Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Married Couples Who Don't Want Kids! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Couples Who Don't Want Kids! (3205 Views)

Checkout How Couples Who Met At The Club Dance At Their Wedding - Photo / Why Do Gays Want Kids??? / Married Couples Who Are Never Intimate But Insist They're Happy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married Couples Who Don't Want Kids! by megletters: 8:41am On Mar 11, 2011
Dear Nlanders,
i would like to know if it is a must to have children when married?
Can't husband and wife find true happiness and fulfillment in their home/marriage without having children? i mean many FERTILE couples r deciding to be 'childfree', is this okay? what do u guys think?
Re: Married Couples Who Don't Want Kids! by ifyalways(f): 10:01am On Mar 11, 2011
megletters:

Dear Nlanders,
Can't husband and wife find true happiness and fulfillment in their home/marriage without having children? i mean many FERTILE couples r deciding to be 'childfree', is this okay? pls, what do u guys think?
Ofcourse,its allowed and possible as long as Both parties are 100% comfortable with the arrangement.
I wud be giving it a try cheesy Constant action cheesy No bumps or 9mths go slow cheesy
Re: Married Couples Who Don't Want Kids! by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 11, 2011
Re: Married Couples Who Don't Want Kids! by megletters: 11:10am On Mar 11, 2011
@ chaircover
you r right, i mean if only there was technology to control all these 'uncontrolables'(Lord forgive my talk!) embarassed
Re: Married Couples Who Don't Want Kids! by obowunmi(m): 1:26pm On Mar 11, 2011
In Nigerian culture, its not ok for married folks to remain childless.
Re: Married Couples Who Don't Want Kids! by efisher(m): 8:41pm On Mar 11, 2011
Chaircover & Ifyalways,

I tend to agree with you on many of your responses on this section of the forum. You have said exactly what I had in mind with different choice of words. I thought no one was ever going to agree that it's OK under certain conditions. Nice.
Re: Married Couples Who Don't Want Kids! by obowunmi(m): 9:24pm On Mar 11, 2011
^^^^ because you don't have a mind of your own.
Re: Married Couples Who Don't Want Kids! by Ikandmc(f): 1:36am On Mar 12, 2011
You know I am sure you can find happiness in marriage without having kids. Being happy person comes form the inside but not from outside, so if you feel like you are not interested in having kids- just make sure you both agree on this before getting married. Wish you the best!
Re: Married Couples Who Don't Want Kids! by Nekai(f): 4:21am On Mar 12, 2011
It's better to remain childfree than to bring children in the world to be abused and abandoned by both parents. Some people don't want the responsibilities of being a parent. I wouldn't choose such a path, because I think bringing children into the world under the blessing and sanctity of marriage must be the greatest feeling ever.
Re: Married Couples Who Don't Want Kids! by efisher(m): 9:27am On Mar 12, 2011
obowunmi:

^^^^ because you don't have a mind of your own.

@ obowunmi, Think about your statement for five minutes and ask yourself if it makes any sense undecided
There is nothing wrong in appreciating the opinions of others and acknowledging that you agree with them. IMHO, Chaircover (for example) has made some of the most mature and objective contributions on family section. If I had agreed with your opinion, you probably would not have said the same thing. Make an effort to be objective next time.

BACK TO THE TOPIC!

The couple can agree not to have children. If the need arises to have one sometime later in life, they can always have one. However, they should plan ahead and decide what they would do if they cant have any at the time when they are ready. They could adopt a child or something. It all boils down to agreement and planning.
Re: Married Couples Who Don't Want Kids! by Blazay(m): 10:08am On Mar 12, 2011
Personal choice.
Love is not based on numbers.
What is the quality of life?
QUALITY not QUANTITY. kiss
Re: Married Couples Who Don't Want Kids! by obowunmi(m): 11:32am On Mar 12, 2011
@efisher, yes my statement makes sense.

Do you repeatedly agree with them because you don't have a mind and opinion of your own ?

Your notion about objectivity is quote. As humans, we are all biased due to one reason or the other. Stop spewing jargon about objectivity--- only illiterates do that.
Re: Married Couples Who Don't Want Kids! by efisher(m): 11:54am On Mar 12, 2011
^^^^ Please leave me alone and face the topic. I don't know what your motive is and I am not interested. For your information, I am male, I am married and I am not interested in making new enemies. Stop derailing this thread.

Note: I WILL SIMPLY IGNORE YOU FROM NOW ON!!!
Re: Married Couples Who Don't Want Kids! by obowunmi(m): 11:56am On Mar 12, 2011
Ure not male. You sound like a wimp.
Re: Married Couples Who Don't Want Kids! by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:57am On Mar 12, 2011
megletters:

Dear Nlanders,
Can't husband and wife find true happiness and fulfillment in their home/marriage without having children? i mean many FERTILE couples r deciding to be 'childfree', is this okay? what do u guys think?

first you should ask yourself when you say IS IT OK  to who's point of view should it be OK the onlookers or the couple ?

its not OK as OK is the WRONG WORD  it is their RIGHT TO DECIDE WHAT THEY WANT TO DO WITH THEIR LIFE i.e NOT HAVING KIDS

the rest eg family, friends, church etc are not welcome to give advice on such decisions  at the end of the day they contribute nothing to the actual raising of the kids
Re: Married Couples Who Don't Want Kids! by Bawss1(m): 2:38pm On Mar 12, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

first you should ask yourself when you say IS IT OK  to who's point of view should it be OK the onlookers or the couple ?

its not OK as OK is the WRONG WORD  it is their RIGHT TO DECIDE WHAT THEY WANT TO DO WITH THEIR LIFE i.e NOT HAVING KIDS

the rest eg family, friends, church etc are not welcome to give advice on such decisions  at the end of the day they contribute nothing to the actual raising of the kids

Very well said.

Its easy to get caught up in the web of expectations from family members, Churches and the society at large, very easy. Ultimately this decision lies with the couple and whatever they decide upon should be respected by all.
Re: Married Couples Who Don't Want Kids! by Jellitah: 12:07am On Feb 08, 2013
Blazay: Personal choice.
Love is not based on numbers.
What is the quality of life?
QUALITY not QUANTITY. kiss

EVER SOOOOOOOOOOOOO CONSISTENT!!!! grin
Hmmmmmmmm. . . . .AMEN. . . CHIEF BLAZZZZAY!!! I YAMMY 'PRAYING FOR YOU'!

MU CHA CHA CHA CHA CHA CHA CHA

LWKMD!!! TO TEARS!!!

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

cry cry cry cry cry cry

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Married Couples Who Don't Want Kids! by Fhemmmy: 12:14am On Feb 08, 2013
It is allowed and it is your choice as well as that of your partner . . .
Re: Married Couples Who Don't Want Kids! by greatgod2012(f): 5:40am On Feb 08, 2013
@op,If it is based on d agreement of both of you, then, its ok, but one party should not be forced into it by d other party. Its even better than having children and not caring and training them.
May God help us all.

(1) (Reply)

The Silent Pain Of Fathers / Which Part Of Ajah (lagos Island) Has Good Electricity / New Baby ....... Congratulations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.