Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,020 members, 7,806,997 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 (3194 Views)

Poll: Who Proceeds To The Quarter-Finals?

Chelsea: 86% (19 votes)
Copenhagen: 13% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Real Madrid Vs FC Copenhagen- UCL (4 - 0) On 2nd October 2013 / UCL: Real Madrid Vs Lyon [3 - 0] On March 16, 2011 / UCL : FC Copenhagen Vs Chelsea [0 - 2] On Tue 22nd February 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 by mukina2: 10:48am On Mar 16, 2011
PROBABLE LINE-UPS

Chelsea: Cech; Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Terry, Cole; Ramires, Essien, Lampard, Malouda; Torres, Anelka.

Copenhagen: Wiland; Kvist, Zanka Jorgensen, Antonnson, Wendt; Bolanos, Claudemir, Kristensen, Vingaard; Santin, N’Doye.

DID YOU KNOW?

-  Chelsea are aiming to reach the last eight for the fourth time in five years, having seen their record tarnished after crashing out to eventual champions Inter last term.

- The Blues have lost just one of their last 25 Champions League matches at Stamford Bridge.

- Nicholas Anelka has scored 10 in his last 11 Champions League starts.

- With 66 shots wide, Carlo Ancelotti’s men have hit more efforts either side of the post that any other team in the competition.

- Branislav Ivanovic is Chelsea’s only ever-present Champions League performer this term, having started every game in this year's tournament.

- With only seven to their name, Copenhagen have the joint lowest goal tally (alongside Manchester United) for teams that are still remaining in the tournament.

- The visitors also have the lowest average possession percentage of the competition’s remaining teams, averaging at 46 per cent.

- No Scandinavian side has ever won a Champions League knockout-stage match.

- Senegalese striker Dame N'Doye has committed 22 fouls, more than any other player still in the competition ahead of the second legs.

- Stale Solbakken’s side have secured 54 points in 21 league games so far this season, the highest ever total in the Danish Superliga at this stage of the campaign.

LAST MEETING

February 22, 2011: FC Copenhagen 0-2 Chelsea

A Nicolas Anelka brace put the visitors in the driving seat with a comfortable 2-0 win over the Danish champions.

Match
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 by sewa36447(m): 11:01am On Mar 16, 2011
Chelsea 3-1 Copenhagen. Torres will score for his first time today.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 by Nautillus(m): 11:04am On Mar 16, 2011
hope they win, up chelsea
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 by sley4life(m): 11:08am On Mar 16, 2011
who else. Blues will triumph
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 by switch47(m): 2:16pm On Mar 16, 2011
it is a case of a mumu team meeting another mumu team, it makes no difference which team progresses, Both teams are both useless to themeselves and to football fans in general. the team that goes through in this fixture will definitely be kicked out in the NEXT ROUND. so it is useless making predictions here, except that the two teams are in the same category- USELESS!!   cheesy cheesy when you win the rat race, you are still a rat.

i guess people are more interested in Real Madrid- Lyon. not a game between two yeye clubs that has no business playing in the UCL. wink wink
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 by codeb(m): 2:27pm On Mar 16, 2011
Tonite we take our rightful place in the last eight.
We are indeed the PRIDE OF LONDON!
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 by shagaman: 3:35pm On Mar 16, 2011
Shelseeeeeeeeeeeaaaa, 4-0
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 by vanlion(f): 3:38pm On Mar 16, 2011
it is a case of a mumu team meeting another mumu team, it makes no difference which team progresses, Both teams are both useless to themeselves and to football fans in general. the team that goes through in this fixture will definitely be kicked out in the NEXT ROUND. so it is useless making predictions here, except that the two teams are in the same category- USELESS!!   Cheesy Cheesy when you win the rat race, you are still a rat.

i guess people are more interested in Real Madrid- Lyon. not a game between two yeye clubs that has no business playing in the UCL. Wink Wink

Are you that stupid? Please are you among the leaders of 2moro? Please be constructive.So a team that has won trophy every year is useless.I woda what u want,maybe 6years without trophy is d best. Just go n sleep if u hv notin to say. Oloriburuku.  grin grin grin grin grin grin cool cool cool
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 by vanlion(f): 3:41pm On Mar 16, 2011
grin grin grin Swich47 u are complete OTONDO. Ur name said it all.Switch47 to anywhere on or off. Ashawo fan. grin grin grin
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 by bigfather(m): 4:38pm On Mar 16, 2011
switch47:

it is a case of a mumu team meeting another mumu team, it makes no difference which team progresses, Both teams are both useless to themeselves and to football fans in general. the team that goes through in this fixture will definitely be kicked out in the NEXT ROUND. so it is useless making predictions here, except that the two teams are in the same category- USELESS!! cheesy cheesy when you win the rat race, you are still a rat.

i guess people are more interested in Real Madrid- Lyon. not a game between two yeye clubs that has no business playing in the UCL. wink wink

Just like your usless team was bundled out ! grin grin
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 by AndreUweh(m): 5:29pm On Mar 16, 2011
sewa36447:

Chelsea 3-1 Copenhagen. Torres will score for his first time today.
Torres not starting.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 by switch47(m): 5:49pm On Mar 16, 2011
@ Thread
Yes it is a case of a mumu team playing against another mumu team and the result is inconsequential as the qualifying team out of these small teams will definitely be kicked out in the NEXT Round , when you win the rat race, you remain a RAt at the end.

@ Big father
Which team exactly are you refering to as my team? i am a fan of good football . if i must have a team i follow my club is located whwere i was born and bred and it is certainly not in Europe. that i have favourite clubs in Spain, England,Holland, and Italy does not shove on me the primary school Nigerian FAN mentality of i be Man united you be Liverpool shitt i really dont know how this madness enterd into the head of Nigerians, Ask a West Ham Fan based in London why he follows the club and he will give you a valid reason but ask for a example a glory hunting Nigerian Chelsea fan and he will tell you na becos we get money or na becos na we carry am last two years grin grin Pity!!
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 by AndreUweh(m): 6:00pm On Mar 16, 2011
switch47:

@ Thread
Yes it is a case of a mumu team playing against another mumu team and the result is inconsequential as the qualifying team out of these small teams will definitely be kicked out in the NEXT Round , when you win the rat race, you remain a RAt at the end.

@ Big father
Which team exactly are you refering to as my team? i am a fan of good football . if i must have a team i follow my club is located whwere i was born and bred and it is certainly not in Europe. that i have favourite clubs in Spain, England,Holland, and Italy does not shove on me the primary school Nigerian FAN mentality of i be Man united you be Liverpool shitt i really dont know how this madness enterd into the head of Nigerians, Ask a West Ham Fan based in London why he follows the club and he will give you a valid reason but ask for a example a glory hunting Nigerian Chelsea fan and he will tell you na becos we get money or na becos na we carry am last two years grin grin Pity!!
IRRELEVANT.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 by switch47(m): 6:06pm On Mar 16, 2011
@ Thread
Chelsea nad their opponent has no business in UCL and are both as good as hopeless and out of the Competition as none of this two weak teams can play and win any of the qualifiers for the next round. cheesy

@ Big father
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 by mykali(m): 7:31pm On Mar 16, 2011
Mere formalities. Who's next?
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 by nateevs(m): 8:48pm On Mar 16, 2011
Ok! Here we go!
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 by nateevs(m): 8:49pm On Mar 16, 2011
When was Mikel's last start?
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 by nateevs(m): 8:51pm On Mar 16, 2011
Lamps blows a sitter.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 by Dvampire(m): 9:04pm On Mar 16, 2011
updates pls. esp for those of us not watching the game now.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 by nateevs(m): 9:07pm On Mar 16, 2011
Drog seems to be in the mood.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 by nateevs(m): 9:09pm On Mar 16, 2011
Ramires, Zhirkov and Anelka almost producing a moment of magic there.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 by Dvampire(m): 9:11pm On Mar 16, 2011
nateevs you dey try. you are a true chelsea fan. thanks for the heads up joo. pls keep them coming.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 by nateevs(m): 9:14pm On Mar 16, 2011
N'Doye hits the post from a free kick. Cech rooted to the ground. What a kick.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 by nateevs(m): 9:19pm On Mar 16, 2011
Looks like a modified 4-4-2. Flat 2 on top. However while Zhirkov plays as a LW, the width on the right is being provided mainly by Bos as Ramires seems to be more like a RCM.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 by FBS: 9:21pm On Mar 16, 2011
FCK came to play. Good try. grin
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 by nateevs(m): 9:21pm On Mar 16, 2011
Zhirkov blows a sitter. . Not quite. He could have scored it though.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 by FBS: 9:22pm On Mar 16, 2011
Goodness. . . shocked YZ!!!
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 by nateevs(m): 9:24pm On Mar 16, 2011
FBS:

FCK came to play. Good try.  grin

Been wondering if you no go show.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 by Dvampire(m): 9:25pm On Mar 16, 2011
eh! dem be wan score?
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 by nateevs(m): 9:29pm On Mar 16, 2011
We need to score a goal quickly and put this to bed. If they get a goal, the pressure will pile up.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 by FBS: 9:31pm On Mar 16, 2011
nateevs:

Been wondering if you no go show.
My person. How you dey. Last man standing. hahaha.  cheesy

We should just score jare sharp sharp.  grin

But FCK (especially that Ndoye guy) really came to play!

Meanwhile. . .

DD!!! WTF?? grrrrrrrr! Stop passing the ball. Score jare.
Re: UCL: Chelsea Vs Copenhagen [0 - 0] On March 16, 2011 by nateevs(m): 9:38pm On Mar 16, 2011
EOH. Not a bad one. We could easily have been 2 up. Copenhagen could have scored as well from that sublime free kick that hit the post. They are sharper than they were in the first leg.

Score a goal. Kill the tie and let's see Josh come in.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hull City Vs Arsenal [1 - 2] On Saturday, 13th March / Blackpool Vs Chelsea Fc [1 - 3] On Monday, March 7th 2011 / Why Is Messi Better Than Ronaldo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.