Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry (5051 Views)

Why Are Ibo People So Connected To Their Village? / African Woman Living In American / What Are You? Yoruba, Ibo or Hausa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry by fstranger3(m): 2:47am On Mar 12, 2011
Why is there a dearth of talented rappers of Ebo extraction in the world famous American Rap scene. So far it seems that only Yoruba people ( Wale, Chammilloniare and his brother, and Dbanj to name just a few) are breaking into mainstream American rap, our Ibo brothers have so far been left behind unfortunately.

Could it be that, like Nigeria did to Biafrans/Ibos during/with the Civil war, and like Forbes recently did with the release of their latest world's richest list, American Rap, and by extension, the American people, has singled out the great Ibo race  for wanton discrimination?

What can be done to correct this anomaly.

PS: constructive comments only. wink smiley
Re: Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry by Nobody: 2:54am On Mar 12, 2011
You forgot Naija boyz (Yoruba) tongue But we so nice we add Igbos to our music grin jk

[flash=400,400]http://www.youtube.com/embed/03yHPKmLXO4[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03yHPKmLXO4&feature=player_embedded

I so loff this new remix. . . .  so Yoruba. . . .put more Yoruba in it jor kiss kiss

[flash=400,400]http://www.youtube.com/embed/t2orOcKB_SA[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2orOcKB_SA&feature=feedu

But you see the Igbo trynna copy the Naija boyz grin grin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyWn7tNc7wo

Like wtf is this?
Re: Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry by Justcash(m): 3:13am On Mar 12, 2011
Can't you stay a day without being pinched to look into Igbo affairs? Ok, Yorubas are rapping. Good and so what? What is the business of Igbos if Yorubas rap more?
fstranger3, you need some help. believe me, one day you will run insane and the only thing you'll be muttering will be,"I can't stop being envious of Igbos".

Anyway, just to show you how shallow your research is, check out a certain boy called Chiddy bang. There are many more Igbos like him, if you need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McRgkE_vgjU&feature=player_embedded
Re: Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry by macjive01: 3:20am On Mar 12, 2011
see your head, (im not seriously joining issues with u on this cos its all a laff, right? ). now u hav answered yes,

1, How about Mr Neyo <b>chimere</b> okoro

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry by fstranger3(m): 3:28am On Mar 12, 2011
^^^

Ibo people tryna claim again oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Holly Molly, Always stealing other people into their wretched ethnic group.

Isnt Obama and hhis wife Ibo?

Angel: A lot of the visitors want to know if you have any Nigerian Ancestry,
Ne-yo:: Nigerian ancestry? Not that I know of.
Angel: yeah a lot of people asked that.
Ne-yo: I’m black and Chinese.
Angel: Oh okay,

http://concreteloop.com/interviews-neyo

Who else do you want to claim? P-diddy, sounds like P-square, Ibo? wink
Re: Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry by macjive01: 3:31am On Mar 12, 2011
check wikipedia or google. the black , igbo parentage no be black again?
Re: Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry by fstranger3(m): 3:32am On Mar 12, 2011
Wikipedia is not a credible source

Would you know him more than he knows himself

He said he isnt Nigeria, na by force to be Ibo?
Re: Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry by Nobody: 3:35am On Mar 12, 2011
grin grin grin "
Re: Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry by macjive01: 3:37am On Mar 12, 2011
and chamillion na naija ? both are both and bred in America, they re Americans not Nigerians but for our eyes we know who dem be , right?

based on that for argument sake neyo na Igbo Nigerian
Re: Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry by fstranger3(m): 3:41am On Mar 12, 2011
macjive01:

and chamillion na naija ? both are both and bred in America, they re Americans not Nigerians but for our eyes we know who dem be , right?
based on that for argument sake neyo na Igbo Nigerian

Is this a new strategy or what?

He said he his from Lagos, Nigeria and from his name Seriki, it is obvious he is Yoruba. What else do you want, dumbo?

Again, do you know him more than he knows himself? STFU and let someone more sensible than you post. cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3Vx9DLg26o

1 Like

Re: Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry by Justcash(m): 3:46am On Mar 12, 2011
Effed up-stranger3, go and get a life. Your envy for Igbos is eating you up. What else can warrant your devotion to Igbo issues. Always seeking for ways to prove that Yorubas are better than Igbos. Funny enough, it is those that are better that makes the less noise. Ode.
Re: Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry by naijaking1: 3:51am On Mar 12, 2011
@poster
Obviously, you don't have it together, if not then there is no reason to focus on shopping mall rappers when Igbos are already in the main stream US Hollywood Industry.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-589870.0.html

Educate your dumb self cool
Re: Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry by henry101(m): 3:52am On Mar 12, 2011
fstranger3:

Why is there a dearth of talented rappers of Ebo extraction in the world famous American Rap scene. So far it seems that only Yoruba people ( Wale, Chammilloniare and his brother, and Dbanj to name just a few) are breaking into mainstream American rap, our Ibo brothers have so far been left behind unfortunately.

Could it be that, like Nigeria did  to Biafrans/Ibos during/with the Civil war, and like Forbes recently did with the release of their latest world's richest list, American Rap, and by extension, the American people, has singled out the great Ibo race  for wanton discrimination?

Your condition is pathetic.
You need more than help.
Re: Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry by fstranger3(m): 3:53am On Mar 12, 2011
naijaking1:

@poster
Obviously, you don't have it together, if not then there is no reason to focus on shopping mall rappers when Igbos are already in the main stream US Hollywood Industry.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-589870.0.html

Educate your dumb self cool

Dont derail the thread.

You ability to comprehend simple English is worrisome. For improved comprehension, reduce your daily akpu intake. Do that now, you can take me later.
Re: Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry by henry101(m): 3:58am On Mar 12, 2011
fstranger3:

^^^

Ibo people tryna claim again oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Holly Molly, Always stealing other people into their wretched ethnic group.

Isnt Obama and hhis wife Ibo?

Who else do you want to claim? P-diddy, sounds like P-square, Ibo? wink

Like WTF,
Go ask Becomrich, Lol,
He also claimed Michael Jackson,
Re: Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry by Nobody: 4:05am On Mar 12, 2011
fstranger3:

Could it be that, like Nigeria did to Biafrans/Ibos during/with the Civil war, and like Forbes recently did with the release of their latest world's richest list, American Rap, and by extension, the American people, has singled out the great Ibo race for wanton discrimination?

I think the poster should get a life and stop this obsession of anything igbos,what rap gotta do with ur nation inability to progress?what is ur quota towards the success of ur country?its the likes of u that pull nigeria backwards with ur unwanton tribalism,

Re: Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry by Nobody: 4:07am On Mar 12, 2011
fstranger3:

Could it be that, like Nigeria did to Biafrans/Ibos during/with the Civil war, and like Forbes recently did with the release of their latest world's richest list, American Rap, and by extension, the American people, has singled out the great Ibo race for wanton discrimination?

I think the poster should get a life and stop this obsession of anything igbos,what rap gotta do with your nation inability to progress?what is your quota towards the success of your country?its the likes of u that pull nigeria backwards with your unwanton tribalism,
Re: Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry by fstranger3(m): 4:08am On Mar 12, 2011
^^^^

Good job. . . after how many tries? 10?

You should be slaughtered for the sake of Nigeria's progress, No?
Re: Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry by Nobody: 4:11am On Mar 12, 2011
fstranger3:

^^^^

I dont blame you for ur caveman utterances,but i blame the factors that surrenders you when u are growing up, the timidity of ur mind and the stagnancy of your overself,
Re: Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry by Justcash(m): 4:14am On Mar 12, 2011
@Fstranger3, going by your use of "Ebo" and "Ibo" to refer to Igbos, one can as well use "Yo oru ebo" or "Yoruebo" to refer to your ethnicity, afterall that is the historical source of the name of your ethnic group.
Re: Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry by OAM4J: 4:15am On Mar 12, 2011
Warrior himself grin grin

The Balogun of Nairaland grin grin grin

my salutation! grin
Re: Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry by Nobody: 4:15am On Mar 12, 2011
fstranger3:

^^^^

Also try to surround yourself with reasonable and matured people,who have grown above ur current state of mind,instead of focusing on abnormalities.
Re: Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry by fstranger3(m): 4:32am On Mar 12, 2011
obuekwe:

Also try to surround yourself with reasonable and matured people,who have grown above your current state of mind,in[b]stead of focusing on abnormalities[/b].

You mean, I am supposed to be cheering you up when there isnt really anything spectacular about your people?

I am not your mother you know nor am I your middle-school teacher. I am not here to make you feel good. As a matter of fact, I am here for just one reason, to make you, and your ilk, feel really really bad about yourself, if possible, up to the point of suicidal. I do believe that the less Igbos we have in Nigeria, the better and more prosperous Nigeria would become. cool
Re: Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry by Nobody: 4:36am On Mar 12, 2011
fstranger3:

You mean, I am supposed to be cheering you up when there isnt really anything spectacular about your people?

I am not your mother you know nor am I your middle-school teacher. I am not here to make you feel good. As a matter of fact, I am here for just one reason, to make you, and your ilk, feel really really bad about yourself, if possible, up to the point of suicidal. I do believe that the less Igbos we have in Nigeria, the better and more prosperous Nigeria would become. cool
I have better things to do than to be trading banters with a lowlife like you, again you should get your retard mind checked by a doctor,because you dont seem complete as a human ,

Re: Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry by fstranger3(m): 4:37am On Mar 12, 2011
Justcash:

@Fstranger3, going by your use of "Ebo" and "Ibo" to refer to Igbos, one can as well use "Yo oru ebo" or "Yoruebo" to refer to your ethnicity, afterall that is the historical source of the name of your ethnic group.

Whats ya problem, lil bro?

Nna no make me ves oooooo

How is it my problem, what stupiddd name you chose to call yourself. If you like, call yourself Akata, I dont effing care. Attack the message and leave the messenger outta this shyyt

Igbo people, also referred to as the Ibo(e), Ebo(e),[9][16][17] Eboans[18] or Heebo[19] (Igbo: Ndị Igbọ) are an ethnic group living chiefly in southeastern Nigeria

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igbo_people
Re: Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry by fstranger3(m): 4:37am On Mar 12, 2011
obuekwe:

So whats your message exactly?
Re: Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry by Nobody: 4:38am On Mar 12, 2011
fstranger3:

I have better things to do than to be trading banters with a lowlife like you, again you should get your not-so-smart person mind checked by a doctor,because you dont seem complete as a human ,
Re: Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry by Kilode1: 4:39am On Mar 12, 2011
obuekwe:

I dont blame you for your caveman utterances,but i blame the factors that surrenders you when u are growing up, the timidity of your mind and the stagnancy of your overself,

WTF??!! shocked

This bros don over-vex forget grammar grin grin grin

nothing do you jare cheesy
Re: Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry by fstranger3(m): 4:40am On Mar 12, 2011
^^^^

That is exactly why they are having difficulty breaking into mainstream American rap cool
Re: Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry by AljUche: 4:42am On Mar 12, 2011
fstranger you self

you too they look for this people's trouble smiley

why not bring and article that celebrates ndigbo or make ndigbo good just for once smiley

abi na only them dey 9ja
Re: Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry by Kilode1: 4:46am On Mar 12, 2011
@Fstranger, I don laugh tire.  grin grin

Abeg take Alj Uche's advice .
Re: Ibo People In American Rap Music Industry by Nobody: 4:50am On Mar 12, 2011
Alj Uche:

fstranger you self

you too they look for this people's trouble smiley

why not bring and article that celebrates ndigbo or make ndigbo good just for once smiley

abi na only them dey 9ja
I dont care about tribes or race,i am a proud igbo dude who also happens to be black first and had experienced the racism associated of been black, when a lazy fellow who dont have any other things to keep his mind busy but circles around tribes,it makes me wonder at the voidness of such mind.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Origin Of Osun Osogbo Festival / Why Are African Women Jealous Of Interracial Couples / French Palace: Only French Is Allowed On This Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.