Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,907 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Shocking! Dangote Is The Richest African: Latest Forbes List 2011 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shocking! Dangote Is The Richest African: Latest Forbes List 2011 (15448 Views)

Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! / Dangote Is World's 43rd Richest Man - Forbes / Who Is Currently The Richest Man In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Shocking! Dangote Is The Richest African: Latest Forbes List 2011 by billante(m): 1:16am On Mar 10, 2011
The latest forbes list of richest men in the world just released today shows that dangote is the richest african, black man, jumping from 200+ position last year to 51 position in the latest list, surpassing a whole lot of bunch like abramovich richard branson, oprah, just name it! followed closely by mark zuckerberg of facebook.

And he is still scratching the surface, cause his massive investments are just coming up, like the cement factories he is building all over africa even in europe, believe me before he reaches 60yrs he should be in top ten.

check out the link:

http://www.forbes.com/wealth/billionaires#p_6_s_arank_-1__-1
Re: Shocking! Dangote Is The Richest African: Latest Forbes List 2011 by AfricaMars: 1:45am On Mar 10, 2011
Just came across thesame news on Twitter. For the fact that Africa has a population of about a Billion people and many countries are growing their economy at around 4 to 6% annually, Dangote is just getting started. African will soon have a boom like the ones in China and India in the past decade. When that happens in 10 to 15 years to come, Dangote would definitely be in the top 10 or even top 5
Re: Shocking! Dangote Is The Richest African: Latest Forbes List 2011 by fstranger3(m): 1:51am On Mar 10, 2011
No Ibo man on that list

Only Hausa and Yoruba people. Soonest[b] they[/b]'d be touting their business acumen. WTF
Re: Shocking! Dangote Is The Richest African: Latest Forbes List 2011 by ekubear1: 2:00am On Mar 10, 2011
I don't understand how people don't read and see if someone posted the same article before posting. smh
Re: Shocking! Dangote Is The Richest African: Latest Forbes List 2011 by mamagee3(f): 2:05am On Mar 10, 2011
There's no doubt he gets richer yearly. . .

But the issue is, has he used his immense wealth for a goodwill and purpose?
Re: Shocking! Dangote Is The Richest African: Latest Forbes List 2011 by Nobody: 6:14am On Mar 10, 2011
I always have this dream from my childhood,seeing myself on Forbes list smiley
Re: Shocking! Dangote Is The Richest African: Latest Forbes List 2011 by Tunsbobo(m): 7:10am On Mar 10, 2011
i wil
Re: Shocking! Dangote Is The Richest African: Latest Forbes List 2011 by Tunsbobo(m): 7:11am On Mar 10, 2011
i will get there someday, thats sure!
Re: Shocking! Dangote Is The Richest African: Latest Forbes List 2011 by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 11:00am On Mar 10, 2011
PLS CHECK WELL,
DANGOTE IS NOT JUST THE RICHEST AFRICAN
BUT THE RICHEST BLACK MAN.

THANK YOU.
Re: Shocking! Dangote Is The Richest African: Latest Forbes List 2011 by Abagworo(m): 11:10am On Mar 10, 2011
OMG! He is the 51st richest man on earth.

This goes our to all those who call Fulani people derogatory names.

As for those expecting Igbos on that list,they should keep dreaming.We do not accumulate all the money to ourselves.We spread the excesses to people around us and everyone is relatively rich.I feel happy having people around me as millionaires like myself than accumulating billions and leaving my peers poor.
Re: Shocking! Dangote Is The Richest African: Latest Forbes List 2011 by fstranger3(m): 11:16am On Mar 10, 2011
Abagworo:

As for those expecting Igbos on that list,they should keep dreaming.We do not accumulate all the money to ourselves.We spread the excesses to people around us and everyone is relatively rich.I feel happy having people around me as millionaires like myself than accumulating billions and leaving my peers poor.

Yeah right

Delusion is bliss grin
Re: Shocking! Dangote Is The Richest African: Latest Forbes List 2011 by honeric01(m): 11:20am On Mar 10, 2011
All i want is comfort, i prefer to help others stand rather than accumulate all the wealth in the country

He keeps monopolizing virtually everything in the manufacturing industry in Nigeria through his influence in government.

All in all, i'm happy for him, but i prefer to have 50 million Millionaires in Nigeria than few billionaires in Nigeria.
Re: Shocking! Dangote Is The Richest African: Latest Forbes List 2011 by samcc30(m): 11:33am On Mar 10, 2011
kaih this man r just making us to bcom reachest man in africa

Dangote CEMENT = N 1,900 Naira EQUIVALENT TO LIBYA (15 Dinar)
LIBYA CEMENT= 4 Dinar EQUIVALENT TO NIGERIA (501 Naira)

truly richman
Re: Shocking! Dangote Is The Richest African: Latest Forbes List 2011 by Gbawe: 11:37am On Mar 10, 2011
Abagworo:

As for those expecting Igbos on that list,they should keep dreaming.We do not accumulate all the money to ourselves.[/b]We spread the excesses to people around us and everyone is relatively rich.I feel happy having people around me as millionaires like myself than accumulating billions and leaving my peers poor.

I don't think Dangote and Adenuga can be accused of "accumulating all the money to themselves". That is not adequate explanation for the wealth Dangote and Adenuga possess. Once again we are pandering to ethnic stereotyping here in regards to the notion that certain ethnic groups selfishly accumulate money for themselves to explain their great wealth while other ethnic groups benevolently share it hence the reason they are not as rich as others. Those stereotypes are simplistic IMO.  Rather , we should be looking at issues without an ethnic prism to acknowledge what both men have achieved [b]as Nigerians
. In the same way , nothing stops other Africans from offering the same stereotypical excuses i.e "Nigerians love money too much and that is why they have more of it than others" . This would conveniently make it easy for them to ignore acknowledging the rare skills Nigerians have that put them in the category of Africans who can consistently bulid and grow big, multi-national businesses .

Adenuga and Dangote have built their impressive wealth with expansive businesses in key sectors they kept growing upwards unrelentingly . It would require extreme vision , acumen , great people management ability and innate enterpreneural skills to grow businesses to the level they have gotten their respective businesses to . All Nigerians are capable of achieving what Adenuga and Dangote have done . No need to atribute their wealth to any ethnic stereotype. This thread should be about celebrating their achievements.
Re: Shocking! Dangote Is The Richest African: Latest Forbes List 2011 by fstranger3(m): 11:44am On Mar 10, 2011
^^^

I agree

About time we celebrated true success borne out of the mind of confirmed geniuses, not some wuruwuru fake knockoffs from Alaba and Aba market. God bless Dangote from the North and Mike Adenuga from Ogun State. Very humble people. I just wish this country was made up of people from these two great groups mainly. I hate when some people arent pulling their weight in making Nigeria great. All some people do is tarnish Nigeria's image, with their Okija, yahoo, Tobechii Onwuara crappola.

[size=4pt]Nuff feathers ruffled for today. Tomorrow is another day [/size]grin
Re: Shocking! Dangote Is The Richest African: Latest Forbes List 2011 by mukina2: 11:53am On Mar 10, 2011

(1)

Phamacy Or Chemist Shop Business / Entrepreneurship Journey Just Made Simple With These life changing Resources ! / What Is The Best Financial Advice You’ve Ever Been Given Or Learned On Nairalan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.