Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Is It Right To Pray For Your Enemies To Die. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right To Pray For Your Enemies To Die. (15829 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Was Afraid To Die On Nigeria Airways Flight / How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. / Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Pray For Your Enemies To Die. by Awhotu(m): 1:24pm On Mar 11, 2011
i keep wondering why some pple keep praying that their enemies should 'die die die die'. what if another person sees u as enemy. who will live 
Re: Is It Right To Pray For Your Enemies To Die. by nuella2(f): 1:39pm On Mar 11, 2011
^^^

Christ did not teach us to kill our enemies or hate them. We dont need to bother about them cos the end is they will stumble and fall. If anybody decide to be your enemy he has also decided to stumble and fall, period. Vengeance belong to God, evil cannot prevail over God's pple. Fear is the door way, just discover who God has made you and walk in that conciousness. And know how to tackle his devices( manipulations, tricks and strategies). He has not changed from attacking us with, what the eyes, mind and flesh wants.

Resist the devil and he will flee from you. The truth will keep you free.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Pray For Your Enemies To Die. by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 11, 2011
^^

Absolutely

A few more verses :

"But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you" Matthew 5:44

"If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; if he is thirsty, give him water to drink." Proverbs 25:21

"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you" Luke 6:27

"Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse." Romans 12:14

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Pray For Your Enemies To Die. by Jenwitemi(m): 3:06pm On Mar 11, 2011
Questions for people to answer;

-So, who are your "enemies", then?
-What makes them your enemies?
-Why do you think or believe that you have enemies?
-Is it subconsciously important for you to have enemies?
-What do you think of the possibility that you could also equally be somebody else's enemy for whatever reason(s)?
Re: Is It Right To Pray For Your Enemies To Die. by truetalk01(m): 8:18pm On Mar 11, 2011
it is better u don't keep enemies b/cos he who keeps enemies never sleep, while ur enemies enjoy his or her sleep. smiley
Re: Is It Right To Pray For Your Enemies To Die. by ugo2u(m): 9:34pm On Mar 11, 2011
Its wrong to pray for enemies to die, you can bind demons, rebuke them, ward them off, the only killing clause is the witch clause which the scripture said suffer not the witch to live. now that can be misused and misdirected, but in all things its best to ask for the mercy of God on them rather than die die prayer, if God wants us to live why should we wish for another to die
Re: Is It Right To Pray For Your Enemies To Die. by yommyuk: 11:00pm On Mar 11, 2011
In the body of Christ today, it is not unusual for Christians to pray against their enemies. Why?

Prayers for the termination of the wicked can sometimes arise out of concern with Justice and righteousness, and out of confidence in God. We know that the evil they do is inconsistent with God's nature and their removal is the only way for the Kingdom of God to thrive. When a man/woman has been oppressed and marginalized by spiritual bullies, leaders from within and outside the body of Christ, this can lead them to pray with full faith and hope by asking God, how long will he tolerate the works of the enemies. Therefore by the principle of retribution, one may ask the Lord to inflict upon the wicked the suffering that they have endured.

In my blessed opinion, prayers for an enemy is appropriate as long as God is recognised as arbiter, judge and executor cool.

Do we need to see evil for what it truely is or do we perceive it merely as an inconvenience ?

Take your pick and be pratical. cool
Re: Is It Right To Pray For Your Enemies To Die. by kvolander: 11:39pm On Mar 11, 2011
I don't see anything wrong with praying for your enemies to die but you really need to define those enemies.

There are spiritual enemies which are responsible for all kinds of evil e.g. sickness, failure, rejection, accident, and even death. These enemies may come in human forms as well.i.e those who seek diabolic means to destroy you.
If you don't command them to die, they'll resurface when you're not on your spiritual armour. It might also interest you to know that they are responsible for temptations which easily leads you astray thereby weakening your faith and securing access to your life to destroy you (John 10:10).

If, however you're talking about physical enemies i.e. someone who just does not like you but is not involved in diabolical means to hurt you, then there's no need to pray for their death. If you are doing that, that means you are harbouring anger in you heart which is not good.
I think these are some of the kinds of enemies the Lord asked us to love.

BUT MOST OF ALL, IF YOU ARE SPIRIT-FILLED, THE HOLY SPIRIT WILL TEACH YOU HOW TO PRAY FOR OR AGAINST YOUR ENEMIES.

Be blessed.
Re: Is It Right To Pray For Your Enemies To Die. by yommyuk: 12:28am On Mar 12, 2011
True word cool
Re: Is It Right To Pray For Your Enemies To Die. by benodic: 5:12pm On Mar 13, 2011
@poster

whatever you throw into your life is what returns to you. if you pray for your enemy to die the energy you send out goes full circle and comes back to you at the end of the circle.
better you fill yourself with love and send love to all life the way God loves all life without any discrimination.
Re: Is It Right To Pray For Your Enemies To Die. by KunleOshob(m): 6:34pm On Mar 13, 2011
Crystal clear evidence that MFM doctrines are NOT of christ but carnal man made teachings that deny him.
Re: Is It Right To Pray For Your Enemies To Die. by sadboy: 7:47pm On Mar 13, 2011
yes checked the book of psalms it tells us to kill our enemy
Re: Is It Right To Pray For Your Enemies To Die. by sadboy: 7:52pm On Mar 13, 2011
arise o lord let thy enemy be scattered. the enemy you failed to kill will kill you some day
Re: Is It Right To Pray For Your Enemies To Die. by mabell: 7:57pm On Mar 13, 2011
Lu 20:18 Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.
(KJV)

so whomever that wants to make his/herself your enemy will suffer it either way but,

Mt 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Lu 6:28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
(KJV)

Jesus came to die for all so if you pray for the death of the so called enemies, what is the essence of the blood of Jesus then so rather than pray for their demise, lets bless them
Re: Is It Right To Pray For Your Enemies To Die. by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 13, 2011
True talk. May God bless all my enemies. I stopped cursing them long ago because if curse dey too many e no dey work quickly again. Better to bless them since you never know why they are that way. Hope i dont change my mind later.
Re: Is It Right To Pray For Your Enemies To Die. by newmi(m): 1:53am On Mar 14, 2011
the bible says in the book of psalms 23:5 that God prepares a table in the presence of the energy, meaning that God wants the enemy to be alive see his faithfulness
Re: Is It Right To Pray For Your Enemies To Die. by ugo2u(m): 6:04am On Mar 14, 2011
think of it this way Paul was a heavy persecutor of the christian folk, if the christians prayed for his death and God answered such then we wont have half of the new testament.
Re: Is It Right To Pray For Your Enemies To Die. by BABE3: 7:01am On Mar 14, 2011
nope, it aint right!,
Its most prominent amongst Africans and most developing countries, to pray that way, because we strongly believe in witchcrafts and strong-correct juju, plus we are going through a lot (we still developing), SO we tend to transfer all our inner anger, frustration, and aggression on "the enemies" in prayers. I've never heard "die enemy die" from an oyinbo's mouth when saying his prayers, so that says a lot,
Re: Is It Right To Pray For Your Enemies To Die. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:59am On Mar 14, 2011
KunleOshob:

Crystal clear evidence that MFM doctrines are NOT of christ but carnal man made teachings that deny him.

God Speaks, it becomes Man's responsibility to Understand/Interpret and Teach. Therein lies the problem, Man by Nature cannot be relied upon to be 100% "in-the-anointing". therefore most religious texts clearly show where true wisdom is revealed and where the interpreter was obviously either drunk, deceitful, manipulative or self-serving. How i long for those days when God actually wrote the book himself. very straight-forward, no riddles, no double-speak and no long grammar.
Re: Is It Right To Pray For Your Enemies To Die. by nuella2(f): 10:52am On Mar 14, 2011
If we kill all our enemies who do we convert?
Re: Is It Right To Pray For Your Enemies To Die. by Jenwitemi(m): 12:02pm On Mar 14, 2011
Or who will convert you? wink grin
nuella2:

If we kill all our enemies who do we convert?
Re: Is It Right To Pray For Your Enemies To Die. by demasters: 12:59pm On Mar 14, 2011
please we have to apply wisdom in this issue. moses in the old testament says
an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, but Jesus said that we should love our enemies and if some body slaps you on your cheek turn the other one.
what is he saying the bible says that he has not come to destroy the law but to fulfill it. so my brethren in some cases we applied the law of moses becuase it is also God who gave the law.
Re: Is It Right To Pray For Your Enemies To Die. by rosannarmiller: 7:17am On Apr 02, 2013
“Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles; lest the Lord see it, and it displeases Him, and He turn away His wrath from him.” Proverbs 24:17

So next time you hear someone praying their enemy dies or gets hurt. you will or should know who the enemy is. And God says what we sow (so if we desire evil for others), then we are the ones who will reap the harvest of our desires.
Re: Is It Right To Pray For Your Enemies To Die. by rosannarmiller: 7:47am On Apr 02, 2013
On the other hand, I do not believe someone, except the righteous, is heard from God. The person may be a hypocrite, who call upon the lord (may be praying to Satan), and we know by scripture where their place is...in hell. But that is between them and God. We reap what we sow. So if we wish evil on others, it will bite us in the end.

It is also good to remember that life and death is in God's hand and His children have nothing to fear. And Satan cannot harm one hair on a child of God.
Re: Is It Right To Pray For Your Enemies To Die. by whatofyou: 10:47am On Apr 02, 2013
Once discussed this topic with my neighbor. He was the type that screamed as he prayed, so everybody in the compound heard his evil pleas to God about his enemies.
God is love, and all who serve Him must know how to love eveyone- even your killer! Nevertheless, we are all humans, and it is easier said than done.

(1) (Reply)

Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? / 2022: Don't Listen To Prophets Of Doom, Prophet Abiara Tells Nigerians / Happy Birthday Peace Ibiyeomie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.