Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,542 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare (4486 Views)

7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! / Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here / Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare by 10cirenoh: 11:42pm On Mar 15, 2011
Former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Malam Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai has stated why he is supporting the presidential ambition of Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) candidate General Muhammadu Buhari.The former Minister also debunked media reports that there were moves to reconcile him and Malam Nuhu Ribadu, the Action Congress of Nigeria’s (ACN) presidential candidate.

In an exclusive interview he granted LEADERSHIP, El-Rufai, said, “My belief is that the Buhari-Bakare ticket is the strongest because it addresses the concern of Nigerians for an inclusive and balanced ticket of two very strong and competent individuals. It shows greater capacity, track record and evidence of proven ability than the other candidates, to tackle what I consider to be the five most important challenges facing most Nigerians in 2011, which are insecurity and inadequate justice, infrastructure deficits - power, roads, railways, ports, etc. Unemployment and youth hopelessness, collapse of government institutions and corruption, and collapse of public services, particularly education and healthcare. It is the only ticket that has published a detailed manifesto with clear deliverables, timelines and commitments. The others are either promising nothing in writing (PDP and ANPP) or just unrealistic platitudes (ACN) e.g. 30 million jobs and 5 million homes? -are they kidding?

On his previous stand on Buhari’s presidential ambition, he also argued, “What I had against Buhari (and IBB) running was their relatively advanced age and fact that they were presidents 25 years ago. I felt they should be elder statesmen and leave the stage. My objection had nothing to do with the competence or capacity to be president. With the choice of Bakare and Buhari’s message of inclusion and teamwork, I have dropped my objection. In any case, I think the issue for me is that the B-B ticket is simply the strongest amongst the four we have to choose from. We have all witnessed what Jonathan can do or not do within the last one year. Nuhu is my close friend and I know his strengths as well as his limitations. Shekarau is just running because he can. O nly Buhari has an agenda, clear message and track record of getting real things done in his public life. Bakare’s track record of social and activism, his courage and integrity and community service are well known to me and superior to that of all the other “running mates”.

http://www.leadershipeditors.com/ns/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=27030%3Ael-rufai-why-im-standing-by-buhari--bakare&catid=51%3Acover-stories&Itemid=101
Re: El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare by OAM4J: 11:52pm On Mar 15, 2011
Any Nigerian that choses to be objective and not allow sentiments to rule his/her thinking will come to the same conclusion.

The fact remains, BB ticket is the best we have for now, sentiments aside.

Thank you El=Rufai, every support and vote counts.
Re: El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare by 10cirenoh: 12:24am On Mar 16, 2011
Sane people know the truth!
Re: El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare by hakanai(m): 12:26am On Mar 16, 2011
BB for life !!!!! grin
You have my vote
Re: El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare by AljUche: 12:31am On Mar 16, 2011
el rufai, join the progressives cheesy cheesy cheesy

sai buhari bakare 2011

sai buhari bakare 2011

sai buhari bakare 2011 cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

imagine jonathn using efcc to threaten you just because you no dey vote for am
Re: El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare by leonaidas(m): 1:07am On Mar 16, 2011
Great minds think alike.
Re: El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare by vigasimple(m): 2:06am On Mar 16, 2011
The North are coming together as we know they will do when it comes to the Presidency of Nigeria, they are 'born to rule'

Is Yar A'dua more competent than GEJ, where are all these people when Yar a'dua was in office and away for several months, after all a Cow from the North can rule over Southern mugus.

All the NLPF people will soon line behind Bhuari, IBB has done so, Ribadu, Shekaru etc, I am suprised, hell no. out of our nation 50 years independence, the North has been the President 'accidentally' for 34years?  maybe we are incompetent in the south or we like to give others our birth right, and then start to complain.
Re: El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare by macjive01: 2:58am On Mar 16, 2011
9 months ago, the majority of the nation and the world at large was for GEJ but over this time, week after week, month after month, at times even day after day, he has clearly shown us how clueless and ODEcious he is, why should we vote him still?

to continue asking us to pray for terrorist ?

lets not even talk abt the woman to represent us as the first lady. umblellera my arse.
Re: El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare by TNUBU4LIFE: 6:00am On Mar 16, 2011
El-Rufai was Nuhu's rival and I recall when considerations were being made for who to fly the ACN flag,Ribadu's track record was far ahead of his,Ribadu does not have as much political baggage as El-Rufai and expectedly,he is bound to feel this way.For a man who raised a very salient issue about the age of these two B's and then thinking it is not important shows that he is somewhat hasty in his analysis of issue,it is still possible that this remark of his new found love is hasty as well.I am sure he has not even read Ribadu's manifesto,yet he hastily wrote him off and still claim to be his 'friend' shocked shocked

RIBADU-FOLA ADEOLA'S TICKET TOWERS ABOVE ALL.
VOTE RIBADU-FOLA ADEOLA,they are the best!
Re: El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare by 10cirenoh: 8:13am On Mar 16, 2011
Go and cast your vote here

vote for your preferred presidential candidate.

http://risenetworks.org/

Its from channelsTV
Re: El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare by GOZILLA(m): 11:41am On Mar 16, 2011
every day buhari,buhari buhari!! u na no dey tire?! angry
Re: El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare by salykely(m): 12:04pm On Mar 16, 2011
BB FOR LIFE, THE RECORD is there, LET BE PRAGMATIC GEJ IS OBJ's BOY. WELCOME MALLAM NASIRU EL RUFAI
Re: El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare by sheriffman(m): 12:08pm On Mar 16, 2011
While I respect Rufai's choice to support BB team I how ever wish to state that I am convinced that the Ribadu team has the best potentials to move the country forward.One cannot wish away the support the BB Team is getting but then my prayer is for the best team to win this election and definitely the best team is not GEJ's.
Re: El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 16, 2011
GOZILLA:

NO! WE NO GO TIRE! UNTIL PDP LEAVE NIGERIA FOR US!

BB 2011 - INSHA ALLAH!
Re: El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare by TruthHeals: 12:15pm On Mar 16, 2011
Nice one, el rufai. This is one man that speaks the truth regardless of whose ox is gored.
BB all the way.
Re: El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare by egift(m): 12:20pm On Mar 16, 2011
GOZILLA:

Until victory is achieved. Buhari 2011 - God biko grant us this wish in Jesus name we pray
Re: El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 16, 2011
Welcome aboard sir grin

The Buhari / Bakare train is picking up speed!!

Elections cannot however be won on the Internet, Buhari supporters must work very hard to campaign in their towns and villages as we do not have the resources available to PDP.
Re: El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare by ekea2001: 12:29pm On Mar 16, 2011
Uncle Joe said no one should rig for him. Sai GEJ !
Let him do his best and leave the rest to God's decision.
Re: El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare by 10cirenoh: 12:39pm On Mar 16, 2011
We no go tire until BB enter that ASO rock!!!
Re: El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare by lonewolf: 12:42pm On Mar 16, 2011
It does appear that Buhari has the clearest agenda. Jonathan has been President for a year and has demonstrated that he is not only clueless, but inept as well. Buhari's track record speaks for itself. His inclusion of Bakare on the ticket is a clear signal that he intends to be inclusive.

I urge all Nigerians to look closely at the candidates and vote for Buhari/Bakare. This should not be an issue of tribal or religious sentiments. Facts are facts. After all, I am a Yoruba.
Re: El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare by BigPhil(m): 12:52pm On Mar 16, 2011
@GenBuhari,Well done,It was one of your post on BB2011 that made me change my mind about voting for Ribadu after weighing the con and pros,I came to the conclusion that he is the change that we need in Nigeria.

I have previously show great apathy and disdain to elections in Nigeria,But since i joined the BB2011 campaign It has been relentless campaign at every opportunity that I get.

Like I said in my previous posts and as repeated here by El-Rufai,GEJ had more that one year to show what he can do or not do.The verdict is out,he has been a colossal and umitigated failure.

Nigerians,over this past weeks have been through some fundamental soul searching and self introspection and the verdict all over the land is that we need to put and end to that leaking umbrella.

We should not relent but make the final push,Victory beckons.

Sai Buhari/Bakare.
Re: El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare by Pappij: 1:02pm On Mar 16, 2011
TNUBU4LIFE:

El-Rufai was Nuhu's rival and I recall when considerations were being made for who to fly the ACN flag,Ribadu's track record was far ahead of his,Ribadu does not have as much political baggage as El-Rufai and expectedly,he is bound to feel this way.For a man who raised a very salient issue about the age of these two B's and then thinking it is not important shows that he is somewhat hasty in his analysis of issue,it is still possible that this remark of his new found love is hasty as well.I am sure he has not even read Ribadu's manifesto,yet he hastily wrote him off and still claim to be his 'friend' shocked shocked

RIBADU-FOLA ADEOLA'S TICKET TOWERS ABOVE ALL.
VOTE RIBADU-FOLA ADEOLA,they are the best!

Your opinion of El-Rufai is your opinion and no matter how flawed it is, it is your opinion. Your name however indicates your affinity for corruption and big fatherism. Ribadu-Adeola could have been a good ticket but for the political baggage of Tinubu over their heads!my opinion though.

Vote BB, detribalised and progressive Nigerians believe in this, so should you. cheesy
Re: El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare by Pataki: 1:33pm On Mar 16, 2011
Well done El-Rufai.

They shall all be coming to their senses one by one.

Another of my facebook buddies in Nigeria who is a staunch GEJ fan, has just repented of his addiction right now.

The train is marching on and we shall all witness a NEW NIGERIA filled with CHANGE!

BB2011.
Re: El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare by baslone: 2:45pm On Mar 16, 2011
All OVER!!!!!!!!!!
Re: El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare by Johnpaul2k2(m): 2:58pm On Mar 16, 2011
let's call the result shocked
nairaland Black Berry
Nigeria in General , Gej
and He must win
one Question
Must North always have the best Candidate? ,Let's tell ourselves the truth
GEJ is Good but Hausas doesn't want to stop enjoying all the national benefits
PATHETIC grin
Re: El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare by dayokanu(m): 3:46pm On Mar 16, 2011
Johnpaul2k2:

let's call the result shocked
nairaland Black Berry
Nigeria in General , Gej
and He must win
one Question
Must North always have the best Candidate? ,Let's tell ourselves the truth
GEJ is Good but Hausas doesn't want to stop enjoying all the national benefits

PATHETIC grin

Is GEJ the best that can even come out of his Local Government?

Minus Politics, GEJ would be one of the least intelligent adult in any random gathering.

Let the SS give us someone like Donald Duke and I personally would support him.

But GEJ? a MEND spokesman, who come add extreme mumurity join him own?

God forbid

BB2011 All the way
Re: El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare by Teejayz(m): 3:56pm On Mar 16, 2011
I sat and asked myself how long are we going to continue suffering from corrupt practices of our past and even present leaders? 12years ago i was just 12yr old,when the OBJ govt got to aso rock and his influence still prevails in this current govt. Am not saying GEJ is not good,but he has got the usual thieves in his campaign train and this is not good for nigeria. Countless times GEJ couldn't address the JOS CRISIS OR EVEN THE BOKO HARAM disturbance of peace in North-east nigeria, GEJ couldn't even give us a documented manifesto; he only kept saying "NO NIGERIAN WILL ANYMORE QUEUE UP AT THE FILLING STATION TO BUY FUEL;WE WILL BUILD FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES IN EACH STATE.'' for heavens sake GEJ, NIGERIA'S problem is more than just fuel price and education. Well to cut this story short,all we need is a fearless and incorruptible leader who has been there and has felt the pains of his fellow country men. Guys am with BB all the way. Join hands together and uproot corruption from Aso rock, bye bye to PDP. SAI BUHARI/BAKARE
Re: El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare by omo9ja1(m): 4:45pm On Mar 16, 2011
hmmmm another cleaver politician El-rufai he knew that BB will come out with something the guy has shift ground quickly
Re: El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare by Homonide: 5:33pm On Mar 16, 2011
Mr El rufai is no doubt a shrewd and fast thinker, he has realized dt Buhari stands a fair chance of winning in a free and fair election, so he's doing the sensible thing any sensible Nigerian politician would do.
Re: El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare by Johnpaul2k2(m): 5:57pm On Mar 16, 2011
Homonide:

Mr El rufai is no doubt a shrewd and fast thinker, he has realized dt Buhari stands a fair chance of winning in a free and fair election, so he's doing the sensible thing any sensible Nigerian politician would do.
HE SUPPORTED HIM because
NORTH NORTH THING
Re: El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare by dayokanu(m): 6:08pm On Mar 16, 2011
Aint you supprting GEJ for the same reason?

South South thing?
Re: El-rufai: Why I’m Standing By Buhari – Bakare by ObamaUS: 6:49pm On Mar 16, 2011
The day Goodluck lost this election was the day he chose SAMBO as the vice president.
If he had chosen RIBADU or ELRUFAI,He would have just won this election by landslide.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NSCDC Boss Escape Assassination Attempt By Police Inspector / Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather / 105 Soldiers Killed By Boko Haram Maybe Buried Secretly By The Military - HURIWA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.