|Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 1063354 members, 1237011 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2013 at 08:56 AM
|Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" by Lagos Boy: 9:04am On Mar 16, 2011|
Buhari steals show at Yuguda’s rally
By Armstrong Bakam
March 16, 2011 05:18AM
The presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change, Muhammadu Buhari stole the show at the official flag-off campaign of the Bauchi State governor, Isa Yuguda on Monday.
Shortly after his declaration, Mr. Yuguda had told thousands of his supporters who gathered at the campaign rally in Jama’are area to vote for President GoodLuck Jonathan in the general elections, but the entire crowd chanted, “We will vote for Buhari.”
According to Mr. Yuguda, who is the North East Zonal Campaign coordinator, GoodLuck/Sambo Campaign Organization, “The South has never failed to support us in the North in various elections. The North owes the South because for the past 50 years they have supported us which led to Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa becoming the First Prime Minister in Nigeria.’’ He continued, ‘’it was this support that also led to the emergence of Shehu Shagari as President of Nigeria. If they have supported us in these ways, why cant we give them this opportunity to also serve? President Goodluck has promised to serve for only one term as president’’ In a bid to convince the crowd to support his cause, he said further that ‘’the President has also promised to build Almajiri schools for the over 9.5 million Almajiris that we have in northern Nigeria as well as other developmental projects and programmes that we will enjoy in the north’’
No to Jonathan
But despite his attempts, the people, who were mainly PDP members, chanted, “we don’t want Jonathan, all we want is Baba Buhari. He is the candidate of our choice and we will vote for him alone’’.
Speaking earlier on his agenda for the state, Mr. Yuguda said his priority areas in the last four years included education and health said he will not relent in his efforts to deliver dividends of democracy to the people if reelected. He said he will provide more jobs, construct more roads, provide electricity.
In his remark, the PDP Deputy National Secretary, Musa Babayo reiterated the support of the national body of the party for Mr. Yuguda’s re-election bid: ‘’I won’t be wrong if I say PDP has already won the coming elections in Bauchi and throughout the country,” he said. “PDP is a party that stands for justice and fairness. That is why we want you to vote for PDP candidates so that they can deliver the dividends of democracy to you,” he added.
|Re: Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" by ebbymayox(m): 12:11pm On Mar 16, 2011|
CHANGE IS COMING TO NIGERIA.
PDP IS LOOSING IN EVRY AREA!
NAIJIRIA SAI BB!
|Re: Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" by debest1(m): 12:20pm On Mar 16, 2011|
"No to Jonathan
But despite his attempts, the people, who were mainly PDP members, chanted, “we don’t want Jonathan, all we want is Baba Buhari. He is the candidate of our choice and we will vote for him alone’’."
And how do we know they are PDP supporters? they write am for their heads? For all i know they could have been hired to further propagate the agenda of the anti-GEJ brigade
|Re: Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" by Becomrichn: 12:32pm On Mar 16, 2011|
the real truth is Jonathan can not win the north, he has to be honest with himself, he would loss the election. the only way he can win, is for him to drop sambo and offer a Yorubaman, the vice president. No matter who he pick from the north, he cant win. they would not vote for him. So his best choice is to give the Yorubas the vice president, this put him in the lead against buhari.
North prefer Buhari to sambo,
|Re: Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" by wesley80(m): 12:43pm On Mar 16, 2011|
And how does a crowd of a couple of thousands get to chant 'we dont want Jonathan all we want is Baba Buhari' in unison?. Safe to conclude its one of two things ie either this is one of 234's familiar horsesh*t or it was the handiwork of Buhari's plant a crowd agents.
|Re: Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" by batiatus(m): 1:02pm On Mar 16, 2011|
when it comes 2 d governorship race, they wil vote 4 yuguda but as 4 presidency they wil vote 4 buhari simple. Well yuguda tried 2 convice them but i tel u no amount of conviction wil work. Pls tell me wat reason do u think they wil hv 2 vote 4 GEJ.
|Re: Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" by Pappij: 1:16pm On Mar 16, 2011|
Waiting for same too!
|Re: Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" by baslone: 1:34pm On Mar 16, 2011|
You are beginning to make sense again!
|Re: Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" by Fhemmmy: 1:53pm On Mar 16, 2011|
Nigerians really want change . . . Hope the leaders are watching
|Re: Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" by Genbuhari3: 2:24pm On Mar 16, 2011|
First time the North West and North East will speak with one voice in an election. 29 million votes already! Minna and Nasarawa, Abuja will vote enblock in the North Central for BB. South west will be a battle ground and BB is already making inroads with people like us as foot soldiers. PDP can indeed lose an election
|Re: Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" by Jah Man: 2:26pm On Mar 16, 2011|
Buhari is my man and having my vote.
I am a Biafran and also aware that Buhari is from the North and his Vice from the West,but I do not care.
I am tired of this charade and corruption.
He is the only one aside God that I can trust to change things,atleast to a reasonable extent.
Ribadu is a charlattan and self-contradictory(Imagine dining with Tinubu).
|Re: Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" by Pataki: 2:30pm On Mar 16, 2011|
Genbuhari3:In fact am more than shocked right now. I saw the massive turnout of people for Buhari in Kebbi right now and I am still finding it hard that the North West and North East can be in one accord over this election.
I am waiting to see what it turns out to be in Lagos for next week!
Jah Man:God bless brov. Keep the fire burning on and spreading the flame around. Nigeria shall be great again.
|Re: Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" by eku_bear: 2:36pm On Mar 16, 2011|
Hrm. If I were in GEJs boots and as desperate as him. . . rig and siphon votes from Buhari to Ribadu, enough so that GEJ can win outright? Might not have to shift over more than 3-5%. I dunno how easy/difficult this would be to pull off though.
|Re: Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" by Two4Two(m): 3:11pm On Mar 16, 2011|
I and my family registered in Abuja and i tell you i will travel all the way from Lagos to Abuja to VOTE for Change and that change is Chief Muhammadu Buhari. I like his modest dispostion. PDP is a party full of gangsters. Just cast your mind back to the various election result annulled from state governors from Edo, Osun, Ondo, Ekiti etc all are the stolen mandate by PDP. Does this tell well of a political party that will lead us to Eldorado. I need your input fellow Nairalanders. Thank you.
|Re: Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" by Myself2(m): 3:18pm On Mar 16, 2011|
|Re: Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" by dayokanu(m): 3:37pm On Mar 16, 2011|
GEJ is on the way out
Nigerians reject Odechukwu
|Re: Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" by bayemibo: 3:44pm On Mar 16, 2011|
1. Our dear country Nigeria is in dire need of qualitative and substantive change from retrogression of the past twelve years under PDP to a future of progress, beginning from May 29 2011. This is what GMB represents and offers.
2. We are tired of broken promises and broken down infrastructure. The railways are gone, the shipping lines have disappeared, roads are dilapidated and the power situation is still epileptic after twelve years of wasted Billions of Dollars. GMB promises 15,000MW of electricity by 2015 and 50,000 by 2019.
3. We want somebody that will come and fix our roads and basic infrastructure. GMB plans to construct 3,000km of Superhighway including service trunks and build up to 4,800km of modern railway lines – one third to be completed by 2015.
4. We are tired of being ruled by the Party of Do or Die politics and politicians. GMB plays politics of persuasion and policy articulation.
5. We want to be free from the ‘nest of killers’ who can do anything for power. We need a peaceful polity as envisaged by GMB
6. We are tired of non-functional refineries. GMB is set to optimise their productions once again and initiate new ones with the private sector. He has done it before.
7. GMB will put a stop to the importation of 70% of our petroleum products when we can produce same.
8. We are tired of shameful and disgraceful importation of petroleum products. Prices will come down when GMB takes over on 29th May.
9. We need solution to our secondary school education decay where 70% failures are recorded and the PDP is audacious enough to seek our votes.
10. We are tired of the celebration of corruption by the PDP. They organised a party to welcome Bode George back from prison where he had been for the past two years for stealing.
11. We are tired of the PDP president spending 100 million Naira public funds daily for only presidential jets’ fuelling during campaigns while many Nigerians are hungry, jobless, homeless and hopeless.
12. We are tired of the negative image of a corrupt nation stamped on us by the PDP government’s twelve years of waste.
13. We are tired of a baby president who is completely clueless about the solutions to our problems. It is time to separate the boys from the men. It is time for GMB
14. We are tired of being ruled by stooges with godfathers pushing them like a barrow and telling them what to do at all times. We want a real self confident President.
15. We are tired of attempts at introducing third term through the back door.
16. We do not want a man who supported, funded and campaigned for third term.
17. We are tired of the chop I chop government of PDP. The public till is for all members of the Nigerian society and this is what GMB will ensure.
18. We are tired a president that is playing politics with University education. He announced new Universities to win votes, while the existing ones are barely effective.
19. We are tired of a government that cannot secure our lives and property. So many lives have been lost in Jos, Port Harcourt, Maiduguri, Bauchi, Okerenkoko, Ayakoroma, etc
20. We are tired of an illiterate government without an ideology, without social and political principles and without an understanding of society and governance.
21. We are tired of election riggers and government of thugs and ritualists.
22. We are tired of a government of cult men and Ogboni members.
23. We are tired of a president that says one thing and does exactly the opposite.
24. We are tired of a president that will brazenly rig his own party primaries with impunity and still go and beg for help from the same people.
25. We are tired of a president that blackmailed and arm-twisted fellow convoluted governors to win his party’s nomination.
26. We are tired of a president who inaugurated a presidential advisory committee (PAC) to advice him but later turns round to snub their patriotic advice.
27. We are tired of a president whose only qualification for the presidency is goodluck.
28. We are tired of an economy in comatose while the PDP government is in denial.
29. We are tired of a government that has borrowed more than $32bn in four years for no tangible course and is set to borrow more.
30. We are tired of a government that spends more than 30% of its 2011 budget to pay foreign debt. A government that makes foreigners rich and Nigerians poor.
31. We are tired of a PDP government that does not care about the welfare and wellbeing of the Nigerian people but is only pre-occupied with being in power for 100 years. WE NEED CHANGE.
32. GENERAL MOHAMADU BUHARI (GMB) is the answer and the change agent because he supervised and delivered our existing refineries as petroleum minister and Head of state.
33. He is set to entrench true federalism and fiscal federalism in the body politics of the Nigerian state.
34. He is predisposed to the restructuring of the Nigerian federation to achieve the above.
35. He is determined to achieve a proper devolution of power between the three tiers of government.
36. He strongly supports the removal of the immunity clause on criminal matters under which governors steal and kill.
37. He will make local councils more accountable to the people, by making them publish minutes of their meetings, service performance data and items of spending that exceed 10 million Naira.
38. He plans to reform and strengthen the judicial system for efficient administration of justice in the country. He remembers that the judiciary is the last hope of the common man.
39. He plans to create special courts for accelerated hearing of corruption, drug trafficking, terrorism etc., cases.
40. He will fight corruption in public office through strict enforcement of anti corruption laws. He did before, he will do it again.
41. He plans to create serious crime squads to combat kidnapping, armed robbery, militancy, and ethno-religious/communal clashes nationwide.
42. GMB supports the vociferous calls for state and community police and would work to establish the principle.
43. He plans to make Nigeria a liberal society by removing issues such as state of origin, tribe, ethnic and religious affiliations and replace them with only the principle of state of residence.
44. He plans to immediately embark on vocational training, entrepreneurial and skill acquisition scheme for graduates to tackle youth and graduate unemployment.
45. GMB will create two million new jobs by 2015 when he ends his tenure.
46. He will create two million new home owners by 2015 through a nationwide mortgage system.
47. He plans to put in place a N300bn regional growth fund for the development of the regions of the federation.
48. GMB has pledged to do only the bidding of the masses and honest Nigerians and not serve a small click of business men as they are doing in PDP.
49. He is set to restore faith in the Nigerian project so that no ‘Andrew’ will check out again.
50. He will strengthen INEC and reduce/eliminate electoral malpractices.
51. He will institute a process of full disclosure of government business to the public.
52. He will build the capacity of law enforcement officers to do their work effectively.
53. He will work to end acute poverty, inequality and insecurity in the country.
54. He is completely detribalised and has the reputation of being a bridge builder.
55. He is willing and able from day one and does not have to learn on the job like Lucky.
56. He is well loved by the people of Nigeria across the North, South, East and West.
57. He will fight for the welfare and well being of the people.
58. He has a wife that is quite and knows her place in the society unlike others who cannot draw a line.
59. GMB commands the respect of all political and traditional leaders in the country.
60. He will lead in accordance to the constitution and would not twist the constitution to favour his party or a narrow interest like they do in PDP.
61. He is set to restore hope and respect in politics so that more honest and decent people like you can go into it.
62. His driving philosophy in politics and governance is ‘knowledge is Power’.
63. Only GMB has the structure, personality, temperament and character to stop the drift in government and bring direction back to public administration.
64. What he did in road construction while in the PTF has not been matched by 12 wasted years of PDP who have squandered billions of naira building nothing.
65. As Head of state, taking over from the Pre-PDP government of Shagari, GMB reduced inflation from 23% to 4% in twenty months only.
66. In his regime, there was no single religious crisis unlike what we have today with PDP.
67. He put a final stop to the Maitasine sect in Kano. Today we have Mend, OPC, Boko Haram etc and the PDP is watching in amazement with.
68. As Head of state, he stamped out corruption in public office by making politicians to be held accountable for their actions while in office.
69. Hospitals and Universities in the country have not received more benefits from PDP than they did from PTF under GMB.
70. As former petroleum minister and former Head of state, GMB owns no oil block, no petrol station unlike the PDP presidents.
71. GMB is the answer because he has followership across the country which money cannot buy. Do you know that PDP pays people to attend their rallies?
72. He is the Leader of the Masses and the Talakawas. Mr. Integrity and Mai Gaskiya.
73. The oppressors and political gladiators fear him and love to stop him but the Masses love him and would do all in their might to steer him to victory.
74. He is very liberal in his religious beliefs and that was why he appointed a Pentecostal and Charismatic Pastor as his vice.
75. GMB is the only former Nigerian leader who does not own a house or Land in Abuja. Amazing!
76. He is the first Head of state to promote affirmative action for women in Nigeria by directing that all state cabinets must have female commissioners.
77. His achievements in twenty months as Head of state dwarf those of all who came after him especially the now ending inept and corrupt 12 years of PDP.
78. He is the most capable, competent and creative candidate in this years’ presidential election. He has been military governor, petroleum minister, Head of state and chairman Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF).
79. Many people do not know that it was while working with PTF that Dora Akunyili was discovered and it was because of her antecedents working with GMB that Obasanjo appointed her into NAFDAC. See what PDP has done to her reputation.
80. GMB from the outset has identified with the poor masses in all his endeavours. That’s why he is called the People’s general. Now he will be called the ‘People President’.
81. His main opponent identifies with the rich. His close friends include, Femi Otedola, Aliko Dagote, Jim Ovia, Jimoh Ibrahim, the Anyiam Osigwes, James Ibori, DSP Alamieyeseigha, Peter Odili, Ebitimi Banigo, Olusegun Obasanjo, Anthony Anenih, etc who all have one thing in common.
82. While GMB is being backed by the masses, others are being sponsored by the enemies of the masses.
83. No single money bag is bank rolling his campaign unlike the PDP.
84. GMB is the answer because as Head of state, he introduced the War Against Indiscipline (WAI) which gave birth to discipline, patriotism, the queue culture and the monthly sanitation exercise in Nigeria among other things.
85. GMB has never had a case with EFCC while some at the helms now will continue their case in EFCC when they leave office on May 29th 2011.
86. GMB will permanently solve the problem of violence in the Niger Delta originated by Lucky and his friends. Many people do not know the level of involvement of the PDP government in the Niger Delta crisis.
87. GMB represents change, hope, progress and honesty in Nigeria.
88. He is incorruptible.
89. He is honest, credible, hardworking and patriotic.
90. He loves Nigeria more than himself. This is evidenced in his dogged determination to fight for the masses the third time at the presidency.
91. He is a master strategist and organiser cum mobilize. He built with the masses a political movement into the fastest growing national political party in the world in less than two years.
92. He is from a humble background and worked his way to national recognition. He is set to do the same to millions of Nigerian youths who need Mentoring.
93. GMB represents the last set of the Murtala legacy and is set to ignite the sparks of that regime with actions and actions on all aspects of the polity with his team.
94. GMB was the only Head of state that devoted and committed more that 26% of the nation’s budget to education.
95. He is not anybody’s stooge. The third campaigners cannot claim same. Can they?
96. GMB is well respected and recognised by the international community as a committed anti-corruption crusader.
97. GMB discouraged drug trafficking when he was Head of state. The menace increased when he left office but will be banished again.
98. He is ready and willing to bring back confidence to Nigeria’s economy by tackling headlong the problems of insecurity and lack of infrastructure.
99. GMB is the answer to our problems now because he understands them and knows how to tackle them. The PDP is completely bereft of any idea on how to move our nation forward.
100. GMB He is the epitome of sincerity, honour, and integrity and will keep his promise to Nigerians, unlike those who cannot even keep a gentleman’s agreement in their party.
101. GMB IS THE ANSWER BECAUSE ONCE AGAIN NIGERIANS NEED HELP.
POSITIVE ACTION FOR SOCIAL JUSTICE (PASOJ)
|Re: Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" by honeric01(m): 3:48pm On Mar 16, 2011|
Open a new thread with this article okay?
I cannot but say this election is for Buhari to lose.
|Re: Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" by omo9ja1(m): 3:49pm On Mar 16, 2011|
the time for real change to happen is now
Nigeria will soon speak
|Re: Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" by Fidelo726: 3:53pm On Mar 16, 2011|
One thing about losers is that whenever they get a little ovation,they take it as a landmark
and shout the loudest.
|Re: Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" by sleekman(m): 4:05pm On Mar 16, 2011|
Nigeria Sai Buhari
|Re: Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" by Fidelo726: 4:05pm On Mar 16, 2011|
One thing about losers is that whenever they get a little ovation,they take it as a landmark
and shout the loudest.
|Re: Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" by Pappij: 4:37pm On Mar 16, 2011|
^^^ whats your point?
|Re: Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" by Crude Oil(m): 4:46pm On Mar 16, 2011|
What a facade!
|Re: Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" by eros(m): 4:58pm On Mar 16, 2011|
With all pleasure
|Re: Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" by 3kay945(m): 5:42pm On Mar 16, 2011|
p.d.p failed to give me ELECTRICITY, that is why am voting them OUT, SAI bb.
|Re: Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" by Kobojunkie: 5:46pm On Mar 16, 2011|
All this is great and all but we hope these people will go to the polls and cast the needed votes to see this change.
|Re: Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" by dayokanu(m): 5:52pm On Mar 16, 2011|
^^ You should be worried about Southerners.
The Northerners would vote en masse.
Dont be suprised to see 80-90% turn out in most Northern states if the weather is OK
|Re: Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" by Kobojunkie: 5:55pm On Mar 16, 2011|
^^^ You are right. I believe this was part why Yar adua won the 2007 election. More people in the south stayed home.
|Re: Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" by malali: 5:59pm On Mar 16, 2011|
|Re: Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" by Beaf: 6:06pm On Mar 16, 2011|
Chukwu means God. Desperation causes daftness.
|Re: Buhari Steals Show At Yuguda’s Rally. Pdp Crowd Chanted,“we Don’t Want Jonathan" by Beaf: 6:08pm On Mar 16, 2011|
Funny thing is those same people causing disruption will all fall in line on the day that matters, cos they are for sale. lol
Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health