Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? (5607 Views)

APC Will Address All Issues Of Human Rights Abuses By Gov.Wike– Oyegun / I Will Address Certificate Scandal On Wednesday; 9am (Tomorrow)- Buhari / “Jonathan Will Win 2015 Election But Be Cut Short” – Prophet Emmanuel Nwazuo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by CyberG: 2:20am On Mar 16, 2011
I have been hearing about this woman until I Youtube'd it. Would you be proud if the foremost lady who speaks for you as a Nigerian delivers an address anywhere outside Nigeria and she spoke like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxdwkzVGz48&feature=related
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by mamagee3(f): 2:28am On Mar 16, 2011
Has this issue not been discussed numerous times?

Patience Jonathan is an illiterate that needs to go back to school and learn English.

Her speeches are a disgrace to Nigeria and her territories. . .What a bad representative for our country!!!

1 Like

Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by CyberG: 2:35am On Mar 16, 2011
I appreciate you guys commenting but do not just abuse her for the sake of it. If she were a private citizen, many of you and I would not care. However, she will "represent" you and I everywhere in the world. This is much the same thing Michelle Obama and wives of other presidents do and when it comes to her turn to give and address, speak or answer questions from reporters (local and foreign), she talks like this?

This is certainly not good enough and we should hold our "leaders" to higher standards in everything because their wives have a lot of influence on their points of view and how we are judged as Nigerians wherever they speak.
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by MeGaStReEt: 2:39am On Mar 16, 2011
CyberG:

I appreciate you guys commenting but do not just abuse her for the sake of it. If she were a private citizen, many of you and I would not care. However, she will "represent" you and I everywhere in the world. This is much the same thing Michelle Obama and wives of other presidents do and when it comes to her turn to give and address, speak or answer questions from reporters (local and foreign), she talks like this?

This is certainly not good enough and we should hold our "leaders" to higher standards in everything because their wives have a lot of influence on their points of view and how we are judged as Nigerians wherever they speak.

What if she cant speak english at all?
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by AljUche: 2:39am On Mar 16, 2011
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by CyberG: 2:57am On Mar 16, 2011
One of the biggest roles of a leader is to communicate. If she cannot communicate in English (the official language of Nigeria since colonial days), then she didn't learn it or she cannot learn it or she refused to learn it. In any case, it is a reflection of not just incompetence but utter stupidity if she can't speak properly and has not brushed-up ever since her husband was Deputy Governor of Bayelsa. Regardless, this is not the kind of person I want to speak for Nigeria anywhere because this is really disgraceful. If Nigerians think her communication is so pathetic, imagine when she speaks to a group of people from all over the world? This is the only thing some people may know about Nigeria and they will form an opinion of us, generally: if this is the wife of their President, then he must be as dull and if your president is this dull, most Nigerians must be worse than him!
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by MeGaStReEt: 3:00am On Mar 16, 2011
CyberG:

One of the biggest roles of a leader is to communicate. If she cannot communicate in English (the official language of Nigeria since colonial days), then she didn't learn it or she cannot learn it or she refused to learn it. In any case, it is a reflection of not just incompetence but utter stupidity if she can't speak properly and has not brushed-up ever since her husband was Deputy Governor of Bayelsa. Regardless, this is not the kind of person I want to speak for Nigeria anywhere because this is really disgraceful. If Nigerians think her communication is so pathetic, imagine when she speaks to a group of people from all over the world? This is the only thing some people may know about Nigeria and they will form an opinion of us, generally: if this is the wife of their President, then he must be as dull and if your president is this dull, most Nigerians must be worse than him!

hmmm tew much wahala for this world
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by ekubear1: 3:43am On Mar 16, 2011
It is pretty embarrassing, but honestly not a dealbreaker. I have more serious concerns about GEJ than his wife.
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by loma(m): 3:52am On Mar 16, 2011
Listen to 6:55-7:02
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by loma(m): 3:56am On Mar 16, 2011
7:26-7:30
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by NaijaNile: 11:58am On Mar 16, 2011
i dont understand u guys, GEJ didnt set out to be President as we all know, so there's no way he could have prepared for the office by making sure his wife speaks well. Credit to him though, he stuck to his wife unlike some ppl we know who abandoned the wives of their youth for professional 1st ladies. This even portrays GEJ as a well brought up person, grounded with correct home training. Make una leave d woman she will improve. She is the wife of his youth and GEJ will not abandon her now in his time of glory after all the suffering of many years.
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by cap28: 12:05pm On Mar 16, 2011
did you hear the one about the umblera:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYsIBNHuJvQ&feature=related
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by Ekpoma1: 12:08pm On Mar 16, 2011
Very sad. If it were 2 be are accent only, that would have been better bt her mistakes is worrisome. She should try think b4 she talk instead of talk b4 she think.
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by Becomrichn: 12:13pm On Mar 16, 2011
ch
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by turboman(m): 12:20pm On Mar 16, 2011
CyberG:

I have been hearing about this woman until I Youtube'd it. Would you be proud if the foremost lady who speaks for you as a Nigerian delivers an address anywhere outside Nigeria and she spoke like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxdwkzVGz48&feature=related

Stale new. All Nigerian's do is condemn, condemn, condemn, condemn, and condemn; Nobody ever comes up with a solution. This Mrs. Jonathan's issue has lingered for too long, its better you come up with a reasonable advise/solution for her than to keep condemning. This wrong approach is a major reason why there is no progress in this country
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by seguno2: 12:27pm On Mar 16, 2011
Does anyone know the wife/wives of Buhari?
Who has seen Ribadu's wife/wives?
What role are the wives of other presidential candidates playing in their campaigns?
Did anyone see Shagari's wife/wives while he was president?
What was the role of Tafawa Balewa's wife/wives when he was president?
How is this a function of the cultural/ethnic dichotomy between the North and the South in Nigeria?
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by Newscaster: 12:29pm On Mar 16, 2011
CyberG:

So, to prevent this, Nigeria should insert it into her constitution that, for anyone to qualify for the post of the Nigerian President, his must hold a Master degree in English Language, she must be slim and presentable like Victoria Beckham, she must be a fashion icon like Oluchi and she must be as tall as Goliath and speak better English than the Queen of England - anyone whose wife does not possess the above qualities does not qualify to run for the office of the President of Nigeria.

Is this so? and during the campaign, the wife must also speak to members of the public so she can be judged to be qualified or not, even though we know the post of the President's wife doesnt have a constitutional provision. So - take this to the national assembly sir. Nairaland is not the right place to say it.
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by Wadosky(m): 12:30pm On Mar 16, 2011
I don't think english is a must for every citizen of this country,our firstlady can speak her native dialet and get an interpreter
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by turboman(m): 12:45pm On Mar 16, 2011
If our leaders decide to quarantine their wife/wives to avoid such embarrassing rhetorics from the people, the same gender equality champion amongst us would still scream.

I though marriage is based on love 
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by Ericology(m): 1:23pm On Mar 16, 2011
NaijaNile:

i dont understand u guys, GEJ didnt set out to be President as we all know, so there's no way he could have prepared for the office by making sure his wife speaks well. Credit to him though, he stuck to his wife unlike some ppl we know who abandoned the wives of their youth for professional 1st ladies. This even portrays GEJ as a well brought up person, grounded with correct home training. Make una leave d woman she will improve. She is the wife of his youth and GEJ will not abandon her now in his time of glory after all the suffering of many years.

Sharaap, nobody wants GEJ to divorce his locing wife,, what we all ask for is for him to reduce the chances of de wife dropping UN banned cluster bombs everywhere she goes by limiting her outings and letting professionals do more of the campaigning while his wife waves and blows kisses at the crowd,
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by batiatus(m): 1:28pm On Mar 16, 2011
she is d 1st lady abi. Wetin person go do naw. Make she carry on. She is just being herself.
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by robin707(m): 1:50pm On Mar 16, 2011
They say the difference between a rat and a squirrel is a good publicist. A good publicist is what Mrs. Jonathan needs, if only she is humble enough to accept this fact, perhaps she should try and see the movie "The King's Speech". That should help as well.
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by kasiem(m): 1:54pm On Mar 16, 2011
what ribadus and bbs wives? Where are they hiding? Even bb cant even speak eloquently. So, u guys shld stop being jealous
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 16, 2011
It is so amazing how post on the president wife keeping coming to the front when we dont even know where Buhari and Ribadu wife's are.I guess as malam they have not decided among the 4 wives that would be the first lady
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by Pataki: 2:09pm On Mar 16, 2011
Acute display of mental deficiency by these pro-GEJ.

This is the same wife of the president acclaimed to have a Bachelor's degree, but yet goes about throwing away grammatical bullets.

A woman not educated enough has no business announcing her ignorance and gross under-development in nation building. Let her remain in the kitchen confines where her as*s is of most admirable.
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by PeeDaVinci: 2:13pm On Mar 16, 2011
the office of the first lady is not in our law/constitution in the first place, meaning that, jonathan would do better by not imitating his predecessors and creating that office. she will do well by running a proper non-governmental organisation. can anybody remember the first/last time you heard the voice of david cameron, gordon brown, tony blair's wife

by the way, i heard she is a graduate too?? a disgrace to our educational system!
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by frgy1: 2:18pm On Mar 16, 2011
Ozin:

It is so amazing how post on the president wife keeping coming to the front when we dont even know where Buhari and Ribadu  wife's are.I guess as malam they have not decided among the 4 wives that would be the first lady
Must there be a first lady ?
If the presidents wife can add value to the well being of the country , fine. If not , then she should stick to frying Fishes in his kitchen
Just one of the numerous avenues to embezzle money. Madam jonny has a MALE lady in waiting for God's sake. WTF is that for ?
The office should be scraped already.
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by peaceland(m): 2:25pm On Mar 16, 2011
for the person asking about bb's wife - i saw her on tv few days ago, looked a bit young, was reading a speech; falters a bit (in my opinion) but i would rate her a bit higher than dame patience. i have not heard/seen Mrs ribadu talked yet
i love Mrs Patience's spirit anyway she is quite bold.
i think if pastor tb joshua can do it; then she too can do it. she can imbibe mrs abdulsalam abubakar's spirit and become less of a public figure for a short time while she polishes her english; by the time she comes out in say 12 months she would be much more better. thank you
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by turboman(m): 2:47pm On Mar 16, 2011
Pataki:

Acute display of mental deficiency by these pro-GEJ.

This is the same wife of the president acclaimed to have a Bachelor's degree
, but yet goes about throwing away grammatical bullets.

A woman not educated enough has no business announcing her ignorance and gross under-development in nation building. Let her remain in the kitchen confines where her as*s is of most admirable.

Grammar and tertiary education (apart from very few courses) do not always go hand in hand. If they do, i wonder how most Indian n chinco student succeed in these UK institutions
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by Pataki: 2:56pm On Mar 16, 2011
turboman:

Grammar and tertiary education (apart from very few courses) do not always go hand in hand. If they do, i wonder how most Indian n chinco student succeed in these UK institutions
I really wonder what kind of graduates UK institutions are churning out these days. undecided So, your Patience Jonathan can be likened to Indian and Chinese women? Anyways, I already know not every pig living in the UK has sufficient grasps of logical reasoning in English language.
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by eghost247(m): 3:07pm On Mar 16, 2011
Wow,
Re: Is This How Dame Jonathan Will Address A Gathering? by bisiaet: 3:11pm On Mar 16, 2011
But I think we have seen this same thread over and over why is it coming up again??

Please let this woman be. All this sort of grammar issue is not relevant at all. Dame say this, she speak that, she is not educated and so on please let this woman be, she is just a human like us why all this unecessary hatred for this woman and her husband?

We have seen a lot of our past leaders  wives we know who speak well and not let all of us go down the road and check who and who speak well or not so Dame is not the only person who do not speak well so what make her case a big deal?

By the way till this moment a particular presidential aspirant who was once a millitary president I mean in person of Buhari till today where is his wife? Has anyone heard her address anybody ever before? Lets just let this woman be there is no need for all this unecessary pick on GEJ and his family this people has done no one any evil . I'm just a  bit pissed off of all this stuffs. No offense pls.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benjamin Adekunle Compulsory Retired From Nigerian Army For Drug Trafiking / JEPTFON Threatens Strike As Fuel Scarcity Looms / Richest Presidents In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.