Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,400 members, 7,808,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami (16815 Views)

Damage Caused By State Laws ! / Breaking News: Japan Hit By A New Earthquake Of 7.4, Tsunami Warning Issued / Japanese Tsunami, Road Repaired Six Days After----pictures! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami by dinggle: 6:28pm On Mar 13, 2011
Imagine what's happening to their Nuclear power plant! Nigeria should forget the idea of nuclear power for electricity we r not there yet!, even though we dont have earthquakes imagine what will happen if one angry alimajiri puts bomb there or if mend lays their hands on it, lets continue with power generation from the pond dam or better still embrace solar technology.
Re: Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 13, 2011
dinggle:

Imagine what's happening to their Nuclear power plant! Nigeria should forget the idea of nuclear power for electricity we r not there yet!, even though we dont have earthquakes imagine what will happen if one angry alimajiri puts bomb there or if mend lays their hands on it, lets continue with power generation from the pond dam or better still embrace solar technology.
You said this because you are only limited to what you see or hear,  Why thinking about the bad side of it? Why not think about the good it could bring?
Re: Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami by tlops(m): 6:54pm On Mar 13, 2011
tis very sad!
Re: Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami by Parnassuss(m): 7:15pm On Mar 13, 2011
dinggle:

This is a one-off thing. First the location of the plant will ensure that even in the worse case, the blast radius remains contained. Also, that fact they there reactor DIDN'T go off tells us that these plants are not built like paper weights. We should even dare to triple reinforce our plant if we ever get one, but this should not be a deterrent, in fact it should actually encourage us to do so. WITH A LOT OF CAUTION THOUGH.
Re: Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 13, 2011
ShangoThor:

According to the BBC it measured 8.9, WOW, surely one of the most amazing things I've ever seen in my lifetime, damnnnnn, we are soooooo lucky in Nigeria that we are not subject to such catastrophic disasters.

We've our version.Almost like 8.9-corruption.That is the biggest quake caused by human against others-close to 9.0 in the Richter scale.
Re: Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami by bgees(m): 8:08pm On Mar 13, 2011
hercules07:

Religious people are funny sha, talking about people who live a far better life than you even in their unbelief, Nigeria with all its religious people still has a far higher mortality rate than these people, their country is sitting on a fault, so, earthquakes are bound to happen, if Nigeria were sitting there, the same thing will happen to us, infact far worse will.

@Buzugee

So God will tell the tsunami not to happen after an earthquake registering 8.9 on the richter scale? Bros, abeg use your brain small.

Rightly said. Must people mention God every time a disaster happens?
Re: Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami by coldhearts(f): 8:35pm On Mar 13, 2011
Ok let's start from before to after earthquake events in japan according to papers, pls no one should imply anything - just reading events day b/4 and after-let's keep it simple.

Japan's new FM pledges to improve ties with China march 10, 2011
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/03/10/ap/asia/main20041664.shtml?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+CBSNewsGamecore+%28GameCore%3A+CBSnews.com%29
Just because this happened doesn't mean it is in any way related to the event. No need for anyone to be fearful, pls i repeat- just coincidence. may i stress that word - COINCIDENCE; also stocks was down all over . 

Japan earthquake and tsunami as it happened march 11, 2011
while nikki from oxon smiles for the camera - maybe she's detached from what's really happening.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/8377742/Japan-earthquake-and-tsunami-as-it-happened-March-11.html
http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/nation-world-news/u-s-bases-in-japan-ok-wpafb-ready-to-lend-aid--1104475.html
U.S stocks went up - i guess markets became favorable. Don't know about the african stocks.

Officials have declared states of emergency at six plants in quake-affected area , fear of a second nuclear reactor meltdown in the northeastern parts - 12th
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42056237/ns/world_news-asiapacific/

may the souls of the dead rest in peace. feel free to correct me or add more.
Re: Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami by soreola(f): 9:22pm On Mar 13, 2011
Ladies and Gents, like Pastor Adeboye said at the start of the year, we should pray against natural disasters ooooo, lets not forget, anything can happen so let us keep praying,
Re: Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami by Mobinga: 9:42pm On Mar 13, 2011
@Rasputinn well said.

The Stephen Hawking dude is one unfortunate fellow. His Black holes, Cosmos-Intellect can't get him a new body and yet he says there is no God. He has said that over a million times, good, so shut up. Ironic how atheists are the ones who mention "God" most.

I personally think there are two kinds of men :

1 - Those who where intelligently designed by God eg Me  cool
2 - Those who evolved from Apes! eg Hawking

Little wonder why "Science" and "Scientists" have failed woefully in the area of brain transplants (simply put, Soul Transplants). The nerves are the weakest in man. And they say they evolved from monkeys??!! - Wow! Those things are not by "Chance"! No such thing as "Chance"

I've continuously studied myself to see If I have evolved to a higher specie, to no avail.  grin Ha!
Ok! On to the next one!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone Know about Edgar Cayce? Yes? No?

Don't call me a conspiracy theorist, but, I watched sometime in the early years of this millennium circa 2001, a documentary on the End. Apparently Edgar Cayce, a sleeping-psychic who made predictions of - WWI and WWII which were both accurate, he said

Due to the shifting of the Earth's magnetic poles and natural disasters, dramatic changes such as this will occur:

"The Earth will be broken up in the western portion of America. The greater portion of Japan must go into the sea. The upper portion of Europe will be changed as in the twinkling of an eye. Land will appear off the east coast of America. When there is the first breaking up of some conditions in the South Sea and those as apparent in the sinking or rising of that that's almost opposite same, or in the Mediterranean, and the Etna area, then we many know it has begun."

Now, did that happen? Whether or not accurate to the nearest 0.1 metre, it gives you a hint.

Whether spiritually, geologically, scientifically,

Something is happening. . .
Re: Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami by jpworld(m): 9:43pm On Mar 13, 2011
Sharaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap, small time you people will come and say Adeboye and TB joshua predicted the earth quake, Japan has been experiencing  Earth quake since 1800 they knew it can visit them anytime.

Small time now religious people will say is there stupid prayers that is saving Nigeria from earthquakes, the hunger and poverty that is killing Nigerians daily is worst than Earthquakes.

soreola:

Ladies and Gents, like Pastor Adeboye said at the start of the year, we should pray against natural disasters ooooo, lets not forget, anything can happen so let us keep praying,
Re: Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami by Rhino5dm: 9:55pm On Mar 13, 2011
whats that shocked shocked, more reason why this ape-man believe there is no God. Today i watch a horror film preview on NL. I'd rather be a monkey than that hunimal.

that dude looks horroble and pathetic even with his black hole and scientific formular at his disposal.

i just have to model this character in my new alien animation. lol!

Mobinga:

@Rasputinn well said.

The Stephen Hawking dude is one unfortunate fellow. His Black holes, Cosmos-Intellect can't get him a new body and yet he says there is no God. He has said that over a million times, good, so shut up. Ironic how atheists are the ones who mention "God" most.

I personally think there are two kinds of men :

1 - Those who where intelligently designed by God eg Me cool
2 - Those who evolved from Apes! eg Hawking

Little wonder why "Science" and "Scientists" have failed woefully in the area of brain transplants (simply put, Soul Transplants). The nerves are the weakest in man. And they say they evolved from monkeys??!! - Wow! Those things are not by "Chance"! No such thing as "Chance"

I've continuously studied myself to see If I have evolved to a higher specie, to no avail. grin Ha!
Ok! On to the next one!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone Know about Edgar Cayce? Yes? No?

Don't call me a conspiracy theorist, but, I watched sometime in the early years of this millennium circa 2001, a documentary on the End. Apparently Edgar Cayce, a sleeping-psychic who made predictions of - WWI and WWII which were both accurate, he said

Now, did that happen? Whether or not accurate to the nearest 0.1 metre, it gives you a hint.

Whether spiritually, geologically, scientifically,

Something is happening. . .

Re: Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami by oscartawn1: 10:11pm On Mar 13, 2011
There is always one natural disaster or the other every year for the past 7yrs or so; and is usually between December and March. Has anyone taken any special note of this?

It is obvious that this world will soon end. If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, please seize this opportunity. Everything happening today before our very eyes have been prophesied in the Holy Bible, Matthew 24!
Please read and understand the hand writing on the wall before it is too late.
Re: Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami by amor4ce(m): 11:14pm On Mar 13, 2011
Some people like to think that inhabitants of the continent of Africa are lucky. Have we not experienced disasters that are worse than earthquakes and tsunamis which are geological? What about humans who have constituted themselves into disasters? I mean people who engage in racism, tribalism, ethnicity, nepotism, superiority/inferiority complex, bribery, suppression, oppression, sabotage that is economic and otherwise (eg PHCN), unqualified contractors who seek contracts because of money instead of development,deception, false prophets etc. What about those who worship money and knives and guns? Have we as Nigerians (individually and collectively) not put money ahead of honour, very much unlike the Japanese way of life. How about we compare the pictures we are getting from Japan to scenes from previous "disasters" in Haiti, Iran, Pakistan, Indonesia etc. You would notice that the Japanese have been orderly and not panicky, they have quietly and responsibly formed orderly queues, they have not seen it as an opportunity to engage in wide-scale looting, they are helping each other instead of putting clan or religious affiliations first, and many more similar instances. I even saw a comment here which seemed to portray ignorance of the religious history, including Christianity, of Japan. Do we even know what's coming?
Re: Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami by Sagamite(m): 11:22pm On Mar 13, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

At least they should have anticipated such since they are 100% sure that all events must have a scientific backup.

I can only imagine large gruops of atheist screaming God Richard Dawkins come and help us after seeing the hit! lol

What clunking rubbish!

Because something is scientifically backed-up and anticipated does not necessarily mean you can or will be willing to prepare for it.

No one said Science has reached a stage where everything is known or all that is known is capable of being dealt with. That deficiency is no evidence that science is wrong, it just means there is room for improvement and advancement.

There were hordes of people like you that laughed when it was said that the world was round and not flat. That chickenpox plagues were caused by viruses that they do not have a cure for, and it is not curses from God for a sin.

Even if this kind of Earthquake/Tsunami was anticipated, you have to consider the resources that need to be committed to such. Resources are limited and expensive.

How many democratic governments do you know that will/can/are willing to/smart enough to/brave enough to commit limited resources and dedicate huge expense to an activity that is speculated to happen, but when and to what scale is based on differing probabilities of experts, not certainties.

Cut the bollocks about lack of preparation discrediting scientific evidence.

rasputinn:

Dawkins that has not been able to help himself.
Sincerely,of all men on earth,Dawkins is the one I pity the most;he is a fool(scripture says only a fool says in his heart that there's no God),plus he is so incapacitated you wonder why he makes so much noise about there not being any God.

Help himself in what way?

He is a medical doctor?

He is a neuro-scientist?
Re: Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami by Sagamite(m): 11:27pm On Mar 13, 2011
soreola:

Pastor Adeboye is a reetarded fraud. Stop giving your money to him.

Fcking reetarded arsewipe 419. Ask him to name one year when something regarded as natural disaster has not happened in one part of the world.

Playing on foools that cannot figure out odds, to make money to live a life of luxury and private jets.
Re: Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami by Sagamite(m): 11:30pm On Mar 13, 2011
amor4ce:

Some people like to think that inhabitants of the continent of Africa are lucky. Have we not experienced disasters that are worse than earthquakes and tsunamis which are geological? What about humans who have constituted themselves into disasters? I mean people who engage in racism, tribalism, ethnicity, nepotism, superiority/inferiority complex, bribery, suppression, oppression, sabotage that is economic and otherwise (eg PHCN), unqualified contractors who seek contracts because of money instead of development,deception, false prophets etc. What about those who worship money and knives and guns? Have we as Nigerians (individually and collectively) not put money ahead of honour, very much unlike the Japanese way of life. How about we compare the pictures we are getting from Japan to scenes from previous "disasters" in Haiti, Iran, Pakistan, Indonesia etc. You would notice that the Japanese have been orderly and not panicky, they have quietly and responsibly formed orderly queues, they have not seen it as an opportunity to engage in wide-scale looting, they are helping each other instead of putting clan or religious affiliations first, and many more similar instances. I even saw a comment here which seemed to portray ignorance of the religious history, including Christianity, of Japan. Do we even know what's coming?

How many did the tsunami kill in Japan?

10,000?

How many have been killed in Jos in the last 3 years?

We really are so blessed!

I wonder if the pain of nature killing my loved one is worse than the pain of my loved ones being hacked to death by savages I know will not face any justice. undecided
Re: Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami by olu77(m): 12:27am On Mar 14, 2011
I don't ever have to defend God, he does not need anyone to defend him. He does what ever pleases him; our way is not his way neither are our thoughts his thoughts so, u'll just drain yourself out trying to defend him. meanwhile, as a Christian I don't think I would ever succeed in changing atheists by engaging them in abusive arguments. I have come to realize that people are never born atheist, they turn so due to challenges that is above their faith or by reading wrong literatures. Pray that you don't find yourself in a situation where most atheist today found themselves before they embrace atheism. Come to think of it, in reality, some of us will never believe in God too if we are in Stephen Hawking's shoe. If truly we are Christians and we believe in the love of God we would stop condemning and judging these people it would not change their heart. We can only win anybody for Christ through LOVE and showing good examples.
Re: Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami by Sagamite(m): 12:44am On Mar 14, 2011
olu77:

I have come to realize that people are never born atheist Xtian/Muslims, they turn so due to challenges that is above their faith or by reading wrong literatures. Pray that you don't find yourself in a situation where most atheist Xtian/Muslims today found themselves before they embrace atheism Xtian/Muslims.

Even though I don't necessarily think your post is addressed to me mainly. To be frank, I really could not care less if it was or not as I appreciate your nice way of saying people are entitled to their opinions and not employing the usual holy spirit dogmatism I see the speakers in tongues.

That said, I just could not resist the similitude of your point quoted when applied to your own position you are defending. Hence I applied some substitution to reveal this.

Most people are in the religion they are because they are born into a family practicing it, not some insightful journey of knowledge or at the more ridiculous angle: divine revelation. And if you believe the literature that support these, ala Adam and Eve eating some forbidden fruit being deceived by a serpent/jinn, then you might as well believe in the creation of the Ring in Lord of the Rings. All mythological tosh! The literature has been known to brainwash people and lead them to abandon common sense in several cases, so it can easily be termed "wrong".

That said, I am not an atheist and do not agree with Hawkins conclusion, I am just so gaddam very objective hence I confront any lame point I see even if it against an argument I don't support.
Re: Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami by sosilly1(m): 1:03am On Mar 14, 2011
Really sad to see this happening, I love Japan & I go over quite often. Luckily, my friends are based south of Japan so they are okay, physically. My heart goes out to the people of Japan and i trust they will come out of this stronger.

Trust the holy rollers to see things in only black and white.

buzugee:

God did not do it. God simply did not intervene. see for God to intervene in your affairs ? you have to ask for his permission. until then ? you are left at the mercy of Beelzebub.
shocked shocked shocked

All this time all they had to do was pray to God to intervene and remove the 400+ volcanoes and cease all seismic activity in the pacific ring. Wow! To think all these years of researching and investing in earthquake measures were for nought and not one single person living in the pacific ring made a prayer point similar to that?! I learn new things everyday.

"You will hear things like, "Science doesn't know everything." Well, of course science doesn't know everything. But, because science doesn't know everything, it doesn't mean that science knows nothing. Science knows enough for us to be watched by a few million people now on television, for these lights to be working, for quite extraordinary miracles to have taken place in terms of the harnessing of the physical world and our dim approaches towards understanding it. And as Wittgenstein quite rightly said, "When we understand every single secret of the universe, there will still be left the eternal mystery of the human heart."
Stephen Fry quoting Wittgenstein during a Room 101 TV program

People claiming Hawkins said there is no God, clearly have not read/followed his work just repeated a general misconception.

"One can imagine that God created the universe at literally any time in the past. On the other hand, if the universe is expanding, there may be physical reasons why there had to be a beginning. One could imagine that God created the universe at the instant of the big bang, or even afterwards in just such a way as to make it look as though there had been a big bang, but it would be meaningless to suppose that it was created before the big bang. An expanding universe does not preclude a creator, but it does place limits on when he might have carried out his job!"  (1988)

"With the success of scientific theories in describing events, most people have come to believe that God allows the universe to evolve according to a set of laws and does not intervene in the universe to break these laws. However, the laws do not tell us what the universe should have looked like when it started -- it would still be up to God to wind up the clockwork and choose how to start it off. So long as the universe had a beginning, we could suppose it had a creator. But if the universe is really completely self-contained, having no boundary or edge, it would have neither beginning nor end: it would simply be. What place, then, for a creator?" (1988)

"However, if we discover a complete theory, it should in time be understandable by everyone, not just by a few scientists. Then we shall all, philosophers, scientists and just ordinary people, be able to take part in the discussion of the question of why it is that we and the universe exist. If we find the answer to that, it would be the ultimate triumph of human reason -- for then we should know the mind of God." (1988)

"If you believe in science, like I do, you believe that there are certain laws that are always obeyed. If you like, you can say the laws are the work of God, but that is more a definition of God than a proof of his existence." (2001)

To those who make fun of his looks/disability - I don't even know where to start! He was diagnosed with his current condition (ALS) when he was 21, was given two years to live and has since then  achieved and contributed to his chosen field despite of his condition. Surely, he's a source of motivation, right?

olu77:

I don't ever have to defend God, he does not need anyone to defend him. He does what ever pleases him; our way is not his way neither are our thoughts his thoughts so, u'll just drain yourself out trying to defend him.  meanwhile, as a Christian I don't think I would ever succeed in changing atheists by engaging them in abusive arguments. I have come to realize that people are never born atheist, they turn so due to challenges that is above their faith or by reading wrong literatures. Pray that you don't find yourself in a situation where most atheist today found themselves before they embrace atheism. Come to think of it, in reality, some of us will never believe in God too if we are in Stephen Hawking's shoe. If truly we are Christians and we believe in the love of God we would stop condemning and judging these people it would not change their heart. We can only win anybody for Christ through LOVE and showing good examples.      

Nuff said.
Re: Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami by coldhearts(f): 1:43am On Mar 14, 2011
so_silly:

To those who make fun of his looks/disability - I don't even know where to start!

let me help you start- it is simply not right of anyone to make fun of a disbled person regardless of belief.  how the topic became about him or religion is beyond me, i suppose he is more interesting perhaps.
Re: Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami by olu77(m): 2:10am On Mar 14, 2011
Sagamite:

That said, I am not an atheist and do not agree with Hawkins conclusion, I am just so gaddam very objective hence I confront any lame point I see even if it against an argument I don't support.
Sagamite, I'm glad to hear you are not an atheist meaning you are conscious of the existence of God. you are right about many being Christians because they are born into it but few others have encountered Christ and that is why I could talk about love because the Bible says "love your neighbour as yourself" notice that there is no condition given. Why didn't the bible say "love your neighbour as yourself if they practice the same religion you practice or if they believe in your God"

The message I am trying to pass across is, I can not force people to believe in my God but I can persuade them to if the way I act, speak and relate with others portray my God in good light. Because you can not see him, I am his representative, his image and therefore if I say he is a kind God I need to show kindness or if I come to you and claim to be a representative of a loving God I need to show love and not be hateful.

Sagamite, you are my brother and you make a lot of sense though the wisdom of this world is foolishness before my God - The God of heaven and earth, the beginning and the end.
Re: Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami by MLSwiss: 3:12am On Mar 14, 2011
LOL at those bringing up god ! Yeah, god is powerful, he's killing people with his powerful tsunami. Way to go almighty f[i]u[/i]cking god. This is just SAD ! Instead of bringing up god and screaming meaningless prayers, send money to aid Japan. smiley
Re: Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami by FabulousE1: 7:29am On Mar 14, 2011
I AM SHORT OF WORDS. SO SPEECHLESS. WE NEED TO PRAY FOR THEM AND THE WORLD.
Re: Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami by krixik(m): 7:43am On Mar 14, 2011
Enough Scrap waiting to be shipped to Naija soon.
Re: Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami by olumyde5(m): 7:48am On Mar 14, 2011
cry cry cry cry cry cry Quake and Tsunami wao is just too much to handle
Re: Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 14, 2011
With destruction on such a large scale, especially cars, very soon the cost of spare parts for Japsmobile will go down drastically.

Correct Igbo boy, you see destruction, I see opportunity. I dey laugh ooo cheesy
Re: Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami by Muktar05(m): 8:44am On Mar 14, 2011
Oh Allah, help this country 'destiny'.
Re: Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 14, 2011
the Japanese are a resourceful bunch, they will rebuild.

btw, you religion buffs should endeavour NOT to always see others' misfortune as opportunity to attempt to propagate your fairy tales.

its just chaos theory,
sheet can, and will, happen!
Re: Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami by kemisuga(f): 8:52am On Mar 14, 2011
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Pictures Of The Damage Caused By The Japanese Tsunami by rasputinn(m): 9:23am On Mar 14, 2011

Erm . . . don't you mean Stephen Hawking, the physicist? Richard Dawkins is not incapacitated o

Thanks Ajanlekoko,I meant Steve Hawking,I guess it's because their surnames sound alike plus they're both grand atheist that keep mentioning the name of God;only that in their own case it is for them to say God does not exist

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

North Korea Confirms First COVID-19 Case, Orders National Lockdown / Germany Faces Genocide Case Over Israel Weapon Sales / Palestinaians Paraded By IDF: Hamas Terrorists Or Civilians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.