Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,170 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) (18226 Views)

Buhari, Saraki At International Islamic Conference (Pics) / Jonathan At OIC Summit With Leaders From Islamic Countries (photo) / Nigeria History with the "Organization Of Islamic Conference (oic)" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) by Beaf: 1:38am On Mar 16, 2011
[size=14pt]Buhari and the Islamisation Project for Nigeria[/size]
What follows below are excerpts from various weighty articles from academia. They are words not to be taken with any levity, I leave you to contribute and expand the knowledge bank, research further and make up your mind. Its chilling stuff, read on:

It is part of the history of Nigeria, that General Olusegun Obasanjo, as the successor of General Murtala had problems with pushing through, the Islamization Plan of Murtala. The believers in Murtala's Islamization Plan in the Supreme Military Council, Shehu Yar'Adua, Babangida and Buhari were not powerful enough to push the plan through. They had problems with the avid defenders of the secularism in the Supreme Military Council led by the Service Chiefs {General TY Danjunma (Army), Commodore Isa Doko (Airforce) and Rear Admiral Adelanwa (Navy)}. Tinkling with what the Constituent Assembly approved was what General Obasanjo's regime could do and it did precisely that

Prof. Omo Omoruyi

Research Fellow
African Studies Center
Boston University
Boston, MA, USA

http://www.nigerianpeoples.info/fw-enyimba-please-read-an-article-by-omo-omoruyi

Although Babangida took the rap for Nigeria's sneaky upgrade to full membership of the Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC), according to a study on Nigeria funded by the US Defense Department in the early 1990s, it was actually Buhari who without any regard whatsoever for the sensibilities of Nigerians of other faiths, submitted the application to upgrade Nigeria's membership from the observer status it had enjoyed since the Gowon regime to full membership. The OIC's review of the application was concluded after Babangida's palace coup. Rather than reverse Buhari's action, Babangida quietly allowed Nigeria's new status as a full-fledged member of the OIC to stand. Buhari's OIC action exposed him as a religious zealot, who will have no qualms in rousing and ginning up Sharia issues, quiescent for several years now, following its aggressive unveiling in Zamfara, where Buba Bello Jangebe's wrist was amputated for stealing a cow, and Safiya Husseini was sentenced to die by stoning for adultery while her co-participant in the act was not prosecuted because he was male.

-Matthew Uzukwu, Ph.D.

http://nigeriaworld.com/articles/2010/dec/171.html

The move by Nigeria to join the Organization of Islamic Conference (O.I.C), initiated by Buhari and amplified by Babangida,
also almost tore the nation apart. General Babangida, whose regime was welcomed because of his restoration of the freedom
of speech after the days of Buhari/Idiagbon, shocked many Nigerians with this development. It was ironic that many of the
key members of his government who were Christians claimed to be ignorant of such move

- Clarion University of Pennsylvania, Clarion, Pennsylvania

http://www.jsd-africa.com/Jsda/V12No5_Fall2010_A/PDF/Religious%20Politics%20and%20its%20Implications%20for%20Sustainable%20Development%20(Familusi).pdf

Very Interesting Titbits
But the period of General Babangida (1985-1993) represented the beginning of unmitigated Islamization of Nigeria. General Babangida was one of the loyal followers of General Murtala. This was why General Babangida took the fateful decision in 1986 to face the Nigerian Christians in particular and Nigerians in general with the plan of Muslims. He without the approval of the governing organs of the Federal Military Government organized a mission led by a non-member of the Government, the Sultan of Sokoto to formally admit Nigeria into the Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC). When the Chief of General Staff, Commodore Ubitu Ukiwe complained that he knew nothing about it and definitely said that he could not remember the matter coming to the Armed Forces Ruling Council (AFRC), he was shown his way out. The Christians took it. The Christian leaders bought the plan of the Military President to keep them talking under the auspices of a 20-man panel to 'examine the implications of the country's full membership of the organization'. This was a diversion and the Christians were victims. This was not all.

Prof. Omo Omoruyi

Research Fellow
African Studies Center
Boston University
Boston, MA, USA

http://www.nigerianpeoples.info/fw-enyimba-please-read-an-article-by-omo-omoruyi

1 Like

Re: Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) by AljUche: 1:42am On Mar 16, 2011
guy give up grin
Re: Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) by Adelaide2: 1:49am On Mar 16, 2011
Its as simple as ABC. A vote for Buhari= consolidation of Nigeria in the OIC
Reject religious bigots now.
Re: Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) by naijaking1: 1:52am On Mar 16, 2011
Good research job.
Re: Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) by Beaf: 1:54am On Mar 16, 2011
^
Thanks, dude.

Alj Uche:

guy give up grin

Do you think everything is a light matter? You amaze me!
Here is proof that it was Buhari that got us into the Organisation of Islamic Conference (OIC) without consulting anyone. All the time, they had an Islamisation plan, Buhari started to fulfill it, but was overthrown by his fellow gang member IBB, who actualised it.

Buhari is a proven sharia zealot. If I were you, I would research the posted links.
Re: Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) by AljUche: 1:58am On Mar 16, 2011
Beaf:

Do you think everything is a light matter? You amaze me!
Here is proof that it was Buhari that got us into the Organisation of Islamic Conference (OIC) without consulting anyone. All the time, they had an Islamisation plan, Buhari started to fulfill it, but was overthrown by his fellow gang member IBB, who actualised it.

Buhari is a proven sharia zealot. If I were you, I would research the posted links.

remember you have brought this out before and it has been ironed out for you

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-586305.0.html

beaf

do you know [size=18pt]buhari's wife is a christain[/size] undecided

i bet you did not know that did you

1 Like

Re: Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) by AljUche: 1:59am On Mar 16, 2011
why do you think he picked a pastor undecided
Re: Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) by AljUche: 2:00am On Mar 16, 2011
buhari congratulate the christains in kaduna a north state

http://allafrica.com/stories/201007140298.html
Re: Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) by AljUche: 2:02am On Mar 16, 2011
buhari's dirver is even a christain
Re: Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) by Beaf: 2:05am On Mar 16, 2011
^
Buhari's wife is a Muslim, stop telling lies. Tell us her name, I dare you. lol.

@topic
Even the stoning of GEJ's convoy by CPC thugs has religious symbolism to extremists, because to them, in Islam, stones are the weapon of the righteous in the fight against evil.
Buhari is running a very explosive campaign indeed. There are text messages floating all over Northern Nigeria, urging people not vote for GEJ, who they term an enemy of Islam and a Zionist; people are urged instead, to vote for Islam and protect their religion. Its evil.
Re: Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) by timbuktwo: 2:06am On Mar 16, 2011
while i admire the time and effort you go into researching all of your posts you really do spend too much time on here trying to influence people who won't/can't vote.

ironically, given our ethnic make-up and inec figures, about 60% of people who WILL actually vote probably agree with all of the above.

either way you've wasted a lot of time for nothing. sorry pall.
Re: Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) by AljUche: 2:18am On Mar 16, 2011
Beaf:

^
Buhari's wife is a Muslim, stop telling lies. Tell us her name, I dare you. lol.

@topic
Even the stoning of GEJ's convoy by CPC thugs has religious symbolism to extremists, because to them, in Islam, stones are the weapon of the righteous in the fight against evil.
Buhari is running a very explosive campaign indeed. There are text messages floating all over Northern Nigeria, urging people not vote for GEJ, who they term an enemy of Islam and a Zionist; people are urged instead, to vote for Islam and protect their religion. Its evil.
[flash=300,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JITI0dRDjD4[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JITI0dRDjD4
Re: Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) by Beaf: 2:19am On Mar 16, 2011
timbuk two:

while i admire the time and effort you go into researching all of your posts you really do spend too much time on here trying to influence people who won't/can't vote.

ironically, given our ethnic make-up and inec figures, about 60% of people who WILL actually vote probably agree with all of the above.

either way you've wasted a lot of time for nothing. sorry pall.

100% is a much better figure.
Re: Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) by timbuktwo: 2:38am On Mar 16, 2011
@ beaf

either way, whether it's 100% 60% or just 10 people, it's a non-issue. i don't think the nuances of our OIC "membership" is deserving of a place in the list of this country's top 100 biggest problem. what we should be talking about are the candidate's positions on corruption, power, economy, blah blah blah.

using religion to manipulate the masses (as you are doing here) is a tactic loved by bigots and fundamentalists. are you actually scared of Islam? do you hate really just hate Muslims? why do so many of your posts play heavily on racism, tribalism and hatred? are you actively trying to incite fear and anger in your fellow Nigerians? such a shame.

1 Like

Re: Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) by naso2(m): 2:49am On Mar 16, 2011
timbuk two:

@ beaf

either way, whether it's 100% 60% or just 10 people, it's a non-issue. i don't think the nuances of our OIC "membership" is deserving of a place in the list of this country's top 100 biggest problem. what we should be talking about are the candidate's positions on corruption, power, economy, blah blah blah.

using religion to manipulate the masses (as you are doing here) is a tactic loved by bigots and fundamentalists. are you actually scared of Islam? do you hate really just hate Muslims? why do so many of your posts play heavily on racism, tribalism and hatred? are you actively trying to incite fear and anger in your fellow Nigerians? such a shame.

will you shut that mouth of yours if you have nothing to say? Its only christians that are admonished not to consider these things. Turn it around and present a "zionist" and tell the abokis that it doesnt matter.

If you dont know this country enough , improper handling of religious matters can jeopardise everything---- power, corruption etc.

1 Like

Re: Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) by Beaf: 2:53am On Mar 16, 2011
timbuk two:

@ beaf

I'm guessing you don't live in Nigeria? OIC membership is extremely important to Nigeria, moreso when our constitution decrees a separation between religion and state. It doesn't matter what that religion is, Ifa, Christianity, Islam, whatever.
It takes a small mind not to see these things.

About your shrill and fevered claims about racism and whatever, check my profile statistics. There's a graph there to rubbish you. On the other hand, I wonder if you are a closet bigot who is scared that the tools of bigotry are being exposed. That might be why you completely avoided every hard hitting factual point in the article to do a myopic analysis of my person. . . If you can't defeat 'em, beat 'em up! Lol, its just that I've got bigger muscles.

Buhari took us into the OIC. Is that not a fact?

1 Like

Re: Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) by timbuktwo: 3:03am On Mar 16, 2011
na_so:

will you shut that mouth of yours if you have nothing to say? Its only christians  that are admonished not to  consider these things. Turn it around and present a "zionist"  and tell the abokis that it doesnt matter.

do you even know what the OIC is? what it means? what it actually entails? better still, tell me how it actually effects YOUR day to day life.

If you dont know this country enough , improper handling  of religious matters can jeopardise everything---- power, corruption etc.

it can only effect this country if you have a simple-minded/fanatical attitude towards religion. i couldn't care less about whether nigeria was a member of OIC, UN, Commonwealth or whatever, it's not important. there are far bigger things for Nigerians to concern themselves with at the moment. only bigoted people will kick up this fuss over a non-issue. are you a bigot? are you a fanatic? and are you suggesting by your above statement that the rest of the country also ad-hears to your bigoted way of thinking?
Re: Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) by Beaf: 3:13am On Mar 16, 2011
timbuk two:

it can only effect this country if you have a simple-minded/fanatical attitude towards religion. i couldn't care less about whether nigeria was a member of OIC, UN, Commonwealth or whatever, it's not important. there are far bigger things for Nigerians to concern themselves with at the moment. only bigoted people will kick up this fuss over a non-issue. are you a bigot? are you a fanatic? and are you suggesting by your above statement that the rest of the country also ad-hears to your bigoted way of thinking?

So, its all about personality and avoiding the debate? Crazy stuff! grin
You shouldn't be in the politics section. Politics is about soceity and communities, not "I", "me", "you" etc. Your Worldview is too narrow.

Buhari took Nigeria in the OIC. True or false? Thats the topic. lol!
Re: Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) by timbuktwo: 3:14am On Mar 16, 2011
Beaf:

I'm guessing you don't live in Nigeria? OIC membership is extremely important to Nigeria, moreso when our constitution decrees a separation between religion and state. It doesn't matter what that religion is, Ifa, Christianity, Islam, whatever.
It takes a small mind not to see these things.

About your shrill and fevered claims about racism and whatever, check my profile statistics. There's a graph there to rubbish you. On the other hand, I wonder if you are a closet bigot who is scared that the tools of bigotry are being exposed. That might be why you completely avoided every hard hitting factual point in the article to do a myopic analysis of my person. . . If you can't defeat 'em, beat 'em up! Lol, its just that I've got bigger muscles.

Buhari took us into the OIC. Is that not a fact?

it only "matters" because our past leaders have made us believe that it "matters" in an attempt to rule and manipulate us. religion is a massive weapon in a poor and developing nation and has been used successfully as such. the funny thing is that you are constantly harping on about fresh air this and fresh air that and yet you are adopting the exact same political tools our past leaders have used to manipulate your fellow countryman.

as to your comments on secularism, what exactly does that have to do with OIC? is turkey not a member of OIC? is turkey not secular.

1 Like

Re: Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) by Nobody: 3:23am On Mar 16, 2011
The only thing we should be afraid of, is Fear itself, hence I'll vote for good governance i.e I'll vote for BB
Re: Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) by timbuktwo: 3:25am On Mar 16, 2011
Beaf:

So, its all about personality and avoiding the debate? Crazy stuff! grin
You shouldn't be in the politics section. Politics is about soceity and communities, not "I", "me", "you" etc. Your Worldview is too narrow.

Buhari took Nigeria in the OIC. True or false? Thats the topic. lol!

oh, i'm sorry if i've left you behind buddy but the debate moved onto more pertinent issues ie, what is the problem with OIC membership? how it effects the everyday life of a nigerian? and why are prominent members of nigerian society forever looking to use religion as a means to an end?

your debate was rather simplistic and boring. but i'm sure the bigots and fundamentalists of the forum lapped it up.
Re: Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) by Nobody: 3:26am On Mar 16, 2011
the pro gej thugs are getting more desperate with each passing day   cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

better get back to the beer parlour to peddel your lies

we all remember that gej's father ibb is responsible for a sharia university- another insane lie posted by pro gej thugs

BB2011!!! the last chance for nigeria
Re: Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) by Chyz2: 3:27am On Mar 16, 2011
Beaf, good research. Keep up the good work. It 's no secret that Buhari has an islamic agenda. GEJ's convoy being stoned in various northern states is not a coincidence.
Re: Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) by Beaf: 3:28am On Mar 16, 2011
^
Thanks, dude.

timbuk two:

it only "matters" because our past leaders have made us believe that it "matters" in an attempt to rule and manipulate us. religion is a massive weapon in a poor and developing nation and has been used successfully as such. the funny thing is that you are constantly harping on about fresh air this and fresh air that and yet you are adopting the exact same political tools our past leaders have used to manipulate your fellow countryman.

as to your comments on secularism, what exactly does that have to do with OIC? is turkey not a member of OIC? is turkey not secular.

Dude, we need Fresh Air 2011 to rid the place off the stale smell of baboons that see religion as a political tool, and plan to Islamise Nigeria through the backdoor.

For the umteenth time, Buhari took Nigeria in the OIC. True or false? Thats the topic, deal with it and stop dodging, ducking and diving. cool
Re: Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) by naijaking1: 3:56am On Mar 16, 2011
Alj Uche:

buhari's dirver is even a christain

oh really
ibb's wife too was a muslim? One of those conqured christian girls who followed Hausa army go home, and then were forced to convert to islam.
Re: Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) by egift(m): 6:52am On Mar 16, 2011
What has Jonathan or others before him done about our OIC membership? And what organization have he registered? Or you think nothingness is achievement?
Re: Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) by Jakumo(m): 7:00am On Mar 16, 2011
Our man Beaf remains The Keeper of the Flame, whose flickering light will shine to expose the past and present ugliness of Ayatollah Buhari Bin Laden, even as it illuminates the path to a Nigeria FREE from the repression, fear and loathing that epitomises all Buhari and his fellow Islamic fundamentalist terror advocates represent.
Re: Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) by Genbuhari3: 7:22am On Mar 16, 2011
Funny enough, the propaganda against Buhari keep increasing and yet the popularity in nairaland and on the street keep increasing, it has no mathematical explanation, when change is imminent, it happens and explanations can only be sought later.

Jakumo, Beaf and all the GEJ Almajiris. Keep the fire burning!
Re: Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 16, 2011
Buhari will never rule Nigeria again.
Simple.
Re: Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 16, 2011
Jakumo:

Our man Beaf remains The Keeper of the Flame, whose flickering light will shine to expose the past and present ugliness of Ayatollah Buhari Bin Laden, even as it illuminates the path to a [b]Nigeria FREE from the repression, fear and loathing [/b]that epitomises all Buhari and his fellow Islamic fundamentalist terror advocates represent.

pass some of that ish you're smoking - it must be seriously mind altering if you actually believe that a GEJ administration is a good thing for this country despite all the clear and irrefutable evidence to the contrary
Re: Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) by Lagosboy: 9:26am On Mar 16, 2011
Beaf:

^

@topic
Even the stoning of GEJ's convoy by CPC thugs has religious symbolism to extremists, [b]because to them, in Islam, stones are the weapon of the righteous in the fight against evil.[/b]Buhari is running a very explosive campaign indeed. There are text messages floating all over Northern Nigeria, urging people not vote for GEJ, who they term an enemy of Islam and a Zionist; people are urged instead, to vote for Islam and protect their religion. Its evil.

Guy please i beg you for God sake, you have a right to support and vote for GEJ, you have a right to speak bad against Buhari but constructing lies and speaking dergaotory about islam is disgusting and uncivilised. Even your principal GEJ would never say such thing, how can you say throwing of stones are weapons of righteousness in islam. What is the basis for such nonsensical wild allegations is it the jamarat stoning or what? Dude your statement is offensive to muslims and would be better to retract it.
Re: Explosive! Buhari, Nigeria And The Organization Of Islamic Conference (OIC) by Jakumo(m): 9:30am On Mar 16, 2011
oyb:

pass some of that ish you're smoking - it must be seriously mind altering

Ha ha I know your type, Oyb, who, in response to the greeting " Hi ", responds by saying " I wish I was."

On a serious note, mass murdering Islamist tyrant Buhari Bin Laden will naturally FAIL yet again to get his grubby paws into the Nigerian state treasury, as he always does, and that, at least for the time being, is good enough for all freedom loving people in Nigeria and beyond.

Similarly, incumbent President Johnny B Goodluck need not be remembered as the George Washington of the Nigerian federation, but, whatever his perceived imperfections may be, he is, first and foremost, bonefide a SON OF THE NIGER DELTA - the nation's constantly-replenishing cash-register for the past half century, whose people have suffered in neglect for long enough, and who must now be recognized  as kith and kin to a Nigerian president, for the entire uninterrupted duration of Johnny B.Goodluck's upcoming second term as Number One Citizen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Emmanuel Egwu Rejects Cattle Colony In Kogi / 2019 Elections: Boko Haram Plans Attack, US Warns Citizens / Saudi-born Nigerian Charged With Terrorism In The U.S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.