Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,759 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera (8486 Views)

Nigerian Pilot Loses Life To Explosive After Raid On Boko Haram Group. Photos / Masquerade’s Followers Kill Islamic Cleric In Abeokuta / FG To Tackle JAMBS Another Boko-Haram Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by Bintus2much(m): 1:34am On Mar 14, 2011
Nonviolent Muslim cleric killed in Nigeria

MAIDUGURI, Nigeria -- Witnesses say a Muslim cleric who spoke out against sectarian violence has been killed in a northeastern Nigerian city beset by religious clashes.

Witnesses say Imam Ibrahim Ahmed Abdullahi was shot to death Sunday night by a group of men believed to belong to Boko Haram, a radical Muslim sect that operates in the city.

Witnesses told The Associated Press that Abdullahi died after the gunmen jumped out of a sport utility vehicle at his tree-shaded mosque in a quiet Maiduguri neighborhood and attacked.

Boko Haram, which means "Western education is sacrilege" in the local Hausa language, has attacked churches, killed a gubernatorial candidate and engineered a massive prison break in recent months.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/03/13/AR2011031302923.html
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by Nobody: 1:57am On Mar 14, 2011
I guess the cleric did trespassed, which aided his trice killing.
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by Osama10(m): 1:59am On Mar 14, 2011
These people are so violent. angry
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by saintneo(m): 2:01am On Mar 14, 2011
may his soul rest in peace. he is a champion and a martyr.
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by ekubear1: 2:02am On Mar 14, 2011
Out of curiosity, is the language of day-to-day speech in Borno state Hausa? When did this happen (In the early 1900s it must have been Kanuri, no?)?
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by Bintus2much(m): 2:03am On Mar 14, 2011
zameen:

Was he preaching against the sect or what caused his killing?

THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION IS OBVIOUS IN THE ARTICLE. HE SPOKE AGAINST ANY FORM OF VIOLENCE THAT IS SPONSORED BY A SECT OF ANY KIND AND BOKO HARAM HAPPENS TO BE ONE OF SUCH SECTS.
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by Nobody: 2:04am On Mar 14, 2011
Is just a pity how innocent people have been killed this days. Nigeria is becoming a country where you can't speak out your mind.
If you do speak against injustice act, they will threaten or kill the person and nothing will come out of it. No citizen protection,
fear everywhere. Am a Nigerian and am against violence, BOKO HARAM can kiss my ass and born in hell.
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by SisiKill1: 2:20am On Mar 14, 2011
kevdada:

Is just a pity how innocent people have been killed this days. Nigeria is becoming a country where you can't speak out your mind.
If you do speak against injustice act, they will threaten or kill the person and nothing will come out of it. No citizen protection,
fear everywhere. Am a Nigerian and am against violence, BOKO HARAM can kiss my backside and born in hell.  
Is becoming?
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by slap1(m): 2:21am On Mar 14, 2011
May he find the peace he preached, amen! Why would people who dislike Western education drive an SUV, wear clothes and use guns?
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by Osama10(m): 2:22am On Mar 14, 2011
Help me ask them.

They are definitely sick in their abunna.
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by AljUche: 2:28am On Mar 14, 2011
hmmmmmm undecided

jonathan need to take boko haram to saudi for education just like he did for mend and took them abroad angry
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by Nobody: 2:35am On Mar 14, 2011
saintneo:

may his soul rest in peace. he is a champion and a martyr.
Martyr? Did anyone  died along with him?
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by comechop(m): 2:38am On Mar 14, 2011
madness
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by CrazyMan(m): 2:45am On Mar 14, 2011
I wonder what’s the problem with Muslims; why they hate peace so much.
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by Sagewood: 2:51am On Mar 14, 2011
The Federal and Borno State governments have failed the peace loving citizens and residents of that State. What an irony as the motto of the State is "Home of Peace." The govt of GEJ remains spineless and unable to deal with irritants and home grown terrorist groups like the so-called BOKO HARAM. Where are the security forces? Bombings everday and no end in sight.
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by desholah(m): 2:58am On Mar 14, 2011
[size=20pt]This is a pure evidence/clear to those who believe Boko Aram is just a subsidiary of Muslims . . . .Please always think with your senses and not with your fingers . . . , This has just revealed Boko Aram a non-muslim organization and not attributed to Islam in any way!!![/size]
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by Nobody: 3:00am On Mar 14, 2011
CrazyMan:

You must be crazy as your name implies. Cos every body knows that BOKO HARAM is against the teachings of ISLAM.
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by JomoGbomo2(m): 3:01am On Mar 14, 2011
@ Crazyman so you don't wonder much, it was a muslim that was killed by other supposedly "muslims" when he told them what they are doing is wrong. I think it shows that one of the parties want peace and the other does not. why generalize?
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by desholah(m): 3:06am On Mar 14, 2011
CrazyMan:

If your parent can't pay for your fee so that you go back to school and learn how to read ,I can pay the fee, . . . undecided

Are you blind or acursed undecided

I'm sure you suffering from addiction.
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by itodoho(m): 3:11am On Mar 14, 2011
a very sad occurence. one wonders if this is a religious thimg afterall
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by Blazay(m): 3:48am On Mar 14, 2011
Boko Haram, which means "Western education is sacrilege" in the local Hausa language, has attacked churches, killed a gubernatorial candidate and engineered a massive prison break in recent months.

Very brave people I must confess.
Only in Nigeria.
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by Nobody: 4:32am On Mar 14, 2011
Who cares, hes a Muslim live by sword die on sword
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by AljUche: 4:40am On Mar 14, 2011
REALITY101:

Who cares, hes a Muslim live by sword die on sword

can you stop typing crap on the internet

so if he is Muslim, does that mean he needs to die angry angry angry

what sword are you talking about angry
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by Johnpaul2k2(m): 4:57am On Mar 14, 2011
Must muslim ways of reacting always involve killings
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by AljUche: 4:59am On Mar 14, 2011
Johnpaul2k2:

Must muslim ways of reacting always involve killings

another senseless post angry
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by Nobody: 5:13am On Mar 14, 2011
Alj Uche:

can you stop typing crap on the internet

so if he is Muslim, does that mean he needs to die angry angry angry

what sword are you talking about angry

Can you stop quoting crap on the internet. I am talking about 9/11 does that ring a bell? Well sorry I hate Muslims. . . I have the right to hate right?
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by AljUche: 5:18am On Mar 14, 2011
REALITY101:

Can you stop quoting crap on the internet. I am talking about 9/11 does that ring a bell? Well sorry I hate Muslims. . . I have the right to hate right?

come on stop reasoning like a mole undecided

so because of some extremist, it means all muslims are extremist undecided see ypur reasoning here, makes no sense
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by Nobody: 5:27am On Mar 14, 2011
Alj Uche:

come on stop reasoning like a mole undecided

so because of some extremist, it means all muslims are extremist undecided see ypur reasoning here, makes no sense

Insulted ignored. . . .

@topic may his soul roast in hell. . .
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by Blazing99: 5:47am On Mar 14, 2011
The Borno state government needs to begin a full time war against Boko Haram else dumb killings like this wud keep making front pages
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by Nobody: 6:03am On Mar 14, 2011
A muslim who know his onion should tell me why they are all about violent? Why do muslims like violence? Why do they revenge at the slightest provocation? Is Islam Truly a Peaceful religion?, I am sick of these Muslims Extremist, or fanatics, Everyone one who in involve in instigating violence and killing of Innocent people, may trailer wey no get brake crush you all to DEATH, Amen.
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by InkedNerd(f): 6:09am On Mar 14, 2011
@OP: Oh my shocked. My condolences to his family.
Re: Boko Haram Group Killed A Muslim Cleric In Northeastern Nigera by collinsJn(m): 6:32am On Mar 14, 2011
D Truth Is Dat I 've Ceen Gud MUSLIMS Dat Do Not Condole Such WICKED Act Of Violence,But Diz EXTREMIST,I Wonder ??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Umahi Set To Empower Widows / Frozen Account: Eleme Petrolchemicals Accuses EFCC, FBN Of Disobedience To Court / Pressure Mounts On Secondus To Withdraw Court Case Over PDP Chairmanship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.