Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,133 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife (13904 Views)

My Boyfriend Started Acting Strange...help! / My Boyfriend Is Amazing.. Look At This Chat Between Us / How To Detect If Your Boyfriend Is A Good Guy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife by Lmmoore: 4:53pm On Mar 10, 2011
My boyfriend and I have been together about 2 months now. We have never gotten into any serious fights and he is always telling me and our mutual friends about how happy I make him and how much he likes me. The other night, after we had been drinking for a while, I saw in his phone that he had been texting his ex-wife, who he has a three year old son with. I asked him why he was texting her and if I had anything to worry about. He said no. I then asked him if he was still in love with her. After some hesitation, he said that when he said his vows he meant them and that he would love her til the day he died. We went on further to discuss what would happen if she ever wanted him back. He told me he couldn't promise that he would never get back with her, but that if I were around he wouldn't get back with her. I honestly don't know what to do. I trust him fully to never cheat on me, but what i'm afraid of is that he is going to find reasons to leave me to get his family back. He is someone I could see myself being with and someone that is a great great person. Should I worry or just give it time and see where it goes? Please help!!
Re: My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife by akinreals: 5:04pm On Mar 10, 2011
Madam, go and look for your own husband, the man is a very wise man, he has gone back to his wife for ever and ever, he will never come back to you again in Jesus name. amen. what God has joined together, let nobody, not even you x100 can out asunder. can't u read between the lines? go look for your own husband and marry abeg. haba naija ladies i hail una ooo

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife by Lmmoore: 5:06pm On Mar 10, 2011
i didn't understand anything you just said,
Re: My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife by omolasgidi(m): 5:10pm On Mar 10, 2011
who no like better thing?
Re: My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife by elettrodad(m): 5:15pm On Mar 10, 2011
Bad situation. Do you know why they broke?
I have been married for 13 years, luckily i have no children which has made separation easy (actually that was the main reason for my divorce).
You can understand that when you live with a person for such a long time is hard to forget everything.
However, the reason they broke was surely important and surely was a difficult decision. Start from this point.
Understand the reason they divorced, and check yourself if you think this reason will be strong enough to keep him far from the ex wife.

He has been honest with you telling the truth. Ask him to be even more honest to understand your point of view.
Re: My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife by Lmmoore: 5:17pm On Mar 10, 2011
elettrodad:

Bad situation. Do you know why they broke?
I have been married for 13 years, luckily i have no children which has made separation easy (actually that was the main reason for my divorce).
You can understand that when you live with a person for such a long time is hard to forget everything.
However, the reason they broke was surely important and surely was a difficult decision. Start from this point.
Understand the reason they divorced, and check yourself if you think this reason will be strong enough to keep him far from the ex wife.

He has been honest with you telling the truth. Ask him to be even more honest to understand your point of view.

they broke up because she cheated on him with about 5 or 10 guys while he was overseas in the marine corps. he has been pretty understanding about the whole thing. he gets why i'm upset and says he would understand if i left him over it because other girls have done it to him before but i really think he is worth fighting for but i dont wanna get hurt.
Re: My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 10, 2011
He is a great person Good news for you.

But he is still in luv with his ex wife.

I advice, you lower your expectations, to avoid disappointment.

Do not even start thinking he will marry you. Well if such happen good for you!

But if you put all your trust in this dude, then he walks out on you later on, you will be so miserable.

The truth of the matter is, he love his ex wife. He is just moving on cus he can't/don't have her right now.

The moment she return to him, is the moment he will drop you.

Your prayer should be that she never comes back.

I wish you all the best.
Re: My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife by Ranoscky(m): 5:20pm On Mar 10, 2011
akinreals:

Madam, go and look for your own husband, the man is a very wise man, he has gone back to his wife for ever and ever, he will never come back to you again in Jesus name. amen. what God has joined together, let nobody, not even you x100 can out asunder. can't u read between the lines? go look for your own husband and marry abeg. haba naija ladies i hail una ooo
Make it cute, or, keep it mute! I think that was harsh if you ask me.

Op, since a child is involve, pls, just let him have his marraige back, k? God will give U a man that will love U 4eva!
Re: My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife by elettrodad(m): 5:30pm On Mar 10, 2011
That is a good reason to divorce and i am sure is a good reason to do not get involved again. Aren't you offering anything better?
Re: My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 10, 2011
baby momma wahala, grin

be ready to share him with his ex on a permanent basis
Re: My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife by Lmmoore: 5:34pm On Mar 10, 2011
elettrodad:

That is a good reason to divorce and i am sure is a good reason to do not get involved again. Aren't you offering anything better?

yeah i think i am. i have told him that i would never cheat on him ever cause i've been cheated on before too and i've also been told by him that i'm the most beautiful and best girlfriend he has ever had. so i guess i am.
Re: My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife by Lmmoore: 5:36pm On Mar 10, 2011
MrPrsdent:

baby momma wahala, grin

be ready to share him with his ex on a permanent basis

i'm 100% fine with him talking to her about their child and being civil with each other because of him. i understand that. but what i'm not okay with is him leaving me for her in the future.
Re: My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife by elettrodad(m): 5:37pm On Mar 10, 2011
So don't let him ask you to choose. When he says "I understand if you leave me" he is just avoiding to take decision.
Ask him to decide and take that before to get too deep.
Re: My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife by Tush16: 5:38pm On Mar 10, 2011
Go look for ur boy friend.It's obvious he's not in love with u.
Re: My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife by amefi(m): 5:40pm On Mar 10, 2011
ROKIATU, hw am i sure its u on dat pintchure? Pls show ur face.

@ OP,
Love is a wonderful thing, but cud b very dangerous. It is wonderful in the sense that it brings life, joy, and emotional fulfillment to those that find it on mutual interest and ground. And cud b very disastrous if it is a one way thing. That is, if the one you love has a reservation, nt being commiserating, and does not treasure it. Then, emotional hypertension is inevitable.

My advice, Pls n pls, he is not yours. It is very glaring frm the way he talked to you concerning his stance on vows or oaths. Look somewhere else. Cheers.
Re: My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 10, 2011
amefi:

ROKIATU, hw am i sure its u on dat pintchure? Pls show your face.

And what give you the confident to think that I will show my face just because you said so?

And who cares if you think its me or not undecided

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife by amefi(m): 5:58pm On Mar 10, 2011
rokiatu:

And what give you the confident to think that I will show my face just because you said so?

And who cares if you think its me or not undecided

Response to a seemingly intimidating post/comment goes a long way to attest the true character of the respondent. B gud sis, dont let us wash our dirty linen in d public (on NL).
Re: My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife by Macgreat(m): 6:05pm On Mar 10, 2011
You dating another WOMANs man. . .
Re: My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife by Nobody: 6:06pm On Mar 10, 2011
amefi:

B gud sis, dont let us wash our dirty linen in d public (on NL).

Roll eyes (Like WTF)

Get out of thread.
Re: My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife by 25omega(m): 6:20pm On Mar 10, 2011
Lmmoore:

My boyfriend and I have been together about 2 months now. We have never gotten into any serious fights and he is always telling me and our mutual friends about how happy I make him and how much he likes me. The other night, after we had been drinking for a while, I saw in his phone that he had been texting his ex-wife, who he has a three year old son with. I asked him why he was texting her and if I had anything to worry about. He said no. I then asked him if he was still in love with her. After some hesitation, he said that when he said his vows he meant them and that he would love her til the day he died. We went on further to discuss what would happen if she ever wanted him back. He told me he couldn't promise that he would never get back with her, but that if I were around he wouldn't get back with her. I honestly don't know what to do. I trust him fully to never cheat on me, but what i'm afraid of is that he is going to find reasons to leave me to get his family back. He is someone I could see myself being with and someone that is a great great person. Should I worry or just give it time and see where it goes? Please help!!
if i were you i will take the relationship slow or even take a break because he needs to work out his feelings before he decides to take someone else on a wild ride.

so funny how people's true feelings seem to come out while they are drinking
Re: My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife by amefi(m): 6:24pm On Mar 10, 2011
rokiatu:

Roll eyes (Like WTF)

Get out of thread.

Roki, i fink i'm fallin in luv wt u. Can u b my NL gf pls?
Re: My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:31pm On Mar 10, 2011
Lmmoore:

grin grin grin grin grin

he was always in love with her

so dont mislead your self saying he is in love with ex wife
Re: My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife by Cuteobi(f): 7:41pm On Mar 10, 2011
He is just not man enuf to say he wants his wife bak.hav a heart to heart talk to find out wat he really wants.
Re: My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife by oluwasiu: 7:46pm On Mar 10, 2011
Well madam I will advice u let go and God will give u ur husband for real take care
Re: My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife by Nobody: 3:05am On Mar 11, 2011
amefi:

Roki, i fink i'm fallin in luv wt u. Can u b my NL gf pls?
grin grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife by Danchiks(m): 11:47am On Mar 11, 2011
@Poster, you cant be in love with a married, imagine you saying that you are afraid that he is going to bring back his family. If he decides to go bring back his family, so be it, don't be an instrument of hindrance to him. Try and look else where, I believe your own God-made-man is somewhere waiting for you. Be wise and run for your dear life.
Re: My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife by zignor(m): 11:57am On Mar 11, 2011
My boyfriend and I have been together about 2 months now

how old are you? wink cheesy grin grin

I honestly don't know what to do

hahaha . . .go to babalawo for juju tongue tongue tongue

Lmmoore:

i didn't understand anything you just said,

laughing my backside off grin grin grin
Truth always bitter tongue
The grammer is simple and understandable cheesy cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife by cescky(m): 12:00pm On Mar 11, 2011
@ op

he really sounds great(being transparent and honest) u stand a chance with him,

he hasnt made up his mind yet!

take things easy and slow concerning him, give him a lil long rope

am sure he wasnt raised in naija?( hes wifes a bitch too) tongue

let him knw ur mind,its not easy having a child with someone and forget them( as i heard)

after what shes done to him only time and maybe u can heal his sores, if he doesnt heal he'll run back to her  shocked
Re: My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife by coderXO(m): 12:08pm On Mar 11, 2011
It depends on how long he has been separated or divorced from his wife.

He's probably still reeling from what happened between them so it's a problem.

In time, he will drift away from her and become yours.

But you need so go slow with him as well, date for at least two years.

If it still is the same, then you need to end the relationship.

- (Been in his shoes and I thought I'd never stop either. Time heals, and I have moved on with my life)

Take care.
Re: My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife by oluwasiu: 12:15pm On Mar 11, 2011
Am available call me 08023866132
Re: My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife by MMM2(m): 12:26pm On Mar 11, 2011
lmmoore u snatch some1 husband, while de wife is still alive dats 2 bad.
Re: My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Ex-wife by eghost247(m): 12:28pm On Mar 11, 2011
Time will tell just fold your arms relax and see where it goes
if this guy is truly yours nothing will happen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To One Of My Sure Nigga Princeakin / Why Is Raw Sex Sweeter Than Condom Sex : ) / Abuja Man Leaks Nudes Of Student Runz Girl Who Tried To Dupe Him [see Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.