Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

My Husband Is Your Husband, Vote For Him’ Says Dame Patience Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Husband Is Your Husband, Vote For Him’ Says Dame Patience Jonathan (1227 Views)

‘my Husband Is Gay, He Masturbates In My Presence’ – Former Minister’s Daughter / Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 / Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Is Your Husband, Vote For Him’ Says Dame Patience Jonathan by EKONGKING: 2:31pm On Mar 13, 2011
Wife of the President, Dame Patience Jonathan, yesterday told Nigerian women to see her husband Dr Goodluck Jonathan as their husband as well and vote for him.

She said Jonathan has promised affirmative action in which women would occupy 35 percent of available political positions, which she said he would certainly fulfill.

She urged women to reciprocate by voting en-masse for Jonathan because one good turn deserves another.

Mrs. Jonathan spoke at the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) women rally at the packed Tafawa Balewa Square, Lagos.

[b]She said: “My dear women, if we love our husbands, let us come out and vote for Jonathan and Namadi Sambo. They are intellectuals and they are the best for Nigeria.”

The venue was a mixed beehive of activities. Various women groups within the PDP, dressed in uniformed attires, danced to music provided by local musicians that accompanied them.

They sang songs of victory for President Jonathan.

There were also heated arguments and small fights among them over the sharing of campaign materials.

The main gates of the square were manned by soldiers and the police, with an anti-bomb squad placed on standby.

Trumpets blared amidst a cacophony of sounds and Mrs. Jonathan’s voice resonated on the loud speakers.

She said her husband had done enough to deserve continuing in office.

Queues, she pointed out, have disappeared from petrol stations, electricity supply has significantly improved and federal roads are receiving the required attention.

Besides, she said additional federal universities have been established under President Jonathan.

But it was mixed fortunes for some of the women as hoodlums (known as area boys) had a field day.

The hoodlums went about the streets surrounding the square in groups, snatching bags and mobile phones from mostly women, who screamed in helplessness.[/b]
A gorgeously dressed woman who stood just by the Catholic Mission Street waiting for her driver got a shock.

The area boys snatched her blackberry phone and ran away.

She stood shell-shocked, crying. When her driver came, she slammed her handbag on the window and screamed at the driver for not arriving earlier.

Mrs. Jonathan had last Friday met with women professional bodies and associations at an interactive dinner. Though billed to start at 7pm , the programme did not start until 9pm. The women’s patience was stretched even as the dinner came even much later. The long speeches and dancing did not help matters.

She said: “I urge you to vote for credible candidates in the forthcoming election. The Goodluck/Sambo ticket offers you this opportunity. A vote for them is a vote for unity.

“Be rest assured that every vote will count. When you vote, please do not go home. Stay and make sure every vote counts.”

The PDP National Women Leader, Hajiya Inna Ciroma, said it was time for women to invest their time and resources in politics like the men, and not be on-lookers.

She added: “We need to support one another. You need to support us by casting your votes so that when we want to make a case for women, we can confidently say that women have contributed. You need to trust us because we’ll be there for you.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/politics/30596.html
Re: My Husband Is Your Husband, Vote For Him’ Says Dame Patience Jonathan by Eltonluigi(m): 2:46pm On Mar 13, 2011
Mrs Umblerra lol!
Re: My Husband Is Your Husband, Vote For Him’ Says Dame Patience Jonathan by Blazay(m): 2:49pm On Mar 13, 2011
This woman and her "My fellow widows" figures of speech again? undecided
Does she ever shurrrup?
Re: My Husband Is Your Husband, Vote For Him’ Says Dame Patience Jonathan by MeGaStReEt: 2:58pm On Mar 13, 2011
AND WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT??

4Q u poster
Re: My Husband Is Your Husband, Vote For Him’ Says Dame Patience Jonathan by juman(m): 3:04pm On Mar 13, 2011
Yes to ODUA nation
Re: My Husband Is Your Husband, Vote For Him’ Says Dame Patience Jonathan by BabaEleko(m): 5:22pm On Mar 13, 2011
Blazay:

This woman and her "My fellow widows" figures of speech again? undecided
Does she ever shurrrup?

Una no go kill pesin oooooo grin grin grin grin
Re: My Husband Is Your Husband, Vote For Him’ Says Dame Patience Jonathan by Kilode1: 6:46pm On Mar 13, 2011
But it was mixed fortunes for some of the women as hoodlums (known as area boys) had a field day. The hoodlums went about the streets surrounding the square in groups, snatching bags and mobile phones from mostly women, who screamed in helplessness.

A gorgeously dressed woman who stood just by the Catholic Mission Street waiting for her driver got a shock.

The area boys snatched her blackberry phone and ran away.

Lol, Women emancipation area boys style. . .

I forsee more security for our Women as they continue to support PDP   undecided
Re: My Husband Is Your Husband, Vote For Him’ Says Dame Patience Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 8:07pm On Mar 13, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Ohakim Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Okorocha / Will Nigeria Ever Actualise Vision 20-20 / Why Nddc Scholarship Is A Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.