruba friends are as impressed---oh i forgot u prob think nigerians are far superior to ghanians

hahahahahaha,
Re: This White Lady Speaks Yoruba Better Than Most Nigerians: Omg by vivaladiva(f): 3:19am On Mar 15, 2011
annekix, my own is did u do omg ----- when u read that link
me i am born of nigerian parents, so i am not doing partial with ghana, i hope u understand my nigerian english

anyway maybe i no suppose call u retard like that, which in all honesty, i didnt, i said like

anyway, me am a very negative person, i know that, its actually my hobby in all fairness to me

thats by the way, my original bad belle still stands, there is nothing to omg and shout yahoooooooo o o o liken ( wat is that guy's name that sang yahoozee, pls remind me in ur next reply) about , because of that oyibo wey speak yoruba, i repeat just as u dey do masters na so she sef study yoruba no be BIG DEAL

anyway i no blame u, like the nursery rhyme goes,

hey diddle diddle
the cat and the fiddle
the cow jumped over the moon
the little dog laughed
to see such fun
and the dish ran away with the spoon

when u saw that oyibo speaking yoruba, u were either as excited as the dog in that rhyme or u were as over whelmed as the spoon allowing the dish to run away with her ( am guessing it's a she---the spoon i mean)

i tot i sud write the full rhyme just in case u dont know it. if ur masters brain doesnt understand it, because of brain exhausion from all that omging u were doing when u saw that blah blah blah, u know the story, then find some one who isnt as giddy and light brained as u to explain it to u

and pls dont u evr try to patronise me, or try to be funny with me, if i want romance, i will go to the romance section sikkena
Re: This White Lady Speaks Yoruba Better Than Most Nigerians: Omg by annekix(m): 2:42pm On Mar 15, 2011
yes i did go Omg when i Watched the videolink   ( you cant read a video Einstein)

No i dont understand "Nigerian English", the last time i checked it was just English, which is the language i understand,
you accused me of beign in my foundation year earlier and i cleared that up and told you my actual level of study, yet your still having a go at me??, Did i say masters was anything special?, as if i dont already know there's no big deal in getting one, 

any ways,, at least im happy u've accepted your negative attitude ,  people have normal hobbies like  playing chess,riding a bike, watching football but you choose to be negative as a sport, and call it a hobby?,  wonderful, u truly need Jesus in your life., lol

well,for this reason i can only ask you to kindly refrain from going to the romance section plsssssssssssssssss
before you spread your negativity there in your quest for romance " you dey find guy who you go send go the psychiatric ward with all this your verbal assassination attempts abi?" God forbid, ! grin

you can try goin to the Religious section
Like R kelly sang " heaven i need a hug",  it looks like you need a hug to free you from all that negativity.
Though art in need of Jesus,  he will set u free!

or 

if your scared of bursting in to flames by spontaneous combustion like a vampire in the sun by visiting the religous section.

you could try the Health section

Where You could read some threads on various psychological disorders and place where you fit in, and get the much needed therapy you should be getting and if your lucky enough you could get some free medication prescriptions, yaaaay!

Unfortunately there's no childrens section, eya too bad.

also whats this crap about

is nothing to omg and shout yahoooooooo o o o liken ( wat is that guy's name that sang yahoozee, pls remind me in your next reply) about , because of that oyibo wey speak yoruba
a dry dust of hammertan blew over me as i read this your statement,

look its not by force to be funny.leave that to the likes of Basket mout[/b]h .Just because you "literally" "live up to his name" doesnt mean you can be funny like he is, [b]Chainsaw mouth would be a name that would fit you better cuz your mouth seems like it was manufactured to inflict wounds on people,  lipsrsealed

Finally about your  nursery rhyme, are you for real ?you put up a nursery rhyme for me, aaawww how cute is that?

ill leave you with this nursery rhyme

[center]A wise old owl lived in an oak
The more he saw the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard.
Why can't we all be like that wise old bird?
[/center]

By the way, who says im patronizing you, i was toasting you, .ahh ahh somebody cannot toast you again?, i strongly believe you should consider me on a serious note we would make a good team,  wink
Re: This White Lady Speaks Yoruba Better Than Most Nigerians: Omg by MLSwiss: 3:10pm On Mar 15, 2011
OMG ! Hypocrites and haters on this thread ! I don't speak Yoruba nor pidgin and it amazes me to see other people especially Europeans who speak it well or perfectly. It puts me to shame. I love how she took time to learn it.
Re: This White Lady Speaks Yoruba Better Than Most Nigerians: Omg by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 16, 2013
Wow so much hate lol cool

(1) (Reply)

Ikwerre People We Need To Talk / See How Brazil Uses Yoruba Culture To Sell Tourism / The Great War Of The 15th Century

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.